[LOCKED BL/Jellybean support] LG Optimus L9 Recovery Installer | v1.5.0.0 27.04.13

Search This thread

SJMarty

Jul 28, 2011
Jacksonville, Florida
Something really odd is going on with my P769. I'm rooted with a locked bootloader and the L9 Recovery has been working fine. I just went to boot to recovery from within the L9 Recovery app, and it won't. I powered the phone down and when booting, the LEDs do not flash (they used to). I uninstalled L9 Recovery Installer and followed the steps to remove recovery (delete /system/bootstrap, delete /system/bin/e2fck, and rename /system/bin/e2fsck.bin to e2fsck). Rebooted and then reinstalled L9 Recovery Installer. Selected to Install/Update Recovery. It installed successfully so I tried the "Reboot to Recovery" button again and no luck. No recovery and no flashing LEDs. Same after a power down.

Anyone else seen this or know what I need to do to get my recovery back? :confused:

kuma82

Jan 19, 2012
Houston
I've had this issue happen several times. Most of the problems were caused by me messing around with different busybox apps. I always just reflashed a new kdz. However, if you don't want to do that, you have to start troubleshooting. If you dig deeper inside the L9 recovery apk data folder data/data/pl.artas182x.android.l9.recovery/files you will find a script surunner.sh
Inside this script is everything that was copied and changed on your system.
Maybe if you remove the files and folders that were added, then reinstall, it will work.

Sent from my LGMS769 using xda app-developers app

Jur13n

Dec 3, 2011
I rooted my phone with LGPWN and I installed busybox. I can even backup with titanium backup pro, so I knownit's rooted. But when I use the recovery installer, it says it is installed, but when I boot into recovery I see the stock lg message of the service thing... what did I wrong?

Sent from my LG-P760 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

SJMarty

Jul 28, 2011
Jacksonville, Florida
I've had this issue happen several times. Most of the problems were caused by me messing around with different busybox apps. I always just reflashed a new kdz. However, if you don't want to do that, you have to start troubleshooting. If you dig deeper inside the L9 recovery apk data folder data/data/pl.artas182x.android.l9.recovery/files you will find a script surunner.sh Inside this script is everything that was copied and changed on your system.
Maybe if you remove the files and folders that were added, then reinstall, it will work.
This is all I see in that file...

Code:
echo 1 > /data/.recovery_mode ; sync ; reboot ;

SJMarty

Jul 28, 2011
Jacksonville, Florida
I've had this issue happen several times. Most of the problems were caused by me messing around with different busybox apps. I always just reflashed a new kdz.
I read back through this entire thread and see that I'm not the only one facing this issue. I wasn't able to find a clear solution.

Kuma...by reflashing the .KDZ, don't you lose root?

SJMarty

Jul 28, 2011
Jacksonville, Florida
Long long time ago this recovery refused to work for me. I installed busybox with this installer https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.bitcubate.root.busybox.complete it worked for me and 100% of people I've recommended it to. Give it a shot
Man, timing is everything...I kid you not...I *just* reflashed the 20D .KDZ. It's working now.

I have already purchased the Stericson BusyBox Pro. I uninstalled and reinstalled that with no luck. Do you think installing a different busybox would have done it?

Tablechair

Feb 9, 2013
Waterbury CT
Yea. I mean I can't say for sure if it would've worked or not. Id bet it would've though.

Sent from my LG-P769 using xda premium

Last edited:
Reactions: SJMarty

kuma82

Jan 19, 2012
Houston
Yeah that other busybox app is good too, I bought both of them lol. I think the problem you had with the first one was uninstalling it, when you uninstall it messes up.

Reactions: SJMarty

BioDesigner48

Jan 27, 2013
Tulsa
Does the "partition SD card" feature work?

And if so is it ext3 or fat32

Thanks in advance

sent from my locked rooted P769 v20D
I'm on YouTube (BioDesigner48)

Mensarius

May 8, 2013
Can someone help me remove the CWM Recovery?

I tried the steps listed to remove the recovery but I can't follow through due to not being able to alter a system file. :crying:

kuma82

Jan 19, 2012
Houston
Easiest thing to do is re flash the kdz.

Last edited:

Tablechair

Feb 9, 2013
Waterbury CT
What file manager are you using? ES? You have to enable root explorer then you can change anything. Its in safe mode by default.

Tablechair

Feb 9, 2013
Waterbury CT

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi, I present you CWM Recovery 6 with easy apk installer for LG L9 (For now tested P760 and P765). It has few bugs but This recovery is stable for use. Now It supports JellyBean and other roms.

Recovery tested on: P760, P765, P768 (on other variants recovery also should work)

If you have unlocked bootloader use this better recovery: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2394985

What is working:
    1. Backup and Restore
    2. Installing zip
    3. ADB
    4. All partitions are mounted
    5. Internal SD Card fully working!
    6. Charging
    7. SD-EXT partition (only ext3)
    What isn't working:
    1. External and Internal SD USB Mount (can't be fixed because recovery don't allow to mount mtp, copy files through adb or use this app to copy: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1057059)

Requirements:
    1. LG L9
    2. Root
    3. Correct busybox

Download: http://artas182x.tk/?page_id=6

Installation:
    1. Download and Install apk
    2. Run L9 Recovery Installer
    3. Press Install/Update Recovery
    4. Press CWM ICS/JB (Stable)
    5. Click Yes, Install Recovery
    6. Done
    Recovery can be updated on older version normally through Install/Update Recovery

Fix for users which didn't have error during installation, but they can't boot to recovery (thanks for @Tablechair for detailed instructions :)
    Long long time ago this recovery refused to work for me. I installed busybox with this installer https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.bitcubate.root.busybox.complete it worked for me and 100% of people I've recommended it to. Give it a shot

Booting to recovery:
    1. Turn off phone
    2. Turn on, when LG logo appears and leds will be blinking press and hold vol down button
    3. You are in recovery :)
    4. You can also use option in CWM installer to reboot to CWM

Video of installing and booting to recovery: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NCO_I2TgowE

Removing recovery:
    1. Delete /system/bootstrap directory
    2. Delete /system/bin/e2fck
    3. Rename /system/bin/e2fck.bin to e2fck
    4. Done!

Thanks to:
    milaq - for the CWM Installer for Prada. I was basing on this recovery.

About SD-EXT support
    I added support for sd-ext partition. For now only ext3 partition works. To use compatible with my recovery sd-ext parition I reccomend to partition sd card usung Advanced>Partition SD Card in my recovery. All data will be deleted! After this paritioning sd-ext works with my recovery and Link2SD. If you partition SD Card in recovery don't try to create swap partition, because we haven't got support for swap.

Changelog:

1. Support for Jellybean and other roms

1. Stable SD-EXT (ext3) support
    2. Fixed ADB, now working correctly
    3. Changed some text to make installer cleaner

1. Changes only to test version
    2. SD-EXT support, but it is still in testing. See Notes above changelog, because sd-ext don't work in 100% (you must partition sd card with recovery)

1. All bugs fixed
    2. Can't still mount Internal and External SD because can't mount in recovery through MTP, please copy files through adb or use this app to copy: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1057059)

1. Fixed Internal SD
    2. Some texts in apk changed

FAQ:
    Q: How to install and use this?
    A: Everything wrote in this theard.

Q: What is CWM?
    A: Here it is: http://xdaforums.com/wiki/ClockworkMod_Recovery

Q: When I do Backup in CWM and check backup folder size i see size about 20 mb, my backup should be about 1 GB?
    A: Don't worry. CWM since 6 version use diffrent backup format. CWM don't store everything in backup directory, It uses diffrent directories and backup structute. Everything is OK!

Q: I installed CWM and it don't boot.
    A: Check if You propely installed this CWM, nad check if you propely boot to recovery. Maybe you tried to install other recovery? If It still doesn't work reflash firmware with KDZ (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2085344), and try to install on clean, rooted rom.

XDA:DevDB Information
    L9 Recovery Installer, ROM for the LG Optimus L9 P760, P765, P768

Contributors
    artas182x

Version Information

Created 2014-07-31
    Last Updated 2014-08-12
    1.5.0.0 with support for Jellybean released.
    I don't want any donations! I'm doing my work, beacuse I like it!