[MOD][ICS|JB|KK][Inverted|Normal] Multi DPI Play Store v5.0.32

Search This thread

SHAGGYY

Aug 19, 2012
Nashik
Do u receive Status 0 or Status 7 error in recovery while flashing?? Also does other flashable zips work??

status 0 error.

first i flashed zip for 4.1.2 and it didnt work.
then i flashed 4.2.2 and again get status 0 error.
i flashed 4.2.2 bcoz m on cm10.1 4.2.2 rom..galaxy mini (LDPI)

Sent from my GT-S5570 using xda premium

MyLifeRocks10

Mar 8, 2012
status 0 error.

first i flashed zip for 4.1.2 and it didnt work.
then i flashed 4.2.2 and again get status 0 error.
i flashed 4.2.2 bcoz m on cm10.1 4.2.2 rom..galaxy mini (LDPI)

Sent from my GT-S5570 using xda premium

Replace update-binary in the zip file with the one from ur Rom's(CM 10.1) zip file then flash it. update-binary file is located in META-INF/com/google/android folder.

MyLifeRocks10

Mar 8, 2012
"Inverted Multi DPI Play Store v4.1.6 for JB v4.2.2"

why this apk not black?

Use the one i quoted in post #1322.

Can not make an universal release and for gb?
Bye

Only Play Store can be universal, GoogleServicesFramework is different for different Android versions. Here's Multi DPI Play Store for GB, it contains old version of play store so replace Phonesky.apk with new version in the zip file and flash it.

Reactions: GEKTHEBOSS

Andreas75k

Oct 19, 2010
Stockholm
Thanks for this, works great. But I need to do it manually, any chance you could add support for the Preload partition on Samsung phones to your zips?

MyLifeRocks10

Mar 8, 2012
Thanks for this, works great. But I need to do it manually, any chance you could add support for the Preload partition on Samsung phones to your zips?

This mod is used by many people on no. of devices and almost all of them uses /system partition to install system apps. But /preload partition is present only on Samsung devices so to support /preload partition i have to create additional zips which i don't intend to do. So my suggestion is to delete play store and gsf from /preload and it's symlink from /system partition then flash the mod.After this it is easier to install updated versions.

egingell

Apr 10, 2012
blog.sophielabuf.com
This mod is used by many people on no. of devices and almost all of them uses /system partition to install system apps. But /preload partition is present only on Samsung devices so to support /preload partition i have to create additional zips which i don't intend to do. So my suggestion is to delete play store and gsf from /preload and it's symlink from /system partition then flash the mod.After this it is easier to install updated versions.

The script I posted will do just that - except that it drops the file(s) into /preload if necessary.

Edit: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=40800774

Sent from my E4GT.

Last edited:

BigPuck84

Feb 2, 2012
I seem to be having trouble with this. I'm running beanstalk 4.2.2 on my Samsung infuse 4G. I followed the steps in the OP but it always take me back to my original play store. I do like the inverted screen shots you have up, but the feature I care about the most is being able to run a DPI other than stock. If there's something I have missed or another step I need to do, please let me know. Thanks

Sent from my SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2

LuigiBull23

Jan 22, 2013
Holyoke
I seem to be having trouble with this. I'm running beanstalk 4.2.2 on my Samsung infuse 4G. I followed the steps in the OP but it always take me back to my original play store. I do like the inverted screen shots you have up, but the feature I care about the most is being able to run a DPI other than stock. If there's something I have missed or another step I need to do, please let me know. Thanks

Delete or back up the current Play Store using a root browser then proceed to following the OP's instructions again.

Reactions: BigPuck84

egingell

Apr 10, 2012
blog.sophielabuf.com

Delete /data/dalvik-cache/system@app@Phonesky.apk@classes.dex, /data/dalvik-cache/data@app@com.android.vending-#.apk@classes.dex (the "#" represents any integer greater than 0), /data/app/com.android.vending-#.apk, and /system/app/Phonesky.odex. If any of these don't exists, then you don't need to worry about deleting them, but make sure none of them exist.

Edit: Also delete /data/app/com.google.android.gsf-#.apk, /data/dalvik-cache/system@app@Vending.apk@classes.dex, /system/app/Vending.odex, /system/app/GoogleServicesFramework.odex, and /data/dalvik-cache/data@app@com.google.android.gsf-#.apk@classes.dex.

Last edited:

sparksco

Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 27, 2010
docs.google.com
Delete /data/dalvik-cache/system@app@Phonesky.apk@classes.dex, /data/dalvik-cache/data@app@com.android.vending.apk@classes.dex, /data/app/com.android.vending-#.apk (the "#" represents any integer greater than 0), and /system/app/Phonesky.odex. If any of these don't exists, then you don't need to worry about deleting them, but make sure none of them exist.

Besides the data stuff the zip already deletes any extra system stuff for phonesky

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

egingell

Apr 10, 2012
blog.sophielabuf.com
Besides the data stuff the zip already deletes any extra system stuff for phonesky

It deletes /system/app/Phonesky.apk, /system/app/Vending.apk (I forgot about the .odex for this one for my post), and /system/app/GoogleServicesFramework.apk (also forgot the .odex and update for this). Nothing else.

Last edited:

sparksco

Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 27, 2010
docs.google.com
It deletes /system/app/Phonesky.apk, /system/app/Vending.apk (I forgot about the .odex for this one for my post), and /system/app/GoogleServicesFramework.apk (also forgot the .odex and update for this). Nothing else.

Yip, just like I said it deletes everything in system for phonesky, that's why it seemed kind of redundant you were telling him to delete that lol.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi guys,:)
    I created this thread to share Inverted and Normal Play Store with Multi DPI patch.

Follow these steps if you have problems like certain apps not showing up in Play Store(e.g. Facebook,Beautiful Widgets) or shows incompatiblity error.

1. Flash Patched Play Services and Play Store zip files and reboot.
    2. In Settings->Apps->All, clear data of Play Store, Play Services and Google Services Framework then reboot.
    3. Open Play Store, if it gives error then clear data of Play Store and open Play Store again then hit accept.
    4. If ur apps doesn't show up under installed apps in play store after installing this fix then reboot once and u should see it afterwards.
    5. If above steps didn't fix ur issues then remove Google account, reboot and re-add ur Google Account.

Screenshots:
    Screenshot_2013-04-27-19-52-06.png
    Screenshot_2013-04-22-06-47-33.png
    Screenshot_2013-04-27-19-53-56.png

Credits:
    Rujelus22 for Inverted Play Store
    Tsjoklat for his Guide
    Kryten2k35 for Inverted Play Store

Download from 2nd post
    Downloads

If you have problems downloading from Dev Host then here is mirror link by egingell - Link

Patched Play Services v6.1.83:
    camera_test.png
    Multi DPI Patched Play Services v6.1.83 for ICS/JB - Download
    camera_test.png
    Multi DPI Patched Play Services v6.1.83 for KK - Download

Play Store v5.0.32:

camera_test.png
    White Multi DPI Play Store v5.0.32 for ICS - Download
    camera_test.png
    White Multi DPI Play Store v5.0.32 for JB v4.1.2 - Download
    camera_test.png
    White Multi DPI Play Store v5.0.32 for JB v4.2.2 - Download
    camera_test.png
    White Multi DPI Play Store v5.0.32 for JB v4.3+ - Download
    camera_test.png
    White Multi DPI Play Store v5.0.32 for KK - Download
    camera_test.png
    Inverted Multi DPI Play Store v5.0.32 for ICS - Download
    camera_test.png
    Inverted Multi DPI Play Store v5.0.32 for JB v4.1.2 - Download
    camera_test.png
    Inverted Multi DPI Play Store v5.0.32 for JB v4.2.2 - Download
    camera_test.png
    Inverted Multi DPI Play Store v5.0.32 for JB v4.3+ - Download
    camera_test.png
    Inverted Multi DPI Play Store v5.0.32 for KK - Download
    Play Store v5.0.31:

camera_test.png
    White Multi DPI Play Store v5.0.31 for ICS - Download
    camera_test.png
    White Multi DPI Play Store v5.0.31 for JB v4.1.2 - Download
    camera_test.png
    White Multi DPI Play Store v5.0.31 for JB v4.2.2 - Download
    camera_test.png
    White Multi DPI Play Store v5.0.31 for JB v4.3+ - Download
    camera_test.png
    White Multi DPI Play Store v5.0.31 for KK - Download
    Play Store v4.8.20:

camera_test.png
    White Multi DPI Play Store v4.8.20 for ICS - Download
    camera_test.png
    White Multi DPI Play Store v4.8.20 for JB v4.1.2 - Download
    camera_test.png
    White Multi DPI Play Store v4.8.20 for JB v4.2.2 - Download
    camera_test.png
    White Multi DPI Play Store v4.8.20 for JB v4.3+ - Download
    camera_test.png
    White Multi DPI Play Store v4.8.20 for KK - Download
    camera_test.png
    Inverted Multi DPI Play Store v4.8.20 for ICS - Download
    camera_test.png
    Inverted Multi DPI Play Store v4.8.20 for JB v4.1.2 - Download
    camera_test.png
    Inverted Multi DPI Play Store v4.8.20 for JB v4.2.2 - Download
    camera_test.png
    Inverted Multi DPI Play Store v4.8.20 for JB v4.3+ - Download
    camera_test.png
    Inverted Multi DPI Play Store v4.8.20 for KK - Download
    I'm still busy with my personal life problems so I haven't been that active on XDA for a while. Anyway I will see if I can update the mods by this week. Hope u guys will understand and please keep thread clean.

Cheers.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
    Added Inverted Multi DPI Play Store v4.8.19
    Update

Added Inverted Multi DPI Play Store v4.4.21