The Worst Android Device That You've Ever Had & Why

Search This thread

TheArc

Inactive Recognized Themer
Jan 1, 2012
Auckland
LG OPTIMUS [P970]

Was an absolute piece of sh*t. In fact lg in general is sh*t.

Burn LG lovers, burn.

Cake...

P41g3

Aug 16, 2013
Sony xperia u....bought for the wife a few months ago....keeps freezing and have to pull battery......going back:mad:

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: MeltdownSpectre

gtabr1

Jan 2, 2013
Brasíia
Sony xperia u....bought for the wife a few months ago....keeps freezing and have to pull battery......going back:mad:

There must be something wrong. Mt broter hás a xperia u ,its pretty decent. Only about 2-3 times in 8 months he had to pull the battery. Just onde thing : do not update to ICS 4.0. It will be much worse than GB..

Sent from my GT-I8150 using xda app-developers app

P41g3

Aug 16, 2013
There must be something wrong. Mt broter hás a xperia u ,its pretty decent. Only about 2-3 times in 8 months he had to pull the battery. Just onde thing : do not update to ICS 4.0. It will be much worse than GB..

Sent from my GT-I8150 using xda app-developers app

I updated it to 4.0.4 not too long ago.....I take it it would be worth going back to GB? Could this be causing the freezing issue.........?:confused:

EDIT...I will seek advice in the appropriate thread:thumbup:

Last edited:

Groot

Mar 7, 2013
Bacolod
yeah, bada isn't android, nokia isn't, so is tizen, perhaps they haven't taken up reading?

Sent from my X8 using Tapatalk 2

sauprankul

Jul 23, 2012
REALLY?!!:(

Sent from my X8 using Tapatalk 2

I'd like to second that.
I've had 2 android phones: the t-mobile S2 and Sprint HTC One.
The S2 was frickin awesome. I would get around 10 Mbps down and that thing could actually handle a lot. The only thing that was bad about it was the battery life. That's just about it.

Fast forward 1.5 years. The HTC one gets terrible battery life with no root. Around 14 maybe 15 hours with moderate usage. I think that's pathetic. The data speeds are even worse. I am lucky to be able to do a Google search. I think this has more to do with Sprint, though. I'm not completely sure. The camera is absolute crap. 4 Mp aren't worth anything, and all of my pictures are actually kind of noisy. Even in daylight. At night, the photos are just a tinted noisy mess.
Also. The gaps are ridiculous. I have tons of dirt collecting in the corners, and I use a case! Also, my phone has a recessed power button, which makes it extremely hard to press.
And when I'm recording video, my voice is about 10x louder than anybody who is standing in front of me. I can't hear anything anybody is saying. Absolute garbage.
This phone is nothing more than a pretty face.
What can I say?

Last edited:
Reactions: MeltdownSpectre

@non4

Jun 11, 2012
Gothicus
I'd like to second that.
I've had 2 android phones: the t-mobile S2 and Sprint HTC One.
The S2 was frickin awesome. I would get around 10 Mbps down and that thing could actually handle a lot. The only thing that was bad about it was the battery life. That's just about it.

Fast forward 1.5 years. The HTC one gets terrible battery life with no root. Around 14 maybe 15 hours with moderate usage. I think that's pathetic. The data speeds are even worse. I am lucky to be able to do a Google search. I think this has more to do with Sprint, though. I'm not completely sure. The camera is absolute crap. 4 Mp aren't worth anything, and all of my pictures are actually kind of noisy. Even in daylight. At night, the photos are just a tinted noisy mess.
Also. The gaps are ridiculous. I have tons of dirt collecting in the corners, and I use a case! Also, my phone has a recessed power button, which makes it extremely hard to press.
And when I'm recording video, my voice is about 10x louder than anybody who is standing in front of me. I can't hear anything anybody is saying. Absolute garbage.
This phone is nothing more than a pretty face.
What can I say?

The HTC one looks amazing, that's bad to hear. I have an optimus 4x so battery life I can deal with :D I had the same power button issue with the desire s, seems HTC care more about it looking pretty than it working for more than a week. I used to have a desire z, yeah it was ugly and the firmware had major issues but it was impossible to break without water (oops) and the ROM support was second to none. I'm actually tempted to trade my phone in for one, quad cores and big screens just suck battery and don't help performance much really, its more to do with devs optimising their apps which Gameloft just can't do.

Sent from my smart frying pan (Tegra 3)

MeltdownSpectre

Retired Forum Moderator
Has to be the galaxy ace. The thing is constantly out of memory. Sure i could've put a different rom on it, but its just bad it doens't work out of the box... Only thing that worked was deleting facebook..
I agree completely. It was such a nuisance trying to have Facebook and WhatsApp installed on that phone. I'm so glad I sold mine.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

JPuzzle0

Apr 10, 2011
Four let's: c-l-i-q

Slow, unresponsive touchscreen, buggy, double pressed the back button even if you only pressed it once, horrible battery, and my favorite was the 2.1 update that was really really really late, buggy, extremely slow and just to shut people up about the update that came 6-8 months later than promised. I found a loophole and updated for free to the HTC G2 after 9 months....

Galaxy tab 8.9 was a decent device, but Samsung/developers dropped it quickly.

HTC G2 was good for its time and the Galaxy S3 has been good to me so far. Both you could/can get your full 2 years out of without feeling like the only one still using that old school nokia candy bar phone with the snake game....

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda app-developers app

drewwtek

Aug 16, 2013
my Worst

My worst Android experience is my first Android experience. It was a China generic tablet. I think it went with the name MID tablet. It was so terrible that I am actually surprised I continued to get an Android smartphone in the first place. Of course, I did learn that there was more to Android than that tablet.

Probably what really got me to like it more is the fact that it helped introduce me to ROM flashing in Android. :victory:

OmgitzFire

Nov 28, 2011
Droid 2. It was good at first but then went crazy and grew a mind of its own.
It would open apps randomly and the touch became unresponsive.

Top Liked Posts