[ROM][UCAMA4]NoveIIa Dos - Pshhhh[AllianceRom][030213]

Search This thread

Tiffany84

Inactive Recognized Themer
Jul 27, 2010
Hey Froid, I was trying a few different things but I'm wanting to come back to this but have a question. In the past I've seen multiple updates in the OTA. If that's the case and there are more than one do I only need to flash the latest? Also, I'm wanting to try the suede theme but wanted to make sure it's good to go with the latest update? Thanks.

Ceasare

Dec 17, 2010
Fort Worth
Ok , I am confused. It keeps sending me to twrp recovery, but there is no OTA folder in external or internal memory. Is the zip supposed to flash automatically? Am I doing a noobish error? sorry for the continued posts. Thanks!

No worries...better to be safe than sorry..just hit yes when asked to reboot. It will boot to recovery and flash the file. Good luck

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

Brad.S.

Mar 26, 2012
Colorado
Ok , I am confused. It keeps sending me to twrp recovery, but there is no OTA folder in external or internal memory. Is the zip supposed to flash automatically? Am I doing a noobish error? sorry for the continued posts. Thanks!

It is supposed to flash automatically.
After downloading from the OTA:
Navigate to ROM customizer in setting and choose "flash file from internal"
Navigate to "OTA downloads"
Choose the file you downloaded, agree to all the prompts and it should jump into recovery and flash. It should also reboot automatically.

If you DL'ed the update it should be in a folder named "OTA downloads" by default. You don't have to navigate to it in recovery, rom customizer does everything for you

Hope that helps

Last edited:

Froid

Apr 5, 2012
somewhere
Also, after you download a mod or an update you can hit the install button in the top right while still in the OTA and it should do the same auto install for you. If you're still having an issue, it may be the version of twrp your using. Make sure you're on one of the latest releases. Otherwise, not sure why it's giving you issues.

rhaneyjr

Feb 10, 2012
Visalia
Running this bad boy. Amazing features. Love ability to mod directly from the Rom. A+

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using xda premium

---------- Post added at 09:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:10 AM ----------

Twrp working fine here. Hit the white arrow in the top right and it will take care of itself. Wonderful

PsyCl0ne

Jun 10, 2010
OnePlus 6
Google Pixel 6
Hey nun or froid,
I'm having problems with my wifi. My phone connects to the routers in two separate locations with no problems but at one location it's like I'm running on 56k and the location that im at right now says I there is no Internet connection except for the main fact that other devices are able to max speed tests at either location regardless of being wired or wireless.

I did have ad block plus enabled but have recently removed it but I dont believe it to be the culprit because on data I have no problems using my phone.

Other than the last couple of days everything has been running smooth with the occasional having to retry because of a connection error in the YouTube app.

Currently I'm running latest dos with suede theme. I'm also running the latest peesues kernel with profile 4 without the governor tweaks. Also I'm not at home but I can try grabbing a logcat if it helps.

~PsyCl0ne

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using xda app-developers app

Pick_A_Name

May 14, 2011
Dallas, TX
Hey nun or froid,
I'm having problems with my wifi. My phone connects to the routers in two separate locations with no problems but at one location it's like I'm running on 56k and the location that im at right now says I there is no Internet connection except for the main fact that other devices are able to max speed tests at either location regardless of being wired or wireless.

I did have ad block plus enabled but have recently removed it but I dont believe it to be the culprit because on data I have no problems using my phone.

Other than the last couple of days everything has been running smooth with the occasional having to retry because of a connection error in the YouTube app.

Currently I'm running latest dos with suede theme. I'm also running the latest peesues kernel with profile 4 without the governor tweaks. Also I'm not at home but I can try grabbing a logcat if it helps.

~PsyCl0ne

Sounds like a router issue. Even though some devices connect fine, sometimes others just don't work. Are you able to reset the router? A lot of times that fixes those kinds of issues.

Reactions: Froid

PsyCl0ne

Jun 10, 2010
OnePlus 6
Google Pixel 6
Sounds like a router issue. Even though some devices connect fine, sometimes others just don't work. Are you able to reset the router? A lot of times that fixes those kinds of issues.

Thank you I'll give it a go. Although I'm having this issue with two separate routers. A dlink dir 615 and a linksys wrt54g I believe.

~PsyCl0ne

Reactions: Pick_A_Name

Pick_A_Name

May 14, 2011
Dallas, TX
Actually I find it a lot the older a router gets. My experience shows they need to be reset the closer to end of life a router gets. It could just be me, but that's how it's happened with my last 4 routers. Good luck and please report back.

Reactions: Froid

cwhitney24

Jun 12, 2011
Daphne, AL
Actually I find it a lot the older a router gets. My experience shows they need to be reset the closer to end of life a router gets. It could just be me, but that's how it's happened with my last 4 routers. Good luck and please report back.

And he has YEARS of experience.

:D:D:D:D

Sent from The Bacon Pope's Galaxy Note 2

G7Baker

Mar 11, 2013
Jacksonville
Battery Drain

Hey i was just wondering i ran this Rom yesterday and i noticed that my battery was draining faster than usual.. When i looked at my batter stats i can see that my Android system and Android OS was draining it the most. Im using saber kernel_21 which is what i use with most my Roms and i dont understand why it was draining so quickly. I love this Rom because of the themes and the mods but i need My battery life too. On my Previous Rom i was using my Android System and Android Os would only Use about 15% or less each. Anybody Know what this might be?

BigBison420

Feb 19, 2012
jacksonville
www.facebook.com
Hey i was just wondering i ran this Rom yesterday and i noticed that my battery was draining faster than usual.. When i looked at my batter stats i can see that my Android system and Android OS was draining it the most. Im using saber kernel_21 which is what i use with most my Roms and i dont understand why it was draining so quickly. I love this Rom because of the themes and the mods but i need My battery life too. On my Previous Rom i was using my Android System and Android Os would only Use about 15% or less each. Anybody Know what this might be?

mine is high too... not sure it it's related to wake locks or deep sleep - the "package" description it gives isnt very helpful

G7Baker

Mar 11, 2013
Jacksonville
mine is high too... not sure it it's related to wake locks or deep sleep - the "package" description it gives isnt very helpful

Well i just did a clean install today and i didnt use nova launcher. I see a lilttle improvement I dont know why Nova Launcher would affect it but thats the only thing i did different. I run Nova with Clean & Jedi and always had good Battery stats. So im in the process of making a back up now and when i reboot im stay on stock TW for today and see how it goes and tomorrow i will run Nova and reprt back.....I Really Like this Rom alot and would like for it to be a keeper

BigBison420

Feb 19, 2012
jacksonville
www.facebook.com
Well i just did a clean install today and i didnt use nova launcher. I see a lilttle improvement I dont know why Nova Launcher would affect it but thats the only thing i did different. I run Nova with Clean & Jedi and always had good Battery stats. So im in the process of making a back up now and when i reboot im stay on stock TW for today and see how it goes and tomorrow i will run Nova and reprt back.....I Really Like this Rom alot and would like for it to be a keeper

im running adw ex - nova always ran high for some reason but yeah, this rom is the best IMO

mikeymopar

Jan 14, 2011
Hey i was just wondering i ran this Rom yesterday and i noticed that my battery was draining faster than usual.. When i looked at my batter stats i can see that my Android system and Android OS was draining it the most...

anytime you flash thru recovery the stats get messed up. sometimes not too bad but other times pretty bad especially seen with androidOS. give it a coupla three charge cycles and it should be fine.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

novellabanner.png

novellashowcase.png

Tired of flashing different zips to get the set up you want...give this one a shot. One zip...thousands of combinations. Plus...more options availiable via OTA. Customization at it's simplest...and finest.
    Features

• UCAMA4 firmware
    • Stock Kernel - unsecured, bootanimation and init.d support
    • Deodexed
    • Zipaligned
    • Debloated
    • Updated host file for ad blocking
    • USB Debugging and Unknown Sources selected as default options
    • Extended power menu
    • Call Recording
    • Removed Ascending Ringer Volume
    • Unrestricted Tethering
    • Removed Wifi Connected and Headphone Connected notifications
    • Alliance Control - found in system Settings and contains general, lock sceen, and system ui options.
      LockScreen Mods
      • Select Lockscreen - Ripple, Circle, AOSP, BlackBerry10, Optimus 4x, Acer
      • Select Ink Color - any color
      • Lock Screen Torch - press home button on while on lock screen to turn on torch
      • Long Press Skip Song
      • Enable/Disable Lockscreen sound
      UI Mods
      • Clock options - Position, am/pm, color, day of the week
      • Statusbar Options - dropdown color/transparency, statusbar color/transparency, Battery Icon, visibility of other status bar icons
      • Toggle Options - Number/Order, Toggle brightness slider, Color of toggles and text (completely customizable), show/hide text and indicators
      General Mods
      • CRT Animation toggle
      • Blocking Mode icon toggle
      • Low battery popup toggle
      • full charge notification toggle
      • usb connect sound toggle
    • Various build.prop tweaks
    • Black and white theme
    • More to come...
    Added Apps

• Titanium BackUp
    • RomCustomizer
    Please Wipe Data/Factory reset and Wipe Cache. *Once the slate is clean, flash in recovery.
    If you don't wipe...we don't know where you started and will be unable to help you with your issues.

Thanks to Appdroid for the video review
    http://youtu.be/zzr4fVjIqE0

KNOWN ISSUES
    ...home button does not return home from app drawer / known side effect of a fix...just hit back
    ...when locked in landscape, lockscreen layout can become jumbled / fix: freeze rotation or make sure you lock in portrait

Download NoVeIIa Dos
    MD5 Checksum
    52d2e865e2bc35d78e72728b82464711

Credits

• The AllianceRom Family - I appreciate the support you give. Whether it be answering a question, helping with an issue, or simply making me laugh, you are all family to me and make this little hobby a little more than just another hobby.
    • Goldieking - (lockscreen and ui mods) without you...this would be just "another rom". You pioneering spirit amazes me and you willingness to help is never ending. Thanks for working with an old fart like me...and thanks for not just handing it over, but making me learn in the process. *salute*
    • Ben and Sparky - my international Note2 contemporaries....it's been fun working with you guys, bouncing ideas back and forth, trading fixes, and simultaneously shaking our heads. Can't wait for another something new to work on together.
    • Ficeto - your work on the RomCustomizer and OTA is amazing. Thanks for letting me be a part of it.
    • LegendK95 - work on the color ink picker and general barrier breaking *salute*
    • Lidroid/Wanam - the creation/porting of the 23 toggle mod
    • Oleg Dou for his awesome art...we love you Rhonda!
    • The dev community here on XDA...on the shoulders of giants
    • Anyone else I have forgotten...let me know if I have missed you.

.............................​
    Thanks to these users for their generous donations...ctruong17, uwannabananababy, ViciousMo
    Changelog
    • changed some stuff
    • added some stuff
    • fixed some stuff
    THEMES
    Themes found in the OTA
    novellaaospshowcase.png

WALLPAPERS
    novella%20_default_wallpaper.jpg
    discussed numerous times..search the thread before asking

Hey homeslice. In your threads, feel free to drop your thoughts on thread etiquette all you please. In my thread, please do one off two things if someone asks a question...answer it or don't post. It's really that simple. If you want to expound on your search skills or verbally lash a user for lack of theirs...please do so via pm. There is no need for anyone to feel inadequate here.

Re: [ROM]

Suede Theme

This is the latest Suede theme for Novella Dos. Please make sure you're on the April version of the ROM before flashing this theme. You can update via the OTA. I've also included a revert zip. Only use this revert if you are on this version of Suede in this post or have flashed the theme from the OTA.

If you would like to color the clock, toggles and battery, go to Custom Settings and use color code #ff3693b5.

SuedeBanner.png

Suede

Revert
    Morning all.

Just wanted to let you know I am taking a little hiatus. Real life calls. How long...not sure. Froid, Bigfau, and Chris will still be around working on mods and answering questions.

It's just me taking a step back so I can focus on what is important.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747