[OFFICIAL] [THEME] [WIDGET] Zooper Widget Screens and Themes

Search This thread

giank30

Dec 22, 2010
Hi, I'm trying to make a template for a calendar widget.
I need to place a coloured sign before the calendar item, according to the calendar color.

I put [c=#C0COLOR#]*[/c] in front of the item string, but I cant get the asterisc coloured, I only get the string [c=#fffbe983]*[/c]...

Thanks for helping

EDIT:

found it... gotta use rich text ;)

Last edited:

johnuopini

Dec 23, 2009
How can I write a code for the wifi progress bar to show the wifi signal when wifi is selected and 3g signal strength when wifi is off? Here is the screen shot.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda app-developers app

You need to use conditionals inside the progress bar vurrent/max values (since wifi is 0 to 9 and cell 0 to 32), so:
min -> 0
cur -> $#NWIFI#!=?#NWSIG#:#NCSIG#$
max -> $#NWIFI#!=?9:32$

If you want to have everything 0 to 10 you can use math, so:
min -> 0
cur -> $#NWIFI#!=?#NWSIG#:(int(10/32*#NCSIG#/))$
max -> 9

Hope this helps :)

Reactions: danielnorkin

johnuopini

Dec 23, 2009
I'm having issues getting widgets to stick. I am using apex launcher pro and zooper pro. I went to the zooper website and downloaded some pre-made widgets and moved them into the right folder. When I select the pre made widget from the "SD" section....the widget doesn't show up on my home screen. I also can't get the widget to stick to my home screen even if I select the pre made widgets that come with the app. Don't know what to do? Any suggestions?

I do not understand the issue, what you mean with "stick"? Are you sure you are not using a full screen widget? Please try to:
- Uninstall / reinstall
- Add a 4x2 or 5x2 widget and load some template
- See if it works

Also please check that no task killers or things like that are in use.

Reactions: danielnorkin

B3311

Feb 16, 2011
Gelderd End, 1974
Hi all

New to Zooper, great app.

However I can't get my weather icon sets I've downloaded from here to load - only the stock ones display. They worked fine yesterday. They are in sdcard/iconsets as per instructions. Tried uninstalling and reinstalling Zooper, deleting and reinstalling the icon sets, but no go.

Thanks for any help.

danielnorkin

Nov 26, 2012
www.shpnj.com
I do not understand the issue, what you mean with "stick"? Are you sure you are not using a full screen widget? Please try to:
- Uninstall / reinstall
- Add a 4x2 or 5x2 widget and load some template
- See if it works

Also please check that no task killers or things like that are in use.

i updated the app. 2.28 had a known issue...some website i found had an updated to the original 2.28.

---------- Post added at 09:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:38 AM ----------

You need to use conditionals inside the progress bar vurrent/max values (since wifi is 0 to 9 and cell 0 to 32), so:
min -> 0
cur -> $#NWIFI#!=?#NWSIG#:#NCSIG#$
max -> $#NWIFI#!=?9:32$

If you want to have everything 0 to 10 you can use math, so:
min -> 0
cur -> $#NWIFI#!=?#NWSIG#:(int(10/32*#NCSIG#/))$
max -> 9

Hope this helps :)

your the man...thanks!!

Odraci

Feb 29, 2012
Chennai
OnePlus 3T
Moto G6
Hi guys!

This is my first contribution to this thread although I have been following it for a while now. This is one amazing app. I used it to adapt Thand's Dark Holo Cards screen from mycolorscreens. Managed to replace minimalist text, circle battery widget, and UCCW with this one super app.

Other apps used:

Nova
Eye in sky
Simple RSS widget
Simple text icons
Animated photo frame
Multi live wallpaper
Power widgets

I hope I have not forgotten anything!

Have fun! How to is here - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tase7wn6ibo&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Big thanks to Brian Than and my color screens for the lovely theme.

Sent from my GT-i9100 using xda app-developers app

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1370072721321.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1370072721321.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 4,234
  • uploadfromtaptalk1370072748574.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1370072748574.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 4,014
  • uploadfromtaptalk1370072767876.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1370072767876.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 3,917
  • uploadfromtaptalk1370072782276.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1370072782276.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 3,751
  • uploadfromtaptalk1370072794165.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1370072794165.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 3,894
Last edited:

johnuopini

Dec 23, 2009
Hi guys!

This is my first contribution to this thread although I have been following it for a while now. This is one amazing app. I used it to adapt Thand's Dark Holo Cards screen from mycolorscreens. Managed to replace minimalist text, circle battery widget, and UCCW with this one super app.

Other apps used:

Nova
Eye in sky
Simple RSS widget
Simple text icons
Animated photo frame
Multi live wallpaper
Power widgets

Have fun! How to is here - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tase7wn6ibo&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Cool stuff!!!! I'm gonna add RSS parsing as well soon so stay tuned to remove another widget from the list :)

paps79

Jul 4, 2011
Hi guys!

Other apps used:

Nova
Eye in sky
Simple RSS widget
Simple text icons
Animated photo frame
Multi live wallpaper
Power widgets

Coincidence!

I've been doing the same, (with a different background and dock) trying to replace as much widgets with zooper (awesome!).

I must say Zooper is a lot sharper, updates instantly, user friendly, intuitive, battery friendly and not buggy as some of the other apps I've used before (mainly minimalistic text). Simply awesome.

So far I've managed to replace:

Minimalistic Text
Desktop VisualizeR
Circle Battery Widget
Eye in Sky/Fancy widgets
Simple Text (never used it)

Still using:

Power Toggles
Simple RSS Widget

However, I have a few issues with the circle battery I created.

1. As you can see in the screenshot, there are two vertical lines in the middle, any way to get rid of them? I used a rectangle with 360 curving to create it.

2. Also, I would like to know if it's possible to create different colors for the progress bar around the circle, for the following conditions:

Below 15%
Discharging
Charging
Fully Charged

3. Finally, can I change the progress bar discharge to clockwise?

I haven't gotten into conditional variables and advanced parameters yet, (only been playing for a few days) so an example on how to create the above would be really helpful, or at least a confirmation that it is possible before I dive in.

Thank you.

I've attached the zooper files and iconsets, I hope everything is correct.

Credits to:

Brian "Thand" Roberts for the Holo Cards setup.
Byron Cotuc for the background and inspiration for the Climacons widget.
Jeppe Foldager (Black Bear Blanc) for the colored Climacons.
Adam Whitcroft for the Climacons design.
Jory Raphael for the Symbolicons.

Edit: see post for update: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=42635039&postcount=136

Attachments

• Screenshots_2013-06-04-15-47-22.jpg
    Screenshots_2013-06-04-15-47-22.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 4,477
  • Screenshots_2013-06-04-15-47-30.jpg
    Screenshots_2013-06-04-15-47-30.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 4,050
  • Screenshots_2013-06-04-15-47-14.jpg
    Screenshots_2013-06-04-15-47-14.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 3,919
  • Screenshots_2013-06-04-15-47-06.jpg
    Screenshots_2013-06-04-15-47-06.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 3,721
  • Screenshots_2013-06-04-15-47-38.jpg
    Screenshots_2013-06-04-15-47-38.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 3,472
Last edited:
D

Deleted member 308374

I downloaded your modified theme and modified it's layout a bit to fit my screen and custom dpi. Needless to say that hold cards is awesome but your implementation using zooper is even better!!! Much less wake locks and issues, and easy to customise as well! Thank you very much mate!!!

To the dev: i have two little issues. 1: when I receive a WhatsApp message while using zooper configuration, it closes (but it retains the last modifications made) I know it's a tiny issue but sometimes it's frustrating. 2: when configuring a single widget, "back" soft key closes zooper configuration app and leaves me back to my app drawer. This makes batch modifications a lot more time consuming. I think that the back key should bring me to the "top" menu and not close it fully!
Just my 2 cents!
Keep up the good work!!

Galaxy Note II - Alliance Rom

paps79

Jul 4, 2011
I downloaded your modified theme and modified it's layout a bit to fit my screen and custom dpi. Needless to say that hold cards is awesome but your implementation using zooper is even better!!! Much less wake locks and issues, and easy to customise as well! Thank you very much mate!!!

I'm glad you like it, although I still need to make some adjustments to the circle battery and weather widget, I will re-post when it's finished.

And yeah, zooper is great on the phone and amazingly versatile!

D

Deleted member 308374

Yup, i was just about to write you about the same thing, since I noticed a little glitch in the battery widget. Can't wait for a fixed version mate! Keep up the good work!!
I am looking for a way to improve the "main" screen but can't come up with anything good enough.. I hope this thread will bring much inspiration! ;)
Cheers to everyone!

paps79

Jul 4, 2011
Yup, i was just about to write you about the same thing, since I noticed a little glitch in the battery widget. Can't wait for a fixed version mate! Keep up the good work!!
I am looking for a way to improve the "main" screen but can't come up with anything good enough.. I hope this thread will bring much inspiration! ;)
Cheers to everyone!

The battery widget needs work, I'm going through the zooper forums trying to figure out the issues I've posted before and how to use conditional variables and advanced parameters.
Also, I wish to find a way for the weather forecast not to change to night icons after sunset.

I've contemplated many times changing the main screen and an idea I liked is this one from Byron Cotuc.

Nova Prime
Analog Stock Clock
Minimal UI Icon Pack
UCCW for Weather and Battery Percentage
SmallWhites3 by BBB (Opens Popup Widget)

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

paps79

Jul 4, 2011
However, I have a few issues with the circle battery I created.

1. As you can see in the screenshot, there are two vertical lines in the middle, any way to get rid of them? I used a rectangle with 360 curving to create it. SOLVED

2. Also, I would like to know if it's possible to create different colors for the progress bar around the circle, for the following conditions: SOLVED

Below 15% RED
Discharging ORANGE
Charging GREEN
Fully Charged BRIGHT GREEN

3. Finally, can I change the progress bar discharge to clockwise? UNRESOLVED (not as bothersome so I might just leave it as it is for now)

I've managed to resolve most issues I had with the circle battery.
See attachment.

Now, onto the weather forecast. Anyone knows how can I keep the icons from changing to night icons?

Hopefully, the solution will also take care of max/min temperatures not changing throughout the day (diplay the actual max/min temps), especially for "today's max/min temp" which basically evens out by midnight.

I'm thinking an edit of config.xml should do it, although I would prefer a solution through zooper conditions/parameters so as not to have a separate iconset just for the forecast.

Any thoughts?

Edit: see post for update: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=42635039&postcount=136

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Been lurking but haven't contributed in a while. Here is my port of the new LG Flex clock and weather widget.

Download https://copy.com/gmZWpMHwV1albUu

Layout B https://copy.com/Y0IAygHP178lya0

u4a6a7av.jpg
    Hi All,
    I just realized that there is no official thread on XDA where users can share ZW home screens, themes and ideas, so I'm creating one. If you do not know it yet, well, Zooper Widget is a minimal, classy, extremely customizable and battery friendly "do it yourself" Home Screen Widget with almost limitless possibilities.

More info
    HOMEPAGE: http://zooper.org/wp/android/zw
    MARKET (FREE): https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.zooper.zwfree
    MARKET (PRO): https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.zooper.zwpro
    ICONSETS: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2084070
    APK SUPPORT: http://goo.gl/mo0Gi
    G+GALLERY: http://goo.gl/239Bs

Main features
    WYSISYG Widget editor with unlimited Text, Series, Progress Bars, Iconsets, Bitmaps and Shapes. Every aspect is customizable, you can use tons of variables with any kind of data or modify them using conditionals, date calculations, math expressions, bb code like syntax, text filters and more (more info, examples and variable reference on the website).

Free/Pro
    Free version on the market is full featured, you can create the same layouts as the Pro, the only difference is that Free does not allow you to save and load external templates, it-s ad based, and has no "hotspot" functionality. Developing software and fixing bugs takes a huge amount of time that's why i needed to split it in two releases, hope you'll understand.

How to share screens and templates
    When you save your template Zooper Widget (PRO) stores two files in the SD card, under "ZooperWidget" folder, one is a PNG with a screenshot of your awesome creation (so you can easily post it to the forum) the other one is a ".zw" file containing the template itself. The ".zw" is a zip archive with all the data in it, so if you used Bitmaps, external Fonts, Iconsets or any other resource you won't need to distribute them, those items will be part of the ".zw" template and will be extracted automatically. To load the template on another device you just need to place it in the ZooperWidget SD card folder and load it.

APK skins
    Zooper Widget PRO from 2.38 supports APK skin packs, you can store as many templates as you want in a single APK distributable on the market, you can even include templates on existing APK if you want (so you can distribute an Icon Pack for ADW with some ZW template in a single shot), more info here http://goo.gl/mo0Gi

Resizing
    Zooper Widget supports automatic resize on load if the template is larger than the target widget, otherwise original size will be kept, you can tune the size using the "Scale" option. Please note that, compared to other similar widgets, ZW does not just scale the output Bitmap, but the source Canvas resulting in a much more clean / smooth image.

What's next?
    Zooper Widget is always a work in progress, i just released Bitmap support and I'm now working on really exciting features requested by users (and yes, if you have any idea just ask!). Most important upcoming stuff is:
    • Ability to group or tag layers and move / edit them at once (but remember you can already use the copy/paste functionality to copy one property to multiple items at once)
    • Widget wide Parameters (to allow better APK support, if you want to lock everything and use custom settings)

More
    Want to join the beta program? Check out this G+ community: http://goo.gl/DXoig
    Busy Body Zooper

This has been one of my favorite themes from UCCW thread. Originally created by John Nada, all credit for theme/layout goes to him. I just changed some things and made it available for Zooper Widget.

All widgets are 5x1. I am using this on my Galazy Note II. Not sure how Zooper handles different screen sizes / Grid sizes of different launchers so hope it works for everyone else. Feedly widget is 4x2 stretched to fit in the middle. Use the wallpaper included in the zip to get the frame that appears around the feedly widget.

Each icon on the widgets are shortcuts to an app. You might have to change the app shortcut for whatever you want.

Busy Body Zooper Widgets

BusyBodyZooperWidgetSetup_zps53488d95.png
    My latest skin - xenon clock :D

I hope I can inspire someone ;)

Hello guys, I commited this yesterday

1374481572-screenshot-2013-07-22-10-23-13-1.png

The circle is an analog 24h clock wich indicates the hour and the periods of night and day (grey and blue), off course they evolve dynamicly with sunrise and sunset, wich are also given.

Semi circle in the inside is a thermometer calibrated on -10° / +40°.
    Large white lines stands for present and min/max temperature of the day
    Short grey lines give the min/max of tomorrow (for quick and easy comparaison).

Other stuffs are sef-explanatory.

It has been designed in a 4x3 square so it fits perfectly in it, but you can off course resize it as you like in a bigger one.

Hope you like it :cyclops: