[CM11][4.4.2][i9300][ROM][KERNEL][FEB26] temasek's UNOFFICIAL Build - V50

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

mikle_01

Jul 18, 2011
Kiel
Flashing only the modem will not alter efs afaik

sent from the state where marijuanated muffins are NOT illegal !

OF COURSE!!! It change the EFS. I came from XXEMG4 and couldn't flash UFME7 without error (no mobile data) because of the new EFS format. Afte restore an old EFS backup it was possible....

SO BACKUP YOUR EFS OR YOU COULD LOST YOUR IMEI!!!! Take secounds. O

kangerX

Nov 5, 2011
OF COURSE!!! It change the EFS. I came from XXEMG4 and couldn't flash UFME7 without error (no mobile data) because of the new EFS format. Afte restore an old EFS backup it was possible....

I know that. I was under the impression than flashing modem alone wouldn't mess with efs but flashing newer modem + rom will.

cink40

Nov 25, 2010
Samsung Galaxy S23 Plus
You know what! As precaution I took backup of my efs. Well I flashed it. It didn't work. I got this IMEI messed up again. Yeah. This is second time. No wonder why I am so annoyed with it. Tried restoring it, it failed. Nothing works.
I restored stock firmware too. That didn't work too. Guess what! I have to take my i9300 again to service centre.

You flashed modem with Odin or .zip?

From my experience flashing only modem does not change EFS partition. Been with mg2, mg4,back to xxella, flashed the "magical" UFME7, mh1 and now back to xxella. Mobile networking always worked and had no need to restore EFS. Flashed with Cwm. Although is always good to have a EFS backup just in case anything goes wrong (modem related or not).
wpi.png

23igcw.png

9kdffj.png

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 4

Reactions: kangerX

sperelli

Nov 24, 2011
From my experience flashing only modem does not change EFS partition. Been with mg2, mg4,back to xxella, flashed the "magical" UFME7, mh1 and now back to xxella. Mobile networking always worked and had no need to restore EFS. Flashed with Cwm. Although is always good to have a EFS backup just in case anything goes wrong (modem related or not).
wpi.png

23igcw.png

9kdffj.png

font?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda app-developers app

rowlers

Nov 20, 2010

Well I've just done the same. Flashed UFME7 over MG4 no efs errors. No loss of imei number. Worked fine...

kangerX

Nov 5, 2011
wpi.png

23igcw.png

9kdffj.png

Yup exactly. Well that's what I experienced too.

KMino

Sep 15, 2010

Great post and read. RIP Cyanogenmod!
Wonder where we are off to next then? AOKP/PA? I hope they find a find a new leader to organize all those contributing there free time and effort coding, testing etc, into a new project.
They shall die a cruel death as a Company. Why? Because I believe Android users don't forget and won't forgive them. It's that spirit that shall bring forth something better than CM in the long run!

Reactions: striked0wn

JustSkilled

Aug 20, 2011
Wonder where we are off to next then? AOKP/PA? I hope they find a find a new leader to organize all those contributing there free time and effort coding, testing etc, into a new project.
They shall die a cruel death as a Company. Why? Because I believe Android users don't forget and won't forgive them. It's that spirit that shall bring forth something better than CM in the long run!

I guess it's time for unicorn-power soon.

zeli9

Apr 19, 2013

Funny how this works, just a few pages back people had been enthusiastic about the new CM company and big things ahead...

Waiting for Nexus 5!

I think i completely agree with what xplodwild said. Alot of people contributed into the CM. Those people even not being rewarded! It shows the cruelty of the people behind Cyanogen inc. Doesn't matter if they submitted the code before. They should be rewarded. I'm hating what was happened with Xplodwildaswell. I'm not even sad that he left CM. Actually he stepped right. anyways, See what happens. Unicorns are good aswell.

Reactions: zeli9

zeli9

Apr 19, 2013
I think i completely agree with what xplodwild said. Alot of people contributed into the CM. Those people even not being rewarded! It shows the cruelty of the people behind Cyanogen inc. Doesn't matter if they submitted the code before. They should be rewarded. I'm hating what was happened with Xplodwildaswell. I'm not even sad that he left CM. Actually he stepped right. anyways, See what happens. Unicorns are good aswell.
Well, when investors get involved they are interested in only one thing - profit. They invest because they see a potential there, but they don't really care about the rest... so yes, it's quite sad to see what happened to great people like xplod. One cannot blame him for quitting. In a way one feels that CM has sold out with this move since they will certainly need to monetize the project, otherwise I don't see how they could attract a considerable investment. What they actually need is a hardware manufacturer to collaborate with and from what I understand it's going to be Oppo:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lV1c8nzDp5s

Reactions: Erahgon and noobSU
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts