[ROM][4.2.2] Slim Bean - I9000 [Build v8.0][+WEEKLIES]

Search This thread

karol1981

Feb 7, 2011
Kielce,Poland
I had to problems with low memory, i used V6 script, and my SwiftKey is permanently killed, I can't write :-\ I love this rom and i want to daily use him, but this piss me off.

Konsumhaus

Jan 30, 2013
I am back on Weekly 5.7 because Build 6 get laggy after one day in use :(
5.7 runs fast. Even after one week in use.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using xda app-developers app

KUN1

Account currently disabled
Sep 29, 2011
GB
meettomy.site
So i removed Google Play Music and installed Auto Killer and set live OC to 114% but it's still laggy as hell :'(
And every five minutes it kills every app ( 3g watchdog, virtual button bar, keyboard )

superkoal

Sep 24, 2011
Vienna
How to get it works? Does it depends on gsm network?

I didn't try it with recent builds as i don't use mms any more, but on older builds it wasn't possible for me.
MMS need authentication, which is only given through your carrier network, not via wifi.
IF it is possible for someone then it's carrier specific.

---------- Post added at 10:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:47 PM ----------

So i removed Google Play Music and installed Auto Killer and set live OC to 114% but it's still laggy as hell :'(
And every five minutes it kills every app ( 3g watchdog, virtual button bar, keyboard )

Our phone has a limited amount of ram and it's right on the edge of being able to run 4.2 smoothly whtout too many background apps running.
if you install facebook or whatsapp (or even worse: both) you have 2 massive memory hoggers, then look at your other background services and you will quickly find that they are the cause for your lags.

Reactions: KUN1 and kufikugel

kufikugel

Aug 12, 2012
absolutly agree....especially after google IO 2013 the new app are a problem for the low end devices.

I personally would suggest to install without any gapps (or aroma with untick all apps for first).....then install playstore (the one from download apps section) sepperatly and install after that only that what you need. New Music, hangouts, google+ even playstore and gmail are using much much more resources then ever before. But that's life....software producer do not take care over 3 years on hardware. But that is nothing new and nothing which is only phone related :p

But to say it in general we do not hold up updating our gapps because off low end devices. We have much more devices to support which are all newer and can handle this.

cheers

senotrius

Jan 4, 2011

try these minfree values:4, 19, 15,32, 37, 50.the visible app, secondary server and hidden app values are most important(2nd, 3rd and 4th) for multitask.adjust them via ROM toolbox-task manager-slide from left-minfree manager. at leave the first value as 14 or so if foreground apps haven't closed by itself on ur phone.again the values hAve to be tweaked for YOUR usage.use row or sio schedulers.

most root apps have the minfree tool.system tuner for example.u could also try using the autostart manager in these apps to control rogue apps(via receiver, provider and services).do not disable everything.obvious ones to disable are those for boot.system apps be careful thou(stay away from pre boot receivers for eg.)In fact stay away from autostart managers unless u have used them before.

really our phone needs at least a gig ram.processor is fine.android is a resource hog. but a lovely hog all the same.:) optimisation is key-my friend's stock rom s3 lags like hell and its got quad core and a gig(Samsung at fault here thou)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 4142310

Build 6 is running fine here! Thank you for your amazing work. I have one question thou: how does the feature quick peek work? All i found related to the status bar is something that hides it when there are no notifications... Is this it or am i just blind?

Reactions: Musky80

brunodu91

Apr 15, 2011
48.767034, 1.969104
Build 6 lag on asphalt 7 only..

My set is :

Pegasusqu
Row
-50mv

An idea ?

Envoyé depuis mon galaxy s3, rom slim weekly / 4.2.2 , Kernel stock , nova launcher, thème radiance red ... via tapatalk 4

gmpgoud

Apr 11, 2012
Weird behaviour during Incoming call

Firstly THANKS for awesome ROM, really smooth as butter.

Am on build 6 and facing a weird problem with incoming calls.
Have enabled "Pickup phone without touch the screen" button in Semaphore Manager. And also in Phone Settings have enabled "Mute Ringer" with FLIP action.
With this feature I was able to answer the call directly when phone was taken near to ear (Proximity Sensor) this was working fine till build 5.
And also ring was getting muted when i flipped. Used to work as expected till build 5.

Now in build 6, when i flip the phone during incoming call, instead of muting the ring, call is being answered. And also tried in another way, without flipping the phone have kept the phone near to ear (ideally call should get answered) but its not happening.

FYI: Have wiped data, format system & cleared cache/dalvik cache while flashing build 6.

mark26

Apr 2, 2011
Midlands
Build 6 is running fine here! Thank you for your amazing work. I have one question thou: how does the feature quick peek work? All i found related to the status bar is something that hides it when there are no notifications... Is this it or am i just blind?

quick peek allows you to slide status bar down when auto hide status bar is enabled.

---------- Post added at 11:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:13 AM ----------

[/COLOR]
status bar is working over the lockscreen. how do i block this?

if you mean notification drawer,you can't afaik

Last edited:

superkoal

Sep 24, 2011
Vienna
Firstly THANKS for awesome ROM, really smooth as butter.

Am on build 6 and facing a weird problem with incoming calls.
Have enabled "Pickup phone without touch the screen" button in Semaphore Manager. And also in Phone Settings have enabled "Mute Ringer" with FLIP action.
With this feature I was able to answer the call directly when phone was taken near to ear (Proximity Sensor) this was working fine till build 5.
And also ring was getting muted when i flipped. Used to work as expected till build 5.

Now in build 6, when i flip the phone during incoming call, instead of muting the ring, call is being answered. And also tried in another way, without flipping the phone have kept the phone near to ear (ideally call should get answered) but its not happening.

FYI: Have wiped data, format system & cleared cache/dalvik cache while flashing build 6.

I don't know if these two functions work too well together.

I think stratosk not only uses proximity sensor but also accelerometer, meaning you really have to "pick up" the phone to answer the call
And for the flip option: you probably mute the call with flip to silent, but also pick up with semaphore option as you maybe reached the required acceleration when flipping and engaged the proximity sensor when putting your phone face down ;)

Try to test the 2 functions without the other one enabled.

solar666

Just a short THANKS to slim team.
I need to say with build6 the ram management is like it should have been before.
At least for me I don't see any restart of services anymore and low ram is not accuring that often like in previous builds.
Again one step in making the i9000 a phone for the next year, THANKS!

Reactions: mark26

karol1981

Feb 7, 2011
Kielce,Poland
I don't know if these two functions work too well together.

I think stratosk not only uses proximity sensor but also accelerometer, meaning you really have to "pick up" the phone to answer the call
And for the flip option: you probably mute the call with flip to silent, but also pick up with semaphore option as you maybe reached the required acceleration when flipping and engaged the proximity sensor when putting your phone face down ;)

Try to test the 2 functions without the other one enabled.

This functions working well together, tested by myself, when you want answer call just put the phone to ear, when u want reject or mute just flip phone "face down".

Wysyłane z mojego GT-I9000 za pomocą Tapatalk 2

Wrath0Lucifer

Oct 2, 2011
Bengaluru
Thank you

Thank you all the dev's for keeping my old sgs alive and kick with the recent android versions.

I recently bought a Nexus 4 and realized the magnitude of customization that you guys have actually offered through Slim is way too better than stock. Am gonna miss reading this thread regularly. Heading over to the Nexus4 thread.

Thanks again for the devs and all the community folks for their contributions.

Cheers,
Abhi

kufikugel

Aug 12, 2012
Hi!
Since I've flashed build 6.0, I'm having a problem. Too much background data from Google Services and Google Play Store... about 100mb/day.
How can I solve this? Thanks in advance!

these are not real values.....just a visual bug. This is caused because of one of our JIT patches to optimize some stuff. Will be fixed on next weekly.

But do not be afraid...real data usage is as usual. As I said just a visual/calculating problem.

sorry for that

cheers

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    SlimBeanOP2.png

Disclaimer: We are not responsible for any damages to your device.

Original Slim Features:
    1. The Real Dark Slim
    2. Notification drawer Shortcuts
    3. Full hardware key rebinding!
    4. Keyboard rotation
    5. SlimCenter
    Check out our full feature list here

Changelog
    Find our latest Changelog go here

Chat with the slim team and other slim users
    • IRC: #slimusers @freenode
    • New to IRC? Don't have a native app? Try the Freenode web client [link] or the Firefox extension Chatzilla [link]
    • Google+ [link]
    • Twitter [link]
    • Facebook [Link]

Installation instructions
    For Most Users :
    Please keep in mind if a special instruction is needed it will be noted in the Changelog
    • Download the latest builds from here. Please stay on the Official builds if you are not sure which build to pick.
    • PS: Weekly releases are stable but may contain Experimental features.!
    • Addons ( if you don't have it already) from [here]
    • !Recommended! Full wipe, and manual format /system
    • Flash ROM and the addons you want, reboot

FAQ
    Check our FAQ before posting! Keeps more common questions answered in one place!

Help us out!
    If you want to help us by translating Slim to your language, check our Crowdin page and submit your translations.
    Or consider making a donation.

Thanks!
    You can find the full list of credits here

Source
    Please visit here for the rom source code.
    Kernel source can be found here
    Slim Bean 4.2.1 RC 2

Alright Slim Bean 4.2.1 RC2 released.!!
    Tons and Tons of new stuff... ROM getting closer and closer to unimaginable perfection...

Changelog: [Special one from me ;)]
    • Semaphore Kernel 2.9.8s
    • Compiled with updated linaro 1301
    • some additional LMK fixes over 2.9.8

Read Changelog... Download... and enjoy the hell out of it. ;)

PS: All Gapps/AIO/Inverted have been updated.! Check and download appropriately.!

PS: Bug reports follow procedure from OP #2.!​
    Alright so the world is still fine.:silly: So here goes...

So this is Slim Bean 4.2.1 Beta 1 release. This is a new thread as we have started from a completely clean slate AOSP base and included most of our features within.

NEW BASE FULL WIPE RECOMMENDED!!!

By downloading this ROM, you accept the fact that you understand that your device will not magically have more RAM or
    CPU power and newer releases of Android are optimized for better spec'd devices hence the drop in support for Nexus S by Google.

Also keep in mind that this is Beta software features and performance will vary as we get closer to the stable releases.

BUG REPORTING?
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab /proc/last_kmsg. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    Slim Bean 4.2.2 Build 1

The beginning of a new era... Slim Bean 4.2.2 Build 1 Released.!

As this release is based on a brand new JDQ39 [4.2.2] base, a full wipe is suggested... though you can survive without one easily :)

Also the Slim Gapps/AIO packages are all updated from scratch for the new base...

Read ChangeLogs, Instructions, Download and Enjoy!
    Slim Bean 4.2.1 Beta 2

The wait is over... Slim Bean 4.2.1 Beta 2 released...

Most of the usual features in 4.1.2 and much more have been implemented. Tons of improvements and Bug fixes and stability..

Read the changelogs and download your device specific ROM zips.

And FYI, Semaphore bundled with Slim is now built with the latest Linaro 12.12.

Enjoy.!