[DEV] 【2013.4.18】desire_HD2_sense4_Test[working sound][only for test]

Search This thread

gilbert32

Apr 4, 2011
In the universe
Thanks for info gilbert.really want to see this rom running on my hd2.but i dont know what to do with adb shell.hope someone can make it run via nativeSD :eek:

Sent from my PIXELDROID HD2 using xda premium

i hope too. i guess i was lucky when it worked a few times with me. still trying to figure out how it worked.
I really hope some dev work on this rom, it needs some work. especially the installer. maybe use dataonext instead of ad2sd, a better installer and have it copy all framework files to nand not sd-ext as there will still be some (a lot of) space left.

---------- Post added at 06:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:29 PM ----------

i'm posting again to clearly mention how to boot this rom (as it works for me):
  • after DHD bootanimation shows up, wait ~ 10 seconds and connect phone to pc.
  • use adb shell and type:
  • cd /system/etc/init.d
  • mkdir /sd-ext
  • sh 40a2sd
  • you're done
This is for EU hd2, i dunno about the tmo version if it boot correctly (installing as TMO on eu doesn't work for me)

Last edited:

kane159

Jun 16, 2008
i hope too. i guess i was lucky when it worked a few times with me. still trying to figure out how it worked.
I really hope some dev work on this rom, it needs some work. especially the installer. maybe use dataonext instead of ad2sd, a better installer and have it copy all framework files to nand not sd-ext as there will still be some (a lot of) space left.

---------- Post added at 06:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:29 PM ----------

i'm posting again to clearly mention how to boot this rom (as it works for me):
  • after DHD bootanimation shows up, wait ~ 10 seconds and connect phone to pc.
  • use adb shell and type:
  • cd /system/etc/init.d
  • mkdir /sd-ext
  • sh 40a2sd
  • you're done
This is for EU hd2, i dunno about the tmo version if it boot correctly (installing as TMO on eu doesn't work for me)

just see the edit, ok, i'm trying,sp dont need to move framework anymore?
why dont u try install Tmobile's selection? then all stuff will in nand then try data2ext :eek:

gilbert32

Apr 4, 2011
In the universe
just see the edit, ok, i'm trying,sp dont need to move framework anymore?
why dont u try install Tmobile's selection? then all stuff will in nand then try data2ext

tried installing tmo, it needed a big data partition (>60mb im sure) and i was too lazy to go for it twice. Tmobile installation has the same problem i think
not sure about moving the framework, should work without it. you'd know with logcat after starting a2sd as the output will change

Last edited:

kane159

Jun 16, 2008
tried installing tmo, it needed a big data partition (>60mb im sure) and i was too lazy to go for it twice. Tmobile installation has the same problem i think
not sure about moving the framework, should work without it. you'd know with logcat after starting a2sd as the output will change

ok...so i maybe understand why mine eu version dont boot....couse my recovery set 8MB sboot 5MB EXTROM DISABLE....so my data partation is only 23M....

gilbert32

Apr 4, 2011
In the universe
ok...so i maybe understand why mine eu version dont boot....couse my recovery set 8MB sboot 5MB EXTROM DISABLE....so my data partation is only 23M....

yeah. with a2sd, it would use 10-20M from data. Enable extrom, and shrink system partition.Titanum backup shows 106mb free with partition size of 387 (i set it for 370). try system partition 300M

gilbert32

Apr 4, 2011
In the universe
What about reboot phone?still need using that step again?

Sent from my PIXELDROID HD2 using xda premium

yes, you still have to do it again.
Unfortunately i don't know how to auto-mount the sd-ext or how to autostart a2sd script, or if it's supposed to and not working, how to fix it.
Until now, i'm amazed by it's speed, and possibly using it as a daily driver. a few problems? who needs sound or wifi anyway?:p

Reactions: farafr

Stensfie

Oct 14, 2012
yes, you still have to do it again.
Unfortunately i don't know how to auto-mount the sd-ext or how to autostart a2sd script, or if it's supposed to and not working, how to fix it.
Until now, i'm amazed by it's speed, and possibly using it as a daily driver. a few problems? who needs sound or wifi anyway?:p

Can you make a video to show this rom....??? Thanks man

Sent from my GT-P6810 using xda app-developers app

GODISMYCOPILOT

Jul 23, 2012
ive managed to get it to boot in nand ok but i removed a lot of bloatware from it but ive not a lot of space left

kane159

Jun 16, 2008
finally finally!!! boot on eu version

attachment.php

attachment.php

here is the simple GUIDS

attachment.php

2.flash the rom , choose eu version
after flash, dont reboot, connect your phone to pc then type this
Code:
adb shell
mount /system
mkdir framework
exit
then type adb push ←here have a space
see the pic
attachment.php

after drop, keep typing /system/framework
like the pic
attachment.php

push enter

ok, now reboot

after boot animation stop
type these
Code:
adb shell
cd /system/etc/init.d
mkdir /sd-ext
sh 40a2sd

ok, not it'll boot

every time u reboot u need to do this again
type these
Code:
adb shell
cd /system/etc/init.d
mkdir /sd-ext
sh 40a2sd

annoning hun, jajajaja

gilbert32

Apr 4, 2011
In the universe
finally finally!!! boot on eu version

type these
Code:
adb shell
cd /system/etc/init.d
mkdir /sd-ext
sh 40a2sd
n, jajajaja

a simpler way:
at 1st boot:
Code:
adb shell
mkdir /sd-ext
mkdir /system/framework
sh /system/etc/init.d/40a2sd
cp -s /sd-ext/sys-parts/framework/* /system/framework
if it doesn't start to boot after few seconds, redo the sh /system/etc/init.d/40a2sd

after first boot:
Code:
adb shell
cd /system/etc/init.d
mkdir /sd-ext
sh 40a2sd
this way you will save much space as you symlink framework from sd-ext to system :)

Edit: 270mb system partition is enough for me, leaves me with ~160 mb data to use :D

Last edited:

gilbert32

Apr 4, 2011
In the universe
Guys can't we change the installer script to reflect these changes ?
And thanks a lot for all the work upto now :D

i wish i could've done that. i will try to see it today and test it.

---------- Post added at 11:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:45 AM ----------

Code:
Try replacing the files in the attached archive with the rom's setup files, and try flashing it.
you should no longer symlink framework files. just make the sd-ext dir and execute the a2sd script

Edit:add the files from the second archive. the first one didn't work the second should.This fixes copying or symlinking framework files to system, but not booting and mounting issue
Code:
Now working sorry.
testing another one...
Tested and working after fresh install:
Final fix for framework linking. replace the original installer's files with the ones in the archive.
For those who don't know how to use adb:second archive (bootrom) extract it to some folder, and after turning the device on, open boot.bat. it should boot the rom :)

Attachments

• desire_HD2_sense4_Test_finalFIX_framework.zip
    1.4 KB · Views: 145
  • bootrom.zip
    332 KB · Views: 99
Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Original throad

http://www.miui.com/thread-1141052-1-1.html

developer :__wky

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

【when flash choose NO 】use magldr,CLK dont have data support couse the builder dont include PPP

whats working
    phone message,music voice,rotation,promission,software,GPRS,camera album…

not working
    wifi ,bluetooth,.........

link
    http://pan.baidu.com/share/link?shareid=383751&uk=2822129531
    http://d-h.st/p7l

partation:370/5

I'm not a developer, i just ask the original builder to let me post here fro asking some help ;)
    Here's the summary until today:
    • Wifi fixed. thanks to gilbert32
    • Bluetooth fixed(waiting for test). thanks to -pixelfreak-
    • More languages added to installation. thanks to -pixelfreak-
    • mobile network work for pixelfreak. thanks to -pixelfreak-
    • Boot fixed. thanks to kane159 and gilbert32
    • Low sound probably fixed. mixed reports. i posted a method that should work fine Here. thanks to gilbert32
    • NativeSD version is ready, very buggy as reported. thanks to gujiangjiang

Still to do:
    • Fix camera FC
    • Fix Weather FC
    • Include missing files
    • Update drivers
    • Fix sound recorder app
    • Fully fix nativeSD and make it ready
    • Find all evil bugs and exterminate them
    • start working on sense 5 :D
    re

i have played today with this rom.

full working
    - WIFI
    - Mobile Data
    - network switch from wifi to 3G and back
    - GPS ( i must test with Navigation)
    - flight mode
    - Weather and Clock (insert the files from other rom)
    - Sound
    - Fast with more tweaks
    - Multilungual System / Keyboard Language
    - Insert more Apps
    - Download from Playstore

not working
    - bluetooth (not found the problem for 100% working sorry)
    - camcorder (mistake in the media_profile.xml and .so files / this is the perfect work for tytung this is the perfect man for this coding)
    well...

what if I tell you guys that I have a fully working bluetooth now? : )))))))
    I actually used my BT headset for a phone call couple of minutes ago )))

so, no kernel changes were required in the end... just the right settings in init.rc and in buid.prop and correct files in system/etc...

I need to dump my system folder now and compare it to the original, so I can be sure that I don't miss anything, and then I will be able to give you guys precise instructions how to fix it
    Here's what i ported from desire S-Cooldroid,i didn't ask for permission so don't expect to share,my personal use only,working weather on lock screen but not resize properly,
    i didn't test other things because i'm focused on lock screen...
    BT,camcorder is main problem on sense 4
    for bt i think we need kernel modification

EDIT:got it,weather lockscreen,problem was in idlescreen_base.apk