Thl w200

Search This thread

amd64best

Aug 28, 2013
I had tried Ludoos MIUI rom and it's very nice.

This version is extremely smooth and work well. Thank you Mr. Ludoo for your hard work and excellent rom.

---------- Post added at 06:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:44 AM ----------

A lot of chinese roms have that camera app included. It is a 4.2 camera.
Here you have download link
(apk), few screenshots and macro photo sample.

Turn on wifi, download Offline SIM APN Database from Google PLay store.
Chose your provider and copy given info to the phone network settings (new apn)

Thank you for your help. I have received correct setting from my local provider and I can use 3g now.

Nestagirl

Feb 23, 2012
Guys, I have another question: In your opinion which phone of a well-known brand (Sony, LG, Samsung, etc) is similar in size and shape to ThL w200? I want to buy a protector case, but at the stores I visited, everybody told me that they only sell for these brands (specially iPhone ¬¬) and they couldn't help me, and the less I want is to buy a case on a chinese store and wait a month for it, I feel my cellphone really unprotected and the plastic case that came with it is about to break :S thanks in advance!

RobboW

Jul 5, 2012
Forster, NSW, Australia
Probably THL and ZOPO about the same, but this is the first Chinese phone I've purchased. I'm just going by what I've seen online.
I think in general, Chinese phones will improve due to strong competition like these leading brands.

Posted from W200 with XDA app :)

---------- Post added at 06:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:09 PM ----------

Guys, I have another question: In your opinion which phone of a well-known brand (Sony, LG, Samsung, etc) is similar in size and shape to ThL w200? I want to buy a protector case, but at the stores I visited, everybody told me that they only sell for these brands (specially iPhone ¬¬) and they couldn't help me, and the less I want is to buy a case on a chinese store and wait a month for it, I feel my cellphone really unprotected and the plastic case that came with it is about to break :S thanks in advance!

None is the short answer, unless you get a slip in pouch or belt case. All the large phones have small differences, shape, dimension, button, camera and flash position, sensors, ports, mic and speaker etc.

Reactions: Nestagirl

fbhtc

Nov 13, 2010
Lisbon

Hi,

The best protection for your phone is th flip case because keep the elegance of your W200 and protection too ;)

You can buy in thlmobilmall or in antelife store, and 3 weeks are in your house, it's worth the wait

Reg,
FB

Last edited:
Reactions: Nestagirl

chris9220

May 16, 2012
Hi, I downloaded the MIUI ROM and installed as per instructions.

Booting up .... many error messages "unfortunately xxxxx processes had stop" appeared

Appreciate any help available from the experts ... thank you in advance

PS: had restored back to stock ROM from CWM now

RobboW

Jul 5, 2012
Forster, NSW, Australia
I've modified the boot animation from my W200 so that it has negative colours. So background is black instead of white, text is reversed colours too, then I zipped it and dropped it back into system/media then fix permissions. I can open the images by the phone and they look correct, but on boot it does not work. Any ideas? I kept the images same format as original and everything. Just can't see why it won't play it at boot. I did it again with different encoding, still no good, it doesn't even play the boot tone, but when I drop the original file back in and fix permissions, it boots with animation and tone as normal.

Attachments

• logo0040.jpg
    logo0040.jpg
    10.2 KB · Views: 150
Last edited:
Sep 17, 2013
My new ThL W200 arrived today,Sadly it has mtk6589 cpu like other owners of this phone,It was bought from AntElife,
Sent them email immediately and i am waiting for their answer,Only13453 score in antutu.

zdravke

Jul 24, 2011
I am so glad antelife would not ship to Belgium, so I bought it from etotalk. They even had free dhl shipping.

sent from W200 using xda app

RobboW

Jul 5, 2012
Forster, NSW, Australia
Maybe THL couldn't get enough 1.5 for demand a put 1.2 instead? Or someone used the wrong parts bin by mistake and there's a whole batch like this.
Not good at all.

RobboW

Jul 5, 2012
Forster, NSW, Australia
The point of W200 was specifically to have the 1.5 for a powefull base model, I guess to replace and outperform W100, not be it's brother.
It hasn't been advertised as a 1.2 that I've seen.

fbhtc

Nov 13, 2010
Lisbon
Overclock

The point of W200 was specifically to have the 1.5 for a powefull base model, I guess to replace and outperform W100, not be it's brother.
It hasn't been advertised as a 1.2 that I've seen.

Hi,

It´s possible to do the overclock of 1.2 GHz to 1.5 GHz that Thl has made ​in the mtk6589?

Reg,
FB

brady56

Mar 27, 2012
antelife is scram

I am so glad antelife would not ship to Belgium, so I bought it from etotalk. They even had free dhl shipping.

Antelife is a liar and many people cheated. They commitment on their website to buy mobile phones in stock and shipped within 2 days, but never delivery. When send e-mail to ask them why not delivery phone, they always tell you to wait and variousevasive reason always, even ignoring thepeople.The description of product on antelife are not correct.Don't believe antelife free gif, it was a scam. If your phone is broken they will not really help you solve. In fact in Antelife companny have no a technician and customer service is also very little. After-sales service is very bad.

Antelife is selling the inferior-quality of mobile phones, many products are fake,for exemple Thl is the changjiang OEM.
GPS can be used rarely and call quality is very bad contains noise, problem will occurred after 1 month.

Antelife's phones are call copycat mobile phone in China, most of product are sold to abroad (developing countries) and domestic market are rare.

Antelife companny is a small company, they do not have factories and treat employees work is bad. They won't tested machinethe before shipping and manufacturers do not trust them, so never believe them. If you have already bought their phone, it is better to return as soon as possible.I suggest to buy mobile phones in amazon, etc.

---------- Post added at 11:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:10 AM ----------

http://www.webutation.net/go/review/antelife.com
read this then no one want to buy from that site.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Tools

For those looking for the software tools and files for working on their W200, here is a pick of what worked for me.

Zipped so I could upload, just download and un-zip.

I have tried to upload these before but for some reason never could.
    XperiaC ROM V2

CHANGELOG V2

- Flashable CWM/TWRP zip
    - Busybox enabled
    - init.d enabled
    - Framework cleaned, some unused files and drivers deleted
    - Rooted
    - Software updated, should fix Walkman problem
    - Zipalign APKs
    - GAPPS included
    - Deodex APP and Framework
    - etc.

Changes are not revolution, but definitely are evolution. ROM is faster and lighter. I have removed a lot of software which I have included in the first version. Also changed boot animation and removed Chinese shutdown animation from previous version.

Many people asked about capacitive buttons backlight It is not a problem to turn on lights, but since XperiaC doesnt have them there is no procedure to turn it of. I don't have enough knowledge to implement such procedure into ROM (if somebody know how to do it, I will be more than happy to implement). There is work arround, please use

KEYBOARD BACKLIGHT CONTROLLER

One thing that was pissing me of in V1 was changing network mode, too many steps to make that. On stock ROM there is perfect software for this task called TOGGLE2g but is is incompatible with Xperia and many other OEM ROMs. OK, found solution and now we have simple network tasker incorporated within XperiaC V2 ROM.

I did many other minor mods and fixes, updated sony apps, added Sony Motion shot app, etc

All Sony widgets are working without any problem.

DOWNLOAD
    ROM 130815 with support for both touchscreen models, from a system dump of a recently delivered phone. Flash through recovery, the additional zip contains all removed apps, you can open it and remove the apps you don't need before flashing.

https://mega.co.nz/#!ttxnVLwY!KGatGkxvyO8CE94oLXZTRknZY9ZJ-pGzb4OiwC0XcOc
    https://mega.co.nz/#!JxAHjLJb!fxPypB2ShyyiEM5wdVXvxiGkCR94I7kCh_S9TXvA2Oo

Screenshot_2013-09-21-10-10-13.png
    Screenshot_2013-09-21-10-11-57.png
    THL W200 "Can't connect to camera"

Solution for "Can't connect to camera".

Problem description:
    Sometimes camera do not work on THL W200 (Sometimes both cameras and flash). Rebooting device helps temporarily. Sometimes you can see vertical noise stripes on camera window. As somebody posted: sometimes removing and putting back cover - temporarily solves problems. If You have this problem here is permanent solution:

Be aware if You do this on Your own or by some technician not from THL You'll loose Your warranty. (There'is a warranty sticker on a one screw). And as always - I take no any responsibility. Do it if You want, don't do it if You're scared or haven't disassembled any small part electronic equipment.

First I used manual from "showtopic=477275&st=3420#entry25822546" from 4pda.ru to disassemble phone's case "plate" on 12 screws I have noticed that soft small pieces of rubber which is attached to case plate on inner side is surely overheated and melted, so it doesn't press well on camera's flex cable socket (I have also noticed heat coming from this place on heavy phone load):

(Photo 1) - One melted small piece of rubber

So I decided to temporarily test this by placing some sticker cuts on them:

(Photo 2) - Place to put sticker (in red on photo) rectangular cuts.

(Photo 3) - I placed them in two layers because of them being very thin (both - 0,3mm) (And i know that I wasn't accurate to cut well :angel: )

Problem disappeared completely. So real fix would be to replace those melted pieces of rubber with temperature resistant ones.

Sorry for my english I do my best. And it's my first post on xda.
    Just for djport1973 I have created S4 port. It is HDC Galaxy S4 Legend UI with some additional changes. It will be uploaded tonight after some more testing and posted here tomorrow. For now it is great ROM. Hope that you will like it.

Some teasing screenshots :D:eek: