[ROM][GT-I9100][JB][4.2.2] CyanogenMod 10.1 official nightlies // discussion thread

Search This thread

chaotic87

Nov 12, 2011
Did you try Chameleon ROM 3.01? You should give it a try ;)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

maybe i will, i just don't like the stock apps they added there...

one problem i have just noticed after flashing the latest nightly, my cpu is stuck on 1200mhz 90% of time...
at first i felt the device is getting really hot and tried different kernels, no thing worked, flashed back the version from 7th and still the cpu is stuck on 1200mhz ...

i did a backup(to the version from the7th) before flashing...restored but doesn't seem to help...still on 1200mhz

any ideas? (other than full wipe)

Last edited:

spule

May 2, 2013
Try removing Your SD card.

one problem i have just noticed after flashing the latest nightly, my cpu is stuck on 1200hz 90% of time...
at first i felt the device is getting really hot and tried different kernels, no thing worked, flashed back the version from 7th and still the cpu is stuck on 1200hz ...

i did a backup(to the version from the7th) before flashing...restored but doesn't seem to help...still on 1200

twped

Jan 12, 2013

one problem i have just noticed after flashing the latest nightly, my cpu is stuck on 1200hz 90% of time...
at first i felt the device is getting really hot and tried different kernels, no thing worked, flashed back the version from 7th and still the cpu is stuck on 1200hz ...

i did a backup(to the version from the7th) before flashing...restored but doesn't seem to help...still on 1200

Had the same problem and reverted to 0105 and things went back to normal.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda app-developers app

dreamer1212

Aug 6, 2007
Tried the cm10.1 nightly build last night, I flash it from my stock rom 4.1.2, everything seemed fine, I can get the FM radio working by installing Spirit FM radio, but the call recorder didn't work. Just give it a try, recovered back to 4.1.2 after an hour testing, just can't live without call recorder.:(

Thanks the CM team, I will change to CM when the stable mod is available.

ph3n0mII

Jun 17, 2012
Tried the cm10.1 nightly build last night, I flash it from my stock rom 4.1.2, everything seemed fine, I can get the FM radio working by installing Spirit FM radio, but the call recorder didn't work. Just give it a try, recovered back to 4.1.2 after an hour testing, just can't live without call recorder.:(

Thanks the CM team, I will change to CM when the stable mod is available.

There will most likely never be an 'officially stable' cm10.1 for the i9100 (amongst others), though its fairly close to being as good as it gets anyway.

I've tested heaps of call recording apps from the play store in the past 2 months.

I havent been able to get any call recording apps to work using 'line' on stock 4.1.2, cm10.1, or other jellybean roms, but most of the ones that use mic as the source work (with inherently crappy quality), and most of them seem near identical besides a few features and interface differences, as if they all used the same app template or something.

My current fav is https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.appstar.callrecorderpro

I bet most call recording apps will work as they used to when the cm10.1 stock voice recording app also works. :cowboy:

Thanks heaps again devs, this rom just keeps getting sweeter :)

chaotic87

Nov 12, 2011
Try removing Your SD card.

thanks, but it didn't help.

Had the same problem and reverted to 0105 and things went back to normal.

tried flashing several versions of latest nightlies, still the same problem(even with stock kernel).

i'l guess i will do a full wipe then...

update:
nothing seems to solve the problem, even after full wipe and staying on stock kernel the phone gets hot and cpu is stuck on1200mhz, cleared the init.d and nothing helps. only when i change the governor to power saver it is stuck on 200mhz other governors just stuck on 1200mhz...please help me!

thanks in advance!

Last edited:

deepongi

Recognized Developer
Jul 12, 2008
Portugal
OnePlus 9
Samsung Galaxy Watch 5
well seems no nightly being build for today on jenkins. I'm compiling 11/05 nightly with all all the commits merged until 02:18AM. I'll upload has soon it finishes compiling.

Regards,

infected_

EDIT:

For those who can't live without their "daily-nightly" (like me :)), heres download link for i9100 CM 10.1 11/05, compiled without any kind of error, and tested by me on my device, after a backup apps+data and a full wipe:

cm-10.1-20130511-UNOFFICIAL-i9100.zip

Last edited:

SimboXXX

Jun 7, 2010

tried flashing several versions of latest nightlies, still the same problem(even with stock kernel).

update:
nothing seems to solve the problem, even after full wipe and staying on stock kernel the phone gets hot and cpu is stuck on1200mhz, cleared the init.d and nothing helps. only when i change the governor to power saver it is stuck on 200mhz other governors just stuck on 1200mhz...please help me!

thanks in advance!

How long did you test it after flashing? You realise that after a full wipe and flash the media scanner will be running for several minutes (depends how many files you have) and the phone will get hot and max out CPU. If you have done a clean flash, not installed any apps, checked Google Now is off, checked media scanner is not running, and you STILL have max CPU, then you have a problem.

tmrasdf

Dec 22, 2012
Ulaanbaatar

update:

thanks in advance!

install rescan media root from playstore.then use it to disable and renable the media scanner.this worked for me.

Reactions: chaotic87

FredC94

May 20, 2012
Paris
www.mapom.fr
I have solved the tethering problem in this post.
You can also find more deep info in this post and in this post

Is it possible to insert, in some way, this solution into the official cm releases?

At the moment I use the app Smanager in order to execute the script when I need tethering.

I finally managed to make the wifi tethering working thankfully to this app -> https://code.google.com/p/android-wifi-tether/issues/detail?id=1661#c109

Thank you again for ur help :good:

chaotic87

Nov 12, 2011
install rescan media root from playstore.then use it to disable and renable the media scanner.this worked for me.

Thanks, it seems to solve my problem!
Weird it started suddenly didn't have it before...

Now running nightly from 10th and siyah v6 as spule has...seems ok after disabling the media scan.

Reactions: Vahooli

juandaco

Mar 28, 2013
I had a wifi overheating issue with lastest nightly (0510). Only happened one time but it was dangerously hot. Does anybody knows anything about it? or maybe is hardware related.

erniem

Jul 27, 2011
My wife is getting horrible Bluetooth audio on phone calls. Always hard to hear her. Sounds distant. Even on the regular phone earpiece itself. Tried the usual suspects, noise suppression, modems, kernals, etc.

Any advice to share?

Thx

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app

Never upgrade the phone again... :D:D

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 4.2 (JB), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
    #include 
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     * Submitting bug reports on nightly builds is the leading 
     * cause of male impotence.
     */

CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

IMPORTANT INFORMATIONS

We'll not support users and answer questions from users which:
    - are running a custom kernel
    - have flashed mods
    - modified system files
    - didn't follow our intructions word by word
    - are unfriendly

Even if you tell us that your problem is not related to your custom kernel /mod / magic => WE DON'T CARE!
    Your mod => your problem!

Official CyanogenMod Wiki: http://wiki.cyanogenmod.org/w/I9100_Info

First time installing CyanogenMod 10.1 to your Galaxy S II, or coming from another ROM:
    - Copy GApps and CM10.1 ZIPs to your internal SDCard
    - Make sure you're NOT RUNNING A KERNEL WITH THE MMC-SUPERBRICK-BUG. If you're unsure, flash this ClockworkMod-Recovery using Odin/Heimdall.
    - Make sure you're running a proper working ClockworkMod-Recovery
    - Boot into Recovery
    - Flash CM10.1 zip from internal SDCard
    - Flash GApps zip from internal SDCard
    - DO A DATA WIPE / FACTORY RESET (otherwise your device will be stuck at boot)
    - Reboot
    - Don't restore system data using Titanium Backup!
    - Restoring Apps + Data might cause problems and is not recommended, avoid it if possible!

Upgrading from earlier version of CyanogenMod 10.1:
    - Copy CM10.1 ZIP to your internal SDCard
    - Boot into Recovery
    - Flash CM10.1 zip from internal SDCard
    - Reboot

Upgrading from CyanogenMod 10:
    - Copy GApps and CM10.1 ZIPs to your SDCard
    - Boot into Recovery
    - Flash CM10.1 zip from SDCard
    - Flash GApps zip from SDCard
    - Reboot
    - Wipe data of clock app
    - Reset everything under Settings -> Date & Time otherwise editing alarms might cause FCs

CM10.1 official nightly builds:
    http://www.get.cm/?device=i9100

Google Apps:
    http://goo.im/gapps

http://changelog.bbqdroid.org/#i9100/cm10.1/next

TEAMHACKSUNG SUPPORT CHAT
    Webchat: http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=teamhacksung-support

Server: chat.freenode.net
    Channel: #teamhacksung-support

If you're going to reuse our work, which we're doing for free, be fair and give proper credits.
    This is the only payment we're really demanding and we deserve it to be mentioned because of the countless hours we've put into this project.
    Open-Source doesn't meant Out-of-Respect!!!

hePRLl.png
    ViHvOl.png
    qdBPyl.png
    QuLybl.png

If you want to donate a few bucks for the work we're doing in our freetime:

Thanks to all donators!
    If nothing goes wrong you'll have the first official nightly build by tomorrow.
    This build comes with a new kernel which is based on our galaxy s3 / galaxy note 2 sourcetree.
    The wifi driver is ported over from galaxy s4 sources and should fix the tethering issues.

Please test it as hard as possible.
    cm-10.1-20130521-UNOFFICIAL-i9100.zip (152.51 MB) http://www.multiupload.nl/I0UIA2EHWQ

Sources:
    https://github.com/codeworkx/android_kernel_samsung_exynos4
    http://review.cyanogenmod.org/38146
    http://review.cyanogenmod.org/38147
    http://review.cyanogenmod.org/38148
    http://review.cyanogenmod.org/38149
    cm-10.1-20130223-UNOFFICIAL-i9100.zip - 151.00 MB

- keyboard glitches gone
    - daydream working properly
    - seems to be less laggy

DON'T USE CUSTOM KERNELS WITH THIS BUILD OR ONE OF THE NEXT NIGHTLIES!!!
    NEW BUILD! (sources synced at 02:15 am)

Whats new!
    Well for starters, the home screen has been spiced up with Trebuchet finally having some funky new transitioning effects :D Off the bat, you will notice this when you install the rom, its kinda like our leaked JellyBean effect :p But theres a whole lotta cool effects where that came from baby! :D Very cool, I like it! (Can be found in settings > launcher)

Secondly, my last build was built before the wifi-ap was incorporated as a tile, you can now turn wifi off and on from a tile (kinda pointless because you can do it from clicking on the wifi tile anyway, but still cool and useful in my opinion :cyclops:)

Thirdly (and this is cool) you can view your battery stat on the lock screen now (setting in display)

Changelog for this build:
    http://review.cyanogenmod.org/#/q/status:merged,n,z
    (Sources synced up until id-I6f7d03a1 for this build)

md5: ab16f19c621f835819b5b95c14e4c488

cm-10.1-20121216-UNOFFICIAL-i9100

Once again, ABSOLUTELY all credit goes to Codeworkx, Entropy and the CM Team, im just a pawn in building it. Guys please donate to them! Without them, this awesome rom would not be possible for this awesome device, and they do it for free! :eek:

Ps: This is a pure CM10.1 build, no mods or cherry picks, just pure CM10.1 official source synced and built