[Official] Galaxy S4 Active*Reference Page* All the links and discusion you need

Search This thread

joshuadjohnson22

Oct 27, 2011
Atlanta
Sorry for spamming the att thread, but I noticed a couple of ppl with the international sgs4 active.
Just wanna say cwm and the first rom has trickled out. Could use more people working on it, though.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2395242

Let me know if there's a thread for the international version to spam in instead... It's a little confusing without a proper forum to post in.

also, get that bootloader unlocked, guys. :)

Even though it is bitter sweet. I am so glad to see development on the Active. Hopefully one day we can flash and play. Keep up the good work!

kjfan985

Feb 3, 2013
I love CyanogenMod hmmm maybe I should have bought that i9295 version...I actually don't mind touchwiz tho hopefully soon we can get this worked out so us who are stuck on mf1 won't be left behind...:good:

Milenko2121

Jul 24, 2011
Which ROMs actually work for the active? Just bought it and I'm a little confused because none of the ROMs state which version of the device they are meant for.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using xda app-developers app

joshuadjohnson22

Oct 27, 2011
Atlanta
Which ROMs actually work for the active? Just bought it and I'm a little confused because none of the ROMs state which version of the device they are meant for.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using xda app-developers app

Roms only work with the international i9295 because it has an unlocked bootloader, ours is locked so it is not for us

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk 4

Hey active users if ur stuck on mf1 or mf2 finally figured how to update, 1st u nust return completely back to stock, so I hope u have back ups of apps that were installed, next TURN OFFFFFF UsB debugging now update!
Not much of a diference with update but its kool nowin that I can get the 4.2.3 release wich is supposably comin soon for our active

joshuadjohnson22

Oct 27, 2011
Atlanta
Hey active users if ur stuck on mf1 or mf2 finally figured how to update, 1st u nust return completely back to stock, so I hope u have back ups of apps that were installed, next TURN OFFFFFF UsB debugging now update!
Not much of a diference with update but its kool nowin that I can get the 4.2.3 release wich is supposably comin soon for our active

do you need to do anything else? Modify build.prop..... anything? I'm going to replace the One Click ODIN link with a mini tutorial so I need this info

joshuadjohnson22

Oct 27, 2011
Atlanta
How to restore to factory MF1 (Warning this is a pre-release version with no way to update MF3 yet. Once a way is found I will update this post)

Thanks to designgears for posting the ODIN, and the anonymous user that provided designgears with it.

1. Download the ODIN flash from here (this is the pre-release MF1 firmware)
2. Extract using the password from the website above
3. Put your device in download mode by rebooting while holding volume down
4. Run ODIN and enjoy

Last edited:

paleh0rse

Jan 4, 2011
So the MF3 update drama has been officially squashed?

That's great news! :)

Now we just need to unlock the damn boot loader...

kjfan985

Feb 3, 2013
here's a screen shot of the build prop on mf2 I am going to try it as soon as the odin download's ( I have slow internet ) if any one need's screen shot or wants me to copy the whole log of mf2 build prop I will

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-08-07-18-13-08_zps762da4f6.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-08-07-18-13-08_zps762da4f6.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 135

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Important links for the Galaxy S4 active:

Get 50% off Samsung Accessories by registering here

***Software Mod links***

Nottach + Xposed Framework works here

Get Google Wallet here

Original boot animation mod here

Phone Call Recording here

Speed up TouchWiz Mod here

If I left anything out let me know!

Reviews and stuff:

***********************************************************************************************************
    Videos:

Unboxing

My initial post-unboxing thoughts

My screen comparison with the HTC One

Water Test

S4 Compared to the S4 Active

***********************************************************************************************************

Finally a galaxy we can view in the sunlight with the LCD. This is what I have been waiting for :). Ugly buttons and 8 mp camera but I will take it.
    What do you think? It would make me mad if I had the S4, kinda like the skyrocket with the s2. I say hurry up and release AT&T....

(I hid the below photos because the pictures are big and cause annoyance if always up)
    Colors:
    gsmarena_006.jpg

gsmarena_008.jpg

gsmarena_009.jpg

Compared + other pictures:
    gsmarena_002.jpg
    gsmarena_003.jpg

gsmarena_004.jpg

gsmarena_005.jpg

gsmarena_012.jpg

gsmarena_020.jpg

Full review from GSM arena can be found here

http://www.androidcentral.com/samsung-announces-water-resistant-galaxy-s4-active
    http://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_officially_announces_the_galaxy_s4_active-news-6161.php
    People keep saying there's no development support for the S4A. You do realize it's only been out for less than 2 weeks, right? The S4 has been out for more than two MONTHS. It's kind of unfair to compare the development support of one to the other, especially when you consider that right now, only one carrier in only one country even has the S4A, and you know that isn't permanent. I get that one currently has root and the other doesn't, but that can change in a heartbeat. Prove that the Google Edition S4 ROMS are easily migrated to the non-GE phones, and you'd at least have an argument, but so far, even that hasn't been fully proven (as far as I know... again, things like this happen in a heartbeat).

I keep hearing people who rave about the S4A, but who ultimately choose the S4 because of root capabilities. People, please. If you want to go S4, then by all means, please do, but do it because of the 13MP camera, or the extra sensors, or just because you like the color options. Any of those are fine, but to do so because of the availability of root or wireless charging, both of which will almost certainly be available shortly on the S4A... well... it just screams impatience.
    For anyone who has rooted that wants to get rid of the HIDEOUS white dialer and MMS app, here's how-

1. Download the dark SecPhone.apk, SecMMS.apk, and SecContacts.apk from here- http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2315779

2. Using Root Explorer, move the old apps and their respective odex files from system/app to another folder of your choosing (I made a folder called sysappbackup in the downloads folder)

3. move the three new apps to system/app

4. set permissions on all three new apps to rw-r--r--

5. reboot your phone

6. PROFIT!!

You will now have the dark dialer and mms apps from the international S4.

*After installing this, secret dialer codes like *#06# will no longer work*
    not the best video review but I just recorded my thoughts http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DNpMBIIiNSE&feature=youtu.be
    Nice mod, pics would be great! You may even want to start a new thread for it so the mod/pics don't get lost.

Heres the backround on what i did to get wireless charging going...
    1) get palm coil and touchstone. i bought this on ebay for 10$ (just search touchstone charging kit)
    2) carefully remove the coil from the back cover of the palm phone. plastic cover first then the rest.
    3) what worked easiest for me was to keep all the coil stuff stuck to the removable plastic piece holding everything together, then you can simply stick it in the back of our active covers. (make sure when moving the magnets all the positive sides are facing towards the dock)
    4) Connecting it. I tried doing this a couple different ways and i eventually ended up pulling tiny copper wire out of computer speaker cable and used it like a twist tie on the phone terminals (then small amount of electrical tape to separate them...which worked out fine)
    I attempted to do the same on the coil side of the connection but that was a bust so i ended up soldering it.. not my first choice but since its on the palm coil not my active I did it.
    5) you should be all good to go at this point:)
    here are some pics too

and of course if you some of mess your phone up...its not my fault