Display doesn't comply with high demands

Search This thread

Semantics

Nov 30, 2009
What do I think? I think you've been trolling the G2 forums for a long time. Let people make their own decisions. I haven't met a high demand my screen doesn't comply with, so I think the title of this thread is ridiculous as well. If you don't like the phone, buy one you do like, and stop posting nonsense please. Its hard enough to sift through the good information on XDA, people shouldn't have to weed out bogus info.

fr4nk1yn

Aug 1, 2008
Norfolk
I just edited my post because it was harsh. You asked a question and it deserves an answer. I will leave that part of my response.

I just came from a DNA that has one of the best screens ever made and this screen is is marvelous even in comparison from every angle even extreme ones.

Reactions: adamfair

crawlgsx

Jun 21, 2007
Maine, USA
I don't know how anyone can complain about the viewing angles on the G2. Coming from just about every major smartphone of 2012/2013 I can say I didn't notice it. Do people really use their phones at extreme angles?

On a TV or Monitor, I get it, you may have it up higher or lower or whatever, but it is a PHONE. You generally have it in front of you...

Just food for thought. Personally I am very happy with the display on the G2.

Reactions: imucarmen

Intub8

Mar 3, 2012
If you want great viewing angles go get something with a super amoled screen. No one is forcing you to keep your phone. Or maybe your phone is defective. I have 0 issues with my screen.

Sent from my LG D800 using xda free because xda pro is broken!!!!

Last edited:

kkel19

Apr 27, 2011
personally this is the best screen ive used. some people are just so nitpicky. they should work in Quality Control so we dont get dings scratches that ive seen on my new macbook airs, iphone 5's.

milestide25

Nov 15, 2010
Hamilton
Tell me is the screen of G2 so inglourious as shown there http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2458409 ?

Seems LG uses worst and cheapest glass it could possibly find so it produces such distortions in picture. Maybe we must tell them they should better buy displays directly from HTC? WDYT?

I'm thinking you must not have seen this display in person. First off, this display is by far the best I've ever seen on any phone. The S4's display didn't really look as brilliant to me as this one does despite the contrast ratio of AMOLED. I love this screen and it's disappointing for people to troll this forum posting bad things about the IPS+ display. It's absolutely beautiful. I, also, wonder why you need extreme viewing angles for a smartphone screen. Corning Gorilla Glass 3 is not even close to the worst or cheapest glass anyone could find.

jayochs

Jul 22, 2010
Central NJ
www.dinosaurstakefrance.com
I just edited my post because it was harsh. You asked a question and it deserves an answer. I will leave that part of my response.

I just came from a DNA that has one of the best screens ever made and this screen is is marvelous even in comparison from every angle even extreme ones.

eh, this screen iis good, but it's not as good as the DNA. hands down, DNA is better. better viewing angles, and doesn't have that weird rainbowish effect when looking at grays and whatnot..apparently there's a layer in there that HTC bought the rights to that LG i guess didn't...the G2 screen reminds me of my Rezound, which had that same weird effect to it.

dna screen kills all, hands down.

prerunnerseth

Dec 1, 2010
IMHO the G2 has a fantastic display. The viewing angles are fine for what they would be used for... maybe looking at your phone on a table without picking it up. other than that, 99.9% of viewing on a smartphone is done straight on.

lattiboy

Apr 5, 2010
Yeah, the viewing angle thing I get, but in real world use it is a non-issue. I came from an S3 and that screen is cosmetically beautiful, but incredibly inaccurate and way too contrasty for my tastes. It's like putting a TV in "demo mode", but all the time. Not to rag on it, I really enjoyed the S3, but if you want the best, most accurate display around, I cannot imagine anybody besting the G2 for a while...

rick.brewer

Nov 10, 2010
I am loving the screen. The preloaded videos really showcase it.

Sent from my VS980 4G using xda app-developers app

fr4nk1yn

Aug 1, 2008
Norfolk
eh, this screen iis good, but it's not as good as the DNA. hands down, DNA is better. better viewing angles, and doesn't have that weird rainbowish effect when looking at grays and whatnot..apparently there's a layer in there that HTC bought the rights to that LG i guess didn't...the G2 screen reminds me of my Rezound, which had that same weird effect to it.

I have no rainbow our any other screen anomaly.
For full disclosure my DNA had a very light blue spot about 6mm.
The LG screen is "tricky". You don't appreciate it until you look at a high definition video. Even the ones recorded on the DNA look better.

Cadillac Johnson

Mar 27, 2011

Same here, came from the DNA, still have it so side by side is easy comparison, and while the DNA screen is beautiful by anyone's standards, the G2 has the most gorgeous screen of any phone I've ever seen.

tiguy99

Oct 3, 2007
Chicago
Android Authority's Review...

Listen to what they say about the screen & viewing angles compared to the GS4

Here's GSM Arena's review as well. Pay attention to what the reviewer says about screen quality & viewing angles :D

There you have it. 2 different respected reviewers saying the same thing & comparing the G2's screen to competitor phones lol

/thread

Last edited:

holeshot77

Jul 11, 2008
Grimes, IA
Out of all the phones I've owned, this display is great. No issues here, unless of course, you're under direct sunlight.

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk 2

shaungregg

Jan 6, 2011
As someone mentioned the 2 videos they include on the phone are really nice to watch and show what the phone can do in that respect. I also like the ringtones and notifications from the Vienna Boys Choir lol. Also I live in Florida and this is the first phone where I could see the screen all through the day no matter where I was in or outside in the sun, I do have to take off my polarized shades in direct sunlight or the screen is too dark but that was the only time I couldn't see lol. Some folks complain about using the volume key shortcuts for the camera and quick memo and I say to them you can open them 2 or 3 other ways too. I haven't touched the power button since I got this phone, I just knock it on and off.

flickyamom

Aug 30, 2011
Singapore
Viewing angles?

I'm looking at my phone with the most absurd viewing angles and there is only little change to what I can see. The colours are the same even looking from 160 degrees... I don't get your point here. LG is one of the best display makers out there imo...

jspradling7

Nov 12, 2011
Houston
I didn't realize how "muddy" my S4 was until I put it down on the desk next to my G2 and the DNA I have here. Someone here mentioned to me that the S4 whites were dirty or grey and sure enough it is, I just didn't notice it until I laid them side by side at the same brightness. I keep my brightness down around 40 to 50% most of the day and the G2 looks better there than the S4 or DNA to me. If I crank the brightness all the way up the S4 looks a lot better but that's not where I keep it set so it doesn't matter. I'll have a Razr Maxx HD here later and I'll compare it too just for curiosities sake. I'm very happy with the G2 screen now especially since I used that tiny nav bar mod.

As for viewing angle, I don't view my phone at an angle and I really don't want people next to me always seeing what I'm typing anyway. I don't WANT a wide angle.

omnia38

Mar 1, 2009
If there are complaints to be had about the G2, believe me, the display ain't one of em. She's drop dead gorgeous.

Sent from my VS980 4G using xda app-developers app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    What do I think? I think you've been trolling the G2 forums for a long time. Let people make their own decisions. I haven't met a high demand my screen doesn't comply with, so I think the title of this thread is ridiculous as well. If you don't like the phone, buy one you do like, and stop posting nonsense please. Its hard enough to sift through the good information on XDA, people shouldn't have to weed out bogus info.

I don't know how anyone can complain about the viewing angles on the G2. Coming from just about every major smartphone of 2012/2013 I can say I didn't notice it. Do people really use their phones at extreme angles?

On a TV or Monitor, I get it, you may have it up higher or lower or whatever, but it is a PHONE. You generally have it in front of you...

Just food for thought. Personally I am very happy with the display on the G2.

The weird rainbow is your grease on the display...if you can wipe off the rainbow it isn't a reality.

Sent from my VS980 4G using XDA Premium 4 mobile app