RUU_PROTO_U_ICS_40A_hTC_Asia_HK_1.14.708.1

Search This thread

ckpv5

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Feb 11, 2008
Kuala Lumpur
Can someone confirm if it works for HTC_038 ( INDIA) ?
I don't download/test it but as per the RUU no. x.xx.708.x it is for Hong Kong only CID HTC__622 and the 1.14 means the hboot is 1.20

HTC__038 - you need 1.18.720.x (hboot 1.24)
HTC__044 - you need 1.18.707.x (hboot 1.24)

Last edited:

ckpv5

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Feb 11, 2008
Kuala Lumpur
Then why is the european ruu compatible with so many CIDs? i dont get it.

It's something that is controlled from the hboot which read the android-info.txt in each RUU/OTA

For EU they have a few CIDs in its android-info.txt and for India only HTC__038, Hong Kong only HTC__622 but for x.xx.707.x there are two HTC__044 and VODAP022

You can see this info in the build.prop too.

mindlesSheep

Sep 13, 2011
Prague
nice, I think ill go for supercid via riff tag and screw looking for some retarded branded stock rom/ruu

OT:
( Wouldn't mind a few THANKS :p )
why are people so obsessed with this (not meant offensively)? it does nothing and more importantly proves nothing, recognised developer/contributor/themer/howmuchmorearethere tag is way better, are thanks a way to get this tag? that would explain a lot.

BugsyLawson

Mar 22, 2012
Guys I found an RUU for Asia. ( Not sure if there's one already)

Couldn't test it as I don't have the device. Can somebody confirm its real?

Here is the Link

I just found the guy on XDA: Credits to him @BugsyLawson
I've PMd him. Waiting for his reply regarding the RUUs available.

Regards,
navmad

Hi navmad,

Thanks for your PM. I've had a look through my entire collection and emailed a few friends, but unfortunately I haven't been able to uncover the RUU that you were looking for. In the end I resorted to the old faithful method of Google to see if I'd missed anything, but instead of finding an RUU - I ended up landing here instead :)

As RUU's for this device seem so hard to come by, perhaps it might be an idea to ask around to see if anyone has a stock nandroid backup and recovery image your CID instead? Although I'm not active in the Desire X forum, I'd be happy to host any backups to ensure that people have easy access to the files. It was just a thought.

Sorry that I couldn't be more help.

Bugsy.

Reactions: Stereo8 and navmad

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Here is the Link

Regards,
    navmad
    Then why is the european ruu compatible with so many CIDs? i dont get it.

It's something that is controlled from the hboot which read the android-info.txt in each RUU/OTA

For EU they have a few CIDs in its android-info.txt and for India only HTC__038, Hong Kong only HTC__622 but for x.xx.707.x there are two HTC__044 and VODAP022

You can see this info in the build.prop too.

Here is the Link

Regards,
    navmad

Hi navmad,

Thanks for your PM. I've had a look through my entire collection and emailed a few friends, but unfortunately I haven't been able to uncover the RUU that you were looking for. In the end I resorted to the old faithful method of Google to see if I'd missed anything, but instead of finding an RUU - I ended up landing here instead :)

As RUU's for this device seem so hard to come by, perhaps it might be an idea to ask around to see if anyone has a stock nandroid backup and recovery image your CID instead? Although I'm not active in the Desire X forum, I'd be happy to host any backups to ensure that people have easy access to the files. It was just a thought.

Sorry that I couldn't be more help.

Bugsy.
    Link isn't working. :(

Sent from my HTC Desire X using XDA Premium HD app

Link's working for me :)

Regards,
    navmad