A Noob's start to port viper rom (waiting for permission)

Search This thread

-DarkKnight-

Mar 14, 2011
Gotham
Reactions: ayazm.140895

ayazm.140895

Sep 15, 2011
Bangalore
Developer is offline and sold his device. Rom is unstable most probably I can't port it due to permission issues.

Sent from my LG-P500 eating tastiest gingerbread ever! :D

ayazm.140895

Sep 15, 2011
Bangalore
All permissions are granted by various developers. I'll start porting a simple sense rom to our device, which will be stable I guess cuz the rom is based on stock rom of HTC

Sent from my LG-P500, eating tastiest gingerbread ever!!! :D

cupliz

Apr 19, 2011
Peace
All permissions are granted by various developers. I'll start porting a simple sense rom to our device, which will be stable I guess cuz the rom is based on stock rom of HTC

Hope you will success with your project, i have seen a older post about fail porting sens rom on p500, and thats about;
1. Our rom partitions is to small, need to clean unused file.
2. Need to find base rom from a device that have hardware like p500, and its hard, same processor, gpu.

Gbu mate, maybe this link will help ya

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1490351

Sorry for my bad english

Sent from my PG86100

Last edited:
Reactions: ayazm.140895

ayazm.140895

Sep 15, 2011
Bangalore
Hope you will success with your project, i have seen a older post about fail porting sens rom on p500, and thats about;
1. Our rom partitions is to small, need to clean unused file.
2. Need to find base rom from a device that have hardware like p500, and its hard, same processor, gpu.

Gbu mate, maybe this link will help ya

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1490351

Sorry for my bad english

Sent from my PG86100

My life is upside down for a while now, i need some time to get hold of it! And i'm learning to build roms too! I have allot to learn! But i'll try as fast as i can build a rom!

Sent from my LG-P500 using xda app-developers app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Choose the device from which porting roms to our device is easier. I'm thinking, preparing ( or trying) to port famous viper rom by team venom to our device! I'm a beginner, I'm not sure if I can do it or not.
    One S
    One X
    One XL
    Evo 4G LTE
    Incredible 4G LTE
    Evo 3D CDMA
    Evo 3D GSM
    Rezound
    Sensation
    Desire HD
    Desire S
    Desire Z/G2
    Incredible 2
    Incredible S
    MyTouch 4G
    Amaze 4G

Sent from my LG P500 eating tastiest gingerbread ever! :D
    All set to start the work, but waiting for permission ( I have sent a msg to them! ) refer this http://venomroms.com/forums/content.php?149-Requesting-New-Device-Support-Porting-Permission

Ok, looked at rom its 464mb. As it is a hdpi device. I have to resize everything I guess! I have to look for tutorials to resize as I'm a noob. I have been through many porting guides and I'm learning java too! I have two entrance coming in end of this month till starting of next month! So, you guys must be patient! Venom team doesn't allow porting of roms directly, you have approach them and submit your build with no bugs or least bugs, then they will approve your build and you will be official maintainer for that particular device! Those who can help me please post here or pm me! Please DON'T thank me cuz I'm not sure I can do it! So, just wait and if you can help me!

This sounds great, but is this to say that you are trying to port a Sense ROM to our device? Maybe this will help:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1707177