Where do YOU take your Nexus 7?

Search This thread

Philaphlous

Aug 5, 2013
Thought this would be good fun and information gathering to post where everyone takes their new nexus 7 with them...

Normal places:
Work
Around the house
On trips and vacations
Starbucks

Unusual places:
Use it as my shopping list at the store
The mall, every store has WiFi, connected the entire time at the mall
Around the yard, why not

I find the new nexus to have some more functionality with it being smaller and lighter, I find I feel its less of a hassle to bring it anywhere. Feels like a large phone. Lol

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

konez90

Apr 30, 2013
Around the house
Relatives
Shopping, use it for list
Bathroom!

If I am ever off wifi and need data, just tether it to my phone and we are good to go.

Lpuboy87

Jun 12, 2012
NYC
My N7 is always with me when I travel, which is often :victory: or at school to view my class notes which our teachers give us that are all in pdf.

AnarchoXen

Aug 14, 2010
USA
Hey, can you recommend a mounting device? Also, what kind of a bike do you have?

I would recommend NOT taking your device to a lake in a canoe.... Or anything electronic, for that matter.

I am using the RAM Mount X-Grip, RAM-HOL-UN8BU and one of the U Bolts to attach to the handle bars. Bike is a 2010 Triumph Tiger 1050 SE :good:

I'll skip the canoe...:)

RAM-HOL-UN8BU2.jpg

Last edited:

jhom52

Apr 5, 2011
Dallas, TX
At present, the N7 is homebound. However, it has helped me spend less time in the computer room and more time on the couch. :laugh: I'm wondering about the N7 LTE. Will it be possible to effectively and comfortably substitute the N7 LTE for my daily driver smartphone? :confused:

cyberprodigy

Jun 17, 2013
I use it at my house mostly but I also use it to play games on the go. I have an iPad 3 with Verizon that has tethering enabled so I usually just tether to that and I'm on my merry way.

andrawer

Jun 3, 2011
I am using the RAM Mount X-Grip, RAM-HOL-UN8BU and one of the U Bolts to attach to the handle bars. Bike is a 2010 Triumph Tiger 1050 SE :good:

I'll skip the canoe...:)

Thanks for the tip!
I have a '07 Tiger 1050 which I've always attached my smarphones for gps'ing but never thought of doing that with my New Nexus 7! Can't wait...guess I'll just tether it to my phone for live maps. Awesome.

AnarchoXen

Aug 14, 2010
USA
Thanks for the tip!
I have a '07 Tiger 1050 which I've always attached my smarphones for gps'ing but never thought of doing that with my New Nexus 7! Can't wait...guess I'll just tether it to my phone for live maps. Awesome.

Another Tiger!!

You can cache the maps locally I think. Select and area and type ok maps. I also just downloaded CoPilotLive. That should solve the need for a network connection as the 1.3GB of maps are stored locally. Stay safe!

DireWolfZero

Aug 10, 2013
Los Angeles, CA
Home
Work
Kitchen (while cooking, for recipes)
Friends
Car
Market
Bed

If there is no WiFi I usually just tether from my RAZR HD..

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium HD app

alias_j

Oct 7, 2010
Nice! Can you past a picture with it on your bike?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app

Top Liked Posts