[DISCUSSION] Thoughts on your new One?

Search This thread

adil17

Sep 16, 2012
What are your opinion and thoughts on this phone?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
Jan 15, 2013
Columbus, OH
I'm loving it!! Very fast, the speakers are great. A few things I'd like improvement on would be the rss feed choices for the home screen and I'm not fanatic about Beats Audio through headphones. Although I may throw a custom Rom on it hehe. The feel is perfect, not to heavy and not too light unlike the galaxy 3 which feels cheap.

Already extremely please with this phone and TMobiles service.

rollsrd

Apr 23, 2013
I have it since monday it's great! I'm coming from the HTC mytouch so it's really an incredible difference . The camera it's great as well and battery is lasting a lot :)

Sent from my HTC One using xda app-developers app

Reactions: adil17

s1lenz

Sep 27, 2010
its a huge adjustment coming from a pure google nexus 4. here are just some minor random notes:

- the build quality is great, but the phone feels rough on the sides like they havent been sanded down. ditto for the earplug hole. NOT A BIG DEAL.

- either i got a phone with zero gap or people are seeing things on their phones. again NOT A BIG DEAL.

- phone is loud for a phone, not for radio. compared to other phones, its awesome.

- beats audio doesnt come through on the speakers. you get no bass from the speakers. performs elegantly with earphones plugged in.

- the car dock is amaaaazing. must-have.

- the car mode is really well done. you can choose to listen to local radio stations through wireless with tunein. you can also add other apps to car mode home. navigation gives you google maps, appointments, gas station, restaurants, by photo, parking (parking structures), cafes, bars, atm, convenience store, pharmacy shopping and emergency.

- htc should have made the logo a real button. yes, its capacitive and we will be able to use it as a real button, but it doesnt light up like the back and home buttons and generaly looks out of place.

- facebook/twitter/messaging integration on sense is really well done. better then most alternatives ive seen.

- wish you could scroll diagonally on the apps drawer.

- wish you could turn off the feed.

- wish you could use your own icons on sense home.

- thought the notification light was going to be bigger. they used a hole on the grill to insert the light. but at least they included it.

- tmobile bloatware... ugh.

- everything is superfast and super responsive. havent seen a touch of lag yet.

- screen is amazeballs. dont know if its placebo effect, but it seemed to have looked better after 3-4 hours of usage. dunno if thats the screen warming up or my eyes getting used to it.

- really gritting my teeth at this s-on s-off thing, never had to deal with it before with samsung and nexus phones. but i knew what i was getting into.

- camera is VERY nice. havent had enough time to play around with it but it seems to snap photos very quickly and clearly.

- already feeling the effects of having run 4.1.2. coincidentally the first two apps i tried to install on the phone, creditkarma and dashclock dont work on 4.2.1, just 4.2.

- more apps then i care to number still have the menu button at the bottom, including facebook. little silly that you can run facebook home on the phone but the option bar takes up 1/5th of the screen.

- i sorely miss the aosp notification bar, although sense's isnt bad.

- phone gets pretty toasty after moderate usage.

- i can hold the phone comfortably but i have huge hands. still have to hold the pinkie at the bottom of the phone to keep it up.

ghostdgnn

Nov 6, 2007
I just wanted to upload 3 images comparing the Nexus 4 camera with and without flash to the HTC One without flash.

I am impressed with the camera so far! They were taken without trying to make them look nice just to see what it would be like in a moments notice to take an image.

Nick L

Oct 13, 2011
Denver
Just got back from the shop with mine. First impressions:

-Thoroughly gorgeous, and feels perfect in hand. Nice weight - lighter than I was expecting but still totally solid.

-Screen is amazing. Razor sharp, bright, with great viewing angles and none of that AMOLED-turns-blue-if-you-tilt-the-phone nonsense.

-No gaps. (Serial FA34CW if anyone's interested).

-Power button is a little tricky to reach for me one-handed. I can just two-hand it though, not a big deal. Don't have any issues with the two-button arrangement.

-Haven't had a chance to try out music on it yet, but I got a call and I flinched, it was so loud. Vibration also seems very strong.

-Blinkfeed is nice to have, but I could see it being overwhelming if that was my only homescreen. I pushed it off to the side so I can look at it if I'm bored. Otherwise, I really like Sense 5 - nice clean design, all the stock apps have the Holo-style "view pager", and in general it just works great.

-Performance is excellent - this thing really flies.

-Typical T-Mobile bloatware. Disabled almost immediately.

-Haven't had a chance to use the camera yet. Still have to do some experimenting (and don't really want to take pictures of the random crap on my desk).

Overall I'm highly impressed. I think that, if HTC fails (knock on wood/fingers crossed that doesn't happen), it will not have been for a lack of trying, at least on the product side. They have the superior product - now they need to get the word out.

Nick L

Oct 13, 2011
Denver
How did you disable the tmob bloat?

Settings>Apps, then swipe sideways to "All", then scroll through the list. When you find something you don't want, tap it and then tap "Disable". Tap "OK" when the "app may misbehave" pops up, and then repeat as desired. A couple of them (SoundHound and TunedIn Radio) can be fully uninstalled, but most can't unfortunately. Oh well, such is life with a operator-branded device. Kind of a pain but AFAIK this is the only way to sort-of get rid of them without root.

Reactions: s1lenz

syaoran68

Jul 31, 2008
Irvine, CA
Roo is already available just unlock you bootloader and install twrp or cwm and then you can install supersu. That's what I did, then installed ti backup and uninstalling those first haha

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: s1lenz

s1lenz

Sep 27, 2010
Roo is already available just unlock you bootloader and install twrp or cwm and then you can install supersu. That's what I did, then installed ti backup and uninstalling those first haha

I was gonna try to last but I can't. At least I made it 24 hours without unlocking th bootloader, i think thats a record haha...

Turb0wned

Oct 31, 2008
Miami
Best phone i've had.

One thing that I hate though, why why why why why must I have Facebook crap in my gallery after loggining in!

redspeed6

Oct 28, 2011
Houston,TX
Got mine today. Love it so far. Moved from a Galaxy S4G. Love the build and the feel. Looking forward to some roms and devs for this phone.

Sent from my HTC One using xda premium

Gamesoul Master

Aug 26, 2010
went straight to unlock bootloader > flashed custom recovery > flashed ARHD 7.0 > now sitting on charge. love how it feel in hands

So flashing the ROM's available for the other versions works? I suppose since the hardware is essentially the same, it wouldn't matter as long as the radio is kept, right?

Mikee4fun

Jun 2, 2004
California
www.mikee4fun.com
As for changing the Sense Icon's you can, I have done it, you just need to root the device and do a lot of work.

Screenshot_2013-04-20-08-27-00.png

Screenshot_2013-04-20-08-27-12.png

---------- Post added at 02:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:31 AM ----------

So flashing the ROM's available for the other versions works? I suppose since the hardware is essentially the same, it wouldn't matter as long as the radio is kept, right?

You can only flash roms that are designated for the HTC One M7 device. However, there are some issues with the signal properly reporting and other issues.

Reactions: Gamesoul Master

Gamesoul Master

Aug 26, 2010
You can only flash roms that are designated for the HTC One M7 device. However, there are some issues with the signal properly reporting and other issues.

Thanks. Haven't had a chance to dig around the forums yet now that we finally have our own section, so I wasn't sure.

I'm kinda surprised that the M7 ROM's are fine but not the AT&T ones. I'm coming from the S2, where we used AT&T ROM's frequently (with a proper kernel of course).

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I'm loving it!! Very fast, the speakers are great. A few things I'd like improvement on would be the rss feed choices for the home screen and I'm not fanatic about Beats Audio through headphones. Although I may throw a custom Rom on it hehe. The feel is perfect, not to heavy and not too light unlike the galaxy 3 which feels cheap.

Already extremely please with this phone and TMobiles service.
    its a huge adjustment coming from a pure google nexus 4. here are just some minor random notes:

- the build quality is great, but the phone feels rough on the sides like they havent been sanded down. ditto for the earplug hole. NOT A BIG DEAL.

- either i got a phone with zero gap or people are seeing things on their phones. again NOT A BIG DEAL.

- phone is loud for a phone, not for radio. compared to other phones, its awesome.

- beats audio doesnt come through on the speakers. you get no bass from the speakers. performs elegantly with earphones plugged in.

- the car dock is amaaaazing. must-have.

- the car mode is really well done. you can choose to listen to local radio stations through wireless with tunein. you can also add other apps to car mode home. navigation gives you google maps, appointments, gas station, restaurants, by photo, parking (parking structures), cafes, bars, atm, convenience store, pharmacy shopping and emergency.

- htc should have made the logo a real button. yes, its capacitive and we will be able to use it as a real button, but it doesnt light up like the back and home buttons and generaly looks out of place.

- facebook/twitter/messaging integration on sense is really well done. better then most alternatives ive seen.

- wish you could scroll diagonally on the apps drawer.

- wish you could turn off the feed.

- wish you could use your own icons on sense home.

- thought the notification light was going to be bigger. they used a hole on the grill to insert the light. but at least they included it.

- tmobile bloatware... ugh.

- everything is superfast and super responsive. havent seen a touch of lag yet.

- screen is amazeballs. dont know if its placebo effect, but it seemed to have looked better after 3-4 hours of usage. dunno if thats the screen warming up or my eyes getting used to it.

- really gritting my teeth at this s-on s-off thing, never had to deal with it before with samsung and nexus phones. but i knew what i was getting into.

- camera is VERY nice. havent had enough time to play around with it but it seems to snap photos very quickly and clearly.

- already feeling the effects of having run 4.1.2. coincidentally the first two apps i tried to install on the phone, creditkarma and dashclock dont work on 4.2.1, just 4.2.

- more apps then i care to number still have the menu button at the bottom, including facebook. little silly that you can run facebook home on the phone but the option bar takes up 1/5th of the screen.

- i sorely miss the aosp notification bar, although sense's isnt bad.

- phone gets pretty toasty after moderate usage.

- i can hold the phone comfortably but i have huge hands. still have to hold the pinkie at the bottom of the phone to keep it up.
    I have it since monday it's great! I'm coming from the HTC mytouch so it's really an incredible difference . The camera it's great as well and battery is lasting a lot :)

How did you disable the tmob bloat?

Settings>Apps, then swipe sideways to "All", then scroll through the list. When you find something you don't want, tap it and then tap "Disable". Tap "OK" when the "app may misbehave" pops up, and then repeat as desired. A couple of them (SoundHound and TunedIn Radio) can be fully uninstalled, but most can't unfortunately. Oh well, such is life with a operator-branded device. Kind of a pain but AFAIK this is the only way to sort-of get rid of them without root.