Why I Love Android

Search This thread

keithd203

May 20, 2013
Hello all. Over the past 4 years I've enjoyed reading the countless threads from people sharing their love of android, so I thought I would share my own story.

I've never understood the appeal of the iPhone. Even when it first arrived it didn't make me want to run out and slap $600 down to have it. So I bounced back and forth between the Palm Treo and different BlackBerries.

Then the Droid X was released. I fell in love with the big screen.....well big for 2010.....and was quickly introduced to the mysteries of rooting, ROMs, and themes. It was like a whole new world was revealed and I knew I'd found the phone system I was waiting for.

I moved from the Droid X to the X2 to the Galaxy Nexus. I loved the Nexus so much I wasn't interested in trying the Galaxy Note or any other phone. I also wasn't very daring when it came to ROMs. I found one that I liked and stuck with it. My DX had Eclipse, my DX2 had Cyangen, and my GNex had Sourcery which I absolutely loved. That ROM really showed me the level of customization I could reach with a device, and the ability to flash different themes and mods within Sourcery. That's why I stuck with my Nexus, I had it looking and feeling perfect.

I don't listen much to reviews or comments about things; I have to actually see and touch it for myself. When I finally saw the Note 2 in February 2013 and held it in my hand, I quickly upgraded. And now I anxiously await the Note 3.

I LOVE MY NOTE 2!!

I finally gathered the courage and soon learned the joy....and frustration....in flashing different ROMs. I would even say I became addicted to ROM hopping and flashed 4-6 ROMs a week. There are so many excellent ROMs available I just couldn't decide on one. It took me a few months but I slowed down and setup my current routine.

I'd flash a ROM and get it setup with theme, wallpaper, dock icons, widgets, and app folders. I'd use it for a few days until I was happy with the setup, then I'd Nandroid, save it to my desktop, and move on to the next ROM. Now, I have over 20 setups to choose from, and every 2-5 days I'll flash a Nandroid and fall in love with my Note 2 over and over again. I'd update the ROM to the latest version if needed, and change the setup if I was feeling the need.

Some may say this method is a waste of time, and maybe it is. But that's what keeps me loving this phone. People always talk about getting bored with the phone and needing to have the latest and greatest device. I'm not one of those people. I'm a simple old man that still smiles every time I look at my home screen. That's why I appreciate the developers of ROMs and themes, they keep my phone looking and feeling fresh and new. I hope one day to begin showing my thanx in a more tangible manner because I believe ALL developers need our support for the incredible work they do.

I'm currently running Jellybean 21, DarkNote theme, and a special hometown wallpaper and dock icons. Here's a pic of my homescreen; I'll post screens and info of my other setups as well.

Thanx for allowing me to share my story with you.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda app-developers app

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1377273106463.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1377273106463.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 344
Last edited:

hopesrequiem

May 27, 2011
Hello all. Over the past 4 years I've enjoyed reading the countless threads from people sharing their love of android, so I thought I would share my own story.

I've never understood the appeal of the iPhone. Even when it first arrived it didn't make me want to run out and slap $600 down to have it. So I bounced back and forth between the Palm Treo and different BlackBerries.

Then the Droid X was released. I fell in love with the big screen.....well big for 2010.....and was quickly introduced to the mysteries of rooting, ROMs, and themes. It was like a whole new world was revealed and I knew I'd found the phone system I was waiting for.

I moved from the Droid X to the X2 to the Galaxy Nexus. I loved the Nexus so much I wasn't interested in trying the Galaxy Note or any other phone. I also wasn't very daring when it came to ROMs. I found one that I liked and stuck with it. My DX had Eclipse, my DX2 had Cyangen, and my GNex had Sourcery which I absolutely loved. That ROM really showed me the level of customization I could reach with a device, and the ability to flash different themes and mods within Sourcery. That's why I stuck with my Nexus, I had it looking and feeling perfect.

I don't listen much to reviews or comments about things; I have to actually see and touch it for myself. When I finally saw the Note 2 in February 2013 and held it in my hand, I quickly upgraded. And now I anxiously await the Note 3.

I LOVE MY NOTE 2!!

I finally gathered the courage and soon learned the joy....and frustration....in flashing different ROMs. I would even say I became addicted to ROM hopping and flashed 4-6 ROMs a week. There are so many excellent ROMs available I just couldn't decide on one. It took me a few months but I slowed down and setup my current routine.

I'd flash a ROM and get it setup with theme, wallpaper, dock icons, widgets, and app folders. I'd use it for a few days until I was happy with the setup, then I'd Nandroid, save it to my desktop, and move on to the next ROM. Now, I have over 20 setups to choose from, and every 2-5 days I'll flash a Nandroid and fall in love with my Note 2 over and over again. I'd update the ROM to the latest version if needed, and change the setup if I was feeling the need.

Some may say this method is a waste of time, and maybe it is. But that's what keeps me loving this phone. People always talk about getting bored with the phone and needing to have the latest and greatest device. I'm not one of those people. I'm a simple old man that still smiles every time I look at my home screen. That's why I appreciate the developers of ROMs and themes, they keep my phone looking and feeling fresh and new. I hope one day to begin showing my thanx in a more tangible manner because I believe ALL developers need our support for the incredible work they do.

I'm currently running Jellybean 21, DarkNote theme, and a special hometown wallpaper and dock icons. Here's a pic of my homescreen; I'll post screens and info of my other setups as well.

I thank you for this story. Very well written. Long but I throughly enjoyed reading it. Brought me fond memories of the day I bought my first Android phone. The HTC Thunderbolt. It's been a passion of mine ever since. Thanks for this buddy, brought a lot of good memories back

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: keithd203

youknowhim

Jan 31, 2009
Google gave us what Microsoft did not, a choice! Kids and adults alike are now using Android in ways M$ only could dream about. Many of us here and other forums have the ability to enjoy a unified yet custom experience that has lead to companies being established etc... If it was not for android I would not be saving tons of energy running my mk808s instead of a PC..... The world has benefited from this platform indefinitely.

My only issue with the note 2 is the bluetooth quality no matter what rom I use, hopefully this gets fixed in 4.3. Thanks for the story!

Sent from my SCH-I605 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

keithd203

May 20, 2013
Very good read and I like the nan idea. ... until I saw the Baltimore wallpaper (I'm still sore about 4 and 29 last year)

Sent from my SGH-T889 using xda app-developers app

LOL....... Yeah, I struggled with that for a bit and still do. This season will answer all the questions. :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I LOVE MY NOTE 2!!

Google gave us what Microsoft did not, a choice! Kids and adults alike are now using Android in ways M$ only could dream about. Many of us here and other forums have the ability to enjoy a unified yet custom experience that has lead to companies being established etc... If it was not for android I would not be saving tons of energy running my mk808s instead of a PC..... The world has benefited from this platform indefinitely.

My only issue with the note 2 is the bluetooth quality no matter what rom I use, hopefully this gets fixed in 4.3. Thanks for the story!

Very good read and I like the nan idea. ... until I saw the Baltimore wallpaper (I'm still sore about 4 and 29 last year)

Sent from my SGH-T889 using xda app-developers app

I LOVE MY NOTE 2!!

I thank you for this story. Very well written. Long but I throughly enjoyed reading it. Brought me fond memories of the day I bought my first Android phone. The HTC Thunderbolt. It's been a passion of mine ever since. Thanks for this buddy, brought a lot of good memories back

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
    Really enjoyed reading this.