How is your Nexus 4 holding after 6+ months?

How is your Nexus 4 holding up?

• Looks and works like new

Votes: 227 76.4%
  • A few dings and scrathches, but works well.

Votes: 61 20.5%
  • Major damage/hardware problems.

Votes: 6 2.0%
  • Dead

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Have moved on to the next toy!

Votes: 3 1.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Search This thread

twowheeler

Sep 4, 2011
Superb. Only issue so far: if I press hard on the left side of the back panel the body moves and you hear it as well.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app

showbo

Feb 21, 2010
Several drops, one replaced screen, one replaced internal antenna cable. Still running strong.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using XDA poor mans free app

Ensifolk

Aug 29, 2011
Beirut
Running perfect! With only font screen protector ! So you can feel the glass feel all over from the back. Ready for the next Nexus :)

cobyman7035

Oct 24, 2012
TORONTO
Bored of it playing with my Nexus 7 all the time now

Via Google voice Δ NeXus™ 7 FHD on Tapatalk²

---------- Post added at 06:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:30 AM ----------

How is the front glass holding up? I'm planning to remove my horrible wet screenguard it peels off at ends and has weird bubbles even after a week.....but I'm scared of scratching the front...

Sent from my |\|€×u$ 4

I like that nexus SIG, gonna use it :)

Via Google voice Δ NeXus™ 7 FHD on Tapatalk²

krishnan.sri92

Aug 1, 2012
Chennai
www.facebook.com
For me it's just been a month old but i just got a news that nexus 5 will be priced same as nexus 4 . and the launch is in October . so have I been fooled :( wrong timing to buy nexus . wish I had waited a little long :( heart broken

Sent from my Nexus 4 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

twowheeler

Sep 4, 2011
For me it's just been a month old but i just got a news that nexus 5 will be priced same as nexus 4 . and the launch is in October . so have I been fooled :( wrong timing to buy nexus . wish I had waited a little long :( heart broken

Are you serious?

krishnan.sri92

Aug 1, 2012
Chennai
www.facebook.com
Yeah :( I saw this news in drippler app though it covers the Wii or rumor but have seen it many times . but am just scared . I don't want to be that unlucky one :/

failly

Jul 17, 2012
Yeah :( I saw this news in drippler app though it covers the Wii or rumor but have seen it many times . but am just scared . I don't want to be that unlucky one :/

You're not the only one, I also bought it last month.
But hey, even if the nexus 5 gets released in october? I mean look at how powerfull the N4 already is, It's still smooth with all games and it will be smooth for some years for sure(Implying that the N5 will have better hardware).
I'm still happy I bought the N4 even if the N5 got released today.

Reactions: krishnan.sri92

krishnan.sri92

Aug 1, 2012
Chennai
www.facebook.com
You're not the only one, I also bought it last month.
But hey, even if the nexus 5 gets released in october? I mean look at how powerfull the N4 already is, It's still smooth with all games and it will be smooth for some years for sure(Implying that the N5 will have better hardware).
I'm still happy I bought the N4 even if the N5 got released today.

Oh thank God ... Your first line brought life to me. But why I felt like that was because we period the same price for a hardware which will be transformed totally in the coming version. Nexus 5 gonna have 13.5 mp camera 2.3 GHz processor . it's already smooth imagine with the above specs then... Am sure this change in the hardware with same pricing isn't fair enough .

failly

Jul 17, 2012
Oh thank God ... Your first line brought life to me. But why I felt like that was because we period the same price for a hardware which will be transformed totally in the coming version. Nexus 5 gonna have 13.5 mp camera 2.3 GHz processor . it's already smooth imagine with the above specs then... Am sure this change in the hardware with same pricing isn't fair enough .

That's of course true but I think it's just bad luck :p.
13,5mp would be nice but 2,3ghz would be overkill imo...
Maybe you can sell your nexus and add some money and go with the n5?

krishnan.sri92

Aug 1, 2012
Chennai
www.facebook.com
Dude !! That's what !! Bad luck and nothing else . just hope that people around the world should be aware of this fact and hopefully there aren't people who have plans to buy n4 now :p

Reactions: qwahchees

xFloTK13

Apr 12, 2013
Still pretty amazing phone. No visible scratches or anything Mike that. Everything works fine ;)

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 4 mit Tapatalk 4

qwahchees

Jul 7, 2012
Toronto
Scratches all around the corners and dents, micro scratches on the screen and back but I refuse to get a case. Maybe a few screen protectors, but that's it. Using a phone and bulking it up like a million dollars ruins the whole design and "prettyness" of the phone.

Performance wise, blazing fast and the battery is solid after some kernel/governor tweaking.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Today my Nexus 4 decided it liked to be dropped. I was pooping and I set it on the sink so I could wipe. As my other hand came around to get some toilet paper, i knocked the phone down. It survived because it had a TPU case one.
    Then later I had it plugged into a stereo while lifting and my friend's hand catches the cable and my Nexus 4 slips out of my hand and the screen makes contact with the corner of a dumbbell. I had one of the wet-apply screen protectors and I could see where it landed. The screen was not cracked.
    The Nexus 4 can take more abuse than I thought.
    Today my Nexus 4 decided it liked to be dropped. I was pooping and I set it on the sink so I could wipe. As my other hand came around to get some toilet paper, i knocked the phone down. It survived because it had a TPU case one.
    Then later I had it plugged into a stereo while lifting and my friend's hand catches the cable and my Nexus 4 slips out of my hand and the screen makes contact with the corner of a dumbbell. I had one of the wet-apply screen protectors and I could see where it landed. The screen was not cracked.
    The Nexus 4 can take more abuse than I thought.

I just felt the need to make that quote a little bigger so everyone could read it again. ahah

That is waay to much information.

Also, I do the exact same thing.
    Aside from the oleophobic coating rubbing off, mine looks like it did when I bought it. Best phone I've ever owned.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using xda premium

I found out that you can apply oleophobic coating on smart phones.

http://www.ifixit.com/Guide/HOW+TO+COAT+Anti+Fingerprint+Oleophobic+Coating+by+yourself/9682/1
    Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
    I'm so pissed. I always keep my phones in pristine condition, my GS3 barely had even a micro scratch after almost a year. I've only had the N4 for a few months and I pull it out of my pocket right now and somehow there's a huge 2" long scratch on the front screen. Never dropped it even once and I keep it clean all the time. Wtf

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda premium

That is why you need to use case and screen protector, like me ;) that can save your phone even from drops.
    (Learned that from Joe Levi, from pocketnow)
    So far, my sexy Nexy is well kept. :fingers-crossed:
    Mine has no scratches at all, still in mint condition and that even though I dropped it two times from a the height of a kitchen table on the hard floor. I wouldn't recommend trying it but mine survived it (didn't even have bumper or other protectors on at that time).

Now my N4 is sporting a luxurious dbrand titanium back skin and the original N4 bumper and I am loving it.

Friends asked me if I had bought a new phone after they saw my N4 with the dbrand skin :)