[ROM 4.2] AOIP Team Insomnia 8/3/13 [Linaro 4.7]

Should HALO be included in 4.3 Version of AOIP ?

• Yes

Votes: 8 20.5%
  • No

Votes: 31 79.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Search This thread

schuylkillparanormal

Mar 10, 2013
Has anyone used the kernel from jfbs yet with the rom any noticeable. iff with batterych Please let me know of your experiences so we can have a consensus. Thanks jfbs for the work Ive been swamped lately and I dont really like messing with the kernel.

Seems kinda sluggish and it freezes alot and the screen goes white. Not as smooth as the 3.4 kernel.

detdett

Dec 6, 2011
Has anyone used the kernel from jfbs yet with the rom any noticeable diff with battery. Please let me know of your experiences so we can have a consensus. Thanks jfbs for the work Ive been swamped lately and I dont really like messing with the kernel.

I've used his kernel. It was very buggy with the 8/3 build but worked amazingly on the 8/10 build. It's been known that there's the white screen bug but a simple "turn off, turn on" would make it go away. The battery life has been pretty good, and the drainage is less compared to not using it.

This is kind of unrelated but since it's using another kernel, the Team Insomnia logo is no longer there, which can be appealing to some, including me.

Jaws4God

May 30, 2009
North Carolina
I've used his kernel. It was very buggy with the 8/3 build but worked amazingly on the 8/10 build. It's been known that there's the white screen bug but a simple "turn off, turn on" would make it go away. The battery life has been pretty good, and the drainage is less compared to not using it.

This is kind of unrelated but since it's using another kernel, the Team Insomnia logo is no longer there, which can be appealing to some, including me.

How u do install this? My 8/10 build has been very slow and sluggish today...

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

schuylkillparanormal

Mar 10, 2013
How u do install this? My 8/10 build has been very slow and sluggish today...

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

Its been a pain dealing with freezing and animation being sluggish had to reflash id wait til someone tweaks it a little. And haven't seen much battery difference with heavy use. Im getting awsome battery life with my new 2900 mh battery. Also charges much faster to.:D honstley I'd rather the 3.4 kernel just smoother no problems.

Last edited:

jfbs

May 24, 2012
I've kept the kernel stock until I, or someone across the pond, find an appropriate solution. Less is less, that's why it isn't smeared with lipstick atm. I'll post a newer kernel with 3.4.57 if there's any interest, but it's only for rev.3 lcd's.

Reactions: afwolfpacked

wrusry

Jan 28, 2011
Austin
I found these 2 apparent bugs in the 8/3 build. Can someone confirm if they are also present in the 8/10 build (I wasn't sure if the OP contained all changes or just the major changes)

1) The dark theme in messaging cannot be disabled by deselecting "use dark theme" in the settings of the messenger
2) The "voice dialer" app doesn't work. It just stays at "starting up".

I'm not complaining about the apparent bugs. I'm actually loving the ROM. I may change my wife and son's over to AOIP soon.

schuylkillparanormal

Mar 10, 2013
FixOTE=wrusry;44553778]I found these 2 apparent bugs in the 8/3 build. Can someone confirm if they are also present in the 8/10 build (I wasn't sure if the OP contained all changes or just the major changes)

1) The dark theme in messaging cannot be disabled by deselecting "use dark theme" in the settings of the messenger

I'm not complaining about the apparent bugs. I'm actually loving the ROM. I may change my wife and son's over to AOIP soon.[/QUOTE]

All fixed can't confirm voice dialer but you can just use voice search same thing. I found google search fix via bluetooth also advanced voice search with open mic for an more handfree experence.

---------- Post added at 03:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:56 PM ----------

I've kept the kernel stock until I, or someone across the pond, find an appropriate solution. Less is less, that's why it isn't smeared with lipstick atm. I'll post a newer kernel with 3.4.57 if there's any interest, but it's only for rev.3 lcd's.

Iong as it runs smooth and opens apps faster im all for it. Battery life is what it is to bad you cant sell on here because i can get a great deal on 2900mh battery in bulk plus i can get silicon backs for like a dollar each.

Reactions: wrusry

mwhitt

Apr 23, 2013
vancouver
I found these 2 apparent bugs in the 8/3 build. Can someone confirm if they are also present in the 8/10 build (I wasn't sure if the OP contained all changes or just the major changes)

I'm not complaining about the apparent bugs. I'm actually loving the ROM. I may change my wife and son's over to AOIP soon.

i use voice dialing constantly everyday, have had 0 problems with it so far on any build

wrusry

Jan 28, 2011
Austin
i use voice dialing constantly everyday, have had 0 problems with it so far on any build

Thanks. That's interesting. I can "voice search" just fine to do dialing by voice, but not "voice dialing". See attached image for what I see. It just stays like that (starting up). Perhaps it is just my particular flash.

I have one more question: The recent apps listing that is shown when long-pressing the home button is now a horizontally scrolling list. Previous roms have had a vertical one. Is a vertical listing an option in this ROM? I can't find a setting for it. Anyone know if it is a setting?

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-08-10-20-50-46.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-08-10-20-50-46.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 182
Last edited:

mwhitt

Apr 23, 2013
vancouver
Thanks. That's interesting. I can "voice search" just fine to do dialing by voice, but not "voice dialing". See attached image for what I see. Perhaps it is just my particular flash.

I have one more question: The recent apps listing that is shown when long-pressing the home button is now a horizontally scrolling list. Previous roms have had a vertical one. Is a vertical listing an option in this ROM? I can't find a setting for it. Anyone know if it is a setting?

Thanks in advance.
That is how it scrolls now, don't believe there is a setting for that.

That's a screenshot of what I see when I voice dial

Sent from my SGH-T679 using xda premium

Last edited:

schuylkillparanormal

Mar 10, 2013
Thanks. That's interesting. I can "voice search" just fine to do dialing by voice, but not "voice dialing". See attached image for what I see. It just stays like that (starting ucontrol erhaps it is just my particular flash.

Thanks in advance.

Just download Open Mic for Google now in the play store and just erase voice dialer I'll give you that always listing app thats built in the moto x but you can rephrase the hotword or use built in wave control. Ive been talking to the developer and he'll be adding addittional voice commands like answerind ending call ect. Were google now doesnt support shortly.

schuylkillparanormal

Mar 10, 2013
Well I had to go back to the 8/5 version and its running so much smoother and quicker..

I also love the AOIP logo as my wallpaper.. but the red clashed with the awesome blue icons... so I made this...

AOIPHeartbeatBlue-800_zps163a5400.png

Wanted to make it available to anyone who wanted it...

DOWNLOAD LINK

I think that would and the red one would make an awsome live wallpaper. Cam tim and smart guy should make one and should offer it for an dollar donation to aoip users to help support there work on there website. Also if aoip started of blue and started to bleed red and it started to flat line that would be awesome to.

Last edited:

mrlamo

Sep 14, 2011
Chicago
I thought this was totally acceptable. This is still the 8/3 build, hadn't taken the time for the new build. I'm using the stock kernel and turning of wifi and data when not using it, easy enough with the power widgets.

Thanks team insomnia!!

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1376429194186.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1376429194186.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 161
  • uploadfromtaptalk1376429211720.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1376429211720.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 148

Jaws4God

May 30, 2009
North Carolina
Im using the cm10 cobalt theme and love the look but want to put the smoke background back for my menu backgrounds.. How can i do that?

Thanks!

sent by T679 via AOIP 4.2.2 ver. 8/5

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [ROM 4.2] AOIP Team Insomnia 6/3/13 [Linaro 4.7]

Original OP
    Lol yep. This is a great rom. I was just wondering if the devs had some new goodies for us... I think its been 2 weeks. Lol

Sent from my SGH-T679 using xda premium

I have started back to work on it today hopefully some good things will be coming soon!
    Well I hate to say it but I think my work here is finished. To much time on the computer and not with the family. So if there is someone out there that would like to continue the project and keep it alive PM and Ill try to help any way I can.
    641-about-png

Android Open Insomnia Project or AOIP is an aftermarket firmware based on the open-source Android operating system. It offers features not found in the official Android based firmwares of vendors of these cell phones. Do not ask for etas and no feature request. This rom is still in its baby stage and we are working on adding everything we think should be added.

648-features-png

-Built with Linaro Toolchain
    -Kernel Version 3.4.63
    -Pie Controls (slimPie)
    -Custom Quick Settings
    -Recents Ram Bar
    -Custom Status Bar Tweaks
    -Mms Theme Settings
    -Widgets Viewpager
    -Ability to Change DPI on the Fly
    -Notification Drawer Shortcuts
    -many many more

645-directions-png

DOWNLOAD ROM
    MOVE TO SDCARD
    BOOT INTO RECOVERY
    MAKE NANDROID
    WIPE EVERYTHING
    FLASH ROM
    FLASH GAPPS
    REBOOT & ENJOY

Aoip 2.0 (4.3) alpha 10/05/13
    Download
    Changes :
    Added :
    Pie
    Volume Wake
    Widgets Viewpager
    StatusBar Auto Hide
    StatusBar Quick Peak
    Home,Back button rebind
    Custom Shortcut Quick Tile (Credits Slim)

Gesture security (Credits ChameleonOS)

Fixed font sizes
    Kernel 3.4.63
    Reworked some menus
    Fixed PW Airplane Mode
    Using Slims Camera source which has option for internal or external saves

Aoip 2.0 (4.3) alpha 9/26/13
    Download

4.3 GAPPS DOWNLOAD HERE

8/10/13 DOWNLOAD

8/3/13 DOWNLOAD
    Addon for touchkey settings flash in recovery

6/3 DOWNLOAD

5/18 DOWNLOAD

4.2 GAPPS DOWNLOAD HERE

Kernels for 4.2 ONLY!

3.4.63 OC undervolt high memory with whitescreen fix
    Download

643-changelog-png

9/26
    First release of 2.0 (4.3)
    Features 3.4.62 kernel with reverts for battery but also includes keffs fix for white screen (Thanks to jfbs for pointing it out)
    Some themeing to mms,calendar,contacts
    Please point out bugs to squash Thanks to everyone for the input.

8/10
    Fix Battery icon/percent
    Add master halo switch
    Default listview animations to off
    Fix dark text on dark background in email

8/3
    Additions:
    Expand desktop with statusbar quick peek
    Halo
    Appbar
    Listview animations
    Trebuchet stuff - Remove Dock and Gestures

6/3
    -Added more Features
    -Updated kernel
    -Fix Lockscreen Off Center Issue

5/18
    -Initial Release

649-knownbugs-png

-None as I know of

644-credits-png

cm
    smartguy044
    flappjaxx
    tim1928
    arco
    look in about aoip section in rom for more
    many more that i know i forgot

652-sourcecode-png

*KERNEL SOURCE HERE*

DISCLAIMER: YOU KNOW THE RISK OF FLASHING. TEAM INSOMNIA & MYSELF TAKE NO CREDIT IN WHAT HAPPENS TO YOUR PHONE

Please lets keep this thread clean of multiple off-topic posts the occational is ok but if a conversation on a topic needs discussion try to pm that matter. Thanks for the cooperation.

2.0 !

Ok first release for 2.0 (4.3) is up in op. Thanks to everyone for reporting bugs I will continue to add some things from previous version in the near future.

Edit here is overnight . I leave airplane mode on because i dont have a sim so this is just an idea of sleep drain.