[Read OP First] Official ViPER4Android Audio Profiles

Search This thread

DCOCH13

Mar 12, 2013
munford
I listen to all genres of music and have a few profiles that I like and have left alone or tweaked. Problem is, I can't find a profile or tweak one for country music. Always either to much low end or too much high. Can't seem to find a balance. Any suggestions?

They Drew First Blood

Aug 27, 2011
FX 2.2.1.1 Android 4.2.2 In-Ear-Phones

OK I am back with another profile I have been fiddling with for the past week- this seems to be another great all-around profile. (I downgraded to Android 4.2.2 due to instability with 4.3...) Funny, I hit on something that I love listening to, then go for something completely new and find something else I totally love listening to; I tried to go for a profile that would fill out the sound a bit on my earphones, without straying too far from the way the albums I listen to have been engineered/produced, and here is the result. @BSDgeek_Jake posted some IRS samples in his thread here and I particularly like the "BBE 2" sample.

V4A FX only:
1. Master Power: ✔
2. Playback Gain Control: ✔
- Select Effect Strength: Slight
- Max Gain: 3x
- Max Output: 0 dB
3. FIREqualizer: ✘
4. Convolver: ✔
- Impulse Response: BBE 2.irs
5. Field Surround: ✘
6. Differential Surround: ✘
7. Headphone Surround +: ✘
8. Reverberation: ✘
9. Dynamic System:✘
10. Fidelity Control:✔
- Enable ViPER Bass: ✔
- Select Bass Mode: Pure Bass+
- Select Bass Frequency: 40Hz
- Select Bass Boost: 3.5 dB
- Enable ViPER Clarity:✔
- Select Clarity Mode: XHiFi
- Select Clarity: 6.0dB
11. Auditory System Protection (Cure Tech+): ✔
- Select Binaural Level: Moderate
12. Master Gate (Limiter)
- Output Gain: 2.3 dB
- Channel Pan: 0.5 : 0.5
- Limit Threshold: 0 dB

If you'd like less high end, reduce the ViPER Clarity dB value or disable it. If you're looking for more low end, try to raise the ViPER Bass frequency and Bass Boost dB values, and maybe enable the Dynamic System and start at 0dB and go up from there. I really am loving this profile, hope you do too and happy tweaking :)

DCOCH13

Mar 12, 2013
munford
OK I am back with another profile I have been fiddling with for the past week- this seems to be another great all-around profile. (I downgraded to Android 4.2.2 due to instability with 4.3...) Funny, I hit on something that I love listening to, then go for something completely new and find something else I totally love listening to; I tried to go for a profile that would fill out the sound a bit on my earphones, without straying too far from the way the albums I listen to have been engineered/produced, and here is the result. @BSDgeek_Jake posted some IRS samples in his thread here and I particularly like the "BBE 2" sample.

V4A FX only:
- Max Gain: 3x
- Max Output: 0 dB
- Impulse Response: BBE 2.irs
9. Dynamic System:✘
- Select Bass Frequency: 40Hz
- Select Bass Boost: 3.5 dB
- Select Clarity: 6.0dB
- Select Binaural Level: Moderate

If you'd like less high end, reduce the ViPER Clarity dB value or disable it. If you're looking for more low end, try to raise the ViPER Bass frequency and Bass Boost dB values, and maybe enable the Dynamic System and start at 0dB and go up from there. I really am loving this profile, hope you do too and happy tweaking :)

I'm going to give the 2 profiles you have posted a try. Hopefully one of them will either work or be close enough for me to tweak.

They Drew First Blood

Aug 27, 2011
Re: BBE2 profile

If you'd like less high end, reduce the ViPER Clarity dB value or disable it.

At the moment I am running this BBE 2.irs profile I posted above with the ViPER Clarity dB set to "Default" rather than 6dB, and raised the volume a bit to fill out the mid-low end a bit more. There are just so many ways to affect the sound with the ViPER mod. I love it.
I am also using this hack by @HeadFox to change the default 15 step volume adjustment to 30 steps, which fine tunes the volume control of the device so the volume doesn't make as big a leap each time I increase/decrease it.
:good::good:

Reactions: HeadFox

john291

Feb 10, 2010
Last edited:

Sc4ryB3ar

Mar 3, 2012
Plymouth
Google Pixel 5
I have try to make a good profile that bounces me between my car speakers and my headphones, annnd sounds good with Crystal Method, Eminem, Garth Brooks, and Beethoven.....great vocals, good mids, really decent bass.....snares are little punchy.... haven't quite got that down yet (would be happy to know if someone can modify my profile to make that happen)...I think after 4 months, I've gotten super close to what I'm looking for, and decided to share.

https://db.tt/U9UtXKVy

Convolver: XPERIA S.Enhance Rev3 EQ 6.Easy listening

I am using a kernel that supports faux sound, and do have the faux sound app, I have it set to 'Quality'. (Those DOES make a difference!

And i have the 30 step media sound mid for aosp 4.3

running slimbean 4.3 build 1, with ktoonzes kernel on a SGS4 jflteatt.

Sent from my SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 4

t1.8matt

Jan 22, 2012
Pittsburgh, PA.
hey everyone, just seeing if someone can give me some ideas for this. i have a civic si with factory speakers and an infinity basslink. i'm looking for a good setup that allows for good clarity but also good bass response. anyone have a setup already done that works well in a car? i tried the profile from They Drew First Blood, and the sound clarity was great but bass was lacking completely.

edit: i do listen to alot of rap/hip-hop music and a bit of rock too

Sc4ryB3ar

Mar 3, 2012
Plymouth
Google Pixel 5
hey everyone, just seeing if someone can give me some ideas for this. i have a civic si with factory speakers and an infinity basslink. i'm looking for a good setup that allows for good clarity but also good bass response. anyone have a setup already done that works well in a car? i tried the profile from They Drew First Blood, and the sound clarity was great but bass was lacking completely.

edit: i do listen to alot of rap/hip-hop music and a bit of rock too

Have you given mine a try in the post above yours?

Sc4ryB3ar

Mar 3, 2012
Plymouth
Google Pixel 5
What are you supposed to do with the download you provided?

Put it in the profile folder. Which is: *your SD card location*/ViPER4Android/kernel. Then open V4A app and select menu then select load profile. But make sure you save your profile first.....

The convolver I use is a paid one from zhuhang, but the free rev2 series should work decently.

Also, does your kernel support faux sound, if so make sure to get his app and set it on 'quality' if you haven't already...

Last edited:

t1.8matt

Jan 22, 2012
Pittsburgh, PA.
Put it in the profile folder. Which is: *your SD card location*/ViPER4Android/kernel. Then open V4A app and select menu then select load profile. But make sure you save your profile first.....

The convolver I use is a paid one from zhuhang, but the free rev2 series should work decently.

Also, does your kernel support faux sound, if so make sure to get his app and set it on 'quality' if you haven't already...

Your profile only works for the phone speaker. I would needa profile for the headset unless i can somehow use the same settings?

Edit: nevermind, I'm an idiot. I figured it out. You have to be on the headset tab to load it there

They Drew First Blood

Aug 27, 2011
Re: more cowbell

hey everyone, just seeing if someone can give me some ideas for this. i have a civic si with factory speakers and an infinity basslink. i'm looking for a good setup that allows for good clarity but also good bass response. anyone have a setup already done that works well in a car? i tried the profile from They Drew First Blood, and the sound clarity was great but bass was lacking completely...edit: i do listen to alot of rap/hip-hop music and a bit of rock too

This is going to be a long post, sorry for that... I will try to explain what I have found the different adjustments within the mod affect. @t1.8matt TL;DR check out the settings marked below in red to jack up your bass. Did you try the first or second profile I posted- titled 4.3 (the first) or 4.2.2 (the second)- they are both fine on 4.2 by the way? The first one had way more bass enabled. These profiles I made for my in-ear-phones which have decent bass response, so it is very likely there is a big difference when on bluetooth/dock or whatever. To get more bass out of the mod, enable and mess around with these options specifically: (here is a repost of my first profile, with the bass adjustments marked in red)
V4A FX only:
- Max Gain: 6x
- Max Output: -3.0 dB
3. FIREqualizer: ✔
- Select Preset: Custom (based on Vocal Booster: left to right: -2.5 -1.7 -0.5 0.0 0.0 +0.5 +1.4 +3.5 +2.9 +2.5) <-- Adjust/boost the curve at 27Hz, 55Hz, and maybe 109Hz for more bass to your liking. Check out this great interactive chart concerning the frequency response curve.
- Impulse Response: Apple iPod nano6-Default.irs
9. Dynamic System:✔
- Select Listening Device: Common Earphone (v2) <-- This selection gives the most additional bass among the other headphone choices
- Select Dynamic Bass: 3 Percent <-- Raise this for more bass, seems to affect low-low-end more, too much may make your bass muddy/boomy
- Tube Simulator(6N1J): ✘
- Select Bass Mode: Natural Bass <--Gives more bass than "Pure Bass+"
- Select Bass Frequency: 80Hz <--Low-pass filter for bass boost, only bass below this frequency will be boosted- so the higher this setting, the wider the range of bass that will be boosted. Adjustable from 40 to 100Hz, I think most big bass hits in hip-hop will be below 40Hz but still sustain in the entire range below 100Hz, kick drum hits between 80-150Hz
- Select Bass Boost: 3.5 dB <-- Raise this for more bass

- Select Clarity: 8.0dB
- Select Binaural Level: Slight

Option 1 self-explanatory.
Options 2 and 12 control the master volume levels.
Option 3 is the equalizer- adjust the frequency response curve at ten different intervals from bass to mid to high frequencies.
Option 4 will load IRS samples- these process the sound to a pre-defined response curve as a starting point for any other sound adjustments. Usually I will disable all other options before loading a new IRS sample, then refine that sound if necessary.
Options 5, 6, 7 I haven't really messed with but would affect the Surround effects. Same for 8 which would affect Reverb.
Option 9- the dynamic system seems to affect the low-end frequency more heavily (because it contains dynamic bass), but may affect the high-end too- maybe this feature is to give a more full response curve from 20-20000Hz or something...? Depending on which type of headphone is selected.
Option 10- most of my adjustments after loading an IRS will start here. This section is where the XHiFi mod has been rolled in. ViPER Bass affects the low end frequencies, ViPER Clarity affects the mid to high end frequencies.
Option 11- Seems to compress the sound a bit and give the stereo a tiny bit of differential...?

There you go, I guess this is a summary of what V4A is to me. It would be really nice if anyone had a link to somewhere that gave confirmed details for all these adjustments. I haven't looked too hard and assumed maybe I would have to Google translate one if it existed. There are so many different adjustments within the V4A mod that although it takes time, I do recommend to enable one adjustment at a time and fiddle with it to see how it affects the sound, then disable it and enable another and repeat the process, then start combining them. Sorry again for the huge post but I am hoping it is insightful.

Last edited:

They Drew First Blood

Aug 27, 2011
Hip-hop profile

Wow, thank you for taking the time to put all that information down. I really appreciate it. Can't wait to give it a go. Thanks again.

Here, try this profile as a starting point too. Anything not in the list just disable. This profile makes, for example, Jay Z's new album MCHG slam without drowning out the vocal delivery.

V4A FX only:
- Select Effect Strength: Moderate
- Max Output: 0.0 dB
- Impulse Response: BBE 2.irs (from @BSDgeek_Jake IRS thread here)
- Select Listening Device: High-end Headphone (v2)
- Select Dynamic Bass: 3 Percent
- Select Bass Frequency: 60Hz
- Select Bass Boost: 6.0 dB

t1.8matt

Jan 22, 2012
Pittsburgh, PA.
Here, try this profile as a starting point too. Anything not in the list just disable. This profile makes, for example, Jay Z's new album MCHG slam without drowning out the vocal delivery.

V4A FX only:
- Select Effect Strength: Moderate
- Max Output: 0.0 dB
- Impulse Response: BBE 2.irs (from @BSDgeek_Jake IRS thread here)
- Select Listening Device: High-end Headphone (v2)
- Select Dynamic Bass: 3 Percent
- Select Bass Frequency: 60Hz
- Select Bass Boost: 6.0 dB

This profile worked great! Gave me the right amount of bass and clarity.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    If you want to share at another forum, PM me to request maintainer permission.​
    V4Arena Facebook Chat Room(Please join!): www.facebook.com/groups/v4a.en
    Original ViPER520 Post: https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/543409_545378615533820_1857812272_n.png/

OP Index:
    1. Information
    2. Personal Profiles
    3. Setting a Profile

v4aofficial.jpg

Purpose: Have you found an amazing profile setup for music and want to share? This is the Place!

Notice: For those who think uploading the profile file will be easier. Your right, it would be easier. Most likely though, using this file from device to device will not function properly. Therefore, just share the way asked.

To share simply make a post in this format:

If a feature is not being used go ahead and leave it out.

FX:

1. MASTER POWER:
    (ii) Force Enable V4A
    2. PLAYBACK CONTROL GAIN:
    (ii) Select Effect Strength:
    (iii) Max Gain:
    (iv) Max Output:
    3. VIPER-DDC:
    (ii) Listening Device:
    4. SPECTRUM EXTENSION:
    (ii) Strength:
    5. FIREQUALIZER:
    (ii) Select Preset:
    6. CONVOLVER:
    (ii) Impulse Response:
    (iii) Cross Chanel
    7. FIELD SURROUND:
    (i) Select Field Surround Strength:
    (ii) Select Mid Image Strength:
    8. DIFFERENTIAL SURROUND:
    (i) Select Delay Time:
    9. HEADPHONE SURROUND +:
    (i) Select Effect Quality:
    10. REVERBERATION:
    (i) Room Size:
    (ii) Sound Field:
    (iii) Damping Factor:
    (iv) Wet Signal:
    (v) Dry Signal:
    11. DYNAMIC SYSTEM:
    (i) Select Listening Device:
    (ii) Select Dynamic Bass:
    12. TUBE SIMULATOR (6N1J):
    13. FIDELITY CONTROL:

(i) Enable ViPER Bass:
    Select Bass Mode:
    Select Bass Frequency:
    Select Bass Boost:
    (ii) Enable ViPER Clarity:
    Select Clarity Mode:
    Select Clarity:
    14. AUDITORY SYSTEM PROTECTION:
    (ii) Select Binaural Level:
    15. MASTER GATE (Limiter):
    (i) Output Gain:
    (ii) Channel Pan:
    (iii) Limit Threshold:
    See Personal Profiles below for a hint of what to do!

Download V4A FX & XHiFi
    Note: This product is completely free, of course, you can donate to ViPER520(creator) or zhuhang.
    Make sure you are connected to internet when installing V4A. So we can calculate number of installations. Thanks.
    Refer to the Official Thread HERE to install and troubleshoot.
    Personal Profiles // Carnage Profiles

Personal Profiles
    Here are some awesome Profiles from zhuhang and I!

My Profile:
    Carnage 4.1

For a clearly amazing experience with your music!
    Code Name: Twinkle

Made with ATH-M50 // M50x
    FX:

1. MASTER POWER:
    (ii) Force Enable V4A:
    (ii) Select Effect Strength: Slight
    (iii) Max Gain: 4x
    (iv) Max Output: 0 dB
    3. VIPER-DDC:
    (ii) Listening Device:
    4. SPECTRUM EXTENSION:
    (ii) Strength:
    5. FIREQUALIZER:
    (ii) Select Preset: Custom
    Custom Equalixer FX:
    +3.1, +2.5, +1.5, +0.8, +1.3, +2.0, +1.6, +1.1, +2.2, +2.8
    6. CONVOLVER:
    (ii) Impulse Response:
    (iii) Cross Chanel:
    7. FIELD SURROUND:
    (i) Select Delay Time:
    9. HEADPHONE SURROUND +:
    10. REVERBERATION:
    (i) Room Size:
    (ii) Sound Field:
    (iii) Damping Factor:
    (iv) Wet Signal:
    (v) Dry Signal:
    11. DYNAMIC SYSTEM:
    (i) Select Listening Device: Extreme Headphone (v2)
    (ii) Select Dynamic Bass: 9 Percent
    13. FIDELITY CONTROL:

(i) Enable ViPER Bass:✔
    Select Bass Mode: Natural
    Select Bass Frequency: 80 Hz
    Select Bass Boost: 8.0 dB
    (ii) Enable ViPER Clarity:✔
    Select Clarity Mode: Natural
    Select Clarity: 6.0 dB
    (i) Output Gain: -6.0 dB
    (ii) Channel Pan: 0.5 : 0.5
    (iii) Limit Threshold: 0 dB

Made with JVC HA-FX30 (The Original Carnage Profile)
    FX:

1. MASTER POWER:
    (ii) Force Enable V4A:
    (ii) Select Effect Strength: Moderate
    (iii) Max Gain: 2x
    3. VIPER-DDC:
    (ii) Listening Device:
    4. SPECTRUM EXTENSION:
    (ii) Strength:
    5. FIREQUALIZER:
    Custom Equalixer FX:
    +3.0, +1.5, +1.0, +1.6, +1.4, +2.1, +2.9, +2.3, +3.8, +2.5
    6. CONVOLVER:
    (ii) Impulse Response:
    (iii) Cross Chanel:
    7. FIELD SURROUND:
    (i) Select Delay Time:
    9. HEADPHONE SURROUND +:
    10. REVERBERATION:
    (i) Room Size:
    (ii) Sound Field:
    (iii) Damping Factor:
    (iv) Wet Signal:
    (v) Dry Signal:
    11. DYNAMIC SYSTEM:
    (i) Select Listening Device: Common Earphone (v2)
    (ii) Select Dynamic Bass: 14 Percent
    13. FIDELITY CONTROL:

Select Bass Frequency: 66 Hz
    Select Bass Boost: 3.5 dB
    (i) Output Gain: 0 dB

Made with JVC HA-FR37
    FX:

1. MASTER POWER:
    (ii) Force Enable V4A:
    (ii) Select Effect Strength: Slight
    (iii) Max Gain: 3x
    (iv) Max Output: -1.0 dB
    3. VIPER-DDC:
    (ii) Listening Device:
    4. SPECTRUM EXTENSION:
    (ii) Strength:
    5. FIREQUALIZER:
    Custom Equalixer FX:
    +3.0, +1.9, +1.3, +1.6, +1.4, +2.2, +1.7, +0.7, +1.4, +0.8
    6. CONVOLVER:
    (ii) Impulse Response:
    (iii) Cross Chanel:
    7. FIELD SURROUND:
    (i) Select Delay Time:
    9. HEADPHONE SURROUND +:
    10. REVERBERATION:
    (i) Room Size:
    (ii) Sound Field:
    (iii) Damping Factor:
    (iv) Wet Signal:
    (v) Dry Signal:
    11. DYNAMIC SYSTEM:
    (i) Select Listening Device: Common Earphone (v2)
    (ii) Select Dynamic Bass: 1 Percent
    13. FIDELITY CONTROL:

Select Bass Boost: 8.0 dB
    (ii) Select Binaural Level: Slight
    (i) Output Gain: -3.0 dB

Made with Logitech S715i
    FX:

1. MASTER POWER:
    (ii) Force Enable V4A:
    (ii) Select Effect Strength:
    (iii) Max Gain:
    3. VIPER-DDC:
    (ii) Listening Device:
    4. SPECTRUM EXTENSION:
    (ii) Strength:
    5. FIREQUALIZER:
    Custom Equalixer FX:
    +1.9, +1.6, +2.1, +3.0, +3.2, +4.3, +3.9, +4.6, +5.0, +3.7
    6. CONVOLVER:
    (ii) Impulse Response:
    (iii) Cross Chanel:
    7. FIELD SURROUND:
    (i) Select Delay Time:
    9. HEADPHONE SURROUND +:
    10. REVERBERATION:
    (i) Room Size:
    (ii) Sound Field:
    (iii) Damping Factor:
    (iv) Wet Signal:
    (v) Dry Signal:
    11. DYNAMIC SYSTEM:
    (i) Select Listening Device:
    (ii) Select Dynamic Bass:
    13. FIDELITY CONTROL:

Select Bass Boost: 6.0 dB
    Select Clarity: 8.0 dB
    (i) Output Gain: 0 dB
    (iii) Limit Threshold: -1.9 dB

Please Note: The Profiles below this are for Reference.

zhuhang's Profiles
    Extreeme Clarity Profile (V4A FX & XHiFi Co-exists) - Headset Only

FX:

(ii) Select Effect Strength: Slight //Moderate
    (iii) Max Gain: 4x //8x
    (iv) Max Output: -1.9dB
    3. FIR Equalizer: ✔
    (ii) Select Preset: Acoustic*
    (ii) Impulse Response: Sony Xperia Clear Audio+ Try: SPL GoldMike Impulse w Flair//DBX//JoeMeek *PopEQ
    6. Reverberation: ✘
    7. Dynamic System: ✘
    (iv) Tube Simulator(6N1J): ✘
    8. Auditory System Protection (Cure Tech+): ✔
    (ii) Select Binaural Level: Moderate

XHIFI:
    2. Playback Gain Control: ✘
    (ii) Select Preset: Vocal Boost**
    4. Audio Reconstruction: ✔
    (ii) Hi Clarity: 100**
    (iii) Lo Contour: 70*
    * Adjust to your desired bass level
    ** Adjust to your desired vocal level
    ExplOOit Bass Profile (V4A FX & XHiFi Co-exists) - Headset Only

FX:

(ii) Select Effect Strength: Slight //Moderate
    (iii) Max Gain: 4x //8x
    (iv) Max Output: -1.9dB
    (ii) Select Preset: Acoustic*
    (ii) Impulse Response: Sony Xperia Clearbass Try: PopEQ
    6. Reverberation: ✘
    7. Dynamic System: ✔
    (ii) Select Listening Device: Common Earphone(v2)*
    (iii) Select Dynamic Bass: 100 Percent*
    (iv) Tube Simulator(6N1J): ✘
    8. Auditory System Protection (Cure Tech+): ✔
    (ii) Select Binaural Level: Slight

XHIFI:
    (ii) Select Preset: Bass Boost**
    4. Audio Reconstruction: ✔
    (ii) Hi Clarity: 80**
    (iii) Lo Contour: 100*
    * Adjust to your desired bass level
    ** Adjust to your desired vocal level

Others will not be added if requested! Just post to share. Enjoy the Profiles!​
    Enhanced Clarity Pure Bass+ 2.0

My Profile: Enhanced Clarity Pure Bass+ 3.0
    For a stunning all-in-one (dance, acoustic, rock, metal, alternative, techno, house, hip hop, etc.) and beautifully clear, pure bass, and quality audio experience used with: Headphones/Earpiece/Auxillary

FX:

3. FIREqualizer: ✔
    -Select Preset: Custom
    –[-2.5] [+2.0] [+6.0] [+3.0] [+0.0] [+0.0] [+0.0] [+3.5] [+1.5] [-3.5]
    -Impulse Response: Dolby Pro Logic II.irs
    -Cross Channel: 0
    9. Dynamic System: ✘
    10. Fidelity Control: ✔

-Enable ViPER Bass: ✔
    –Select Bass Mode: Pure Bass+
    –Select Bass Frequency: 80 Hz
    –Select Bass Boost: 10.0 dB

-Enable ViPER Clarity: ✔
    –Select Clarity Mode: OZone+
    –Select Clarity: 12.0 dB

-Select Binaural Level: Extreme
    -Output Gain: 2.9 dB
    -Channel Pan: 0.5 : 0.5 dB
    -Limit Threshold: -1.0 dB

XHiFi:

4. Audio Reconstruct: ✔
    -Hi Clarity: 70
    -Lo Contour: 50
    5. Master Gate (Limiter): ✘

Credits:
    -@BSDgeek_Jake for Dolby Pro Logic II.IRS in this thread.
    How to set an Audio Profile

How to Set an Audio Profile

Step by Step:
    1. Find the Profile you would like to use.
    2. Download V4A FX and/or XHiFi
    3. Open either app and switch to the device the profile uses.
    4. Enter all that you see on the profile.
    5. Enjoy the amazing sound!
    Rx Pain Killers

Here I present my new creation, a set of 3 profiles I call "Pain Killers"

There are 3 settings: Morphine, Oxycontin and Percocet. ;)
    Remember, "Dont mix your pills or else" :p

To use them, just leave everything default and apply VDC and IRS accordingly.
    Tested them myself in 3 different set of earphones: Piston v2, SONY MDR-EX90 LP and Westone 3 and I loved the sound coming from them (specially the second profile).

Thanks for trying them and I hope you enjoy them as much as I did making them. :good:

The files are attached below, enjoy them and please thank the post if you appreciate my work.