[DEV] Porting kernel 3.0 for DESIRE

Search This thread

nonline

Oct 2, 2010
www.marcinmarkowski.com
Who wants to marry nikez? Please take a place in the line. Man, girl, whatever. He made K3 alive.

flwdrms.gif

Sorry for OT... I could not resist...

LaidbackNikez

Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 17, 2011
nikez.nu
Who wants to marry nikez? Please take a place in the line. Man, girl, whatever. He made K3 alive.

flwdrms.gif

Sorry for OT... I could not resist...

^ Get in line. I might have to hire an assistant to keep track of all the marriage proposal's. (Joking, GF will kill me if she reads this)

I'll ask here too. I need someone with a Nexus One. Like.. Yesterday. Or has the ability to send it to me or whatever.

Chromium

Oct 5, 2012
Toronto
chromium1.blogspot.ca
^ Get in line. I might have to hire an assistant to keep track of all the marriage proposal's. (Joking, GF will kill me if she reads this)

I'll ask here too. I need someone with a Nexus One. Like.. Yesterday. Or has the ability to send it to me or whatever.

Lol.
Message tommypacker. He's got a nexus one and is willing to test.

Last edited:

LaidbackNikez

Feb 17, 2011
nikez.nu
I'm also willing to test...what N1 rom should we test on?

Thanks. Preferably an Evervolv ROM. (Before ION was implemented).

For this to work, you need to atleast;
  • Know your way around ADB
  • Know your way around fastboot
  • Be able to be in direct contact with me through IRC
  • Pull logcat/dmesg through ADB and post to gist/pastebin
  • Be quick :p I hate waiting.

I should add that this won't be a zImage every 2 days.. I'm talking about a zImage every 2 minutes (ish).

parkedraccoon

Sep 23, 2012
Thanks. Preferably an Evervolv ROM. (Before ION was implemented).

For this to work, you need to atleast;
  • Know your way around ADB
  • Know your way around fastboot
  • Be able to be in direct contact with me through IRC
  • Pull logcat/dmesg through ADB and post to gist/pastebin
  • Be quick :p I hate waiting.

I should add that this won't be a zImage every 2 days.. I'm talking about a zImage every 2 minutes (ish).
When was ION implemented? Based on reading this thread the releases don't seem to match up with what's been released for N1.

Other than that I can probably do testing. From time of this post I have about an hour and a half of free time until dinner.

LaidbackNikez

Feb 17, 2011
nikez.nu
When was ION implemented? Based on reading this thread the releases don't seem to match up with what's been released for N1.

Other than that I can probably do testing. From time of this post I have about an hour and a half of free time until dinner.

Not sure but IIRC we pushed the ION commit around 2 months or so ago. So any release previous to that would suffice. Join #k3ftw on freenode.

rabies876

Oct 21, 2012
Hello nikez.

What would it take for kernel 3 to make it on to the nexus one?

Nexus One using xda app

MetinKale38

Sep 5, 2011
Braunschweig
Hey developers,

As you may know nikez stopped/paused development on k3 (thanks for his great effort btw).

The hd2 already has a working k3 and because hd2/desire are similar and hd2 source base on desire sources, it should'nt be difficult to merge them.

If there are some devs with little kernel development experience should manage o merge it.

Tapatalked... just Tapatalked...

MetinKale38

Sep 5, 2011
Braunschweig

Top Liked Posts