[Guide][I9500]Expand your internal storage from 8GB to 11GB

Search This thread

Degrated Shadow

Feb 26, 2012
THE INTERNET
Mate,

Wanam's rom is stock. No changes to framework or anything. He has included everything in wanam's exposed app. Stock rom wont work. U will have to flash crash, arrow or omega.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using xda app-developers app

is this guy serious really?
wanam's rom works. there is basically no category like custom and stock. whats rooted is custom, however that maybe.
i doubt any other rom flashing will work at all

aminhasi22

Jul 2, 2012
wanam's rom works. there is basically no category like custom and stock. whats rooted is custom, however that maybe.

I myself use wanam's rom. It is an awesome rom. I am not sure how to differentiate between custom and stock rom. Wanam said in his thread that from now his roms would be stock and he would include all the changes in the app. And this method requires custom rom.

I tried installing wanam rom but it gave me status 0 error. Later on installed crash and it worked.

shamps

Jan 25, 2011

Wont hurt to try, coz if you are doing everything by the word, it might be the case.

If you even have any older version of any other rom, I would say give it a shot. We will know for sure.

Sent from my Samsung S4.
Press Thanks if I helped you.

Last edited:

Degrated Shadow

Feb 26, 2012
THE INTERNET
Wont hurt to try, coz if you are doing everything by the word, it might be the case.

If you have any older version of any other rom, I would say give it a shot.

Sent from my Samsung S4.

told ya that my HDD crashed.
but since you say i will try.
wanam is not stock. if there is a rom thats not rooted but is modified even then it is a custom rom.

shamps

Jan 25, 2011
told ya that my HDD crashed.
but since you say i will try.
wanam is not stock. if there is a rom thats not rooted but is modified even then it is a custom rom.

I know what you mean. But he says he himself had this issue and flashing a different rom worked. So you never know.

Sent from my Samsung S4.

Degrated Shadow

Feb 26, 2012
THE INTERNET
I know what you mean. But he says he himself had this issue and flashing a different rom worked. So you never know.

Sent from my Samsung S4.

okay.
my thanks limit reached by thanking you and op. lol!!
however i m downloading that whole firmware now so i should try that first. if that doesnt work then i would do that
will flashing the halogen rom work instad of arrow or crash?

Reactions: shamps

shamps

Jan 25, 2011
What a suspicious case..
Maybe your phone need cache partition more than 500MB, if you use 11.82GB pit, your cache partitions only below 600MB
FYI, i am using stock UBUBMH1 with Undefeatable script (More extreme and clean than Truly Clean 1.6)

Hey mate, please enlighten me on this undefeatable script you mentioned. Some kind of speed mod?

Sent from my Samsung S4.

hypergamer1231

Jan 23, 2011
Mumbai
www.youtube.com
Have a few questions before I jump in!!!!

HI guys I am on International I9500 which I bought from India..... Now before I take this huge risk I have a few questions

I would be following the steps I mentioned below please do let me know if any step is wrong

1) take a nandroid backup using philz
2) wipe data factory reset
3) use the pit from china firmware and just flash the pit from ODIN
4) flash stock recovery (cf root) for china firmware using odin
5) enter recovery and wipe cache and factory reset
6) flash philz recovery using odin (the recovery for I9500 in original android development section)
7) install omega and the phone would boot with 11gb internal memory

(I am unable to download the full firmware mentioned in op hence I would just be using the pit)
(I have stock indian firmware and guetmala firmware downloaded also in custom roms I have omega and crash and arrow rom downloaded)
(The last question I have is can I use any custom kernel like persues or adam)

I would highly appreciate if any expert can confirm that the process is correct and if anything goes wrong I have the tools!!!!

Last edited:

shamps

Jan 25, 2011
HI guys I am on International I9500 which I bought from India..... Now before I take this huge risk I have a few questions

I would be following the steps I mentioned below please do let me know if any step is wrong

1) take a nandroid backup using philz
2) wipe data factory reset
3) use the pit from china firmware and just flash the pit from ODIN
4) flash stock recovery (cf root) for china firmware using odin
5) enter recovery and wipe cache and factory reset
6) flash philz recovery using odin (the recovery for I9500 in original android development section)
7) install omega and the phone would boot with 11gb internal memory

(I am unable to download the full firmware mentioned in op hence I would just be using the pit)
(I have stock indian firmware and guetmala firmware downloaded also in custom roms I have omega and crash and arrow rom downloaded)
(The last question I have is can I use any custom kernel like persues or adam)

I would highly appreciate if any expert can confirm that the process is correct and if anything goes wrong I have the tools!!!!

Cf autoroot recovery is for 9500 international and not china.

You will have to flash modem. Also param.bin file.

I mentioned detailed steps a o
Couple of posts back. Follow them.

Cheers!!

Sent from my Samsung S4.

mamedz

Oct 9, 2011
xdaforums.com
Field Report :

Follow @Faye Reagan steps, and.... My memory expanded to 11.80 Gb

Before :
http://xdaforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=2239321&stc=1&d=1378476227

After follow instructions :
http://xdaforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=2239326&stc=1&d=1378476432

In Device Memory App Manager :
http://xdaforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=2239324&stc=1&d=1378476432

In Titanium Backup :
http://xdaforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=2239325&stc=1&d=1378476432

Now i'm running on The Legend V6 ROM, and running very smoothh...
Not yet doing *#9090# and flash param.bin as @Faye Reagan mentioned before, just *#0808# because my phone not connected to computer before..and now everything runs well

Thanks to :
@Faye Reagan
@shamps

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-09-05-22-17-32.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-09-05-22-17-32.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 267
  • Screenshot_2013-09-05-22-16-39.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-09-05-22-16-39.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 238
  • Screenshot_2013-09-05-22-15-15.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-09-05-22-15-15.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 228
  • Screenshot_2013-09-05-22-16-03.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-09-05-22-16-03.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 259

mw86

Jul 17, 2012
Afton
forum.techinferno.com
Nope, just like Script Truly Clean but i named it Undefeatable clean because it's extremely cut your bloatware with its dependencies

Can you share this script on xda, I searched high and low and couldn't see that you have. I used the Truly clean script and then removed more from there but I would love to get anything I didn't realize was uneeded and related. Please share if you don't mind sharing a bunch of users would jump on using it I am sure. I am sure it's of interest because I have the same interests as you have posted of removing more than just Truly clean script has removed. I don't use any of the Samsung TW apps really. It just sounds so great, I had to ask.

Goes very well with this mod I am sure :)

Edit:
Doh, just realized this was basically asked and answered above. Sorry.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi there, we all know that our i9500 comes with a 16GB flash chip. However since samsung squeezed in too much bloatware we have only 8.9GB available.

Now we have an official method by Samsung to expand it to be 11.8GB available to the user.

Before proceeding please know that this will erase all your data including your internal storage, so please make a backup first.
    And this method works for me as well as many of my friends, however I do not guarantee success and I do not hold any responsibility if your phone bricks,or your dog doesn't like it or whatever problem you may encounter.

We do this by flashing via Odin a Chinese base firmware kit including kernel, radio, rom ,csc, pit and etc. The "pit" file is a partition table file which contains partition information, so the flash chip will be re-partitioned and thus gives us more user space.

The change starts from Chinese ME5 firmware but I would not recommend ME5 version since the bootloader is locked in some sense and will cause some random problems.
    I don't recommend MG9 either since the modem gives problem.

So MG1 is our choice.

I9500ZCUCMG1

You can download it from here:
    Let me know if you suffer from slow connection, I can try to make a mirror.

http://pan.baidu.com/share/link?shareid=534429689&uk=2250796553

Update I have made a mirror, I included everything except the 2G system img file(due to my internet speed, and the fact that I can't find a free file hosting site for 1.3G file), which you can download easily from sammobile.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/i9500zcucmg1/files/I9500_ZCUCMG1_NoPDA.zip/download

Now unzip the file and you get these:

11.jpg

These files are to be flashed into your I9500 via Odin in Download mode. The adonis_C.pit file is the partition information file that does the magic. However please don't flash it alone. Repartitioning will erase everything including data, system , internal storage and etc, so if you flash pit alone, your phone won't boot because there is nothing to boot.

I assume you know how to use Odin, so please enter download mode on your I9500, connect it to Odin, and select in Odin the files according to this picture and then press start.

22.jpg

Wait for a few minutes and you're good to go! Check if the phone boots and if you get larger storage. If everything is good, you can then flash a custom recovery via Odin, and then flash whatever custom ROM you want.

I believe this will not cause compatibility problems with international ROM since I have flashed WanamLite, Crash, Arrow Rom and got no problems at all. But anyway keep in mind I do not hold any responsibility if your phone bricks,or your dog doesn't like it or whatever problem you may encounter.

Any Q&A please read post #3, I'll keep updating feedbacks from others.
    New Update For Kitkat

1-Flash pit via odin
    2-Flash Expandi9500.tar as pda (Expandi9500.tar Contain Stock Kitkat recovery , modem and param.bin)
    3-boot into recovery and wipe data
    4-Flash Custom Recovey
    5-Wipe All Partitions
    6-Flash Custom Rom

All Files From latest kikkat ROM
    I tried using stock bootloader.

What i do :

1. Flash the pit file via odin
    2. Flash Modem via odin
    3. Flash Stock Recovery for formatting cache and data first
    4. Flash Custom Recovery and formatting system
    5. Flash Custom ROM

8.92GB goes to 11.82GB

1. my problem is my phone getting slow and i will try to find what causing it :D
    2. my phone could not connect as mtp nor usb devices

edit:

I fixed it already :

1. Go to phone and press *#9090#, set log to hsic
    2. Go to phone and press *#0808#, set AP, MTP

or try flash this attach as pda
    Got it working - i9500

Tried all sorts of methods listed herein, including the OP, and the new post a page back by Al_Iraqi, but none of them worked for me.

The way I got mine done is as follows:

1. Put your i9500 in Download mode (Volume Down + Power + Home key)
    2. Flash pit file via Odin (tick Re-Partition, and do not tick Auto-Reboot) - this step will partition your internal memory as per promised in this thread and make available 11+ GB to user instead of the Samsung partitioned 8+ GB)
    3. Reboot to download mode manually
    4. Flash CF Auto Root by Chainfire - phone will go into root mode, with a red Android bot in the background, and the CF script will flash stock recovery before rebooting
    5. Catch the CF reboot, and reboot to stock recovery manually (Volume Up + Power + Home key)
    6. Wipe data and cache
    7. Reboot to download mode, and flash latest Philz touch advanced CWM version
    8. Reboot into this newly installed CWM recovery
    9. Wipe Data/Cache/Dalvik
    10. Format system/data/cache
    11. Install your custom ROM zip (I used CM11 nightly due small size and generally fast operation)
    12. Install Google Apps zip
    13. Reboot system once all complete (first boot takes longer, so don't panic) If more than 5 min elapse at bootanimation, kindly reboot into recovery, and wipe cache partition and reboot
    14. Enjoy your 'new' phone with 3+ GB more of internal memory!

I tried above step of al iraqi, but when i go to wipe everything in twrp or cwm it says cant mount data,cant mount sd ext. i even cant install rom from external sd.please help

what I did to get it work
    1- Flash pit file
    2- Flash Stock recovery and wipe everything
    3- Flash CWM and My custom rom
    All work fine

Followed above listed procedure, and can advise that:

1. booted into stock recovery, but getting error mounting data
    2. wipe of data also presents same error as 1.
    3. Flashed custom recovery(Philz), and also installed CM11 nightly, though now only the Cyanogen boot screen continues to show without proceeding further

Kindly help/guide.
    screenshot