[Indian Users] HTC One - General Discussions

Search This thread

ullekh99

Jul 14, 2012
Mumbai
How do we get discount in gadget Shield..I searched the whole site but couldn't find an option to enter discount code

Sent from my LG-P990 using xda app-developers app

Raven'sSight

Jul 1, 2011
Bangalore
How do we get discount in gadget Shield..I searched the whole site but couldn't find an option to enter discount code

Come on! Just google for God's sake!
Anyways, It is 'adw20'.
You can get it for cheaper @ their eBay.in store with a 100rs Vodafone coupon if you have one!

Hit thanks if it helped!

Anyone here coming from another device that had Dropbox promo. I had the 50gb from the S2 and haven't still got the 25gb for my One. Shouldn't it be added to my 50gb I already have? Any ideas anyone?

Sent from the One

Last edited:
Reactions: ullekh99

ullekh99

Jul 14, 2012
Mumbai
Come on! Just google for God's sake!
Anyways, It is 'adw20'.
You can get it for cheaper @ their eBay.in store with a 100rs Vodafone coupon if you have one!

Hit thanks if it helped!

Anyone here coming from another device that had Dropbox promo. I had the 50gb from the S2 and haven't still got the 25gb for my One. Shouldn't it be added to my 50gb I already have? Any ideas anyone?

Sent from the One

I know the code..but where do I need to enter it..this is d first time I'm gonna use Some code so I don't know..

Raven'sSight

Jul 1, 2011
Bangalore

ullekh99

Jul 14, 2012
Mumbai
http://www.desidime.com/forums/hot-...ody-protection-20-off-flat-with-free-shipping

Not sure where you put the code. Don't they have a box to enter coupon codes @ payment page like any other websites? I had got it from eBay with 100rs discount from Vodafone !

Sent from the One

That's the problem...I couldn't find any box or any option regarding discount coupon..perhaps someone who has bought it recently could help

tarun.nair

Aug 30, 2010
Bangalore
www.domain-decorus.com
That's the problem...I couldn't find any box or any option regarding discount coupon..perhaps someone who has bought it recently could help

Aren't you getting a box (see screen shot below) to enter the code?

scr-shot.jpg

I seem to be getting it when I go to gadgetshieldz.com under order summary. Why don't you order it from eBay, as @Raven'sSight suggested. It's Rs 399 and u can use some code on eBay if you have one. Faster shipping too

sachinaik

Jun 6, 2011
Bangalore
For most of the apps I get a on screen menu button on the bottom of the screen. It consumes a big stripe of screen estate ....

Duh !!!

What's the point in having the home and back button separate then !

Please suggest me how I can fix this....

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

ankanb

Apr 9, 2011
I have this phone since 25th of may. Was waiting for this phone for very long. I have an iphone5 32gb which now my mom is using. I didn't sell it because I was not sure if I will keep this phone for long. I hate Samsung phones as I don't like their interface and plastic look. So usually I end up with iPhone.

But this phone has some strange charm by which it has griped me. I like it's camera, 32 gb is enough for me. It sounds awedome. Screen is one of the best. Gr8 multimedia phone. It looks sexy as hell.
things I dont like is long charging time. When screen is locked sometimes I hit play button accidently while pressing forward button. I still think android need more refining to be at same level as ios.

Agreed about the long charging time - it's been one of my only complaints as of now - especially coming from an iPhone 5 which charges ridiculously fast compared to this.

Raven'sSight

Jul 1, 2011
Bangalore

Battery will totally depend on your usage + I believe one of the guys who got a new One after DOA. Let the battery settle for at least a few cycles.

My calls power day is very limited and most of my internet access is from wifi. I get around 4.5 to 5.5 hours screen time. I have my auto sync off. Instead everything refreshes every 2 hours. Good enuf for me.

Also try disabling apps that you do not make use of!

Hit thanks if it helped!

Sent from the One

kmprashant

Jun 23, 2013
Bangalore
Agreed about the long charging time - it's been one of my only complaints as of now - especially coming from an iPhone 5 which charges ridiculously fast compared to this.

Well, Samsung Galaxy S4 has given an 2 Amp Charger and that is the reason it charges fast and HTC One has only an 1 Amp charger so it charges slow. But 1 Amp charger is good for battery life and by 2 amp charger, makes your battery life short.

If you guys want fast charging u can but 2 Amp charger and use for HTC One.

---------- Post added at 10:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:52 AM ----------

Battery will totally depend on your usage + I believe one of the guys who got a new One after DOA. Let the battery settle for at least a few cycles.

My calls power day is very limited and most of my internet access is from wifi. I get around 4.5 to 5.5 hours screen time. I have my auto sync off. Instead everything refreshes every 2 hours. Good enuf for me.

Also try disabling apps that you do not make use of!

Hit thanks if it helped!

Sent from the One

well I have got a mixed response from battery. Sometimes i get 5 hours + screen time and sometimes only 3 hours. I guess it also depends on what activity we are doing on the phone. Well my net is on 24 hours. 15 hours on 2G network and 9 hours on wi-fi. Autosync on all the time.

Yesterday I got 28 hours of battery time but call time was 2 hours and screen time was 2.5 hours. Hope battery is good?

Last edited:

lovemejay6

Mar 5, 2010
hyderabad
htc one india

can someone post me the wallpapers which are there in gallery given by htc when you brought it and songs in the music player tooo
thx in advance

rajsmbhansali

May 17, 2013
Bangalore
So are June stocks perfectly made? And hence the hike in price maybe? I can get a DOA till next Monday. If i scratch my device or something then I will get it I guess. I have the coveted Hairline gap in top & button :cool:

Sent from the One

Heyy...
Nope the gaps issue is not resolved with the JUNE batch.. As i said on last week we bought a Silver ONE from HSR Quick Connect June batch and there was a hairline gap still there.

But before taking DOA, check with your retailer if they have stocks.. there is a serious crunch of stocks again with some retailers..

---------- Post added at 12:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:25 PM ----------

lol evn i formatted n lost them
someone please post them

---------- Post added at 12:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:13 PM ----------

do anyone know the reason why price of htc one rised from 43k - 45k..??

not sure of the exact reason, but rise in Dollar rates is sighted as the reason.. However i find it absurd since other Phone Companies havent increased the price.

ullekh99

Jul 14, 2012
Mumbai
I think the price increase is due to high demand (assuming there is high demand for our phone:p)...as they want to increase their profits badly or they might hav changed some part which is costlier or the manufacturing cost could hav increased but the last 2 options are highly unlikely

rajsmbhansali

May 17, 2013
Bangalore
For most of the apps I get a on screen menu button on the bottom of the screen. It consumes a big stripe of screen estate ....

Duh !!!

What's the point in having the home and back button separate then !

Please suggest me how I can fix this....

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

This is fixed in the 4.2.2 update received by Taiwan yesterday..
Check out the news :) it says DEATH OF BLACK BAR :laugh:

http://www.androidcentral.com/htc-one-422-ota-appears-international-users

:victory: We should be getting it in max 2 weeks then :good:

Reactions: amolbali

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Guys just an ADVICE

If you get any HTC Phone and feel that there are some defects in it...for example if you say dead pixel or body construction issues with HTC One you can DEMAND a DoA* ( Defect on Arrival) certificate from HTC Service centre within 14 days of purchase with no questions asked.

How does DoA works.
    1. Once issued by HTC customer care or service centre people , one needs to go down to the store where he got it from along with the box and complete set of accessories and DoA certificate and hand it over to the store guy and take other SEALED UNIT of same product or any any other product of SAME VALUE

No one tells this thing...however, this is the policy ...so guys dont worry go for HTC one if any problem go for DoA certificate as per the service policies of HTC.

hope this helped....

cheers

IR
    HTC ONE Indian Thread!!

HTC-ProductDetail-Hero-slide-04.png

SPEC :

GENERAL

2G Network GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900
    3G Network HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100
    4G Network LTE 800 / 1800 / 2600
    LTE 1800 / 2600
    LTE 1900 - for Sprint
    LTE 700 / 850 / 1700 / 1900 / 2100 - for AT&T
    LTE 700 / 1700 / 2100 - for T-Mobile
    SIM Micro-SIM
    Announced 2013, February
    Status Available. Released 2013, March

BODY

Dimensions 137.4 x 68.2 x 9.3 mm (5.41 x 2.69 x 0.37 in)
    Weight 143 g (5.04 oz)
    DISPLAY Type Super LCD3 capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
    Size 1080 x 1920 pixels, 4.7 inches (~469 ppi pixel density)
    Multitouch Yes
    Protection Corning Gorilla Glass 2
    - HTC Sense UI v5
    SOUND Alert types Vibration, MP3, WAV ringtones
    Loudspeaker Yes, with stereo speakers, built-in amplifiers
    3.5mm jack Yes
    - Beats Audio sound enhancement

MEMORY

Card slot No
    Internal 32/64 GB, 2 GB RAM

DATA

GPRS Yes
    EDGE Yes
    Speed HSPA+; LTE, Cat3, 50 Mbps UL, 100 Mbps DL
    WLAN Wi-Fi 802.11 a/ac/b/g/n, Wi-Fi Direct, DLNA, Wi-Fi hotspot
    Bluetooth Yes, v4.0 with A2DP
    NFC Yes (Market dependent)
    Infrared port Yes
    USB Yes, microUSB v2.0 (MHL)

CAMERA

Primary 4 MP, 2688 x 1520 pixels, autofocus, LED flash, check quality
    Features 1/3'' sensor size, 2µm pixel size, simultaneous HD video and image recording, geo-tagging, face and smile detection, optical
    image stabilization
    Video Yes, 1080p@30fps, 720p@60fps, HDR, stereo sound rec., video stabilization, check quality
    Secondary Yes, 2.1 MP, 1080p@30fps, HDR

FEATURES

OS Android OS, v4.1.2 (Jelly Bean), upgradable to v4.3 (Jelly Bean)
    Chipset Qualcomm APQ8064T Snapdragon 600
    CPU Quad-core 1.7 GHz Krait 300
    GPU Adreno 320
    Sensors Accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
    Messaging SMS (threaded view), MMS, Email, Push Email
    Browser HTML5
    Radio Stereo FM radio with RDS
    GPS Yes, with A-GPS support and GLONASS
    Java Yes, via Java MIDP emulator
    Colors Black, Silver, Red, Blue

- SNS integration
    - Dropbox (25 GB storage)
    - Active noise cancellation with dedicated mic
    - TV-out (via MHL A/V link)
    - DivX/XviD/MP4/H.263/H.264/WMV player
    - MP3/eAAC+/WMA/WAV/FLAC player
    - Google Search, Maps, Gmail, YouTube, Calendar, Google Talk
    - Organizer
    - Document viewer/editor
    - Photo viewer/editor
    - Voice memo/dial/commands
    - Predictive text input

BATTERY

Non-removable Li-Po 2300 mAh battery

Stand-by Up to 500 h (2G) / Up to 480 h (3G)
    Talk time Up to 27 h (2G) / Up to 18 h (3G)

MISC

SAR US 1.26 W/kg (head) 0.69 W/kg (body)
    SAR EU 0.86 W/kg (head) 0.36 W/kg (body)

TESTS

Display Contrast ratio: 1541:1 (nominal) / 2.504:1 (sunlight)
    Loudspeaker Voice 69dB / Noise 66dB / Ring 75dB
    Audio quality Noise -92.4dB / Crosstalk -92.4dB

Battery life Endurance rating 48h

It's not HTC but the distributor and retailers who are charging... DP is an indicative figure... They are all making the most of the shortage... Simple economics...

Sent from my HTC One using xda premium

Continuing from the above post...

I asked my dealer yesterday. Known him for ages and his mobile store is a rented shop owned by my friend. He told me to wait 10 days. Said the same thing happened with S4 when launched, despite the supplies being in massive numbers.

This is a tactic used by local branch offices and regional distributors (who are not technocrats at all). The mobile retailer hardly gets any margin these days. Such launches allows them to make a quick buck in the first 10 days when over enthusiastic people like us will pay over the odds to get our hands on the device first. That way, the branch/distributor does not have to give extra schemes to the retailers and they also settle their previous accounts by such favours.

Sad but true, this is a rampant practice in mobile and consumer electronics industry. There is MRP, DP, and then MOP. Consumer should get material at Market Operative Price. That way he gets a decent price and the retailer gets a 'survival' margin. For practical purposes, most material is sold between DP and MOP, which too is fair enough. Like has been pointed out time and again, despite what's printed - the new MRP is Rs.42,990, the DP is Rs.40,990, and MOP, which is mostly not written (purely my guess) should be around, Rs.39,500. And hence a price of Rs.39,900 hits the sweet spot.

Sites like Snapdeal, Indiatimes are not actual traders per se, and outsource supply of goods to other vendors, but subsidise from their marketing budgets to draw consumers in the hope they'd sell them profitable products in the future. Hence Rs.38,500 is their price, where they end up subsidising by about a Rs.1,000 below MOP. But then we all know more the people involved, more the chances of confusion and time delays.

Everyone is a grown up here. So I request people to stop blindly enquiring about prices. Don't join the mass hysteria and you won't be a hysteric. It's that simple.

Am a big fan of the device and getting one but am a bigger fan of not being held ransom or being blackmailed. I'll wait for 7 more days.

Just my two cents. Not really inviting a debate or a discussion on this, only my opinion. Feel free to agree or disagree but let's not pollute the thread. If people are unhappy about what I've written, please feel free to PM me. I'll gladly delete the contents of this post.

And yes, for people who want the experience right now, well, a small premium won't hurt them.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium HD app
    drop price or same price(42900)?

Price is 41500!!! (checking to see if its mrp. or discounted price)
    saw the pic, luvinguy will be posting them soon

Update : here is a picture ( thanks to luvinguy )

987klv.jpg
    Got my Dev Edition !!

Today I have received my ONE Dev Edition, it's such a beautiful device that you can't move your eyes from it. Crafted with passion. Feels so smooth in hands. No gaps, perfect finish. It shows how hard work HTC did to bring it to perfection.