Newman N1

Search This thread

kkricardokaka95

Oct 11, 2011
Mumbai
Guys, what can you tell me about the Newman N1? I googled it and I found out that Newman is a Chinese company. It has really high specs(higher than my Nexus S :crying: ) . My friend recently bought it, so I thought I'd post here to find out more. I am worried because similar phones with similar specs (Atrix 2 specifically) are almost at double the price. Is the company reliable? Is it worth the money he spent??

Reactions: anooj

adibadro

Mar 10, 2012
The Hague / Den Haag
IMG_20130430_142059.jpg

IMG_20130430_142127_1.jpg

IMG_20130430_142316_1.jpg

so these are the pics (sorry for the delay), you can see how it unglued in the 2nd one and the type of tape used (in the 1st one in case you want/need to replace it - though i highly doubt it'll need replacing)
the 3rd pic is what you might get when you unglue the motherboard... don't worry, the metal cover clips on/off easily

hope this helps out

Last edited:
Reactions: Oleg Petrovich

Carterkreg

Nov 6, 2012

so these are the pics (sorry for the delay), you can see how it unglued in the 2nd one and the type of tape used (in the 1st one in case you want/need to replace it - though i highly doubt it'll need replacing)
the 3rd pic is what you might get when you unglue the motherboard... don't worry, the metal cover clips on/off easily

hope this helps out[/QUOTE]

Thanks a lot! It really helped me to get mobo away safely.

But ... can you share how you get under digitizer? it looks to me like screen cant be put out from behind ...

Last edited:

Doc8er

May 3, 2013
Thanks to being new, I can't ask a question in the other Newman JB thread so posting a few things here and there until I can.

I've read most of the posts and it has helped a lot, grateful to have a good phone that's now even better with a nice custom ROM.

JB looks even faster but having a 2.5Gb and a 16Mb phone storage means it's unusable.

raby500

Sep 21, 2012
com.android.phone has crashed (always)

hi i have a big problem after flashing JDSTAR version of LEWAOS,
i flashed the rom and then flashed the patch and i keep getting "com.android.phone has crashed" and i can't do anything (other than pressing okay on that message and okay on the next message)

please help

raby500

Sep 21, 2012
No problem with the new version

unfortunately there is a problem

the one i mentioned earlier ,but i solved it by changing the rom language
and another problem is that gapps crash but not so often at all

anyway this lewaOs rom is fast and i am happy with it until now (have not tested the battery yet)

and for those who use lingfude rom
how many hours does the battery last (under normal light use) ?

Visbek

May 4, 2013
back camera spare part

Dear all,

I have some hardware problems with my back camera.

Did anyone has an purchase source to get a replacement camera (spare part).

I found nothing during my search through the web.

Thanks in advance for your Support.

Visbek

roontje

May 6, 2013
stuck with ROM

I've flashed the LewaOs 13.05.04 New version on my N1 but it's a nightmare. I wanted to go back to ICS but now I haven't even got the (chinese) recovery!!! When I press volume+ and power it starts as usual. I'm stuck with this ROM and have no idea how to change this. Can anybody help me...

Thanx in advance

Abhkamath

Sep 22, 2012
Mumbai
I've flashed the LewaOs 13.05.04 New version on my N1 but it's a nightmare. I wanted to go back to ICS but now I haven't even got the (chinese) recovery!!! When I press volume+ and power it starts as usual. I'm stuck with this ROM and have no idea how to change this. Can anybody help me...

Thanx in advance

Had the same problem. You will have to flash recovery using Sp Flash Tool again.

Reactions: roontje

roontje

May 6, 2013
Had the same problem. You will have to flash recovery using Sp Flash Tool again.

thanx for the advice, that's what I needed. I've a fully working Newman again.
:good:

Another question:
I'm using Newman N1 with their official Rom 4.1.1 tweaked by "lingfude". But my sd card isn't recognized. How can I fix this, so I can move my apps to the card?

Last edited:

strofakias

Jan 8, 2013
i"m waiting to came my phone in few days but as i read in here it has problem with thw sd card?how can i meke it instal everything in the external memory card?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Newman N1 JB 4.1.1 ROM

Hi everyone,

I'm working on official JB for Newman N1.

This is what I made until now:
    • Added latest version of Google apps
    • Added Reboot and Reboot to Recovery options to power menu
    • Added battery percentage (in steps of 1%)
    • Added init.d support with build.prop switch (sys.initd=on)
    • Updated Timezone data
    • Root & Busybox
    • Green Led only when battery is at 100%
    • CID fix (caller ID bug) - Thanks to bgcngm
    • Fixed Settings>Date and Time crash

Working on:
    • Led not working for notifications
    • Compass orientation is upside down

Newman N1 JB 4.1.1
    My new thread for download Newman N1 ROMs.
    The green light is steady to notify and the gps works like a charm!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app

Don't forget to hit the "Thanks" button. ;)
    This is ported from ZTE V970 http://pan.baidu.com/share/link?shareid=295370&uk=640953152
    and nicer is from Amoi http://pan.baidu.com/share/link?shareid=295310&uk=640953152

Both are multilanguage and in both camera doesn't work
    Kernel is 3.4.0 and off course, we can still back to ICS :)
    Newman N1 kernel source

:victory:Good news:victory:

I successfully compiled a kernel (JB 3.4.0) for Newman N1.
    The only problem I found until now is that Cam app don't start but in Mobileuncle Tools the Cam works fine.
    Now I will try fix the Cam app problem and compass problem. :fingers-crossed:

P.S. If anyone want help please PM me.

Unfortunately I made a mistake ... I flash the stock kernel instead of my compiled kernel. :angel:SORRY:angel:

I can compile a 3.4.0 kernel and boot with it but the touchpanel works bad and I can't get the touch keys to work.
    The problem is the touchpanel driver (GT818B).
    I've tested several variants of the driver but none work right.

Any help with this?
    Did that and now I have: 1.97 GB of internal memory+14.91GB of phone storage+566MBof sd car . I just cant find a solution for 2,5GB of internal

Here you go, also from our russian friends:

Bigger internal storage by eliminating internal SD storage.

1. Download NewmanN1_intSD_2_Data.zip en N1dc_No_SD_Patch.zip en put these on your SDcard
    2. Open CWM recovery, create a CWM backup of your system.
    3. Install patch NewmanN1_intSD_2_Data.zip.
    4. Reboot CWM (Reboot Recovery)
    5. In CWM go to "mounts and storage" format /cache, / data, / system
    6. Restore your back-up.
    7. Install patch N1dc_No_SD_Patch.zip.
    8. Reboot Phone.