Sony and Cyanogen working to improve select cameras

Search This thread

Georges2251

Mar 29, 2012
Tripoli
382458.jpg

Since Android OS is an open source project and free to be obtained by manufacturers and developers, Sony Mobile allows participation of developers and enthusiasts to create better firmware for all Xperia devices. Earlier this year, the Xperia Z Android 4.2 Jelly Bean update became open for participants to contribute changes, suggestions and other features to be included.

The CyanogenMod 10.1 grows in popularity especially with Xperia phones and when certain news is being posted by the Sony Xperia pages themselves in Facebook. Developers of CyanogenMod announced an upcoming new camera features for selective Sony Xperia devices such as the Xperia V. It is similar to the Sony's stock camera app, except it is with more functionality.

New Camera Features and Devices Selected

382460.jpg

xperia-z_cm-nightly.jpg

The CyanogenMod 10.1 will have Android 4.2 Jelly Bean OS version and the upcoming camera features include High-Dynamic Range or HDR for photos and videos, ISO modes, scene modes, shutter speed and Sony's image/video stabilisation.

Selected Sony Xperia devices are the Xperia T, Xperia V, Xperia Z, Xperia ZL and the Xperia Tablet Z. CyanogenMod developers haven't detailed the exact timeline when would these new camera features be released and hit the 10.1 version of the custom ROM.

Free Xperia Project

A group of CyanogenMod Xperia "maintainers" called Free Xperia Project supports Xperia-based custom ROMs and continually enhances distribution of the Android OS through a wide variety of phones and tablets.

The Free Xperia Project supports CM 7, CM 9, CM 10 and CM 10.1 versions, according to their Web site. Users are required to unlock their device's boot loader to be able to install CyanogenMod ROMs and enjoy a whole new user experience.

Source.
GSMArena also mentions that there's more to come, maybe CM 10.1 users would get some Sony apps.

Any thoughts? I'm very happy about this. Instead of hopping on the "google edition" bandwagon, they actively support the dev community and encourages them, they also push continuous updates to old devices and don't leave their users hanging out to dry. Excellent move Sony.

Reactions: JN3141 and Yenkazu

cmajetic

Sep 6, 2011
Vienna
yep sucks that Sony has less users than Samsung (almost no one here...), they have the worst base but because of the mass they still have a better cm10.1 in the end and about 100 times as much roms...

Gesendet von meinem LT30p mit Tapatalk 2

Reactions: Yenkazu

_Raziel666

Jun 15, 2011
Athens
yep sucks that Sony has less users than Samsung (almost no one here...), they have the worst base but because of the mass they still have a better cm10.1 in the end and about 100 times as much roms...

I'm coming from the Samsung Galaxy S2 i9100, and sure as hell, we didn't have better CM than Sony (excluding the random reboots).

matt4321

Retired Senior Moderator - The Real Matt
Dec 20, 2011
Reading, UK
random reboots is a very important part of it ;)

No more sony for me when my contract ends. Next phone is gonna be a nexus. Got a nexus tablet and it works so good with cm10.1

I've been really impressed with Sony, I'll stick with them for a while. But make sure I can get a boot loader unlockable version. Won't make that mistake again ;)

Reactions: waynekirby

zandm7

Nov 18, 2012
I've been really impressed with Sony, I'll stick with them for a while. But make sure I can get a boot loader unlockable version. Won't make that mistake again ;)
IMO if you want to install custom ROMs and mod the crap out of your device, you better buy either a Nexus or a Sony phone. Nexus for obvious reasons and Sony because they support the Android developer community the best by far out of any manufacturer.

emperror123

Jun 11, 2013
i hope cynogen can combined the camera with sony, becuz compare it and sony in my xperia v, same pic same distance i take, it a bit blurred, with sony camera, very sharp and clear,

anyway, i hope it become a successful project for both to improve xperia v, tx, t and tl

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    382458.jpg

Since Android OS is an open source project and free to be obtained by manufacturers and developers, Sony Mobile allows participation of developers and enthusiasts to create better firmware for all Xperia devices. Earlier this year, the Xperia Z Android 4.2 Jelly Bean update became open for participants to contribute changes, suggestions and other features to be included.

The CyanogenMod 10.1 grows in popularity especially with Xperia phones and when certain news is being posted by the Sony Xperia pages themselves in Facebook. Developers of CyanogenMod announced an upcoming new camera features for selective Sony Xperia devices such as the Xperia V. It is similar to the Sony's stock camera app, except it is with more functionality.

New Camera Features and Devices Selected

382460.jpg

xperia-z_cm-nightly.jpg

The CyanogenMod 10.1 will have Android 4.2 Jelly Bean OS version and the upcoming camera features include High-Dynamic Range or HDR for photos and videos, ISO modes, scene modes, shutter speed and Sony's image/video stabilisation.

Selected Sony Xperia devices are the Xperia T, Xperia V, Xperia Z, Xperia ZL and the Xperia Tablet Z. CyanogenMod developers haven't detailed the exact timeline when would these new camera features be released and hit the 10.1 version of the custom ROM.

Free Xperia Project

A group of CyanogenMod Xperia "maintainers" called Free Xperia Project supports Xperia-based custom ROMs and continually enhances distribution of the Android OS through a wide variety of phones and tablets.

The Free Xperia Project supports CM 7, CM 9, CM 10 and CM 10.1 versions, according to their Web site. Users are required to unlock their device's boot loader to be able to install CyanogenMod ROMs and enjoy a whole new user experience.

Source.
    GSMArena also mentions that there's more to come, maybe CM 10.1 users would get some Sony apps.

Any thoughts? I'm very happy about this. Instead of hopping on the "google edition" bandwagon, they actively support the dev community and encourages them, they also push continuous updates to old devices and don't leave their users hanging out to dry. Excellent move Sony.

random reboots is a very important part of it ;)

No more sony for me when my contract ends. Next phone is gonna be a nexus. Got a nexus tablet and it works so good with cm10.1