[ROM] [4.4.4] [OFFICIAL] ParanoidAndroid 4.6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

iferlive

Recommended steps when coming from 3.68? Only asking because there's a lot of changes in 4.3

Nexus'd

Backup all your apps with Titanium Backup (optional)
In recovery:
Factory Restore (Full wipe)
Format cache
Format Data
I also format System but this is up to you
Flash PA 3.95
Flash Gapps
Reboot
If you have problems restoring with Titanium Backup just change the directory in preferences to: /storage/emulated/legacy/TitaniumBackup
Enjoy PA

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

ahmedsaber20005

Mar 16, 2012
iam flash the FK i hope this fix the problem :confused:

Same Problem With FK

What I can do ??

Note/After I Flash A Pa Root Not Working well with Titanium Backup I flash The SuberUser1.51.zip and Titanium Backup working well

Is This the reason For My Problem ??

My Problem Is Random Rebot

Any One Can Help me ??

i don't like Exit Pa Put if this Problem Not Solved I Should Do This :crying:

-Jesco-

Jun 28, 2012
Same Problem With FK

What I can do ??

Note/After I Flash A Pa Root Not Working well with Titanium Backup I flash The SuberUser1.51.zip and Titanium Backup working well

Is This the reason For My Problem ??

My Problem Is Random Rebot

Any One Can Help me ??

i don't like Exit Pa Put if this Problem Not Solved I Should Do This :crying:

disable CAB using trickster

spacemanr

Jan 23, 2011
Hey, just wanted to share some strange thing happened to my phone over night. Yesterday i wanted to see what would be battery consumption in airplane over night coz in normal mod was 10% and I've thought that is pretty much. I left my phone on 56% and in the morning it was on 9% :eek:. My wallpaper was changed, it seams that it was rebooted somehow, there is no reason I can tell what happened. No app tracker as wakelock or batterydrain could tell what happened. I took some screen shoots just if someone can explain maybe.

ady4etuv.jpg
besasuty.jpg

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

BYRoN_ITA

Mar 7, 2012
Milan
Hey, is anyone having tethering problems since updating to 4.3?

Is anyone else having this problem? I wonder if it's a 4.3 issue? Or maybe i should try a tether app from the Play store instead of what's baked into the OS. Suggestions anyone?

I had a similar problem with Vodafone Italy. Tethering is forbidden with a lot of its data plans (included mine) but ,when I had my Gnex with stock 4.2.2 , I always used it without any issue. Then, from a day to another, my tethering stopped to work using the same firmware and witout touching anything on the phone. Same situation with stock 4.3 or PA 3.95.
My solution ? https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tetherunlocker&hl=en . I used it since I had issues and it permits me to continue to use tethering also with PA 3.95 . Give it a try (to unlock the tethering you have to use it every time you reboot your phone).

---------- Post added at 09:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:22 AM ----------

Hey, just wanted to share some strange thing happened to my phone over night. Yesterday i wanted to see what would be battery consumption in airplane over night coz in normal mod was 10% and I've thought that is pretty much. I left my phone on 56% and in the morning it was on 9% :eek:. My wallpaper was changed, it seams that it was rebooted somehow, there is no reason I can tell what happened. No app tracker as wakelock or batterydrain could tell what happened. I took some screen shoots just if someone can explain maybe.

Last Saturday I flashed PA 3.95 but after 24 hours I noticed a very poor performance of the battery , especially during deep sleep. I installed Cpu Spy and Wakelock detector but I didn't noticed any strange behavior (but I hadn't any reboot). So yesterday afternoon i installed Fancy kernel (r37 "simple version") and now I can say that my battery drain is fixed (with same PA setting, wallpapers, apps and so on...). The battery is ok and the consumption in deep sleep is very very low now :)

PS: At the moment I have no issues (I enabled also CAB in the kernel) but in the past pages I read that using other kernels with PA 3.95 can cause any issue. Is it true ? In case what I should check ?

spacemanr

Jan 23, 2011
I forgot to mention that I'm on golden kernel and yes my phone was in deep sleep too and i have cab "on". Will try with off.

Edit: actually it was and is on "off"

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

randommmm

Jan 5, 2011
i just update to the android 4.3 pa, and wipe everything.... and meet a stupid bug, not sure it's google's or PA's.

The phone first time boots up, choses language then there is an option of connect to WIFI, and my WIFI password is 6 digits. I can't confirm my correct password because the phone somehow think password should be at least 8 digits...

Changing password is not possible because hell lots of people and machines are connecting to this wifi router ...

Last edited:

killchain

Oct 6, 2012
Google Pixel 4a 5G
Reactions: TiagoRigueto

nikodr

Jul 14, 2010
Rom is superb but skype is unusable ,when i go to make video call phone locks and is unresponsive for seconds or minutes.ram usage goes very high.i am on stock pa kernel and is fresh install.it is the only app that does this.on 4.2.2 this happened after 30 minutes on skype.now phone locks after minutes.is there a fix ? I would like to use skype daily.if phone locks in order to be responsive it needs many seconds and have to kill apps to restore ram.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app

Reactions: Perlets

stringbean98

Sep 15, 2009
I had a similar problem with Vodafone Italy. Tethering is forbidden with a lot of its data plans (included mine) but ,when I had my Gnex with stock 4.2.2 , I always used it without any issue. Then, from a day to another, my tethering stopped to work using the same firmware and witout touching anything on the phone. Same situation with stock 4.3 or PA 3.95.
My solution ? https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tetherunlocker&hl=en . I used it since I had issues and it permits me to continue to use tethering also with PA 3.95 . Give it a try (to unlock the tethering you have to use it every time you reboot your phone).

---------- Post added at 09:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:22 AM ----------

Last Saturday I flashed PA 3.95 but after 24 hours I noticed a very poor performance of the battery , especially during deep sleep. I installed Cpu Spy and Wakelock detector but I didn't noticed any strange behavior (but I hadn't any reboot). So yesterday afternoon i installed Fancy kernel (r37 "simple version") and now I can say that my battery drain is fixed (with same PA setting, wallpapers, apps and so on...). The battery is ok and the consumption in deep sleep is very very low now :)

PS: At the moment I have no issues (I enabled also CAB in the kernel) but in the past pages I read that using other kernels with PA 3.95 can cause any issue. Is it true ? In case what I should check ?
Thanks for shedding some light on this, and for the link. I was able to get tether working via a 3rd party tether app (https://code.google.com/p/android-w...etail?name=wifi_tether_v3_4-experimental1.apk). The previous versions didn't work for me, but 3.4 experimental did the trick.

Reactions: srgibbs99
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts