[GUIDE]Root Alcatel One Touch Glory 2S Pro 4011x

Search This thread

DreamerTKM

Jun 20, 2012
Georgetown
Guide to root Alcatel One Touch Glory 2S Pro

Alcatel-One-Touch-T'Pop-01.jpg

alcatel-ot-tpop.jpg

Disclaimer : This guide is provided with no warranty. You are installing this software at your own risk. You may be violating your warranty.

Steps required :
1. Install Alcatel One Touch Manager
2. Install Root Master (In Chinese Language ONLY)
3. On device, check USB debugging & Allow mock locations
4. Open Root Master, connect the device to computer via USB cable
5. After the device successfully connected, the GREY button in the red box will turn GREEN

attachment.php

6. Click on the GREEN button and wait for the process to complete
7. Device will reboot and now a Chinese superuser app will be there in the app drawer
8. Now the device is rooted & enjoy the superuser privilege

ADDON for non-chinese user :
For those who doesn't like or don't know chinese language, you can switch to another superuser app

1. Download SuperSU app from the attachment
2. Place the app in /system/app/ with the file explorer that have root access such as Root Explorer or equivalent
3. Set the permission rw-r--r--
4. Disable the chinese superuser app so that only one superuser app run at each time
5. Reboot
6. Check the root status using Root Checker

attachment.php

***If this screen is displayed out, congratz and now you are having root access with SuperSU app which is in English version. Enjoy :D
***If you wants to remove the Chinese superuser, now you are very safe to remove it from /system/app/

Screenshots

attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 54,277
  • 20130723180748844.jpg
    20130723180748844.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 53,183
  • 20130723180757227.jpg
    20130723180757227.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 53,368
  • 20130723180808930.jpg
    20130723180808930.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 53,143
  • SuperSU_1.41.apk
    1.8 MB · Views: 6,814
Last edited:

DreamerTKM

Jun 20, 2012
Georgetown
thanx dude, but how to disable the chinese one?

after installed superSU or superuser via cwm or playstore (make sure binary updated and binary access accepted 1st), download any bloat remover exp : nobloat or master uninstaller from playstore. then uninstall the Chinese superuser. restart. DONE.
THNKS

Thanks to the reply that given by you to the others...

There is an alternative way to achieve it by using root explorer or equivalent.

Go to /system/app and delete the chinese superuser apk

Place the superSU.apk inside the /system/app and set permission to rw-r--r--
(Last time I've tried to download and install the superSU from playstore and update the binary but the superSU seems doesn't work if it didn't placed as system app. But if works for your phone then congratz)

;);)

Gabrieltan

Jun 20, 2012
You can only hope for some developer that really interest to mod this phone LOL...

BTW I'm not a developer so can't help on this :D

hahahaha... see when i free, maybe try add in some mod.. but the problem is cwm does not work properly in this phone.. heard few hardbrick when flash cwm.. maybe i try signed the zip so that can use in stock recovery..

dkcheong1127

Jul 27, 2013
System apps

Thanks for the rooting guide, u using that phone currently ? can you upload the EngineerModeSim.apk here (inside the system/app)? because i deleted it to prevent it lock my phone if i use other carrier sim card...but i need to get it back if i want to have system updates.
Need that apk files badly ~

Last edited:

adlfurball

Aug 28, 2013
What if my One touch manager doesn't want to connect my phone? It kept saying OT 4011x is not supported. I downloaded the one from ur link. Pls help

DreamerTKM

Jun 20, 2012
Georgetown
Thanks for the rooting guide, u using that phone currently ? can you upload the EngineerModeSim.apk here (inside the system/app)? because i deleted it to prevent it lock my phone if i use other carrier sim card...but i need to get it back if i want to have system updates.
Need that apk files badly ~

Sorry for late reply....I mostly active in the i9001 forum and recently busying with my college project...Here you go~
You are just lucky that I didn't deleted that apk during I clean up the bloatwares by Alcatel~

Since the apk is odexed maybe you need the odex file as well..(It is a compressed file, not a CWM flashable)

What if my One touch manager doesn't want to connect my phone? It kept saying OT 4011x is not supported. I downloaded the one from ur link. Pls help

For your issue, I can't test it out because I've deleted the one touch manager apk file inside my phone. However, in order to root this phone we do not need the help of the one touch manager. We install it just because we want the driver that came with the package.

You just straight away use the Root Master to check for the phone driver status etc, if everything ok the button at the bottom right will turn green. Click on the green button to root it and you are good to go :)

Hope it helps. Cheers :D

Attachments

• EngineerModeSim.rar
    62 KB · Views: 688
Last edited:

mrzakir

Jul 5, 2012
Mumbai
Sorry for late reply....I mostly active in the i9001 forum and recently busying with my college project...Here you go~
You are just lucky that I didn't deleted that apk during I clean up the bloatwares by Alcatel~

Since the apk is odexed maybe you need the odex file as well..(It is a compressed file, not a CWM flashable)

For your issue, I can't test it out because I've deleted the one touch manager apk file inside my phone. However, in order to root this phone we do not need the help of the one touch manager. We install it just because we want the driver that came with the package.

You just straight away use the Root Master to check for the phone driver status etc, if everything ok the button at the bottom right will turn green. Click on the green button to root it and you are good to go :)

Hope it helps. Cheers :D

Brother,

I try and root the phone with the method provided.

Can you help me partition sd card so I can increase some internal memory?

Thank in advance

syafiqjoe

Sep 28, 2013
Muar
cannot fix help me

hello can anyone help me to fix my alcatel ot glory s2 pro 4011x ?
screen become blank when i change the boot animation.
i change desc.txt 320X480 fsp 30.and suddenly it become blank.
and internal storage cannot be found in my computer .what i suppose to do?
i can make call to my fon but the screen blank..can anyone help me..please....im newbie ..huhu

inamie

Aug 16, 2012
KLang
hello can anyone help me to fix my alcatel ot glory s2 pro 4011x ?
screen become blank when i change the boot animation.
i change desc.txt 320X480 fsp 30.and suddenly it become blank.
and internal storage cannot be found in my computer .what i suppose to do?
i can make call to my fon but the screen blank..can anyone help me..please....im newbie ..huhu

Actual location for boot screen:
/custpack/JRD_custres/Bootanimation.zip and set permission rw-r--r--
Seems you not delete the "Thumb.db" inside the folder that cause that problem. recover firmware with Mobile Upgrade S.

Last edited:

inamie

Aug 16, 2012
KLang
Easiest method now to root using Framaroot.apk.. Install apk & with 1 click you success root your device..

Sent from my GT-N7100 using xda premium

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Guide to root Alcatel One Touch Glory 2S Pro

Alcatel-One-Touch-T'Pop-01.jpg

alcatel-ot-tpop.jpg

Disclaimer : This guide is provided with no warranty. You are installing this software at your own risk. You may be violating your warranty.

Steps required :
    1. Install Alcatel One Touch Manager
    2. Install Root Master (In Chinese Language ONLY)
    3. On device, check USB debugging & Allow mock locations
    4. Open Root Master, connect the device to computer via USB cable
    5. After the device successfully connected, the GREY button in the red box will turn GREEN

attachment.php

6. Click on the GREEN button and wait for the process to complete
    7. Device will reboot and now a Chinese superuser app will be there in the app drawer
    8. Now the device is rooted & enjoy the superuser privilege

ADDON for non-chinese user :
    For those who doesn't like or don't know chinese language, you can switch to another superuser app

1. Download SuperSU app from the attachment
    2. Place the app in /system/app/ with the file explorer that have root access such as Root Explorer or equivalent
    3. Set the permission rw-r--r--
    4. Disable the chinese superuser app so that only one superuser app run at each time
    5. Reboot
    6. Check the root status using Root Checker

attachment.php

***If this screen is displayed out, congratz and now you are having root access with SuperSU app which is in English version. Enjoy :D
    ***If you wants to remove the Chinese superuser, now you are very safe to remove it from /system/app/

Screenshots

attachment.php
    attachment.php

after installed superSU or superuser via cwm or playstore (make sure binary updated and binary access accepted 1st), download any bloat remover exp : nobloat or master uninstaller from playstore. then uninstall the Chinese superuser. restart. DONE.
    THNKS

Thanks to the reply that given by you to the others...

There is an alternative way to achieve it by using root explorer or equivalent.

Go to /system/app and delete the chinese superuser apk

Place the superSU.apk inside the /system/app and set permission to rw-r--r--
    (Last time I've tried to download and install the superSU from playstore and update the binary but the superSU seems doesn't work if it didn't placed as system app. But if works for your phone then congratz)

;);)
    Kudos man..your guide is very useful, as I'm a heavy user of root apps..really appreciate this..:good::good::good:

THNKS