Micromax Canvas HD GPS issue fixed

Search This thread

techpick

May 18, 2013
gadgetracker.blogspot.in
I never used GPS much as I was pretty happy with the Google's location service. But I have read a lot about people facing issues with GPS on Canvas HD and thought, Why not give it a try! So here is the solution

The issue first
1. I keep waiting and waiting, but it shows "Searching for GPS"
2. What do do now?

Here are the steps:
a. Go to settings
b. Under settings, go to Location access
c. Under location access, see if 'GPS sattelites' - The option is checked
d. Click on 'GPS Satellites'
e. You will see something like this
f. If 'GPS EPO assistance' is unchecked, Check it.
Screenshot_2013-05-22-14-39-32.png

g. Done! now give it a try

3. The end result..
Screenshot_2013-05-22-15-07-55.PNG

Canvas HD GPS working

Proof that GPS is working
Tests.JPG

Tests done using different apps

Hope this small tutorial helped you with solving the GPS issue. Please post in your valuable comments and let me know if I can help you further! Hit thanks if this helped :)

vermajai93

Jun 17, 2013
New Delhi
OnePlus 7
It Worked!!!

Hey man!! It worked!!! At first I got hopeless when it didn't work for me but somehow a couple of days ago I tried it again and it took a while but eventually got my location and since then its working great for me!!! I use it all the time and its just great.. Although I'm not sure how much data it uses to pin point my location if you could find out or tell me how much more data it uses when we turn a gps and GPS EPO on. Thanks bud cheers! :victory: :cowboy:

cmahendra

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jan 20, 2012
Mumbai
@techpick
I am on StarkHD 3.5. GPS was ok and was fixing fine at some extent. Sometimes slow. But after this setting, even I got bit fast gps lock. Even indoors some sattelites were seen, but not locked. It was not possible before. I get full lock near window now.

Thanks a lot pal.

PS: Lolz! You blocked your area in Google Map screenshot, but hey you forgot to block your co-ordinates and that reveals your exact location. :D he he

Reactions: techpick

techpick

May 18, 2013
gadgetracker.blogspot.in
@techpick
I am on StarkHD 3.5. GPS was ok and was fixing fine at some extent. Sometimes slow. But after this setting, even I got bit fast gps lock. Even indoors some sattelites were seen, but not locked. It was not possible before. I get full lock near window now.

Thanks a lot pal.

PS: Lolz! You blocked your area in Google Map screenshot, but hey you forgot to block your co-ordinates and that reveals your exact location. :D he he

Haha! True.... I am pretty bad with those co-ordinates aspects. So yea, I screwed up! :cyclops:Also was a bit too 'over excited' when I got this solved... Posted this in a hurry. End of the day, good to know it has helped most of you :). Cheers bud

resq4u

Jun 30, 2013
I'm on Naturewiz HD and facing problem with GPS. Used GPS Status tool. It did something, but still there was no GPS lock. After that I just went to my balcony (from where sky is visible) and got a GPS lock almost instantaneously.

vermajai93

Jun 17, 2013
New Delhi
OnePlus 7
a doubt

Don't know if I should even post it here.. but since we're talking about GPS and stuff.. I am currently using Google maps and I want to set my home location on of so I can instantly use it whenever I want. However, when I turn my GPS on and set my current location as home, it takes the address of that place and fill it out for me and when looking at that address on map its nowhere near my home :rolleyes: so I starred the exact location of my home on map but I don't know how to set it as home. Has anybody faced this issue? I have a feeling if I can get that starred location's latitude position I'll be able to set it as my home and it will be accurate.. am I wrong?
Please if anybody has faced this issue or knows a workaround that guide me. Thanks coz I really wanna use that feature as I travel a lot. :(

cmahendra

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jan 20, 2012
Mumbai
Don't know if I should even post it here.. but since we're talking about GPS and stuff.. I am currently using Google maps and I want to set my home location on of so I can instantly use it whenever I want. However, when I turn my GPS on and set my current location as home, it takes the address of that place and fill it out for me and when looking at that address on map its nowhere near my home :rolleyes: so I starred the exact location of my home on map but I don't know how to set it as home. Has anybody faced this issue? I have a feeling if I can get that starred location's latitude position I'll be able to set it as my home and it will be accurate.. am I wrong?
Please if anybody has faced this issue or knows a workaround that guide me. Thanks coz I really wanna use that feature as I travel a lot. :(
Yes, you are right, you should not post it here. Go in help and troubleshooting section. You problem is about location application and not gps fix. Help everyone to save their valuable time. :silly::D

Reactions: techpick

sreeraj702004

Oct 31, 2008
Works for cavas fun a74

Its works for my canvas fun a74. Locks in about 30-45 seconds. Checkout the screenshot

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-01-07-14-44-14.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-01-07-14-44-14.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 168
Last edited:

naren3108

Jun 6, 2007
i have tried all the things available on the net for gps but it still is not able to fix. it keeps on blinking on the navigation pane.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I never used GPS much as I was pretty happy with the Google's location service. But I have read a lot about people facing issues with GPS on Canvas HD and thought, Why not give it a try! So here is the solution

The issue first
    1. I keep waiting and waiting, but it shows "Searching for GPS"
    2. What do do now?

Here are the steps:
    a. Go to settings
    b. Under settings, go to Location access
    c. Under location access, see if 'GPS sattelites' - The option is checked
    d. Click on 'GPS Satellites'
    e. You will see something like this
    f. If 'GPS EPO assistance' is unchecked, Check it.
    Screenshot_2013-05-22-14-39-32.png

g. Done! now give it a try

3. The end result..
    Screenshot_2013-05-22-15-07-55.PNG

Canvas HD GPS working

Proof that GPS is working
    Tests.JPG

Tests done using different apps

Hope this small tutorial helped you with solving the GPS issue. Please post in your valuable comments and let me know if I can help you further! Hit thanks if this helped :)
    @techpick

Thanks a lot pal.

Yes, you are right, you should not post it here. Go in help and troubleshooting section. You problem is about location application and not gps fix. Help everyone to save their valuable time. :silly::D