Galaxy SIII Flashed 2 Boost Mobile

Search This thread

AlpineMan

Aug 6, 2008
My Sprint Note 2 can send/receive group text just fine. I'm using a custom ROM (Touchwiz based). I won't be surprised if there's such a ROM for the GS3, too... Or perhaps you can just install the stock messaging app modded to allow group texting.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Xparent SkyBlue Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

spearoid

Feb 21, 2009
I haven't browsed this Sprint forum much. I didn't know there was a modified stock MMS app for group messaging. That sounds promising. I can't imagine Sprint GS3 owners are truly out of luck with group texting, unless they go 3rd party, but maybe so.

Copasta

Oct 22, 2011
I am following the steps in this thread to try to get 3g working on my Samsung Galaxy S3 that I just updated to Wicked Sensations 4. I am not that good at this, a novice to say the least, and you guys are life savers when it comes to phone flashing / rooting / etc. I was wondering about the process you have listed, specifically the "32 digit HEX AAA password"! Where do I find that information? Should that be listed in DFS somewhere when I have the phone connected? I can't find anything that is 32 digits long! My HDN AN setting does not have the pwd checked, but there is a 6 letter password listed. When I check the "pwd", a 12 digit password pops up there! I'm not sure if I should check that, leave it unchecked, enter something else, etc.? I don't want to brick the phone or anything (LOL)! Same thing with HDR AN Long......nothing is checked there, and I don't think anything pops up when I check that, but I may be the same as above....just can't remember at the moment! Also, just to be clear, the HEX AAA password that we are looking for, if it is on the phone somewhere, should come from the DONOR phone, correct? Sorry for all the questions, but as I stated earlier, I'm just learning this, and don't want to mess my phone up! Thanks for any information you can offer at this time! I truly appreciate your expertise and willingness to help out us newbies!!!

Copasta

Carfanatic

Feb 25, 2012
I am following the steps in this thread to try to get 3g working on my Samsung Galaxy S3 that I just updated to Wicked Sensations 4. I am not that good at this, a novice to say the least, and you guys are life savers when it comes to phone flashing / rooting / etc. I was wondering about the process you have listed, specifically the "32 digit HEX AAA password"! Where do I find that information? Should that be listed in DFS somewhere when I have the phone connected? I can't find anything that is 32 digits long! My HDN AN setting does not have the pwd checked, but there is a 6 letter password listed. When I check the "pwd", a 12 digit password pops up there! I'm not sure if I should check that, leave it unchecked, enter something else, etc.? I don't want to brick the phone or anything (LOL)! Same thing with HDR AN Long......nothing is checked there, and I don't think anything pops up when I check that, but I may be the same as above....just can't remember at the moment! Also, just to be clear, the HEX AAA password that we are looking for, if it is on the phone somewhere, should come from the DONOR phone, correct? Sorry for all the questions, but as I stated earlier, I'm just learning this, and don't want to mess my phone up! Thanks for any information you can offer at this time! I truly appreciate your expertise and willingness to help out us newbies!!!

Copasta

If you had 3g working before flashing a rom it shouldn't change. Only thing you would lose is MMS.(maybe 4g and other things if the rom didn't have support for them.

I haven't tried it myself but from others you don't need to put in the AAA or AA passwords at all.

You never listed your donor phone so can't say if you can get them using DFS or some other method.

Last edited:
Reactions: rbdzzl

Copasta

Oct 22, 2011
If you had 3g working before flashing a rom it shouldn't change. Only thing you would lose is MMS.(maybe 4g and other things if the rom didn't have support for them.

I haven't tried it myself but from others you don't need to put in the AAA or AA passwords at all.

You never listed your donor phone so can't say if you can get them using DFS or some other method.

Sorry for the late response.....was busy most of the weekend with a huge pig roast we were throwing! YUM!

Anyway, the donor phone is a Sanyo Incognito! So what you are saying is just skip the step with the AAA password (i.e. leave it as it is?), and do everything else, and it should work?

Thanks again for your help guys! It is greatly appreciated! :)

Carfanatic

Feb 25, 2012
Sorry for the late response.....was busy most of the weekend with a huge pig roast we were throwing! YUM!

Anyway, the donor phone is a Sanyo Incognito! So what you are saying is just skip the step with the AAA password (i.e. leave it as it is?), and do everything else, and it should work?

Thanks again for your help guys! It is greatly appreciated! :)

I guess yes if you copy the other parts and then connect to wifi and do a profile update and the other updates then it should auto-fill the AAA and other passwords.

Copasta

Oct 22, 2011
I guess yes if you copy the other parts and then connect to wifi and do a profile update and the other updates then it should auto-fill the AAA and other passwords.

It didn't work! The log says something like "bad parameters" and something else about the AAA Password. I'm still on 1x, and I don't know what else to do. I'm at a loss.:confused:

Carfanatic

Feb 25, 2012
It didn't work! The log says something like "bad parameters" and something else about the AAA Password. I'm still on 1x, and I don't know what else to do. I'm at a loss.:confused:

As long as your on 32 bit windows and using DFS you can read all passwords directly from the incognito. You can't read them from the S3 but you can write them. So read on the Incognito and copy and paste directly to the S3 and then save/write and then you can transfer over the AAA and other passwords.

Copasta

Oct 22, 2011
As long as your on 32 bit windows and using DFS you can read all passwords directly from the incognito. You can't read them from the S3 but you can write them. So read on the Incognito and copy and paste directly to the S3 and then save/write and then you can transfer over the AAA and other passwords.

I didn't have any luck with that yet, but perhaps I'm just too tired tonight and not doing something correctly! I notice in the log that when I try to paste the password into it, the log changes to "offline", like its not reading the phone anymore! I don't know if there is another step I should be doing in there somewhere, but was following the steps to a tee! I'm going to be away from my computer for the next few days, so I will revisit this when I get back and hopefully I'll only have to suffer through 1X for a few more days! LOL! Thanks again for the help! I'm not done yet!!!

Last edited:

Ronhero

Sep 7, 2010
I need help getting spc for s3 MD4 4.1.2. I have done everything I can think of.

Was wondering if anyone could help. One click odin fails to downgrade to an older version and the getmy msl app will not work on MD4 4.1.2. I was told to downgrade but can't seem to find a tar download to try mobile odin

Anyone please help? ??

Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda app-developers app

AlpineMan

Aug 6, 2008
You do not need to downgrade the entire phone (ROM and modem). You can just downgrade the modem itself... If you're already rooted, you can flash an older GS3 modem on your phone using TWRP (my favorite) or Clockworkmod. That should allow you to get your SPC/MSL using the Get My MSL app.

Copasta

Oct 22, 2011
Ok, I've tried and tried every possible step in this process at least 50 times, and nothing works! I am stuck with 1x, and am probably going to go buy a new phone tomorrow! I can't live with 1x speeds! I guess this phone rooting/flashing, etc. is just too technical for my skills! Sucks.....cause I don't really want to spend another $400 on a Boost Mobile Galaxy S3, but at least it will have 4G in some rare spots! Thanks for trying....this thing is headed for Craigslist! :(

AlpineMan

Aug 6, 2008
One other option... Requires no flashing at all is Ting. They allow you to bring in your own Sprint 4G LTE phone like the GS3 and Note 2 with clean ESN.

sdwyz74

Jun 23, 2009
Seattle
Just wondering if someone can give me the boost mobile web address that pops up when you first flash a phone and it lets you log in your number and password so you can access your account! Cause I cant figure it out and when I try to go to boostmobile.com and then click my account it wont let me enter my phone number to access my account ??? Someone Pleas we advise thanks

warnereg

Jul 28, 2013
Grand Haven
I seem to be having the same problem as Copasta, I'm still stuck on 1xrtt:6 however I am running stock/rooted 4.1.1. Read the entire forum trying different things, probably a wrong setting somewhere. Everything BUT 3g works.

I have wrote hdr and hdr long passwords. Hrd sticks and is readable, the password for hdr long is unreadable, bad parameter, but im guessing that it wrote fine. Enabled prof 0 in dfs and wrote it. Entered nai, aaa, and ha (both the word secret and the real ha key) for prof 0 restarted phone, got error 67, updated prl and profile while connected to wifi. No luck. Also under about phone > status the prl version says 0 and on my way to grand rapids the other day I had almost no signal the entire way there on a major freeway so im willing to bet that my prl is messed. PLEASE HELP! 1XRTT IS HORRID!

Sent from my SPH-L710 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

---------- Post added at 04:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:36 PM ----------

Just wondering if someone can give me the boost mobile web address that pops up when you first flash a phone and it lets you log in your number and password so you can access your account! Cause I cant figure it out and when I try to go to boostmobile.com and then click my account it wont let me enter my phone number to access my account ??? Someone Pleas we advise thanks

Get a different browser or use a pc. I have problems with some text dialogs on the stock browser for whatever reason, try opera. Im guessing that its not letting you input text?

JUSMEJOSE

Jul 29, 2008
Anaheim, CA
I seem to be having the same problem as Copasta, I'm still stuck on 1xrtt:6 however I am running stock/rooted 4.1.1. Read the entire forum trying different things, probably a wrong setting somewhere. Everything BUT 3g works.

I have wrote hdr and hdr long passwords. Hrd sticks and is readable, the password for hdr long is unreadable, bad parameter, but im guessing that it wrote fine. Enabled prof 0 in dfs and wrote it. Entered nai, aaa, and ha (both the word secret and the real ha key) for prof 0 restarted phone, got error 67, updated prl and profile while connected to wifi. No luck. Also under about phone > status the prl version says 0 and on my way to grand rapids the other day I had almost no signal the entire way there on a major freeway so im willing to bet that my prl is messed. PLEASE HELP! 1XRTT IS HORRID!

---------- Post added at 04:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:36 PM ----------

Get a different browser or use a pc. I have problems with some text dialogs on the stock browser for whatever reason, try opera. Im guessing that its not letting you input text?

Pm me ill help ...

Sent from my SGH-M919 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

gadgetdaddy

Jan 29, 2011

Here ya go: http://m.boostmobile.com/myaccount/
There is also: http://vision.sprintpcs.com/cw

Give thanks if it helped :good:

Reactions: sdwyz74

sdwyz74

Jun 23, 2009
Seattle

Go Go gadgetdaddy Ha Ha it was the boost one you replied with thats the one It always goes to when I first flash and no matter what phone it lets me login Fu&$*#*$&'N score man your a Real HUCKLEBERRY! ive been trying to figure it out for weeks I was gonna flash a phone just to have it but Big Ups gadgetdaddy and to all else who tried to help

Ps

If you out on Boost Mobile Flashed or Not its real Handy when your trying to get in your account as when you just type in boostmobile.com in your Browser and select account 90% of the time it wont let you enter a number or password thanks to all GoGo gadgetdaddy!

Last edited:

Copasta

Oct 22, 2011
Pm me ill help ...

Sent from my SGH-M919 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Can you help me too? I have all but given up on getting any kind of decent speeds.....ie.3G! Like Warnereg said, everything else works fine on the phone, but 3G is non existent! Every once in a while, the 3G symbol will pop up, but no arrows show up (like it connecting), and then it goes back to 1x again. I also can't get the HA Long to stick in DFS......I don't know what is going on with it! I hate to go to Boost and buy an S3 just so I can have 3G speeds again! I mean, the phone worked fine for almost a year on Wicked Sensations 1.2! As soon as I updated the ROM to WS 4.1.2, it 1x for me! Please let me know if you can help! Thanks a million in advance, if you can!!!! I'm looking forward to the possibility of surfing the web once again!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    i got the passwords... hit the thanks

but all credits go to sedds89

16 digit passwords are the same as the s3 versions
    uscc-2010031619780721
    verizon-2009031920090615
    sprint-01F2030F5F678FF9 or 2012112120131219

code works on S4 too
    All his Big Brothers have been taken down ......... Epic 4G, EVO 4G, EVO Shift, EVO 3D, Epic 4G Touch, Nexus S. and even some VZN Phones have all been Flashed over to Boost Mobile, will the Almightily Heavy weight champion of the Smartphone WORLD be a challenge?? I'm planning to take him down (KTFO) as soon as I receive it in my Lake of the Woods next week. But if you take him down first tell us about it............Happy Flashing :)
    I finally got 3G working using DFS 4.0.0.4.

1) Go to the Programming tab.

2) Click on the Data sub tab.

2a) Click on Read button.

3) Under PAP:
    UID: samsung01@sprintpcs.com
    Pwd: samsung

4) Under HDR AN:
    NAI: MEID@hcm.sprintpcs.com
    Pwd: (checked) enter your 32 digit HEX AAA password

5) Under HDR AN Long:
    UID: MEID@hcm.sprintpcs.com
    Pwd: (checked) enter your 32 digit HEX AAA password

6) Put a check mark on "Authentication require password encryption"

7) Click on the Write button

8) Goto the Mobile IP sub tab.

8a) Click on Read button.

9) Right click on the first Profile radio button (that's Profile 0), and enable it.

10) Click on the Write button

11) On the Selected Profile settings section:
    NAI: MEID@hcm.sprintpcs.com
    Home address: 0.0.0.0
    Prim HA address: 68.28.15.12
    Sec HA address: 68.28.31.12
    AAA Shared Secret: enter your 32 digit HEX AAA password (put check mark on "Enter value in HEX")
    HA Shared Secret: secret (remove check mark on "Enter value in HEX"

12) Click on Write current profile settings.

13) Reboot the phone. Then run the Update Profile and Update PRL on your Galaxy S3.

14) Done.

The settings above is to activate the Galaxy S3 on a legacy Sprint account like SERO. I believe it will also work for Boost. I left Profile 1 alone since the Update Profile automatically takes care of this for you...and so it doesn't matter if you're activating this on SERO or Boost.
    I flashed the galaxy s3 to boost with 3g internet how can you get the mms working on it and I tried restoring apn with a apn backup restore but it says can't do that in 4.0

any help would be appreciated
    thank you for 16 digit code.

Root your phone if it isn't already then..Get the paid version of root explorer.. Then push apn backup & restore to system apps..reboot into recovery wipe cache, wipe dalvik cache, go to advanced fix permissions..reboot got back to apn app hit menu and disable the ics check... Now you got working mms... Cheers (also wiping the caches isn't needed I just like to do it)

Edit: Before doing the above steps ##3282# change the mms url to mm.myboostmobile.com, then back up that apn with the app or if you already have that apn xml then your golden, ics won't allow you to restore the apn if you don't follow the instructions up top.. Hit the thanks button if I helped you, also these instructions are in the play store under the apps description.. I take no credit into finding this I just read alot..lol give it a shot mms should work properly without the use of go sms.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda premium
    So overall, is everyone having pretty good success with moving their sprint gs3 phone to boost? I just lost my 25% discount and I am considering paying the $350 to get out of my contract and move to boost or might even try pageplus if the phone can do it. Pageplus seems like it would be a better deal as Verizon has a faster network in my area. They got LTE before we even got wimax.

I got mine going works great I did a tutorial go here to see it http://forums.team-nocturnal.com/showthread.php/1064-got-my-Galaxy-S3-on-Boost-Mobile