[ROM][4.2.2] SlimBean - nozomi - Xperia S [Build.7][OFFICIAL][06/07/2013]

Search This thread

kufikugel

Aug 12, 2012
Thank you so much kufikugel.

As far as I can see you also have integrated the latest kernel update by RainmanFX?

I created our Openpdroid patch for your beautiful ROM.

Openpdroid for SlimBean - nozomi - Xperia S [Build.4]

just a short information this will work as well for 4.2 version

No bugs here.. M happy with 4.0 :)

Sent from The Beauty - Xperia S

---------- Post added at 02:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:46 PM ----------

Yes the Steps are fair.. Recovery comes with the kernel you fastboot..

fine :) yes mainly the translation bugs were solved....the not 3 dot menu show just happened on navbar devices....so all in all it is not really needed to update then to 4.2 for english speaking guys (only if you urgently needs the 3 new features :p hehe)

You can flash the new playstore which had some bugfixes from google via the upgrade package...works as well on build.4

thanks the bug the network remains as long as the sony does not release the 3.4 kernel? and or resolved?

yes I reduced it as much as I can and the reports about got much lesser. A 100% solution....yes when sony releases the sources.

@rahilsayed happy now with the manual brightness reduce change? ;)

cheers

rahilsayed

Sep 13, 2011
Mumbai
just a short information this will work as well for 4.2 version

fine :) yes mainly the translation bugs were solved....the not 3 dot menu show just happened on navbar devices....so all in all it is not really needed to update then to 4.2 for english speaking guys (only if you urgently needs the 3 new features :p hehe)

You can flash the new playstore which had some bugfixes from google via the upgrade package...works as well on build.4

yes I reduced it as much as I can and the reports about got much lesser. A 100% solution....yes when sony releases the sources.

@rahilsayed happy now with the manual brightness reduce change? ;)

cheers

Very much happy my friend....but this achievement is for all.The rom is perfectly working,i found no bug in anything.Waiting fot newer kernel to b implemented.Thanks again !!

Sent from my Xperia S using xda premium

somrom

Feb 26, 2012
Hatyai
hello

I have never installed a rom then I would start by slimbean could you tell me if these procedures are fair?

1) I extract the boot.img file and he flashed via fastboot
2) when I disconnect the phone I press vol up when the LED is purple
3) entered into recovery do a full wipe and then he flashed the slimbean and gapps
4) this is done he flashed the 4.2 update right?

P.S. I've already unlocked bootloader and root

p.p.s. the recovery is installed when he flashed the boot.img? when I think of being without recovery.

sorry for bad english

Hi, i thing you are not complete to flash firmware in your step.

Before you start 1 - 4 step , You must to download slim rom 4.2.2 v.4.2 from Here http://slimroms.net/index.php/downloads/all/viewcategory/398-nozomi
and past it to sd card.

and then start your step 1 - 4 and restart with hold Volume Up for go to CWM

and the flash Slim rom ...

eletricx

Mar 7, 2013
Chongqing
Thanks for your Great ROM
But I have a camera problem after dirty installing 4.2 rom
At first time after installed it, the camera is okay. But, right now, It cannot store the pic(because the cam app works fine before I touch the shoot buttom)

Should I clean reinstall this rom ?

tania247260

Apr 10, 2013
Visby sweden
Thanks for your Great ROM
But I have a camera problem after dirty installing 4.2 rom
At first time after installed it, the camera is okay. But, right now, It cannot store the pic(because the cam app works fine before I touch the shoot buttom)

Should I clean reinstall this rom ?
Please do a Clean Install !!

---------- Post added at 04:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:55 PM ----------

How is the battery life on Slim bean build 4.2????????

salva93

Nov 11, 2011
Genoa

-Harsh-

Jul 16, 2012
Rajkot
Hi, i thing you are not complete to flash firmware in your step.

Before you start 1 - 4 step , You must to download slim rom 4.2.2 v.4.2 from Here http://slimroms.net/index.php/downloads/all/viewcategory/398-nozomi
and past it to sd card.

and then start your step 1 - 4 and restart with hold Volume Up for go to CWM

and the flash Slim rom ...

He wrote in step 1 that he will extract boot.img so it means he has the rom others wise where he would extract from.. Don't confuse him by pasting the link..

Yea you have a point to have it on sd card otherwise it would be mess.. Good point :)

Last edited:

Gloris

Dec 10, 2011
I also had camera problems when dirty flash from 4.0 to 4.2 (clicking camera app said "app isn't installed"). Is it always the case that you need to do a fresh clean install for every update? just done a clean install and camera is back and working, but is there some way to release just an "update" only file in the future or something instead of having to keep clean installing for every update and reinstalling all my apps, changing all my settings again, restoring all my sms etc etc etc. it's just quite a long winded process to get everything back the way you want it, and kinda defeats the point of having such a hugely customizable rom if you have to go through all that every time an update is released?

SnowOokami

Mar 24, 2011
My Phone doesn't seem to like sakuractive o_O it crashed twice...after that I wiped dalvik and cache and doing an Antutu stress test, seems to be fine for now...
Am I the only one with this problem?

Does sakuractive and fiops go together?

tania247260

Apr 10, 2013
Visby sweden
On which release? Do you or anyone have more detailed information?
I think on Build 4.2 Has not problem with network.I have not face any problem yet.

---------- Post added at 12:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:39 AM ----------

My Phone doesn't seem to like sakuractive o_O it crashed twice...after that I wiped dalvik and cache and doing an Antutu stress test, seems to be fine for now...
Am I the only one with this problem?

Does sakuractive and fiops go together?

If u have already flashed the gapp and the slim rom build 4.2 on ur phone,now do the flash of boot img by using fastboot tool

Reactions: SnowOokami

emddummi

Mar 4, 2012
Hi,

I am a new Xperia S User and want to flash your ROM.
I already Root my Phone and have a CWM-Based Recovery 6.0.1.? ist installed an can be startet with Vol_UP.

I only want to know if these are the right steps:

1. Downloaded Gapps and SlimRom from OP and put on SD_Card
2. Start CWM, Full Wipe, Wipe Cache, Wipe Dalvik and Format System
3. Install zip ROM.ZIP and then GAPPS.ZIP
4. Reboot and enjoy!

I am right with this?

mfg
eMd

__xEpiiC_Us3R-

Jan 31, 2013
Hi,

I am a new Xperia S User and want to flash your ROM.
I already Root my Phone and have a CWM-Based Recovery 6.0.1.? ist installed an can be startet with Vol_UP.

I only want to know if these are the right steps:

1. Downloaded Gapps and SlimRom from OP and put on SD_Card
2. Start CWM, Full Wipe, Wipe Cache, Wipe Dalvik and Format System
3. Install zip ROM.ZIP and then GAPPS.ZIP
4. Reboot and enjoy!

I am right with this?

mfg
eMd

U are unlocked Bootloader??
If yes the step u said are correct

Inviato dal mio LT26i con Tapatalk 2

Reactions: emddummi

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    SlimBeanOP2.png

Disclaimer: We are not responsible for any damages on your device.

Original Slim Features:

1. The Real Dark Slim
    2. Notification drawer Shortcuts
    3. Full hardware key rebinding!
    4. Keyboard rotation
    5. SlimCenter

Check out our full feature list here

Changelog
    Find our latest Changelog go here

Chat with the slim team and other slim users
    • IRC: #slimusers @freenode
    • New to IRC? Don't have a native app? Try the Freenode web client [link] or the Firefox extension Chatzilla [link]
    • Google+ [link]
    • Twitter [link]
    • Facebook [Link]

Installation instructions
    For Most Users
    Please keep in mind if a special instruction is needed it will be noted in the Changelog
    • Download the latest build from [here]
    • Addons ( if you don't have it already) from [here]
    • !Recommended! Full wipe, and manual format /system
    • Flash ROM and the addons you want, reboot

FAQ
    Check out out FAQ before posting! Keeps more common questions answered in one place!

Help us out!
    If you want to help us by translating slim to your language check out Crowdin.net and submite your translations.
    Or consider a donation.

Thanks!
    You can find the full list of credits here

Source
    Please visit here for the rom source code.
    Kernel source can be found here
    BIG BIG BIG BIG BIG thanks to

to OpenSEMC and RaymanFX without his kernel and some of his device tree that would be never possible.

Also big thanks of course to the FXP team and letama!!

If you have any problems please follow this instructions:

How to submit a bug.

First of all read the bugs section on our website. If you're bug isn't mentioned then proceed.

When you submit a bug you want to make sure that nothing from your side is causing it.
    Otherwise your developer might be hunting a bug which doesn't really exist.
    The best way to achieve this is by doing the following.

1. Make a nandroid backup.

2. Perform a full wipe (factory reset + wipe /system)

Now we have two different ways depending on what kind of problem do you're having.

3a. When you're having a problem with a ROM function flash now just the ROM without GAPPS etc. and boot back into the system. You will boot directly onto the homescreen.

3b. When you're having a problem with a 3rd party app in combination with our ROM then flash the ROM and GAPPS.
    Boot now back into the system. You will boot to the setup wizard.
    Log in to your Google account but make sure that you untick "Restore from my Google Account to this phone/tablet".
    Finish the setup and open the playstore and download only the app you're having problems with.

4. Start a logcat recording and reproduce the bug (if possible more than once) while taking the logcat. If you don't know how to get a logcat read this tutorial or this .

5. Post the logcat in a txt file (this is important because you otherwise clog up the threads with your log) in the correct thread.
    Please also write detailed how we can reproduce the bug.

6. Restore your backup from point 1 and wait for a fix (don't ask for ETAs).
    If you come from a stock Sony firmware image please flash this kernel before via fastboot:

Attention: your bootloader need to be unlocked to flash a custom rom like SlimBean.....a good step by step tutorial you find here:

http://androidlegend.com/how-to-unlock-bootloader-of-sony-xperia-s-lt26i/

after that you can go ahead with the next steps below

1. Download:

(Kernel from OFFICIAL release build 2.5)

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/106208842/boot.img

2. Turn your phone off and hold the volume up button and plug in your USB connection and wait till the LED is getting blue

3. Terminal command to flash:

fastboot flash boot boot.img

4. Reboot your phone and wait till your LED turns violett....in this moment push the volume up button and you have access to your custom recovery

5. Connect your phone with USB and push the downloaded roms and gapps to your phone now with the terminal command:

adb push <filename> /sdcard/

6. Wipe data/cache/dalvic, format system, flash the rom and the gapps and you are finished
    Hey guys,

sorry for delay a bit stressfull day today lol

Ok I pushed the new build to slimroms.net

you can find here

http://www.slimroms.net/index.php/downloads/all/viewcategory/273-nozomi

also I setuped that you get OTA notifications now when next new build is available.

GPS is fixed........thanks a bunch to RaymanFX and push his thanks button ;)

about camera.....yes 12Mp

cheers and have fun and report back

Lars