{Mini/Mini Pro/Active/Live}[DEV][JB 4.2.2][CM10.1] LegacyXperia

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

bejunk

May 9, 2013
Berlin
If you need wifi 24/7 on, this is not a rom for you.
As I said in another post, I'm starting to think that wifi problems are hardware related. The drivers we're using are used by 2 other devices in official CM without a single problem. In the past 5 months we've tried more than you can imagine without a single improvement in wifi. Wifi will probably remain a permanent problem in 3.x+ kernels, unless someone does some magic and fixes it.
After using cm10.1 for 5 months, going back to cm10 seems impossible to me since performance is great in 10.1.

hey mike, 1st thanks for ur work u and other dev's invest, to make JB so great on our devices. but i have a few questions:
1. pcfighter add a 'wifi-patch' which fixes some missing strings in some wifi-file (he linked it on his rom thread in a post), will u included it in CM10.1..?? (do a 2nd stable-release,would be great)

2. as i use thether very often (nearly 70% of my computer internet) i can say that the disconnects happen on BIG load, so if i open youtube vid in HD and open site like xda its preferred to disconect. same for opening more (3-5 or more) tabs at once. or if i try download torrent same thing,also there 100 more i can tell u, all have situations have 1 thing together, i used many internet stuff (browser and programms doing alot of 'requests') so when i faced a disconnect it was due to ''heavy-communication'' (sry for n00by desc.), maybe ur right and its sometimes its TO much for the HW and it stucks/restars sth other to work properly after.. so can u may pls take a look in files handling data stream (amout); sth is wrong in there, i think.. :)
thank u very much.

also, i faced that the battery optimization feature, didnt affect my battery, in fact wifi consumes very low battery on .60 kernel compared to older builds, but sometimes wifi is by 6% ''andorid system'' behind with 3or4% in battery stats, but especially as i switched on this kernel it used MORE power, then after 1 day lower and so on, somedays its very well and sometimes its battery drain is likly more...

Last edited:

Rapier-

2. as i use thether very often (nearly 70% of my computer internet) i can say that the disconnects happen on BIG load, so if i open youtube vid in HD and open site like xda its preferred to disconect. same for opening more (3-5 or more) tabs at once. or if i try download torrent same thing,also there 100 more i can tell u, all have situations have 1 thing together, i used many internet stuff (browser and programms doing alot of 'requests') so when i faced a disconnect it was due to ''heavy-communication'' (sry for n00by desc.), maybe ur right and its sometimes its TO much for the HW and it stucks/restars sth other to work properly after.. so can u may pls take a look in files handling data stream (amout); sth is wrong in there, i think.. :)

Issue confirmed. Tried tether last night. After a while the internet just not connected, while my ST17i still show "Tethering" status.

rzepa90

Mar 4, 2012
Wroclaw
Hey, I don't know if anyone else experienced some headphones related issue but if I want to listen to music not every headphones are working(some are but some don't....and it is completely random which are working) also, and this annoys me more - when I press play either on widget or directly in Apollo with headphones plugged in sound is playing through the speaker. I must disattach headphones and attach them back in order to use them. I noticed it on 0617 and it is also present in 0630 nightly

I don't know why but on 0908 it is even worse - I must reattach headphones several times....Am I the only one who has this issue?

Ghuntar WALDMEISTER

Jun 26, 2012
Near Paris
It's not a theme issue. The devs already know about the issue, but mike said it's hard to fix, because MDPI support is officially dropped starting from CM10.1

In your devices it's probably ok because you changed the dpi.

heh Im wrong. I thinked that this screen is sim unlock. But it is lockscreen unlock. Heh, yea have this bug also :) Sorry for my missunderstanding

So lucky I prefer 140dpi, and themes working.

So what should I do ?

On the XMP the "real" dpi is 192 (according to gsmarena.com), should I modify it to this number in build.prop ? I'm sorry, I never played with lcd_density.

tominho_1989

Jan 30, 2013
Those of you with stable version,latest 10.1,whats your battery experience?

Sent from xperia mini running android 4.2.2

stikkki

Oct 21, 2011
Sony Xperia 1 IV
I don't know why but on 0908 it is even worse - I must reattach headphones several times....Am I the only one who has this issue?

I have 4 pairs of earphones -

1st sony ones that come with the phone
2nd a cheap pair ($8)
3rd Philips SHE8500 ($25)
4th Sennheiser CX475 Massive bass ($65)

None of these have ever had any problems on any of the LegacyXperia roms.

Have you actually tested it with any other headphones or just that one pair you are talking about?

---------- Post added at 12:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:48 PM ----------

So what should I do ?

On the XMP the "real" dpi is 192 (according to gsmarena.com), should I modify it to this number in build.prop ? I'm sorry, I never played with lcd_density.

You have misread on GSMarena it says 192 ppi (pixels per inch) not dpi (dots per inch)

lsander

Jun 28, 2012
Gdynia
Huawei P9 Lite
Redmi Note 8
So must be something with your headphones port. Did you checked in last days on another phone? I have no problem with headphones usin cheap 20 dollars sony headphones and all is ok. Also when tried others like lg, nokia or pc headphones had no problem. But I use build 0801 since it was released.

Please tell me if walkkan is working on newest build?? Someone here told that dont work. Mostly because of this im still using old 0801.

Sent from my Xperia Live with Walkman using xda app-developers app

lsander

Jun 28, 2012
Gdynia
Huawei P9 Lite
Redmi Note 8
you dont need to know anything more about ppi and dpi as:
1. DPI is in build.prop and this is measure of screen in our phones.
2. Standard dpi is 160 for mdpi phones. So
LDPI 120
MDPI 160
HDPI 220
or something like this. Anyway standar dpi is 160 for our phones.
3. OOn this forum no one use pp measure. Everyone use dpi.

We are changing dpi why:
Some stuff is hdpi, making it 140dpi we delete some layout bugs.
To set themes on cm10.1 and cm10.2 as cm after cm10 are made hdpi and upper like miuiv5.
Looks more estetic on 140dpi.

Now if you change dpi to lower than 160 than you have smaller stuff on screen.
If change upper you will have huge stuff on the screen.

So hope told you everything you need to know about dpi and if you willl have to know more than ask uncle google :)

dukeunreal

Sep 28, 2009
Kaniv
Hi all! Anyone have problem with cm flashlight in lx0908? It turn off after 3 seconds when i lock my lww, and after unlock lww in statusbar i seen TURNED ON flashlight but it turned OFF
lx0822 don't have that problem :)

Sent from my Xperia Live with Walkman using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Last edited:

smeyer79

Apr 2, 2006
Dresden
www.mobile-gadgets.net
Hey,

its a great ROM. After 3 days of using (looks definitely like getting worse) WLAN is like unusable. Needed to tun it off today the whole time, to avoid beeing offline.
Isnt the WLAN reconnect topic fixed? I thought so

Rapier-

Hi all! Anyone have problem with cm flashlight in lx0908? It turn off after 3 seconds when i lock my lww, and after unlock lww in statusbar i seen TURNED ON flashlight but it turned OFF

I'm using Active and don't have this problem.
BTW, I found something weird. I charged my battery frm 30% to 97% and then I pulled out battery to change my sim card. After my phone turned on, the battery goes to 16%! And when I changed back to old sim card, it return to 98%. Does anyone face this?

kfg7usp.png

ABHVQav.png

matii_ziomek

Dec 20, 2010
Tarnów

Hi,
Confirm, I have the same problem on mango, this is very... irritating.

tominho_1989

Jan 30, 2013
I think, this is kernel bug...or another soft conflicts with flashlight...wait for solve in next realese, another flashlight from market don't have that problem

Is there a way to link newly installed flashlight app with the TORCH tile in quick settings bar?

Sent from xperia mini running android 4.2.2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    dM6jtB7.png

Code:
    [COLOR="Purple"]#include <std_disclaimer.h>[/COLOR]
    [COLOR="Navy"]/*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */[/COLOR]

This is an unofficial build of CM10.1.
    This is an attempt to stay close to official cm10.1 and not make crazy hacks to make things working.

This is a pure CM build, only contains official CM features. I will not add any other external feature/app/etc.

For an up-to date working/not working list, bug tracker, useful guides & FAQ, visit our new website:
    http://legacyxperia.github.io

Requirements:
    * Only use the included kernel for 100% compatibility, bug reports with non-standard kernel will be ignored.

Installation instructions:
    1. Flash boot.img (in the zip) with fastboot or FlashTool
    2. Install update zip in CWM recovery
    3. Install Google Apps (gapps) zip in CWM recovery (this step is optional for those who don't want Google Apps)
    4. Wipe data (do this only if you come from stock ics, a newer version of android like cm-10.2 or if you have problems like Force Close after installation)

How to build:
    [GUIDE][DEV] How I build my own CM10.1 test builds

Changelog:
    Release/nightly changes

Downloads:
    http://legacyxperia.basketbuild.com
    PLEASE DON'T MIRROR OUR UPLOADS

Google apps:
    Fast mirror of official gapps
    http://goo.im/gapps/gapps-jb-20130812-signed.zip

NOTE:
    Following xda's rule #12 spirit: If you are developing something that is based on my work, you MUST first seek my permission, you must add my name in the credits and you must add links pointing to my original thread and to my github sources.
    Breaking this rule will lead me to report the thread to the moderators.

WE NEED YOUR HELP!
    NEW!!! BUG Tracker
    If you want to help fixing those bugs, please report the bugs in the bug tracker. Thanks!
    Logs are needed (logcat/dmesg/last_kmsg), not just "got FC" or "+1" useless replies.

XDA:DevDB Information
    LegacyXperia, a ROM for the Sony Ericsson Xperia Mini, Mini Pro, Active

Contributors
    mikeioannina, FXP, nobodyAtall, M66B, pcfighter, shufuking, Steph310
    ROM OS Version: 4.2.x Jelly Bean
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Latest version of official ICS firmware: 4.1.B.0.587 or the latest supported baseband: 8x55A-AAABQOAZM-203028G-77
    Based On: CyanogenMod

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: stable 20130908
    Stable Release Date: 2013-09-08
    Current Beta Version: nightly 20131108
    Beta Release Date: 2013-11-08

Created 2013-09-26
    Last Updated 2013-11-30
    New build coming (EOL)

## Nightly build 20131018 (EOL) - cm-10.1
    * Latest cm10.1 changes
    * Updated kernel to 3.4.66
    * Fixed CWM backup/restore
    * Camera: Enabled video stabilization
    * Camera: Enable 864x480 video recording (will show as 720p in the app)
    * Camera: Enable image stabilization & disable scene detection in HDR mode
    * Camera: Metering mode support
    * Revert: all except urushi: update touchscreen initialization (kernel)

This will be the last build of cm-10.1. CM code is pretty much frozen now so I will release a build only if some major bugs are fixed.

Builds will roll alphabetically for all devices until tomorrow.

Remember: bug reports which are not in the bug tracker, not using the latest version & without proper logs will be ignored. Please follow the instructions in the Q&A thread.

Any discussions about battery life, general questions, such as, "will this app work with this ROM", "thanks", "+1" and any other non-development related questions and topics should be done in the Q&A thread.

I am locking the development threads for 1 day so most people can read the new rules above.
    I am locking the CM10.1 threads as it has come to End Of Life and I cannot support so many threads.
    Last build is not released yet, I will release it after some more bugs are fixed in the near future.

Any future news & discussion should go to the CM10.1 LegacyXperia Q&A thread