[ROM] Beanstalk 4.3.075 [9/15/13] ULTRACUSTOM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

BMP7777

Dec 15, 2010
Dacula, Ga
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
Is bluetooth broken on this and JellyBeer?? I was trying to test out the ROMs and cant even get to bluetooth to stay on. I hit the switch to turn it on and it just goes right back off again. This is coming from a fresh install after wiping everything....coming from Rootbox ROM. This and JellyBeer are the only ROMs I've had any bluetooth issues with. I want to actually try these ROMs out...but no bluetooth is definitely a deal breaker for me since I use my bluetooth headset so much.

Screenshot_2013-07-02-08-19-071_zps53913b03.png

Bluetooth works fine on my device. I run the latest BS build from factory reset wipe and dalvik/cache wipe. Fresh install each time. Smoocha kernel 6/7, Banks Gapps, ACID audio mod, Radiance Gold Theme. That's it. Soooo, my theory is that I would be the first to see function issues, based on the extras I run. But, so far, nothing. If you have issues like this, I need to know every step taken to get to where you are now. Full wipe? Any custom kernels or anything else? Did bluetooth work on the last version of this ROM for you? What ROM did you have before? I don't want to come off like a jerk, but I try to address all potential functionality issues before posting. The same things keep coming up for others, but I get the same explanantion every time. If you or anyone else needs support like this, I need a lot more background than 'it doesn't work and it's a deal breaker for me'. To make it easier for the next guy, IF YOU HAVE COME TO THIS OR ANOTHER 'CUSTOM' ROM FROM A STOCK OR 'STOCK-BASED' ROM, EXPECT TO HAVE ISSUES. I can and will continue to help everyone that I can with these neverending problems, but be prepared to offer a LOT more information than most have been posting. I just can't do anything with 'I did a complete wipe and THIS doesn't work'. Sorry, folks, I need more than that to help! That is the sermon for today. @mistermidas, don't take this as meant for just you; I am trying to get everyone to work harder to figure out their own issues. If you can't, that's cool. But, you have to give as many details as possible to get real support. Thanks :D
@PartimusPrime - For some reason Rootbox doesn't always 'mesh' well with my ROMs either; no idea why. I think it has to do with the base of the ROM itself, but I'm not sure. I think everyone with an issue like this should flash a custom ROM, let it sit, maybe even play with it some, and then wipe and go to another custom ROM. Look at it like the GPS fix. I think that the 'embedded memory', for lack of a better term, plays a part here. For example, even after a full and complete wipe, sometimes performed three times, I will still have residuals. After the initial set up, I commonly find that settings attached to the last ROM are still in place, like the custom carrier label I use. Why would that be? Sooo, until I figure all of this out(hopefully with someone else's help), suffice it to say that if you come from another ROM AT ALL, you should take the time to not only wipe, but flash a copy of the ROM you want to use, before flashing the ROM you want to use. Get it? Sounds stupid, I know, but hell, we've tried most other solutions....time to try something new.....let me know how this or any other fix attempts play out....

One more thing......I don't have the time to try to test the functionality of each and every one of the hundreds of apps that people want to use on this device. Some I use, and I test for them. Some I don't, but still I try to test for them because I know they are used by many. But, seriously, telling me 'my aptoide doesn't work' is pretty much nuts. I will test functionality on these when I have time, but if you use an app that doesn't work right for you after flashing, take the time to try out potential fixes on your own before posting. Just sayin'....

I am suspending ++ builds for a while, until we get a better handle on the everyday issues with the vanilla builds. If you want a ++ build, and are willing to police your own issues, I can provide one pretty easily. But, I need to have a level playing field, so to speak, so offering multiple builds with multiple issues is a bit much for a guy who does this in his spare time......

Last edited:
Reactions: Bdadd34

emiliojlaf

Jan 30, 2011
Hi, the rom is awesome the only thing i'm having trouble with is the launcher to install the apps. it doesnt let me hit the install button when i try to install a .apk from the storage i.e the amazon app store. the installer appears but i cant hit install.

HdMsTrTeCh

Oct 29, 2011
Hi, the rom is awesome the only thing i'm having trouble with is the launcher to install the apps. it doesnt let me hit the install button when i try to install a .apk from the storage i.e the amazon app store. the installer appears but i cant hit install.

Try turning off halo by removing from screen, then install app

Reactions: BMP7777

mistermidas

Apr 6, 2011
Screenshot_2013-07-02-08-19-071_zps53913b03.png

Bluetooth works fine on my device. I run the latest BS build from factory reset wipe and dalvik/cache wipe. Fresh install each time. Smoocha kernel 6/7, Banks Gapps, ACID audio mod, Radiance Gold Theme. That's it. Soooo, my theory is that I would be the first to see function issues, based on the extras I run. But, so far, nothing. If you have issues like this, I need to know every step taken to get to where you are now. Full wipe? Any custom kernels or anything else? Did bluetooth work on the last version of this ROM for you? What ROM did you have before? I don't want to come off like a jerk, but I try to address all potential functionality issues before posting. The same things keep coming up for others, but I get the same explanantion every time. If you or anyone else needs support like this, I need a lot more background than 'it doesn't work and it's a deal breaker for me'. To make it easier for the next guy, IF YOU HAVE COME TO THIS OR ANOTHER 'CUSTOM' ROM FROM A STOCK OR 'STOCK-BASED' ROM, EXPECT TO HAVE ISSUES. I can and will continue to help everyone that I can with these neverending problems, but be prepared to offer a LOT more information than most have been posting. I just can't do anything with 'I did a complete wipe and THIS doesn't work'. Sorry, folks, I need more than that to help! That is the sermon for today. @mistermidas, don't take this as meant for just you; I am trying to get everyone to work harder to figure out their own issues. If you can't, that's cool. But, you have to give as many details as possible to get real support. Thanks :D
@PartimusPrime - For some reason Rootbox doesn't always 'mesh' well with my ROMs either; no idea why. I think it has to do with the base of the ROM itself, but I'm not sure. I think everyone with an issue like this should flash a custom ROM, let it sit, maybe even play with it some, and then wipe and go to another custom ROM. Look at it like the GPS fix. I think that the 'embedded memory', for lack of a better term, plays a part here. For example, even after a full and complete wipe, sometimes performed three times, I will still have residuals. After the initial set up, I commonly find that settings attached to the last ROM are still in place, like the custom carrier label I use. Why would that be? Sooo, until I figure all of this out(hopefully with someone else's help), suffice it to say that if you come from another ROM AT ALL, you should take the time to not only wipe, but flash a copy of the ROM you want to use, before flashing the ROM you want to use. Get it? Sounds stupid, I know, but hell, we've tried most other solutions....time to try something new.....let me know how this or any other fix attempts play out....

One more thing......I don't have the time to try to test the functionality of each and every one of the hundreds of apps that people want to use on this device. Some I use, and I test for them. Some I don't, but still I try to test for them because I know they are used by many. But, seriously, telling me 'my aptoide doesn't work' is pretty much nuts. I will test functionality on these when I have time, but if you use an app that doesn't work right for you after flashing, take the time to try out potential fixes on your own before posting. Just sayin'....

I am suspending ++ builds for a while, until we get a better handle on the everyday issues with the vanilla builds. If you want a ++ build, and are willing to police your own issues, I can provide one pretty easily. But, I need to have a level playing field, so to speak, so offering multiple builds with multiple issues is a bit much for a guy who does this in his spare time......

I definitely don't think you're being a jerk about anything. All I did was the usual wipes before installing, davlik, system and data.. and installed banks gapps. No custom kernel installed. This was coming from rootbox. Tried to turn Bluetooth on and it wouldn't work. But then I installed a fresh install of unofficial cm 10.1 following the same process and Bluetooth worked fine. So...all I could think if it being was the ROM....so, don't know what else to say. I didn't even have time to fiddle around with anything to say it may or may not be such and such setting....I tried to turn it in as soon as I installed without it working.

Edit: Ive only tried the newest versions of this and jellybeer ROM so I never got Bluetooth working before.

Sent from my LG-LS970 using xda premium

Last edited:

BMP7777

Dec 15, 2010
Dacula, Ga
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
I definitely don't think you're being a jerk about anything. All I did was the usual wipes before installing, davlik, system and data.. and installed banks gapps. No custom kernel installed. This was coming from rootbox. Tried to turn Bluetooth on and it wouldn't work. But then I installed a fresh install of unofficial cm 10.1 following the same process and Bluetooth worked fine. So...all I could think if it being was the ROM....so, don't know what else to say. I didn't even have time to fiddle around with anything to say it may or may not be such and such setting....I tried to turn it in as soon as I installed without it working.

If you still want to try to run this ROM, or any of the other ones I make, try my steps above. See if flashing to this ROM and then wiping and flashing the same ROM fresh a second time has any bearing on your issue. If this is too much hassle, I totally understand. But, as I said, we have tried many other fixes and yet so many coming from other ROMs are having problems. When the stock ROMs cause trouble, I think being in a stock ROM going to another would be a potential fix. The idea is the same here. But, since I don't have these issues, I'm not the one to be able to verify. Let me know if this helps or if you don't want to mess with it. We are making progress in eventually having completely stable custom ROMs, but for now, we need as many willing 'fix testers' as possible.....

PartimusPrime

Apr 30, 2012
San Antonio
www.youtube.com
@BMP7777 Yeah sorry about just posting issues without an explanation. I usually try to figure stuff out on my own but when I saw someone else with the same issue I kinda piggybacked on it.

So this is what happened with the previous two builds I've installed (1.253 & 1.261)...I unrooted and relocked my phone this past weekend. The first time I unlocked my phone I had used teenybins after a FreeGee soft brick issue. So I wanted to go through the process of rooting and unlocking the phone one more time using FreeGee to see if it made any difference (See if it fixed the camera focus issue or the flashing stock/AOSP quirk). So I rooted the phone successfully and unlocked using FreeGee successfully (YAY!). I did a factory reset, went to advanced wipe, and wiped all four options like 3 times. I installed 1.253 version and the BAnks GApps. Booted the phone, signed in, and let all my apps redownload from google play. Everything seemed well until I tried turning bluetooth on. It's very weird. I selected ON, it switches to ON and but immediately switches back to OFF o_O... I had been running this version perfectly fine prior to the unroot/relock so I did not understand why this was not working. So, I had saved the backup I had prior to unroot/relock. I transferred it back to my phone, restored the backup, and all was well. Yesterday when I tried the new build I did the factory reset and avanced wipe 3x. And the first thing I did was check to see if I could turn bluetooth on and the same glitch occurred :(.

So I did a dirty flash. From my 1.253 backup I went to advanced wipe and wiped Cache, System, and Dalvik Cache. Flashed the ROM and rebooted. Bluetooth works fine. So what I will try, is I will try unlocking with TeenyBins again to see if it makes a difference. I'll probably try this weekend though.

Also, I really like the new boot animation but is there any way you can change the desc.txt file to that it will play in full screen? Right now it's set to 480x800 but if you set it to 768x1280 it should look way better :)

Thanks again for all your work man! Loving this ROM!!! :victory:

BMP7777

Dec 15, 2010
Dacula, Ga
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
@BMP7777 Yeah sorry about just posting issues without an explanation. I usually try to figure stuff out on my own but when I saw someone else with the same issue I kinda piggybacked on it.

So this is what happened with the previous two builds I've installed (1.253 & 1.261)...I unrooted and relocked my phone this past weekend. The first time I unlocked my phone I had used teenybins after a FreeGee soft brick issue. So I wanted to go through the process of rooting and unlocking the phone one more time using FreeGee to see if it made any difference (See if it fixed the camera focus issue or the flashing stock/AOSP quirk). So I rooted the phone successfully and unlocked using FreeGee successfully (YAY!). I did a factory reset, went to advanced wipe, and wiped all four options like 3 times. I installed 1.253 version and the BAnks GApps. Booted the phone, signed in, and let all my apps redownload from google play. Everything seemed well until I tried turning bluetooth on. It's very weird. I selected ON, it switches to ON and but immediately switches back to OFF o_O... I had been running this version perfectly fine prior to the unroot/relock so I did not understand why this was not working. So, I had saved the backup I had prior to unroot/relock. I transferred it back to my phone, restored the backup, and all was well. Yesterday when I tried the new build I did the factory reset and avanced wipe 3x. And the first thing I did was check to see if I could turn bluetooth on and the same glitch occurred :(.

So I did a dirty flash. From my 1.253 backup I went to advanced wipe and wiped Cache, System, and Dalvik Cache. Flashed the ROM and rebooted. Bluetooth works fine. So what I will try, is I will try unlocking with TeenyBins again to see if it makes a difference. I'll probably try this weekend though.

Also, I really like the new boot animation but is there any way you can change the desc.txt file to that it will play in full screen? Right now it's set to 480x800 but if you set it to 768x1280 it should look way better :)

Thanks again for all your work man! Loving this ROM!!! :victory:

Your unlock issues sound exactly like what I went through getting mine unlocked. You have balls; I never wanted to go through that process again. I've never wiped ALL FOUR choices in Advanced; not sure if that has bearing or not. I wipe factory, then dalvik and cache. And the biggest jumps I have made have been going from my Beanstalk to my JellyBeer or CM10/Linaro. I have never had success using any other ROMs but EOS and Chameleon. Honestly, I have enough trouble maintaining these ROMs in a timely fashion, I can't and don't particularly want to spend hours trying to get function on some of the more stock ROMs. No offense to anyone and since I feel this way, I completely understand the frustration that some feel at the hassle it can be to come to one of these ROMs from others. But, as it stands, there just aren't enough hours in the day. I DO care though, and want to help all of us get stable and fully functional ROMs to make chronic flashing fun again!

Keep forgetting to fix that bootani size. I had just gotten 1.260 built when .261 was released; right now I am just trying to keep up! But, I'll get that handled as soon as I can. Be cool:cool:

mistermidas

Apr 6, 2011
If you still want to try to run this ROM, or any of the other ones I make, try my steps above. See if flashing to this ROM and then wiping and flashing the same ROM fresh a second time has any bearing on your issue. If this is too much hassle, I totally understand. But, as I said, we have tried many other fixes and yet so many coming from other ROMs are having problems. When the stock ROMs cause trouble, I think being in a stock ROM going to another would be a potential fix. The idea is the same here. But, since I don't have these issues, I'm not the one to be able to verify. Let me know if this helps or if you don't want to mess with it. We are making progress in eventually having completely stable custom ROMs, but for now, we need as many willing 'fix testers' as possible.....

I'll try that process once I get home later. Right now I just went ahead and switched back to my pure stock, rooted ROM. Its boring as hell, but honestly it's the only ROM I've used that I've never had any issues/bugs with. Well, except on the stock messaging app....but I use GO SMS now so its irrelevant. But, the ROM does look really nice and since Rootbox isnt being officially maintained anymore, I'd love trying this one....I'll let you know how it goes later.

BMP7777

Dec 15, 2010
Dacula, Ga
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
I'll try that process once I get home later. Right now I just went ahead and switched back to my pure stock, rooted ROM. Its boring as hell, but honestly it's the only ROM I've used that I've never had any issues/bugs with. Well, except on the stock messaging app....but I use GO SMS now so its irrelevant. But, the ROM does look really nice and since Rootbox isnt being officially maintained anymore, I'd love trying this one....I'll let you know how it goes later.

YOU AND ME BOTH ON THE MESSAGING ISSUE! That was one of the reasons I kept at it and eventually decided to try and build. I personally have never had as many functionality issues from an out-of-the-box ROM EVER. I know that you can get one of my ROMs to work properly for you and once you get here, you probably won't want to leave. We need to get together and come up with a list of verifiable steps that give complete functionality - or as close as we can get these days. Try to flash, run for a few, and backup. Then, run a wipe and install of new ROM(mine or someone else's; makes no difference as long as its a custom and 4.2.2) Go through start up process and note any bugs. Restore backup and then wipe and reinstall. This is a HUGE PITA, so I understand if you or anyone else would rather use something different. But, I am all but positive that the difference between 4.1.2 stock ROMs and 4.2.2 custom ROMs plays an important part in the problems we all go through. Anyone who takes the time to follow these steps, PLEASE post your findings, one way or another, in any ROM you use. If this whole process doesn't do anything positive for you, I apologize in advance for wasting your time. But, we need to be able to see what this shows, good or bad.......

Another thing worth repeating is that in my personal experience, any time I have installed one of my own ROMs and had a functionality issue of ANY kind(FC, crash, or just app not working), a full wipe and reflash did the trick. That is part of my mindset in requesting these long and stupid sounding steps........

Last edited:
Reactions: knappenberger79
May 17, 2008
Tampa Bay Area, Florida
As long as my install is done according to BMP7777's instructions and my wipe is also done according to instructions (never dirty flash) and consideration is taken about what ROM my device is coming from and I install/wipe accordingly, I have never had a problem with anything in this ROM, runs like a champ. I have only had problems because of, or relating to teeny bins and freegee...oh and once when i flashed to a lifeless ROM...when I had data or GPS issues, (dont recall having blue tooth issues) I flashed back to stock, updated all the system updates and got a lock when I came back to this ROM. If something was funky or I was having problems, I wiped everything as stated in this thread. If things get real funky and messed up ill wipe everything including internal storage and use LGNPST for a super fresh install and start over and everything works fine. Probably not everyones cup of tea but ive done it so many times , I can soft brick it and have it rooted and freegee'ed with a custom Rom in a heart beat. With that said I have flashed all your roms BMP7777, and I was surprised at how good they were so quickly in relation to time and quality and lack of bugs. So kudos to you brother, I appreciate all your work and everything is running smooth. Keep it up!

mistermidas

Apr 6, 2011
YOU AND ME BOTH ON THE MESSAGING ISSUE! That was one of the reasons I kept at it and eventually decided to try and build. I personally have never had as many functionality issues from an out-of-the-box ROM EVER. I know that you can get one of my ROMs to work properly for you and once you get here, you probably won't want to leave. We need to get together and come up with a list of verifiable steps that give complete functionality - or as close as we can get these days. Try to flash, run for a few, and backup. Then, run a wipe and install of new ROM(mine or someone else's; makes no difference as long as its a custom and 4.2.2) Go through start up process and note any bugs. Restore backup and then wipe and reinstall. This is a HUGE PITA, so I understand if you or anyone else would rather use something different. But, I am all but positive that the difference between 4.1.2 stock ROMs and 4.2.2 custom ROMs plays an important part in the problems we all go through. Anyone who takes the time to follow these steps, PLEASE post your findings, one way or another, in any ROM you use. If this whole process doesn't do anything positive for you, I apologize in advance for wasting your time. But, we need to be able to see what this shows, good or bad.......

Another thing worth repeating is that in my personal experience, any time I have installed one of my own ROMs and had a functionality issue of ANY kind(FC, crash, or just app not working), a full wipe and reflash did the trick. That is part of my mindset in requesting these long and stupid sounding steps........

Ok, update. So, got home and tried all of your instructions step by step to no avail. Bluetooth still didnt work...but THEN, I said to myself "Let me try...to see if fixing permissions works..." So, I rebooted to recovery (TWRP) fixed permissions...and BAM, that sh*& worked!! I was kinda happy and pissed at the same time though. Happy because it was such a simple solution, but pissed because I took so much time doing everything else to get it fixed first. Its weird though because I've NEVER needed to fix permissions to get bluetooth working...so odd.

So, to anyone in the future having a bluetooth glitch issue with bluetooth not staying on. Reboot to recovery, and fix permissions and you SHOULD be good to go. Now that I got that working, I can try this ROM out and see what it has to offer! :good: :D

gary2smart

Apr 28, 2012
After loading new ROMs fixing permission has become an extra step for me always.:)

gary2smart

Apr 28, 2012
A friend of mine from the Gnex forum has promised to get me the apk for updating the PRL and activating the phone is it possible to have you bake it in the next update.

mistermidas

Apr 6, 2011
Ok so now that I've got Bluetooth to work, I've been using the ROM now for the last couple days and I absolutely love all the options. This ROM is at least as good, if not better than Rootbox and that was the only aosp ROM I could run for more than a day without bugs....bugging the hell outta me.

The ONLY issue I have with this ROM, which is one of the same issues I experienced on Rootbox, is when I run the script for the camera fix, sometimes I will get a soft reboot when I back out/exit the camera. So far, that is the only time over the last couple days I've experienced any sort of random reboot at all on this ROM which is excellent honestly. But, I did notice that if I edited the camera script a lil and removed the "force close sm manager" line, I get the reboots a lot less often. Maybe, 1/10 of the time instead of 1/3 of the time.

I'm not familiar with how to post logcats, but if someone tells me how I can send one of the next time I have that error occur. Just PM me, or post a quick rundown how to do it or something. The camera bug though is annoying, but not really a deal breaker since sometimes I can go a day or two without using my camera at all. But when I take vacations or do something worth remembering...I do fire up the camera a lot more.

But overall, fantastic work on the ROM...besides the camera focus bug....which I hhhpopppeee gets fixed soon on all these aosp ROMs, and the soft reboot from backing out the camera...everything else has been excellent. :thumbup::beer:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

cooltext1045131996_zps8ad45176.png

Presents :

fe799567-cc8f-4686-8b7a-824230c87c21_zps74fb7a04.jpg

This is only my compilation; all the real work was done by scott.hart.bti :

"I am proud to present to you BeanStalk Builds put together by myself. This is a build composed off of the CM10.1 builds and i have added alot of features on top of it. So you get speed, stability, and ultra customization ability. Many of the additional code additions came from slim ROM and also Derteufels build and have been modified to work with my current setup. A huge thanks to Derteufel and the Slim ROM guys for their work and dedication. Also a big thanks to everyone involved with CM as that is the building stone in this project. Thanks to skyliner33v for the bootanimation and upcoming wallpapers!

I plan on updating this and adding features on a pretty regular basis, so if you happen to like this, keep checking back.
    "

Like what you see? Click the thanks button or Donate to scott.hart.bti by clicking HERE

The original Beanstalk thread can be found here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2091900

Feature List.
    ... Its a long one and growing every day!

CM based
    Lockscreen background options (Color fill, Custom image, Transparent)
    Customizable Lockscreen text color
    Lockscreen rotation
    Option to enable all widgets
    Minimize lockscreen challange
    Use widget carousel
    Slider Shortcuts
    Static Lockscreen shortcuts
    Lockscreen button actions
    LCD Density
    Scroll elasticity options
    Default App grip option
    Custom Carrier label
    Dual Pane options
    Customizable boot animation (off, default, set your own bootanimation)
    Custom original BeanStalk Wallpapers by skyliner33v
    Custom BeanStalk bootanimation by skyliner33v
    Status bar color and transparency
    Clock and date options which includes color, location, style
    Signal Styles which include color and text instead of icons, alternate GB signal layout, hide signal icons
    Breathing SMS option
    Battery styles - Includes specific colors and styles. Also includes battery bar
    Do not disturb option
    Show notification count
    Pie controls (need to have lockscreen background set to something other then default to work correctly (dont ask why) )
    Fully customizable navigation bar - Includes style, layout, color, nav rings, pretty much everything you can think of.
    Quick settings color settings, tiles per row, Quick pulldown, text color
    Notification shortcuts, behaviour, drawer style (customizable colors), toggle colors, longpress quicksettings icon to enable/disable toggles
    Keyboard and input method options which include disable full screen keyboard and auto rotate
    Kil app back button with customizable timeout values
    High end graphic effects option
    option to disable/enable vibrate on expand for notifications alerts
    Low battery warning customizable options
    Recents RAM bar fully customizable with color styles
    Clock widget for LockClock including extra options to fully customize every feature of the lockclock
    Build.prop MOD options to enable/disable tweaks as preferred
    Less frequent Notification sounds options
    CRT screen off/on options to specify how the animation shows
    Enable/disable wake up on charge option
    Superuser fully embedded into the build and accessed from settings menu
    CM Performance options and features
    About BeanStalk option with links to github source and facebook for beanstalk. Also links to my twitter and donate.
    insane amount of edits/tweaks/fixes to make this build absolutely fly
    option to use a fully themable MMS packages. You can access from mms - settings - theme settings
    Numerous other options hiding throughout the build

Trouble Alerts/Workarounds:

If you get a screen flicker, disable HW overlays in settings/developer options

GPS and CAMERA issues can occasionally be found here. Lack of GPS lock can be addressed by flashing stock ROMs and locking there, then flashing custom ROMs. Look it up.

Stock camera should have full and complete functionality after flashing this ROM. If you do not, you either need to reflash with a full wipe, or you may be that one percent that just has an issue. It happens, unfortunately. Please do not spam the thread with continuous questions about these two issues.

IF YOU HAVE PROBLEMS AND NEED HELP, PLEASE TAKE THE TIME TO PROVIDE DETAILED INFORMATION AS TO NOT ONLY WHAT YOUR CIRCUMSTANCES ARE, BUT THE STEPS TAKEN TO GET THERE AND FIXES ALREADY ATTEMPTED. IT GOES WITHOUT SAYING THAT YOU SHOULD TRY TO WORK OUT YOUR ISSUES ON YOUR OWN BEFORE POSTING QUESTIONS. THIS IS THE ONLY WAY TO LEARN, AND IT WOULD BE CONSIDERED AN INSULT TO ALL WHO 'WORK' HERE TO NOT BE INTERESTED IN LEARNING HOW TO INTERACT WITH YOUR DEVICE. HAVE A NICE DAY. :cool:

Fixes :

STOCK CAMERA FIX THAT GIVES 12.8 and 13mp PICTURES!! Crystal clear! - Thanks to xboxfanj

Camera Mod O/C - boosts every aspect of this application - Thanks to Crwolv

CallTracker fix - solves in-call issues - Thanks to Shellnut

Downloads:

***** If coming from Lifeless or another stock ROM, make sure that you have followed all relevant instructions for flashing custom ROMs over stock ROMs. Look here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2050582 *****

*** FOR BEST RESULTS, ALWAYS WIPE SYSTEM, DALVIK, AND CACHE BEFORE FLASHING. DIRTY FLASHING IS NOT ADVISED, EVEN IF COMING FROM A FORMER VERSION OF THIS ROM.***

***Banks Gapps 4.3***: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B61hCCweYIP1MTBuR1lGSnZEUVU/edit?pli=1

***Beanstalk 4.3.075*** - 9/15/13

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B61hCCweYIP1TWVTNDRBTTl0RVk/edit?pli=1

BeanStalk 4.3.075 - 9/9/2013

Optimized/cleaned lockscreen code
    Updated profiles settings
    Added .75 and .25 animation scales
    Couple wifi fixes
    Ported statusbar brightness slider (notification drawer styles) from AOKP rom control
    Statusbar brightness slider (finger slide across statusbar style)
    Updated colorpicker and layout for powerwidget color options
    Removed dithering option
    Added lock before unlock
    Camera/Gallery options from slimrom. Smart control, jpeg quality settings, color effects, etc.
    As usual, numerous fixes throughout the build.

* More HALO changes and fixes.
    * Make quiet hours options better. Ringer options and general fixes.
    * Selinux support merged into frameworks/settings
    * Added options for touchkey light duration (devs this requires overlay config in device side)
    * Added fast charge tile and power widget (devs this requires overlay config in device side)
    * Added external GPS options
    * Option to automatically reply to sms while in quiet hours mode
    * Numerous fixes and improvements throughout the build.
    * Im sure i forgot alot of other things that ill probably think of eventually

BeanStalk 1.275 - Vanilla build - 7/21/2013

Direct Goo link: http://tinyw.in/wC3e

* New dialer
    * Make contacts aware of blacklist settings
    * Option to hangup and dialback from incallscreen
    * Prompt when MMS storage is full
    * Third part installing while HALO is active has been fixed
    * Make shutdown receivers a priority
    * Specify notification types for auto hide statusbar
    * BeanStalk battery style and BeanStalk percent style. Thanks skyliner!
    * Specify notification types for QS quick pulldown check
    * Make Go to sleep tile/widget act just like the power button
    * HALO - Keep apps in recents
    * Recents RAM circle
    * halo can save last position now
    * activate qs and notifications toggle for navring
    * Add an option to allow a (subtle) notification vibration during calls
    * Add option to hide music controls in lockscreen
    * add reset option to clock color and cleanup
    * Changed the way that date format selector is shown
    * Allow user to trigger a volume rescan
    * Introduce Privacy Guard Manager
    * Removed unnecesary tweaks and set some options at boot (similar to CM setup)

BeanStalk 1.261 - Vanilla build - 7/01/2013

Dev-Host Link : http://d-h.st/6Es

Direct Goo link: http://tinyw.in/r38n

* Brand new bootanimation by skyliner!!! Make sure you show your appreciation to him!
    * RamBar fixed (Broken on 1.260)
    * RamBar shows GB instead of MB if applicable (Chrisc93vt)
    * Gesture based lockscreen security option (lockscreen - screenlocks - gesture)
    * Overlay to enable ADB as default for developmental purposes. (builders only)
    * Quick Peek fixed (slimrom)
    * Change Jellybean to BeanStalk in hidden easter egg
    * Flying jellybeans changed to beanstalks and tacos!
    * 2g/3g profile connections profile options
    * Updates for torch
    * Profile picker activity added (option available from deskclock alarms)
    * Numerous improvements for HALO colors/effects! Added back BeanStalk drawable for HALO
    * Option to enable/disable custom HALO colors.
    * Added CM Privacy guard
    * statusbar/notification drawer speed up
    * DeskClock user defined world cities options

More to come as soon as I can keep up with the updates!

Beanstalk 1.253 - Vanilla build - 6/26/13 - http://d-h.st/pJ0 - Built as designed(No apps or tweaks)

BeanStalk 1.253 - 6/24/2013
    * Fixed Misc Settings (ram bar and keyboard - Sorry about that!)
    * HALO styles - Option to set different colors for the HALO floater (Credit @ daxxmax)
    * Added 6 new battery styles - Credit @ Bajee11
    * Reverted back to CM status bar drawables
    * Add bluetooth triggers to profiles
    * Clear recents side switcher (Credit @ andros11)
    * Master switch to enable/disable HALO
    * Configurable home button wake option
    * Navring, Navbar, PIE code cleanups
    * Removed status bar swipte and replaced with status bar quick peek (basically the same)
    * Expand profiles (ability to specify power menu behaviour)
    * Close notification panel when swiping away the last clearable
    notification
    * Numerous fixes and improvements across the build

More to come as I have time......

Older builds

Beanstalk 1.240 - vanilla :http://d-h.st/QqO - Built as designed(No apps or tweaks)

Beanstalk 1.240 ++:http://d-h.st/BcM - Built with even more extras to offer the ultimate custom experience

Extras
    (on ++ version only)

Apps

Adobe Flash

Sprint Voicemail

Font Installer w/ 650+ fonts
    Be aware that some fonts don't install properly due to size. Always do a backup, and if you get a bootloop, restore and try another

Seeder Entropy apk. - significantly reduces lag without battery drain

Zip Installer

Sony Bravia 3 Engine

Init. tweaks

Ad Blocker

ramtweak - Boosts RAM

logdelete - Cleans log files and tombstones every boot

darky_zipalign - zipalign apps in /system every boot

zipaligndata - zipalign apps in /data every 48 hours

sqlite_optimize - optimizes database of apps every 48 hours

Special thanks to Slaid480 for these tweaks

All builds can also be found at Goo.im, here :

http://goo.im/devs/BMP7777/LGOG Beanstalk builds

Instructions

YOU MUST BE ROOTED, UNLOCKED, AND UPDATED TO ZVB TO RUN THIS ROM! To accomplish these goals, look here:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2050582

* Download ROM, Gapps(Banks), and place in internal stroage

* BACKUP EFS (TWRP or FreeGee)

* Reboot to recovery

* Wipe Data and Dalvik and cache - wipe all three 3x and re-flash if you experience any boot issues

* Flash ROM and Gapps

* Wipe dalvik and cache and fix permissions before reboot

* Reboot, Sign in , and restore

* Profit....

beanstalk1_zps3de24b89.jpg

beanstalk2_zps81c13ef0.png

beanstalk5_zpsde55d77b.png

Special Thanks:

scott.hart.bti
    xboxfanj
    Rlasalle15
    Shelnutt2
    spleef
    Crwolv
    VeNuM
    willl03
    car vs driver

Donations:

ajudd4u
    emiliojlaf

Thank you!!

If you have issues........

Edit so i tried downloading the regular version and not the ++ and i didnt get the same message so i tried downloading a new copy off ++ and it still says Unfortunately System UI has stopped

Are you performing a full and complete wipe before installation? The only time I got an error like that was dirty flashing from a former Beanstalk without a full wipe. Dirty flashing is no longer a good idea, even if you have been using this ROM since it began.

FOR EVERYONE WHO USES THIS ROM, FROM NOW ON PERFORM A FULL AND COMPLETE WIPE BEFORE FLASHING, NO MATTER WHAT.

Also, two other things:

1)GPS and CAMERA issues are DEVICE-SPECIFIC issues, not ROM-SPECIFIC issues. As such, it is the flashers responsibility to research fixes before flashing any custom ROM. I have addressed this more than once; everyone needs to take the time to go through the threads before posting problems with these two areas here.

2) I never thought I would catch myself saying this, but what is the deal with all these downloads and questions about this and that and not ONE 'thanks' since this new ROM version was released? I don't normally care about receiving thanks for my work, but there seems to be a whole lot of interest but not enough for a little click to say that you like the work. If you try it and hate it, well, then I can totally understand. But, if you like the work, at least hit a quick thanks. It tells me that I'm doing this for something. I appreciate it.

Thanks to all those who have addressed and answered problem questions over the last day or so; I needed to take a break.

If you need help with this or any other ROM, use the little 'search this thread' box in the top right corner. It is very helpful.

*** If you are coming from Lifeless ROM, be prepared for possible issues and research the problem before posting yet another question. I try to be patient about this, but it has reached the point where I feel I need to politely ask that you do some of your own homework here. Myself and everyone else here do this for free. Not trying to turn into a jag, but most of the questions in the last page have been asked and answered more than once. Sooooooo, please do some of your own leg work before posting a question. I have absolutely no problem helping any that need it, but we need to start cutting down on the repeats and questions about camera or GPS. I don't bother to post fixes for device-specific issues due to space in the OP; but it is also expected that you looked over the threads before coming to a custom ROM.

ONE MORE TIME FOR THE CHEAP SEATS:

We have come farther with the camera in the last week then in the entire time these ROMs have been available. YOU SHOULD HAVE A FUNCTIONAL CAMERA(AUTO-FOCUS, ETC) AT THE POINT OF FLASHING. IF YOU DO NOT, CHANCES ARE YOU NEED TO WIPE AND REFLASH.

The GPS has been and will continue to be an issue for the forseeable future. The good news is there is an easy fix the only requires a quick flash to a stock ROM. LOOK IT UP.

IF YOU HAVE PROBLEMS AND NEED HELP, PLEASE TAKE THE TIME TO PROVIDE DETAILED INFORMATION AS TO NOT ONLY WHAT YOUR CIRCUMSTANCES ARE, BUT THE STEPS TAKEN TO GET THERE AND FIXES ALREADY ATTEMPTED. IT GOES WITHOUT SAYING THAT YOU SHOULD TRY TO WORK OUT YOUR ISSUES ON YOUR OWN BEFORE POSTING QUESTIONS. THIS IS THE ONLY WAY TO LEARN, AND IT WOULD BE CONSIDERED AN INSULT TO ALL WHO 'WORK' HERE TO NOT BE INTERESTED IN LEARNING HOW TO INTERACT WITH YOUR DEVICE. HAVE A NICE DAY. :cool:
    Happy Fourth of July!

Much respect and honor for all those who help defend our country and independence.

american-flag-2a_zps850f418c.jpg
    New Build in OP

BeanStalk 1.261 - Vanilla build - 7/01/2013 - http://d-h.st/6Es

* Brand new bootanimation by skyliner!!! Make sure you show your appreciation to him!
    * RamBar fixed (Broken on 1.260)
    * RamBar shows GB instead of MB if applicable (Chrisc93vt)
    * Gesture based lockscreen security option (lockscreen - screenlocks - gesture)
    * Overlay to enable ADB as default for developmental purposes. (builders only)
    * Quick Peek fixed (slimrom)
    * Change Jellybean to BeanStalk in hidden easter egg
    * Flying jellybeans changed to beanstalks and tacos!
    * 2g/3g profile connections profile options
    * Updates for torch
    * Profile picker activity added (option available from deskclock alarms)
    * Numerous improvements for HALO colors/effects! Added back BeanStalk drawable for HALO
    * Option to enable/disable custom HALO colors.
    * Added CM Privacy guard
    * statusbar/notification drawer speed up
    * DeskClock user defined world cities options

More to come as soon as I can keep up with the updates!

All builds can also be found at Goo.im, here :

http://goo.im/devs/BMP7777/LGOG Beanstalk builds
    New Build in OP

Beanstalk 1.253 - Vanilla build - 6/26/13 - http://d-h.st/pJ0 - Built as designed(No apps or tweaks)

BeanStalk 1.253 - 6/24/2013
    * Fixed Misc Settings (ram bar and keyboard - Sorry about that!)
    * HALO styles - Option to set different colors for the HALO floater (Credit @ daxxmax)
    * Added 6 new battery styles - Credit @ Bajee11
    * Reverted back to CM status bar drawables
    * Add bluetooth triggers to profiles
    * Clear recents side switcher (Credit @ andros11)
    * Master switch to enable/disable HALO
    * Configurable home button wake option
    * Navring, Navbar, PIE code cleanups
    * Removed status bar swipte and replaced with status bar quick peek (basically the same)
    * Expand profiles (ability to specify power menu behaviour)
    * Close notification panel when swiping away the last clearable
    notification
    * Numerous fixes and improvements across the build

All credit to scott.hart.bti

More to come as I have time......