[RUU] Google Edition Conversion. 5.0.1 RUU Zip pre-rooted/non-rooted + firmware

Search This thread

graffixnyc

Retired Forum Mod / Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 21, 2011
New York City
www.graffixnyc.com
Go thank @homeslice976 For helping me do the system pull for the 5.0.1 RUU. Since I don't have the device anymore it was a great help!

This will NOT work on a CDMA HTC One GSM ONLY!

This thread is NOT to support changing your MID, Changing your CID, Rooting or Flashing a custom recovery. If you need to learn how to do any of those do NOT use this thread to post in. Post in the respective dedicated threads to complete these processes. This thread is ONLY to support flashing the RUU. Nothing more, nothing less.

This is NOT a general 5.0.1 discussion thread.

Furthermore, if you need any more detailed instructions than what's stated in this post then you really shouldn't be doing this to your device. If you need a "video" or ask for "step by step" instructions you will NOT get anything more than what's in this post (at least from me). There is no easier way to do this process, there is no easier way to explain it. If you read the post and still don't understand what to do then I advise you to leave your phone alone... Read and then read some more until you understand everything.. WE WILL NOT SPOON FEED YOU IN THIS THREAD!

This procedure is not easy and is not really noob friendly, well flashing the RUU is not really difficult but it's the prerequisites that are more complex/risky. If the instructions aren't clear enough for you or you require further hand holding then I'm sure most of us would advise you stay away from the process.

Also, please do not PM me for support. PM's will not be answered. Post it in the thread. It helps other's having the same issue find a solution. If it's over PM it only benefits you and not everyone else

Prerequisites

S-Off,
ADB knowledge
Fastboot knowledge

Instructions:
First you are going to have to have s-off on your device. Thread for S-off (and support for S-off) http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2314582

Full Conversion 5.0.1 RUU ZIP containing System, Boot and all Firmware 5.11.1700.3 Available as pre-rooted and stock non-rooted

This will wipe EVERYTHING INCLUDING YOUR SD CARD so make sure you back up the contents before running this, but you'll end up with a factory-fresh GE. Of course, there's still no support, warranty or responsibility implied or otherwise.

The 5.0.1 RUU Zip supports the following MIDs and CIDs if your MID or CID is not in this list you will have to modify the android-info.txt file in the zip to match your MID/CID

modelid: PN0710000
modelid: PN0711000
modelid: PN0712000
modelid: PN0713000
modelid: PN0714000
modelid: PN071****
cidnum: 11111111
cidnum: T-MOB010
cidnum: CWS__001
cidnum: BS_US001
cidnum: GOOGL001

Code:
adb reboot bootloader

Code:
fastboot oem rebootRUU

Code:
fastboot flash zip RUU-HTC_One_GE-5.0.1-5.11.1700.3.zip

you will the following message:
Code:
FAILED (remote: 90 hboot pre-update! please flush image again immediately)

Just run the same command again:
Code:

Code:
fastboot reboot

Download Links Can be Found on my Website: http://www.graffixnyc.com/m7.php
DO NOT MIRROR
You can also find the 5.0.1 OTA zip, firmware.zip, stock recovery and bootloader on my site as well from the same link above

Disclaimer: I am not responsible if you use this and brick your device or if your device blows up, implodes, or flames start shooting from it or it kills your neighbor's dog. Flash at your own risk. This process is not for the faint of heart so I am not responsible.... It was the other guy... I swear....

Last edited:

gunnyman

Apr 12, 2010
Greenville SC
Graffixnyc had to run off to class, but he and I both wanted to make sure Argenist and the other guys in IRC got thanked properly.

Argenist, man this wouldn't have happened without your help. You're a hero around here to lots of people.
Thanks for trusting us not to brick your brand new phone.

To Daereys, and Originator, and everyone else involved in getting the partitions dumped

Thank you very much!

I haven't had that much fun in IRC in forever. :)

VERY important don't do the procedure in the OP unless you have backed up your STOCK BOOTLOADER

Here are instructions for reversing all of this

Prerequsites:
S-off
1.44 HBoot
RUU for your device

Ok I thought reversing since I had S-off would be a simple affair and maybe I took a misstep along the way but I got it done.
Here's what worked FOR ME.

1) set CID to superCID
2) install the 1.44 Hboot in RUU mode (thanks SneakyGhost) http://d-h.st/qfc
3) install the RUU for your phone/carrier
4) if RUU is unavailable for your carrier, install the 1.44 hboot, one of the stock 1.29 roms, and change CID back to your device's CID
If you changed your MID you'll need to change that back as well.
5) change CID back to your device.

This will take you back to a factory fresh install with 1.44 bootloader

RevOne still works and I retained S-off.

If someone else has an easier way that works, please let me know.

Please NOTE:
Restoring the RUU took a long time and looked like it hung up a couple of times when I ran it. Just let it run.

The following thread from Sneakyghost has everything you ever wanted to know about Hboots and then some. Please read it.
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2316726

Last edited:

mrjaydee82

Apr 5, 2010
Naples, FL
Now if we all were to jump on the bandwagon and flashed this GE bootloader...is sense ROMs still working or will sense ROMs need to be modified?

Sent from my HTC One using xda premium

Reactions: t3chn0s1s

gunnyman

Apr 12, 2010
Greenville SC
Now if we all were to jump on the bandwagon and flashed this GE bootloader...is sense ROMs still working or will sense ROMs need to be modified?

Sent from my HTC One using xda premium

there's no reason to flash this stuff unless you want a full conversion.
I imagine with S-off you can put back your old HBOOT and be fine

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Go thank @homeslice976 For helping me do the system pull for the 5.0.1 RUU. Since I don't have the device anymore it was a great help!

This will NOT work on a CDMA HTC One GSM ONLY!

This thread is NOT to support changing your MID, Changing your CID, Rooting or Flashing a custom recovery. If you need to learn how to do any of those do NOT use this thread to post in. Post in the respective dedicated threads to complete these processes. This thread is ONLY to support flashing the RUU. Nothing more, nothing less.

This is NOT a general 5.0.1 discussion thread.

Furthermore, if you need any more detailed instructions than what's stated in this post then you really shouldn't be doing this to your device. If you need a "video" or ask for "step by step" instructions you will NOT get anything more than what's in this post (at least from me). There is no easier way to do this process, there is no easier way to explain it. If you read the post and still don't understand what to do then I advise you to leave your phone alone... Read and then read some more until you understand everything.. WE WILL NOT SPOON FEED YOU IN THIS THREAD!

This procedure is not easy and is not really noob friendly, well flashing the RUU is not really difficult but it's the prerequisites that are more complex/risky. If the instructions aren't clear enough for you or you require further hand holding then I'm sure most of us would advise you stay away from the process.

Also, please do not PM me for support. PM's will not be answered. Post it in the thread. It helps other's having the same issue find a solution. If it's over PM it only benefits you and not everyone else

Prerequisites

S-Off,
    ADB knowledge
    Fastboot knowledge

Instructions:
    First you are going to have to have s-off on your device. Thread for S-off (and support for S-off) http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2314582

Full Conversion 5.0.1 RUU ZIP containing System, Boot and all Firmware 5.11.1700.3 Available as pre-rooted and stock non-rooted

This will wipe EVERYTHING INCLUDING YOUR SD CARD so make sure you back up the contents before running this, but you'll end up with a factory-fresh GE. Of course, there's still no support, warranty or responsibility implied or otherwise.

The 5.0.1 RUU Zip supports the following MIDs and CIDs if your MID or CID is not in this list you will have to modify the android-info.txt file in the zip to match your MID/CID

modelid: PN0710000
    modelid: PN0711000
    modelid: PN0712000
    modelid: PN0713000
    modelid: PN0714000
    modelid: PN071****
    cidnum: 11111111
    cidnum: T-MOB010
    cidnum: CWS__001
    cidnum: BS_US001
    cidnum: GOOGL001

Code:
    adb reboot bootloader

Code:
    fastboot oem rebootRUU

Code:

you will the following message:
    Code:
    FAILED (remote: 90 hboot pre-update! please flush image again immediately)

Just run the same command again:
    Code:

Code:
    fastboot reboot

Download Links Can be Found on my Website: http://www.graffixnyc.com/m7.php
    DO NOT MIRROR
    You can also find the 5.0.1 OTA zip, firmware.zip, stock recovery and bootloader on my site as well from the same link above

Disclaimer: I am not responsible if you use this and brick your device or if your device blows up, implodes, or flames start shooting from it or it kills your neighbor's dog. Flash at your own risk. This process is not for the faint of heart so I am not responsible.... It was the other guy... I swear....
    Graffixnyc had to run off to class, but he and I both wanted to make sure Argenist and the other guys in IRC got thanked properly.

Argenist, man this wouldn't have happened without your help. You're a hero around here to lots of people.
    Thanks for trusting us not to brick your brand new phone.

To Daereys, and Originator, and everyone else involved in getting the partitions dumped

Thank you very much!

I haven't had that much fun in IRC in forever. :)

VERY important don't do the procedure in the OP unless you have backed up your STOCK BOOTLOADER

Here are instructions for reversing all of this

Prerequsites:
    S-off
    1.44 HBoot
    RUU for your device

Ok I thought reversing since I had S-off would be a simple affair and maybe I took a misstep along the way but I got it done.
    Here's what worked FOR ME.

1) set CID to superCID
    2) install the 1.44 Hboot in RUU mode (thanks SneakyGhost) http://d-h.st/qfc
    3) install the RUU for your phone/carrier
    4) if RUU is unavailable for your carrier, install the 1.44 hboot, one of the stock 1.29 roms, and change CID back to your device's CID
    If you changed your MID you'll need to change that back as well.
    5) change CID back to your device.

This will take you back to a factory fresh install with 1.44 bootloader

RevOne still works and I retained S-off.

If someone else has an easier way that works, please let me know.

Please NOTE:
    Restoring the RUU took a long time and looked like it hung up a couple of times when I ran it. Just let it run.

The following thread from Sneakyghost has everything you ever wanted to know about Hboots and then some. Please read it.
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2316726
    Seriously can't you guys just wait? When I get home I will get everything sorted for a complete conversion. Give an inch and everyone wants a yard. Smh..maybe its because I'm drunk at the bar with my classmates and professor.
    Here is the full RUU (including SBL images). This will wipe everything, but you'll end up with a factory-fresh GE. Of course, there's still no support, warranty or responsibility implied or otherwise.

http://d-h.st/AnA

MD5 (RUU-HTC_One_GE-2.14.1700.15.zip) = 01e98e27bca4ffb4bbbbeaea6d2ddecc

This RUU contains all GE images (adsp, boot, hboot, sbl1, sbl2, sbl3, radio, recovery, rpm, sp1, system, tp, tz) from a GE dump.

You must be S-OFF, either SuperCID or GOOGL001 and know what you are doing. (Don't blindly run these commands.)

adb reboot bootloader
    fastboot oem rebootRUU
    fastboot flash zip RUU-HTC_One_GE-2.14.1700.15.zip
    fastboot flash zip RUU-HTC_One_GE-2.14.1700.15.zip
    fastboot reboot
    uncon - great work, thanks for this.

Quick question, there are lots of questions about what the sbl1, 2 and 3 are. I also do not know and despite research, Google is not helping. Can you explain what they are please?

I'd typically ignore a question like this as this should be easy enough to google, but I can relate to your plight with this one. SBL is the "Secondary Boot Loader" which is a part of the bootloader chain. The different numbers are the different stages and are run/called in order.