(Updated 05/06) 3Weeks on UK Unbranded & România still waiting for 253 firmware!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

BobKatz

Mar 9, 2012
From what I’ve read France, Germany & UK have not yet received the official update and I for one am not keen to touch another man’s blobs or any of his zips for flashing, yuck! So to cut the wheat from the chaff I thought I’d start a thread so we would have a single place to update each other on when it’s available, how we’ve got it etc.

Update 16/05/13 14:00GMT

France – Rolling out, multiple conformations, removed form title (you lucky so and sos!)
Germany – (T-Mobile & O2) rolled out via PCC, unbranded still no update (very weird!)
Denmark – have joined the list, welcome, and nothing for them
Romania – have joined the list, welcome, and nothing for them
UK – still nothing!

Update 16/05/13 16:00GMT
Norway – Rolling out, PCC, multiple conformations
Finland – Rolling out, PCC, multiple conformations

Update 17/05/13 08:30
Denmark – Rolling out
Germany – generic still nothing
Romania – No update
UK – 3 & Vodafone rolling out (YES THAT’S ME WOO HOO!) 02, EE, Unbrnaded – Nothing, sorry chaps!
Slovenia – Rolling out
Sweden – Rolling out
Switzerland - Have added, welcome, still nothing

Update 20/05/13 12:00GMT

Germany – Unbranded, nothing
UK – Unbranded, nothing
What the hecks going on!!

Update 22/05/13 09:00GMT
UK – Unbranded, nothing
Er! No change, sorry chaps!

Update 28/05/13 10:00GMT
Germany generic – Rolling out, fianlly
Switzerland - Rolling out
UK – Unbranded, still nothing!! This is just carzy!

Update 05/06/13 10:00GMT
UK – Unbranded, still waiting!!
România - Still waiting
You can only hope you jump a patch and go straight to 307

Last edited:

alias_neo

Jun 9, 2006
London
Cool

What I'd be more interested in knowing is whether or not _anyone_ has received it OTA, or all via PCC. Since OTA seems the only way to keep root at the moment.

BobKatz

Mar 9, 2012
What I'd be more interested in knowing is whether or not _anyone_ has received it OTA, or all via PCC. Since OTA seems the only way to keep root at the moment.

NL seems to have got theirs via PC Companion. Yes I've been looking to see if was available OTA. Has any country recieved it OTA?

alias_neo

Jun 9, 2006
London
NL seems to have got theirs via PC Companion. Yes I've been looking to see if was available OTA. Has any country recieved it OTA?

It wouldn't surprise me if Sony doesn't release it OTA for exactly the reason that we can preserve root this way. I aldo got the .434 via PCC, I imagine people got that OTA though.

BobKatz

Mar 9, 2012
It wouldn't surprise me if Sony doesn't release it OTA for exactly the reason that we can preserve root this way. I aldo got the .434 via PCC, I imagine people got that OTA though.

All my updates have been via PCC the only OTA updatres I've got have been for Sony app updates

noj78

Feb 22, 2011
Glasgow
I received the. 434 via OTA in the UK, But still no .253 yet.

Sent from my C6603 using XDA Premium HD app

BobKatz

Mar 9, 2012
Is there anyway of checking against the Sony servers to save us keep plugging phones in to PC Companion or checking OTA?

No, that's sort of why I started this thread. If as soon as someone gets the update they let us know I’ll change the title. So instead of keep checking your phone you can check for this thread instead.

But let face it I’m going to check my phone every half hour anyway!

Last time UK was about the last country to receive the update, so it might take a while.
ARSE!

GodShapedHole

May 15, 2013
Sony Bridge is downloading .253 for me right now.

German O2 C6603.

I suggest you fire up your PC Companions, Gentlemen.

TLLmeister

Oct 10, 2012
17:30 PM: Still no update - not via OTA, not in PCC, not via SUS, not via Bridge for MAC (Unbranded C6603, Germany, no root) ;)

GodShapedHole

May 15, 2013

Don't laugh, but: I'm not sure.

I certainly don't have any kind of hardware branding. At the same time, I do have a preinstalled O2 app and O2 bookmarks in my browser. If that counts as branded, yeah, it is.

Download is completed. 253 is quite enjoyable already - the black software buttons are really so much better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    From what I’ve read France, Germany & UK have not yet received the official update and I for one am not keen to touch another man’s blobs or any of his zips for flashing, yuck! So to cut the wheat from the chaff I thought I’d start a thread so we would have a single place to update each other on when it’s available, how we’ve got it etc.

Update 16/05/13 14:00GMT

France – Rolling out, multiple conformations, removed form title (you lucky so and sos!)
    Germany – (T-Mobile & O2) rolled out via PCC, unbranded still no update (very weird!)
    Denmark – have joined the list, welcome, and nothing for them
    Romania – have joined the list, welcome, and nothing for them
    UK – still nothing!

Update 16/05/13 16:00GMT
    Norway – Rolling out, PCC, multiple conformations
    Finland – Rolling out, PCC, multiple conformations

Update 17/05/13 08:30
    Denmark – Rolling out
    Germany – generic still nothing
    Romania – No update
    UK – 3 & Vodafone rolling out (YES THAT’S ME WOO HOO!) 02, EE, Unbrnaded – Nothing, sorry chaps!
    Slovenia – Rolling out
    Sweden – Rolling out
    Switzerland - Have added, welcome, still nothing

Update 20/05/13 12:00GMT

UK – Unbranded, nothing
    What the hecks going on!!

Update 22/05/13 09:00GMT
    UK – Unbranded, nothing
    Er! No change, sorry chaps!

Update 28/05/13 10:00GMT
    Germany generic – Rolling out, fianlly
    Switzerland - Rolling out
    UK – Unbranded, still nothing!! This is just carzy!

Update 05/06/13 10:00GMT
    UK – Unbranded, still waiting!!
    România - Still waiting
    You can only hope you jump a patch and go straight to 307
    I'm not impatient, just excited as it is looking to be a good update.

I didn't know we weren't able to get excited about stuff anymore, this thread was setup so we could track the rollout of this update and that is exactly what we are doing.

The UK page changed over the weekend to show the new update and we are keeping everyone in the loop. This thread has become a single place to talk about it, instead of having a spawn of multiple threads everytime someone asks the question.

Please keep off topic comments out of this thread. Thank you :)
    FYI.....

Unbranded/generic UK is up!!!!!

EDIT: sorry....... I'm a twit. :banghead:
    Why would any woman to to XDA? :p

That's a lil sexist is it not? :p

Asian women tend to be more into their technology if you didn't know. We are in 2013, girls play video games, football, you get women are who firefighters! There's no rule that xda should only apply to males. I just am one of the girls who try & educate myself into technology or anything that I am interested in, doesn't make me a man or anything. I still love shopping, clothes, chic flicks & cosey nights in!

Anyway, let's stay back on topic now :eek:
    Been off the board for while after updating the front page, just come back and I find this!

Please move windging about Sony and misunderstanding each other to somewhere else. The whole point of this thread was to track the update by people kindly coming on and telling us when, where and how they’re receiving it. No one’s going to bother if they have to go through pages and pages of this vitriol.

Be aware this is not too anyone in particular it’s just out there