[NIGHTLY][ROM][4.3] CyanogenMod 10.2 for Samsung Galaxy S

Search This thread

Shiesh1

Sep 16, 2011
Can someone help me find the latest cwm so I can flash the 4.3 rom. I've been searching but cannot find it. Thanks

saszseb

Jan 30, 2011
Hungary, Gy-M-S.
Im on ICS tiramislim. Pretty old but i need to use my backup phone lol. Cannot help the flasher in me and so i want to upgrade haha. or can someone tell me how to upgrade to 4.3

Thanks
- turn your phone off
- go to recovery via 3 button combo
- factory reset
- format /system
- flash the latest 4.3 nightly twice
- reboot
- recovery
- flash 4.3 gapps
- reboot.

Reactions: Shiesh1

macia10

Nov 25, 2010
Łódź
Hm,
Just noticed that everytime when I connect hedphones phone softreboots. And when I leave them connected it boots to lockscreen and reboots untill I unplug the headphones. I've got nightly from yesterday. Newest gapps and no mods.

pawitp

Inactive Recognized Developer
Oct 30, 2010
Bangkok
Hm,
Just noticed that everytime when I connect hedphones phone softreboots. And when I leave them connected it boots to lockscreen and reboots untill I unplug the headphones. I've got nightly from yesterday. Newest gapps and no mods.

Please file a bug report according to the format on the first post. Do not forget to attach a logcat taken during the softreboot.

EDIT: fixed http://review.cyanogenmod.org/#/c/50478/

Last edited:

guijarrelson

Dec 11, 2010
Spain
Sometimes, I see 3G freezes and my SGS don't have any connections. The icon looks gray without any activity.

A workarround to restore connection, is a switch cycle of fly mode. After that, icon looks blue and with activity.

Tapatalked from Samsung Galaxy S with Cyanogenmod 10.2

twinky444

Jan 9, 2012
where the Wi-Fi is.
Menu reorganization

Hi, I wonder when CM started to rearrange settings, why the "Personalization" section with Home/Lock screen, themes & System settings aren't under "Personal", where the Profiles are? I mean "Personalization" and "Personal" is pretty much the same, isn't it?

How about that rearrangement? What do you think?

freakymod2120

Jun 26, 2013
Hi,

i had this, too but with my "actual" nightly 2013-0915 it gets better and better...with older nightlies i`ve to change to airplane mode often, especially when my network wasn`t great, but with the last nightlies i used it is really better...

I`m not sure, if we can catch this situation with a logcat :confused:

Sometimes, I see 3G freezes and my SGS don't have any connections. The icon looks gray without any activity.

A workarround to restore connection, is a switch cycle of fly mode. After that, icon looks blue and with activity.

Tapatalked from Samsung Galaxy S with Cyanogenmod 10.2

pawitp

Inactive Recognized Developer
Oct 30, 2010
Bangkok
Hi, I wonder when CM started to rearrange settings, why the "Personalization" section with Home/Lock screen, themes & System settings aren't under "Personal", where the Profiles are? I mean "Personalization" and "Personal" is pretty much the same, isn't it?

How about that rearrangement? What do you think?

Feature requests/non-device-specific bug reports are to be submitted to JIRA after an M-series build is released

jira.cyanogenmod.org

Reactions: twinky444

legend_wok

Nov 10, 2010
What is your--
Phone model: SGS i9000
Radio (baseband): ZZJPG / XXJVT
CM version: 10.2-20130914-NIGHTLY
CM Download url: CM updater
Gapps version: gapps for 4.3 from aug 13th

Did you--
wipe: no
restore with titanium backup: no
reboot after having the issue: yes

Are you using--
a task killer: no
a non-stock kernel: no
CMSettings/Performance settings (other than stock): no
other modifications: no

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:

i'm having the problem with mobile internet connection dropping when a call is started (either incoming or outgoing).
i tried different modems with no success (ZZJPG, XXJVT). also tried older 10.2 builds - same behavior.
going back to 10.1 "solves" the problem.

Last edited:

afcrib

Feb 15, 2011
Lisboa
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
Hello,

Maybe its answered already but since this is big thread here it goes. I installed the rom with full wipe and when i went for lockscreen slider shortcuts i tried to reset them (i don't want any shortcut) and then save. Problem is it just ignores this and when i go back to lockscreen i still have all the sliders there. I installed the 09/17 but its still the same! Any clue?

Cheers and thanks

Last edited:

ficko_98

Nov 11, 2011
Jagodina
Hello,

Maybe its answered already but since this is big thread here it goes. I installed the rom with full wipe and when i went for lockscreen slider shortcuts i tried to reset them (i don't want any shortcut) and then save. Problem is it just ignores this and when i go back to lockscreen i still have all the sliders there. I installed the 09/17 but its still them same! Any clue?

Cheers and thanks

I also get that first time, after that it works.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 4.3 (Jelly Bean), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.
    Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */

CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

What are Nightly builds? Auto compiled builds of the latest CyanogenMod source from github. This version change each night and aren't officialy supported. If you find bugs/issues you can/must discuss here (do not submit nightlies bug on CyanogenMod issue tracker).

Downloads

Latest build: http://download.cyanogenmod.org/?device=galaxysmtd
    Google Apps: http://goo.im/gapps
    Please use http://goo.im/devs/Hashcode/gapps/gapps-jb-20130729.zip or http://d-h.st/4vB for versions prior to 20130816

Installation

- First time flashing CM10.2 to your Galaxy S (or coming from another ROM)?

See detailed instruction on the CyanogenMod wiki

1. Root your device and install ClockworkMod Recovery.
    2. Reboot into Recovery using 3-button-combo
    3. Do a Nandroid backup!
    4. WIPE (wipe data/factory reset + wipe cache partition)
    5. Install the ROM from internal sdcard using ClockworkMod Recovery
    6. Optionally install the Google Addon
    - Upgrading from CM7/CM9?
    1. Do a Nandroid Backup!
    2. WIPE (wipe data/factory reset + wipe cache partition)
    3. Install the ROM from internal sdcard using ClockworkMod Recovery
    4. Optionally install the Google Addon
    - Upgrading from another CM10/CM10.1/CM10.2 prior to 20130816 Build?
    1. Do a Nandroid Backup!
    2. Install the ROM from internal sdcard using ClockworkMod Recovery
    3. Optionally restore /data from Nandroid Backup (the update will wipe your /data)
    - Upgrading from another CM10.2 Build?
    1. Do a Nandroid Backup!
    Note: The partition layout of CM10.2 (beginning from 20130816 nightly) differs of that of CM10/CM10.1. The first install will wipe your /data to switch to the new layout, but after that you may use CWM to restore/backup data of CM10/10.1/10.2. More about repartitioning

Reporting Bugs

You are allowed to report bugs only in this thread. Before reporting a bug, please make sure you are running as stock as possible. This means no custom kernel, no custom framework modification, etc. If you are using any of the above modifications, please flash the rom again to get rid of the modifications before reporting.

REPORT BUGS IN THIS THREAD ONLY

• Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab /proc/last_kmsg. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. The following is a useful format to follow. Note: If you can provide the latest night/build that the bug didn't exist, it would greatly help in tracking down what caused it.

Code:
    What is your--
    Phone model:
    Radio (baseband):
    CM version:
    CM Download url:
    Gapps version:

Did you--
    wipe:
     restore with titanium backup:
    reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
    a task killer:
    a non-stock kernel:
    CMSettings/Performance settings (other than stock):
    other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:

FAQ
    Does this ROM support FM radio?
    I've checked and the new FM API in CM is not really compatible with our device without heavy modification. Applications using the new API expect to be able to read the FM input as it if were another stream, but FM on our device only does pass-through from FM receiver to speaker/headset, which causes certain functionalities to not work such as volume control. Maybe one can modify the audio routing table in the kernel to have it behave like the API expected, but I'm not really interested in investing time to do that.

TL;DR: No built-in FM radio except if someone else does it and submits a patch.

Why is there less internal storage than CM 10.1?
    Due to larger size required for newer versions of Android and CM improvements, space has to be taken from /data for system apps.

Can I request a feature?
    If it is a feature in general CyanogenMod, please post the request at the CyanogenMod bug tracker.
    http://jira.cyanogenmod.org

IRC
    Join us on #teamhacksung-support (user channel) or #teamhacksung (developer channel)

Changelog
    A rough changelog is available here:
    http://changelog.bbqdroid.org/#/cm10.2/galaxysmtd or http://10.2.cmxlog.com/?device=galaxysmtd

The CyanogenMod team would like to thank everyone involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging & documenting! Enjoy!

For previous UNOFFICIAL builds, please see http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=44603320&postcount=332
    Important information about repartitioning

The next nightly will repartition /system to be 600 MB (from the previous 400 MB) to fit the ever enlarging Android system. The repartition process is automatic, but you will lose your /data. When flashing, the first installation will fail with a warning that your /data will be wiped, simply select the .zip again and the install will proceed. If you've backed up your phone before installation (which you should), you may restore /data from backup (using "Advanced Restore" option in CWM) with no ill effect.
    Please can we have a temporary fix for 3g data... I am using it as a regular rom and all is smootch jst data is missing and i cannot always be on wifi...
    Will be grate for some help... Thanks

Sent from my GT-I9000 using xda premium

No. Some bugs don't have a quick temporary fix, especially system bugs. The temporary fix would be to go back to CM 10.1.

However, a permanent fix is included in the 20130803 build just uploaded, enjoy!
    What is your--
    Phone model: i9000
    Radio (baseband): xxjvt
    CM version: cm10.2
    CM Download url: http://get.cm/get/bBs
    Gapps version: gapps-jb-20130813-signed.zip
    Did you--
    wipe: yes
    restore with titanium backup: no
    reboot after having the issue: yes

Are you using--
    a task killer: no
    a non-stock kernel: no
    CMSettings/Performance settings (other than stock): no
    other modifications: no

The same problem of RalphUp, built in / Firefox / Chrome when browsing (in this case a page of hdblog with stock browser) after a couple of minutes I get black screen then thrown back to the home screen.
    Logcat: http://pastebin.com/NYFLhkyJ

same thing with Browser black screen then returning to home screen but catlog was set to DEBUG mode so may be more useful ;)

I believe they were killed due to insufficient RAM. How much free RAM do you have (Settings -> Application -> Running)?

Nothing can really be done about it though.

Maybe KitKat will improve things, maybe it won't, maybe it won't be ported. We'll see. No ETA.
    Archive for UNOFFICIAL builds

CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 4.3 (Jelly Bean), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.
    Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */

CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

What are these builds? Builds compiled by me, the CyanogenMod maintainer for I9000, but marked as unofficial because they didn't come from the build servers. This thread will be renamed into nightlies when they are released. If you find bugs/issues you can/must discuss here (do not submit nightlies bug on CyanogenMod issue tracker).

Downloads

Latest build: http://goo.im/devs/pawitp/galaxysmtd_cm10.2
    Google Apps
    20130729: http://goo.im/devs/Hashcode/gapps/gapps-jb-20130729.zip or http://d-h.st/4vB (found on Google)
    20130726: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B4uYV0ult60hYXdmQ0ZRVndTS3c/edit (Thanks, Jiangyi) or http://d-h.st/VhC

Installation

- First time flashing CM10.2 to your Galaxy S (or coming from another ROM)?
    1. Root your device and install ClockworkMod Recovery.
    2. Reboot into Recovery using 3-button-combo
    3. Do a Nandroid backup!
    4. WIPE (wipe data/factory reset + wipe cache partition)
    5. Install the ROM from internal sdcard using ClockworkMod Recovery
    6. Optionally install the Google Addon
    - Upgrading from CM7/CM9?
    1. Do a Nandroid Backup!
    2. WIPE (wipe data/factory reset + wipe cache partition)
    3. Install the ROM from internal sdcard using ClockworkMod Recovery
    - Upgrading from another CM10/CM10.1/CM10.2 Build?
    1. Do a Nandroid Backup!
    3. Optionally install the Google Addon
    Note: The partition layout of CM10.2 is identical to that of CM10/CM10.1 and thus you may use CWM to backup/restore.

Known Issues
    • SELinux context of some files not always being set properly
    • Trebuchet sometimes crashing
    • Crashy Focal
    • HSDPA sometimes not being displayed properly (gsm.network.type not set properly)

Reporting Bugs

You are allowed to report bugs only in this thread. Before reporting a bug, please make sure you are running as stock as possible. This means no custom kernel, no custom framework modification, etc. If you are using any of the above modifications, please flash the rom again to get rid of the modifications before reporting.

REPORT BUGS IN THIS THREAD ONLY

• Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab /proc/last_kmsg. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. The following is a useful format to follow. Note: If you can provide the latest night/build that the bug didn't exist, it would greatly help in tracking down what caused it.

Code:
    What is your--
    Phone model:
    Radio (baseband):
    CM version:
    CM Download url:
    Gapps version:

Did you--
    wipe:
     restore with titanium backup:
    reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
    a task killer:
    a non-stock kernel:
    CMSettings/Performance settings (other than stock):
    other modifications:

FAQ
    Does this ROM support FM radio?
    I've checked and the new FM API in CM is not really compatible with our device without heavy modification. Applications using the new API expect to be able to read the FM input as it if were another stream, but FM on our device only does pass-through from FM receiver to speaker/headset, which causes certain functionalities to not work such as volume control. Maybe one can modify the audio routing table in the kernel to have it behave like the API expected, but I'm not really interested in investing time to do that.

TL;DR: No built-in FM radio except if someone else does it and submits a patch.

Can I request a feature?
    If it is a feature in general CyanogenMod, please post the request at the CyanogenMod bug tracker.
    http://jira.cyanogenmod.org

IRC
    Join us on #teamhacksung-support (user channel) or #teamhacksung (developer channel)

Changelog
    • Mostly Fixed: SELinux warnings
    • Hopefully Improved: GPS
    • Fixed: Mobile data does not work
    • Fixed: Recovery shows /storage/sdcard0 and /storage/sdcard1 as mount points
    • Fixed: Internal SD not mounting on a small number of devices
    • Fixed: Focal crashes on start
    • Fixed: Stock camera crashes when switching back -> front -> back
    • Fixed: Root not working unless setting is changed (but future versions may come with root disabled as default)
    • Hopefully Fixed: Frequently crashing RILD

• Initial release

Special Thanks
    The CyanogenMod project leaders for doing the 4.3 merge on top of the core CM code
    cdesai for working on p1, a board similar to aries which shares a lot in common and for working on prelink (bringing back RILD)

The CyanogenMod team would like to thank everyone involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging & documenting! Enjoy!