{S}[DEVELOPMENT] - CM10 - FreeXperia Project

Search This thread

someone755

Sep 27, 2011
Ljubljana
But the T had an Aplha release WITH sources! So they could start with CM10.1 and full CM10 support immediately!
Why are we being left behind, Sony!? D:

Also, no news on Sony's blog = no sources...

mirhl

Oct 15, 2012
But the T had an Aplha release WITH sources! So they could start with CM10.1 and full CM10 support immediately!
Why are we being left behind, Sony!? D:

Also, no news on Sony's blog = no sources...
calm down man
sony was just awesome with the T
but you don't need to despair for a day or 2 of delay
just camp here and relax yourself

i mean: jb has been released ten hours ago, and (for example) here in italy update service isn't showing it yet
for the next week i think they will probably make the announcement

Reactions: someone755

panel1

Jun 10, 2009
Bratislava
www.panel.sk
@FXP team: many thanks for your work, surely I will make donation. Without your CM10 it will be not possible to port latest MIUI for XS.

I have one question. Can somebody help to modify latest CM kernel to work with MIUI v5? Chinese developers are using 3.0.63-FXP+ kernel modified by Jaap in the past. I have sended PM to Jaap, but no response.

I have tried to flash latest CM10 kernel, but stuck on MIUI start screen.

Thank you very much.

tsukeyomi

Dec 29, 2011
Yes, sources are now out.

We should all take a moment to thank the amazing freexperia team that is doing so much work for our device(s), and that without getting a single dime out of it, as far as i know.

So thanks devs, even if there are people that don't respect your work and most of all the selfless efforts and time you put in these projects, you have to know that people that recognize and appreciate your works are here too.

Going to donate now, and everyone who really appreciate should do likewise. This is the least we can do for these great people who are voluntarily maintaining our devices. :highfive:

RaymanFX

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 8, 2011
Hannover
not much fun there, no ION support

i mean ION memory allocator, not Xperia ION
Sony stuck on PMEM which is gone in AOSP with 2.3 :/
on CM we port forwarded PMEM into 4 but we will never add it on 4.2
take your conclusion

Not sure what you are talking about here?
I talked to K900 ages ago, that was when the first people were sent Sony JB images for testing (along with the new 3.4 kernel), that must have been in january or so.
The kernel then clearly used ION mem alloc, everything else would be plain stupid, I mean, pmem alloc in a 3.4 kernel?
From what I can see now, the 3.4 kernel source released by Sony clearly uses ION allocation for fuji (nozomi, nozomi2, hikari, aoba) boards.
Look here (nozomi defconfig dump): http://paste.ee/p/MRoyU
--- I see no PMEM, do you?
And even if you'll come up with some problems I don't see right now (which I doubt though), we can just forward port the necessary bits of work we did to get 4.2.2 running, taking parts of my modified 3.0.X kernel which basically implements mako vidc/ion drivers.
I am right now working on integrating the fuji-boards into the existing msm8x60 kernel over at CyanogenMod :).

Try to hit me up at raymanfx@gmail.com so we don't have to clobber this thread.

Kali-

Inactive Recognized Developer
Apr 11, 2010
Roma
if the information i got are wrong, this change the thing

time to look into blob, which are the real issue

probably should be better start over sony kernel and merge stuff into it

ultimo1337

Feb 20, 2010
Arnhem
I've stumbled upon a couple of small problems.

- System UI crashing about 3 times a day
- Battery life isn't that great
- When i want to send a picture in Whatsapp, it doesn't show preview when i just made one. (CM showed them just fine with my Desire HD, Wildfire and Jiayu G3) and im not using a weird gallery app. (Quickpic and native gallery)
- Whenever i connect a usb cable with power going through it (charging or sending data) the touch screen doesn't respond correctly. (Weird long holding letters etc, false touches etc)

Anyone in here that recognizes the problems/bugs and have some possible solutions or sources?

Thx in advance!

mcluvin1065

Dec 23, 2011
Just flashed this on my galaxy s3! Thanks to the dev for this!

Sent from my rooted, suited, and booted s3, living the dual core life, know dat.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CyanogenMod is a free, community built distribution of Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean) which greatly extends the capabilities of your phone.

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */
    Screenshot_2012-07-22-16-41-32.jpgScreenshot_2012-07-22-16-41-37.jpgScreenshot_2012-07-22-16-42-08.jpg
    HOWTO

Install instructions:
    first time
    - power off the phone:
    - hold vol+ and plug usb to boot into fastboot (blu led)
    - fastboot flash boot boot.img (from cm10 zip)
    - fastboot reboot
    - enter recovery, on boot led will be violet for 3'', during this period press vol+
    - flash rom zip
    - flash gapps zip
    - wipe
    - reboot

for update just flash rom zip from recovery
    Google Apps are not included in this ROM. You'll need to find those yourself if you want them.

ENJOY AN UNOFFICIAL CM10 RELEASE BROUGHT TO YOU BY FreeXperia Team

PLEASE DONT MIRROR OUR ROMS

DOWNLOAD
    http://unrestrict.li/FXP
    thanks to all who made this possible supporting us
    contributing with code, donations or even trusting us
    thanks to SONY that made all this possible !
    I took a look at the sim problem, here is a kernel that fixes the issue. Just flash it after installing FXP 233.

The issue is ueventd.semc.rc missing this:

Code:
    /dev/pmem_tzcom           0660   system     audio
    for 12MP camera try this one

unzip
    adb remount
    adb push Gallery2.apk /system/app