[ROM] 【4.3.1】(¯`'•.¸(¯`'•TACHYON•'´¯)¸.•'´¯)【 10/25/13】【V】【CM】【GPL】

Search This thread

Jeffhay

Nov 15, 2011
Sammamish, WA
I must really be lucky because my phone recognizes the internal and external memory card AND the camera and video camcorder works. I did the advanced wipe under twrp 2.6.0.0 and wiped all but android secure and external. When I went to wipe it for the second time, the internal memory turned into something weird like emmc or something like that; so I wiped it anyways :D

Aside from my amazing luck with that, I have been getting a lot of forced reboots when screen turns off. I had the governor set at 386mhz and I oc'd it to 18xx. I just changed it to the 4xxmhz and back to the stock 1516mhz and haven't had any in the last 5 minutes :)victory:) Any suggestions or ideas IF these settings do not fix my force reboots? Oh, I noticed my reception dropped about 1-2 bar consistently when I came from a the EclipticRez Sense based to this ROM. The plus side from the switch is I AM SEEING SPEEDS THAT ARE UNHEARD OF FROM THIS ROM! Neo, I don't know what you did or how you did it, but wow, this is much faster than 2.9.1. :highfive:

But does your camera take pictures directly to your external SD card?

pogibry

Jan 6, 2012
West Valley City
But does your camera take pictures directly to your external SD card?

That is a negative; I do not get an option to even decide. That does not bother me very much because I can either easily move them to my SD Card or just upload them to my Google Drive. As long as it takes the picture/video for me, that's all I really care about ;)

lancasterv3

Oct 24, 2010
neo i have to say the new sounds you used are freaking great! i scared the **** out of my wife with the screaming goat haha love it!

Sent from my HTC Rezound using Tapatalk 4

Reactions: Neo

Dred Hed

Mar 15, 2013
I had that problem earlier. Reboot with it in correct position helped me.

Sent from my HTC Rezound...Tachyon enhanced!

Finally, after a few reboots and tapping, it updated. Odd. But, unfortunately, I must take a few steps back. I can't hang with the reboots. I had 8 reboots today. Most were related to notifications/turning screen on. The others happened when trying to update a setting, open the phone dialer, and one just happened while I was blankly staring at the home screen for a few seconds (I have Simple Calendar and Eye In The Sky weather widgets on it).

I have a few other issues I faced today as well:
I got a notification for a voicemail at 5pm... only, the voicemail was from 8:45am, Also, I can't update my voicemail number. It allows me to type in the comma, passcode and hash, but after clicking 'ok', it does not update.

So, mostly because of the reboot issue, I think I'm going to revert back to Infection 2.5, which I know is stable for me. Keep at it Neo. I love your style. One feature I will miss a lot is for Google to restore my settings and apps. Neo, is there any way to get that to work on 2.5?
Or does anyone want to try to convince me to try anything else to combat this issue?
:(

mavpts

Jun 9, 2012
On ion. Formated mmc and still gallery takes forever to load and opening MMS pictures in gallery takes forever or doesn't load at all.

Sent from my Rezound on TACHYON-ION using Tapatalk 4

sn2hotty

Jan 5, 2011
Google Pixel Watch
I also had to go back to Infection 2.9.1 late this afternoon. I had 5 reboots just while on a train ride with my son this afternoon. One was a bsod reboot (also had one of those this morning), and the others came while trying to open GMail to view emails, reply to a text, and while pulling down the notification pull-down. Battery life isn't nearly as good as it was on Infection. As others have reported, the battery (extended) drains much faster. To address some unexpected lag I was experiencing, and the reboots, I tried upping my min CPU speed from 192 to 384, but it didn't help with the reboots. Yesterday I had flashed Funky Bean in hopes that it would help with reboots.

Well, for me at least, Infection 2.9.1 is the fastest and smoothest ROM. I have no issues with it, and it runs flawlessly. I will give TACHYON another shot soon. Thank you, Neo! :)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

onthehole

Nov 26, 2011
I was having the same reboot issues as well and flashed funky bean 3.8.5. It's been fast and solid ever since.

Can't wait for the next build neo. :)

Sent from my HTC Rezound.

replica9000

May 31, 2009
the reason your having the sdcard read error on earth or with any apps on a 4.3 build is after you flash to 4.3 you have to format your internal sdcard for it to read with any apps...after that the foldermount method should work

Didn't have to do that with mine... :confused:

It looks as though I may need to add an option into Camera to select storage type :) Sounds like enough of you want it, so I'll go look for it later.

Hopefully the camera will allow it. Seems most camera apps that will let you choose between internal or external storage, will still refuse to work if there is no external storage.

Neo

Moderator Emeritus / The One - ΠΣΘ
Aug 4, 2011
The Matrix
Didn't have to do that with mine... :confused:

Hopefully the camera will allow it. Seems most camera apps that will let you choose between internal or external storage, will still refuse to work if there is no external storage.

But in that case, if there is no external storage present, why would you need to be able to select external? The camera as it is now defaults to internal as there will always be internal. The option to change it to external would be a nice addition (should have already been in there quite honestly). Not sure why they took it out.

sn2hotty

Jan 5, 2011
Google Pixel Watch
I also had to go back to Infection 2.9.1 late this afternoon. I had 5 reboots just while on a train ride with my son this afternoon. One was a bsod reboot (also had one of those this morning), and the others came while trying to open GMail to view emails, reply to a text, and while pulling down the notification pull-down. Battery life isn't nearly as good as it was on Infection. As others have reported, the battery (extended) drains much faster. To address some unexpected lag I was experiencing, and the reboots, I tried upping my min CPU speed from 192 to 384, but it didn't help with the reboots. Yesterday I had flashed Funky Bean in hopes that it would help with reboots.

Well, for me at least, Infection 2.9.1 is the fastest and smoothest ROM. I have no issues with it, and it runs flawlessly. I will give TACHYON another shot soon. Thank you, Neo! :)

WELL, as a result of me refusing to give up, plus the fact that it was keeping me awake (LOL), I really want this to work, so for poops and giggles, I restored my most recent nandroid of TACHYON, AND while in recovery, I decided to flash the kernel that has been the most reliable for me with Infection- Hiro 7/7. Not only is it working, but it seems to be working well. Smooth and fast so far, and zero lag. I will let it run this way through tomorrow and see how we do as far as reboots and battery life. Let's keep our fingers crossed! Now it's bedtime, as school is closed tomorrow, and the little guy will be up at the crack of dawn! LOL

Sent from my Rezound on TACHYON using Tapatalk 4

---------- Post added at 01:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:48 AM ----------

WELL, as a result of me refusing to give up, plus the fact that it was keeping me awake (LOL), ....

Wow, how about that?? TACHYON held a wakelock on ME! LOL

Reactions: Neo and REV3NT3CH

replica9000

May 31, 2009
WELL, as a result of me refusing to give up, plus the fact that it was keeping me awake (LOL), I really want this to work, so for poops and giggles, I restored my most recent nandroid of TACHYON, AND while in recovery, I decided to flash the kernel that has been the most reliable for me with Infection- Hiro 7/7. Not only is it working, but it seems to be working well. Smooth and fast so far, and zero lag. I will let it run this way through tomorrow and see how we do as far as reboots and battery life. Let's keep our fingers crossed! Now it's bedtime, as school is closed tomorrow, and the little guy will be up at the crack of dawn! LOL

I've also found that to be a good combo.

Reactions: sn2hotty

3L3C7R0

Aug 13, 2010
Gilbert

---------- Post added at 01:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:48 AM ----------

Wow, how about that?? TACHYON held a wakelock on ME! LOL

Have you tried mms after reboot with hiro?

Sent from my GT-N5110

tmanschuette

Oct 23, 2011
Anyone tried ihwos's ion kernel with the ion build?
esahevuq.jpg

Edit: Snuzzo had done updated ones too.
hynyvetu.jpg

http://signatures.mobile-overload.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/sig-cm-5.png

Last edited:

sdsmithinc

Jan 8, 2009
Success! Finally I solved my issue with the camera not finding the storage area. CMW could not format the internal storage for some reason so I tried TWRP. I still couldn't format the internal UNTIL I notice that it reported that I wasn't rooted. Even though I'm S-Off (but relocked) and was rooted when in the rom, so I swiped the option and returned to recovery ( it kicks you out once you swipe the option) and Wal-la! I was able to format the internal so the camera now sees the storage area I also followed the instructions from the new PAC-Man that Neo had suggested when I reloaded the TACHY ROM. Again great Rom Neo!

Dark Jedi

Sep 23, 2012
Had a weird issue with tachyon yesterday. Phone got unplugged and died. When I woke up and plugged it in and then powered it on. It just bootlooped on the white HTC screen. I went in to recovery clears the caches and still bootlooped. I then dirty flashed the ROM and it booted fine but after ³ minutes it froze and went to the bootloops. So I just flashed a sense ROM beings I haven't been on one in awhile. Just wanted to get it out there invade it happens to others.

Reactions: Neo and Snuzzo

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [ROM] 【4.3.1】(¯`'•.¸(¯`'•TACHYON•'´¯)¸.•'´¯)【 10/25/13】【V】【CM】【GPL】

TACHYON.png

CDMA/GSM PMEM/ION ANDROID-4.3 CM-10.2 AOSP MAXIMIZED

What sets this particular rom apart from a standard CM-10.2 rom?

Observe:

*Built using my newly created GCC Freedom method which does the following at source level:
    -Builds the kernel 100% with SaberMod's 4.8 optimized GCC
    -Builds the rom 100% with SaberMod's 4.9 optimized GCC
    -Builds the rom and kernel with -Os compiler flags for cleaner code, better memory, and longer battery
    -Builds the rom and kernel with a full strict aliasing method set to error at "3" to optimize the entire build source
    *linaro patches to improve performance and cleaner code
    *Several cherry-picks for memory leaks
    *Fast Charge enabled in kernel
    *3 other governor options enabled in kernel
    *kernel pre-set back to 192 for minimum as the bsod fix is implemented now.
    *Option to pay through the app store via billing your wireless account (if your account is provisioned)
    *No annoying 160 text message splitting
    *Debloated MUCH further than a stock rom
    *Battery Bar option added
    *Copy and Paste ability in GTalk
    *Entropy Generator Mod for massive lag reduction and massively improved system response time! (Thanks lambgx02, Ryuinferno, and pepoluan!) (Please allow a few minutes for the rom to settle on first boot and allow first time application launches the time to cache. Rom is Incredibly quick with this mod)
    *Supercharged with the Supercharger mod
    *Maximum Overdrive Multitasking Mod
    *Framework Speed Transition mods (Thanks Snuzzo)
    *Facebook Contacts Sync. Your facebook pictures will now sync with your contacts.
    *Option to automatically connect to a remembered wifi location
    *Ability to configure the delay for snoozing calendar reminders.( This allows both configuring the default snooze delay as well as ask for the delay whenever snoozing a reminder.)
    *PowerUsage: show more apps with a more accurate percentage in battery info( - Increases the maximum displayed items from 10 to 20. - Make visible items with lower usage percentage (from 1 to 0.1) - Display two significant values (84%, 2.6%, 0.32%)
    *GPS connectivity mod for improved “lock”
    *Reduced City and Weather Condition font by 2sp to avoid ending dots for long city names in Cronus.
    *init.d tweaks for battery and performance
    *SEVERAL NEW Build.prop tweaks for optimized battery performance, internet speed, and system speed.
    *New assortment of ringtones, notification tones, and alarms.
    *Hot new boot animation

WHAT DOESN'T WORK/WORK RIGHT

-Camcorder is 50/50
    -You tell me?

OP will get some "beautification" tomorrow when I have more time.

PrintScreenPIE.png
    PrintScreenBattStat.png

***NOTE*** If this is your first time coming to an AOSP Rom and you are S-ON, you will need to extract the boot.img and flash it in hboot after the rom flash.

FOR BEST PERFORMANCE, FLASH WITH CLOCKWORK MOD RECOVERY. (Download link available in post #2 soon)

Please note, that I have not created a Light and Dev version of this rom nor have I created any Inverted variants. I will work on those later!

International users and those in need of a foreign pack, the files you need are flashable and located in the downloads section of Post #2.

********GAPPS ARE BAKED IN********

Enjoy the rom!

Download---> T A C H Y O N! <---Download

If you like my work, donations are always accepted!!

credits.png

A BIG Thank You to the following:
    [Chad0989] - For making AOSP even possible on the HTC Rezound.
    [flyhalf205] - For really stepping it up and fixing all the issues left unfixed.
    [Snuzzo] - For the amazing Funky Kernel in this rom.
    [sparksco] - For creating and allowing the use of his state of the art 4.9 toolchain.
    [mbobino] - For teaching me how to compile roms and always willing to help.
    [localceleb] - For his custom wallpaper in this rom!
    [XRaptor29] - For inspiring me to start developing.
    [SynisterWolf] - For being the best android buddy a guy could ever hope for :D

List%20of%20donators.png

A big THANK YOU to the following XDA Members for their generosity! I appreciate everything!
    Please PM me with your username if you are one of the following non xda user names listed below so that I may have you recognized properly.
    I realize that half of you are left off this list and I hope to update it soon!

CompTek | Matthew S. | Christopher E.
    WeThePeople13 | David P. | He W.
    RolandDeschain | William M. | Benjamin J.
    Drew C. | Eric K. | Valerie M.
    Matthew P. | Ryan K. | Eric B.
    Tad H. | Jeremy M. | Shawn T.
    B.MAC | Brandon E. | Max M.
    JL. | bestechnow | localceleb
    Thomas W. | Andy M. | David A.
    whotahnHTC | Brian M. | Jared G.

Guys if you like the rom, consider donating! It's always appreciated and will go directly to helping me support my mini me's insatiable desire to consume ice cream! :D

Mine: https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=ER36WF5HCHTEU

sparksco's: http://xdaforums.com/donatetome.php?u=2394329
    The Rez is my daily as my personal phone. The Optimus is my work phone upgrade from the HTC One X I recently relinquished. Me and the other developers have been actively and daily trying to fix issues with Kit Kat and once those are resolved, TACHYON-2.0 will be born.

Sent from my LG Optimus G Pro
    Almost there....

Cooking every day... Perfecting the recipe..
    TACHYON 1.2 will be my primary focus this week.
    Update

I will most likely start working on this update either tomorrow or Monday. I'm "planning" for a Friday 4/11/14 release.