need help with locked phone

Search This thread

yllwfstbck

Jan 4, 2011
My wife lost her phone about a month ago and got a new one through insurence.while we wer moving we found her old note 2.i started using it and tmobile locked the phone.ive rooted it and romed it and cant seem to get it unlocked.i took a shoot at getting one of the unlock codes from a web site but it was a scam just like i thought it would be.what do i need to do to get it unlocked.ive also tried by inputing the *#---------- but from what ive seen everbody has a 4th option and i cant ever get it to come up.any thoughts on how to get this done

Galaxysm

Sep 9, 2012
Mission
I think u have to downgrade to another version...but thats all I know...

Sent From Land Of Ooo. Using a Jedi Mastered Note 2.

"Where you think she at when she ain't with you?"...

Reactions: kintwofan

zayydubb

Nov 23, 2010
phoenix
will not for T-Mobile again unless they unblock it u can unlock it for another GSM. Carrier but will not work for T-Mobile not matter what as it is THE IMEI WHICH IS BLOCKED NOT YOUR PHONE BEING LOCKED.
Sent from my Xoom using xda app-developers app

GN2Rabbit

Dec 19, 2012
Can you link this. My understanding is att and t mobile will be with others soon. I see people all the time do this

Sent from my SGH-T889 using xda app-developers app

http://www.ctia.org/media/press/body.cfm/prid/2220

Here is the member list. Also these blacklists will soon apply to resellers. I had a rep from at&t and t-mobile confirm that.

http://www.ctia.org/membership/ctia_members/

Soon blacklisted phones will be paperweights.

Sent from my SGH-T889

mrej201

Mar 18, 2012
union city NJ
my suggestion is to change the imei its illegal but **** it you having a beast device

if anything message me i cant talk about that in thread

kintwofan

Jul 1, 2011
Irmo, SC
OnePlus 7T
Sony Xperia 1 III
http://www.ctia.org/media/press/body.cfm/prid/2220

Here is the member list. Also these blacklists will soon apply to resellers. I had a rep from at&t and t-mobile confirm that.

http://www.ctia.org/membership/ctia_members/

Soon blacklisted phones will be paperweights.

Sent from my SGH-T889

This confirms exactly what I was saying. I know is coming, but it's not here yet. So for the time being the op can use the phone on prepay. For how long who knows.

To the guy above me. Please delete your comment. You can't discuss our recommend illegal activity on xda. That kind of thing can get xda in trouble and get this thread locked quickly.

deeznutz1977

Jul 4, 2010
cHARMcity,MD
This confirms exactly what I was saying. I know is coming, but it's not here yet. So for the time being the op can use the phone on prepay. For how long who knows.

To the guy above me. Please delete your comment. You can't discuss our recommend illegal activity on xda. That kind of thing can get xda in trouble and get this thread locked quickly.

+1

GN2Rabbit

Dec 19, 2012

I called simplemobile and they said that soon they'll be checking phones against the black list. They'll do it on activation of service. They'll be doing it within 6 months. So enjoy it while it lasts.

Sent from my SGH-T889

kintwofan

Jul 1, 2011
Irmo, SC
OnePlus 7T
Sony Xperia 1 III
I called simplemobile and they said that soon they'll be checking phones against the black list. They'll do it on activation of service. They'll be doing it within 6 months. So enjoy it while it lasts.

Sent from my SGH-T889

Sure....I called too and they said as compensation if your phone ends up blocked they'll give you a new note 4 in place of it.

By the way my point still stands, for this minute he can use it on prepaid. Oh and based on what you just said

"They'll do it on activation of service."

If is activated now he'll be good when they make the switch. I'm not sure where you're trying to go with the besides start a fight you're losing and looking stupid doing at the same time.

And for the record I have at mobile account with an active note I was just trying to help the OP my start a fight not sure why you even jumped in

GN2Rabbit

Dec 19, 2012
Sure....I called too and they said as compensation if your phone ends up blocked they'll give you a new note 4 in place of it.

By the way my point still stands, for this minute he can use it on prepaid. Oh and based on what you just said

"They'll do it on activation of service."

If is activated now he'll be good when they make the switch. I'm not sure where you're trying to go with the besides start a fight you're losing and looking stupid doing at the same time.

And for the record I have at mobile account with an active note I was just trying to help the OP my start a fight not sure why you even jumped in

Don't know. But it won't be an option for long. That is why I chimed in. We all knew it wouldn't last. For now yes it'll work. But after they enforce the black list who knows.

Sent from my SGH-T889

Top Liked Posts