Why would you buy the 32gb model when you can use otg usb?

Search This thread

mortzz

Jan 14, 2010
Because I don't want to carry a bunch of extra peripherals and have junk dangling from my tablet.

Darkness Falls

Jul 26, 2013
New York
Because of course no one Will like to have wire hanging out your device and also internal flash is way faster than usb also pendrive sucks huge amount of battery every time you use it

Liked My Suggestion Please Use Thanks Button

jayrocndc

Mar 24, 2013
Washington, DC
Basically what every one else said the price difference is so low why not have the extra onboard storage. I really don't carrying around extra stuff as it is. Its sorta why I refuse to buy a laptop with a DVD drive, because I know I'd end up buying an external one because all my media is not in the cloud, especially the things I do for work.

oilfighter

Nov 17, 2005
convenience. Do you really want to have a tail hanging out of the bottom of the device everytime you want to watch a movie?

Mar 3, 2012
Because it'd rather not have to rely on having a usb stick/hard drive plugged in every time I want to watch something

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

jayochs

Jul 22, 2010
Central NJ
www.dinosaurstakefrance.com
because it was what, 40 dollars more? what a silly question. I have a 16 gig s4 with a 64 gig card. I need space. my old nexus was 32. my HTC dna is only 16 with no card and at every given moment I only have like 700mb free. it's awful.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Nbsss

Aug 11, 2012
Google Pixel 7 Pro
I wanted the 32gb, but it was out of stock.
Now knowing that usb otg works i have no regrets though - i think it was a better choice actually!
I'm importing this thing so an extra $40 = more like $60, and i never had any space issues with my old 16gb n7.
Also backed the microsd kickstarter, which is very compact and can store my 64gb sandisk with media on it.
It takes like half a min to copy over a movie to internal and you're done.
Also being able to access and manage files without the need to plug my n7 to a PC (when i want to add a movie) is so much easier, just plug in the portable hard drive and play...
There are some really portable otg cables out there, mine is smaller than an average usb drive.

Unused space = wasted space, so no regrets...

detonation

Jan 20, 2010
Wisconsin
I got the 16GB. My 32GB original N7 was never filled past halfway. All my music is on my phone and when I watch something on it, it's usually via netflix. If I really need that space for some reason (long plane ride or something) I can deal with the OTG cable sticking out.

drose6102

Oct 27, 2010
I got the 16GB. My 32GB original N7 was never filled past halfway. All my music is on my phone and when I watch something on it, it's usually via netflix. If I really need that space for some reason (long plane ride or something) I can deal with the OTG cable sticking out.

Same thing here

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

jxr94

Jun 15, 2010
Nandroid backups will add up, especially since this thing has a 1080p screen. Idk how I'd feel about restoring a backup through USB otg.

teh roxxorz

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Nov 21, 2010
because im rich?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda premium

Personally, since it has no sd card, I played it safe. My music alone would never fill it up, though i have some ~ 3,900 songs.

When I load up game of thrones, it takes some space. I'd use my otg for long trips or if i won't have access for a while.

Also, you can't use otg without an app that will mount it, currently, until its enabled in custom roms.

kayone73

Nov 12, 2012
Los Angeles
Indeed, loading up movies & videos for viewing while travelling, it eats up space fast. For an extra $40 seems silly not to opt for the 32gb if one had the availability and choice.

Sent from my HTC One Sinless ver 2.7 Google Edition rom

finalhit

Jan 12, 2009
Moral of the thread

Different strokes for different folks

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

conan1600

Jan 9, 2011
I am actually a big fan of secure cloud. Netflix and YouTube, Hulu, and other less known sites. I have many devices but I don't think I've gone beyond 8 on any. Just not a prob for me. But I can see where it would be for some. I have like more books on nook than I can readily count, music, games and when it comes to backup's I push to PC, usually wirelessly lol. I find it safer to store on PC plus no room issues. This is a play with device to hold me till the big boys start popping out and I'm frugal. That said I'm coming to like her much more than I thought I would. When this tab gets a few more mods it will really be a beauty.

Like the man said, different strokes.

Top Liked Posts