[ROM] CM 10.2(Android 4.3) for Atrix (PREVIEW)

Search This thread

tonyp

Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 3, 2011
Did anyone ever try this?
I guess I should have made a new post instead of editing the other one back then.

Edit: Okay guys, I just had an idea, my compiled libmedia.so might work for you as well.
Download it here: http://tonyp.basketbuild.com/index.php?dir=main/temp/
Then push it to /system/lib/
You can use Rootexplorer or adb (adb root - adb remount - adb push libmedia.so /system/lib/) etc.

Now do a reboot, test the camera :)

Sent from my LG-P990 using Tapatalk 4

Last edited:

suhridkhan

Apr 27, 2013
Colorado
OnePlus 8
OnePlus 9
No hurry except that CyanogenMod is soon going to end development on the 10.1 branch in favor of 10.2. ;)

I agree. But new versions of Android will keep coming and CyanogenMod will follow the latest version. For an old device like us, I believe its more important to invest the developers' effort on a fully functional JB rom, rather than keeping pace with the latest.
Thanks to the dev team, due to the recent developments we can hope of getting a 10.1 as stable as a daily driver soon....

saiftheboss7

Jun 24, 2011
Dhaka
saifhassan.info
I don't really see a reason of hurry with Android 4.3. It's not a big update compare to 4.2. Better focus on this one until everything kernel-related will be polished ;)
YAH. I completely agree. Actually, I'd rather suggest you to close all other topics except CM10.1. Just focus on 1 particular release, CM10.1. Once it gets 100% working, then you should try other builds. :) (just my thought)

leathan

Sep 15, 2013
Did anyone ever try this?
I guess I should have made a new post instead of editing the other one back then.

Sent from my LG-P990 using Tapatalk 4
I tried this.

PROBLEM FIXED.

Anyone with camera problems look at his post. just download that file (if its not working ask me and ill mirror) and do exactly what he said (move it to /system/lib)

Also....... no one has seemed to mention the battery doesnt go by 1% even when set in build.prob. I am using a third party app which fixes this,
but as you all know its not a "real" fix by any means.

Also other various bugs are present with the radios.

for one i cant seem to make the wifi go "fast" relative to my other devices... and also the cell radio goes berserk sometimes, and doesnt get a signal, other times i cannot disable the radio and it gets stuck on.... other problems too but still seem to random to explan.

LASTLY... is there an already existing way to edit the files in /system/bin.... for example wpa_supplicant, system_server, etc....

I havnt even tried standard decompilers, im going to now.

because if I could just look at the code....... i can try to fix this last error..: i wish projects were all open source and everyone was cool and nice and cool :(

Logcat (with radios on....is this a shutdown command? lol?)
NetlinkEvent (188)
parameter MDM_SHUTDOWN not found.
NetlinkEvent (188)
NetlinkEvent (188)
NetlinkEvent (188)
NetlinkEvent (188)
NetlinkEvent (188)
NetlinkEvent (188)
NetlinkEvent (188)
NetlinkEvent (188)
NetlinkEvent (188)

Logcat with radios off gives me an error that basically says its trying to connect to something and it says this over and over and over....

I get about 20 of these ever second ;)

If i didnt have an external portable battery charger i could not use this rom properly. However I do and now that the camera is fixed its nearly 100% functional :)

Ok last thing for real... Has anyone else had problems dual booting with this rom?

OK I THINK THIS IS REALLY THE LAST THING....... how many "secret features" does ICS/4.3/thisrom have? Ive found 3 so far....

edit: one more thing... ive tried basically everything short of the source code to fix this problem.... ok off to go decompile ..suerte a todos!!

ofc decompiling is harder than i thought >.> ... help plssss how can i get the source code?

Last edited:

leathan

Sep 15, 2013
WAHOOOOOOOOOOO I installed gemini live logcat and now i cant just ignore three things and walaa! (and yes i know they still spamm my phone, but atleast now i can see what else my phone is doing)

flash working too :)

now too get the code for these system/bin files..

Zn7mkUKzN1r8aCIV

Mar 20, 2013
Ooops... sadly

To warm up for upcoming 4.4 and gather some useful patches from 4.3 that might be useful later,

My journey in 4.3 starts and ends sadly just as E stated, the radio is broken, thx. to Moto closed source, the libmot_ril.so is the problem, no phone, just wifi and bt :(

The non-nenon camera and graphics acceleration CAN be patched just as TONYP of LG stated, no problem

but unlike TonyP's LG which have a ril folder in his device tree that can build a custom LGInfenion, we have NOTHING...

WE NEED A RIL WRAPPER similar to this one to work

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=824413

, but I don't have that skill...

Last edited:

leathan

Sep 15, 2013
So i have been comparing. 4.2.2 and 4.3 and the actual code improve,enta from 4.2.2 to 4.3 are actually backwards....

Im going back to 4.2.2 because i think the actual android implementation is faster.

Also i recomend people use 10.1 not 10.2, i have 10.2 basically fully working including vpns wifi cell flash camera video.. But it "feels" slower, and from what i read it is NOT faster..... Oh but the ap ops interface is a must!!! Lol...

Anyway 10.1 has ALOT mote users and its beautifully smooth.

One qustion though. On 10.1 and 10.2 when i do a logcat i see spam. By spam i mean spam. I get the following 24/7

HWC_HDMI_MOT pid 193
Wait_for_extdisp_service: try to connect to extdisp service ipc

Netlinkevent pid 192
Netlinkevent::findparam() parameter not found "MDM_SHUTDOWN

Netlinkevent pid 192
Netlinkevent pid 192
Netlinkevent pid 192
Netlinkevent pid 192
Netlinkevent pid 192
Netlinkevent pid 192

Netlinkevent pid 192
"

HWC_HDMI_MOT pid 193
Connecttpextdisplpc: client failed, no ipc serve

It appears to be trying to make a connection of some sort since the logcat always changes when radios are on. It also appears to be trying to send a shutdown command when radios are on?

When i check lotcat for just android system everything is ok... Is there a way to find and edit all pids like the aplication xprivacy? Because this appears to be a kernel process? And i think its located in system_server.exe.

If there is no easy edit solution, what is a command for finding the pid's acsociated name?

I really hate how close sourced the workd is on things that matter.... And how open source it is when they need your help.... Finding answers to certain problems is a a maize.... Like how to i turn off data reporting? Usage reporting? Debug reporting? Or (insertyournamehere) reporting?

If i merely turn all radios off at boot will this stop reporting... It should right.... Because when i do logcat i still see funny buisness and also i cannot seem to stop android system or settings from sending data across wifi... Also trumotoblur or whatever sends .08kb..... Im not sure setting checkjni=0 actually does anything.......

When it all boils down to the math my battery is being treated like a b%}#!$

Fuel is being exhausted and i feel powerless :( how can i obtain some sort of source code for these roms? I have all the needed software on like 10 machines ready to go. Is the only way to get the source code to look endlessly on irc channels and icq logs?

---------- Post added at 02:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:53 PM ----------

Also i delete like 50+ things on this rom so far...i cannot for the life of me figure out what it all does and it pisses me off that its closed source... Even the easy to decompile ones... I rather just delete... Like deepsleep apk for example... Ive tried with it and without it and see no difference except without it feels faster.... Also with it cant be faster since it randomly sends out tcpip traffic and also seems to lock my phone into certain power modes.... Anyway if you want a list to things i made inaccessible to my phone (not just apps) ask me... Not sure what i did since its hard to know unless your a developer due to the close nature of some of it...

But it "feels" ALOOOOOT ALOOOOOT!!!!!!!!! Faster. And my cpu usage is physically down... And bandwith usage also down.....

Battery still gets absolutely raaped... I think this is more due to my logcat'd issue? Maybe not.... But its very specific to 4.TWO roms

---------- Post added at 02:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:03 PM ----------

Black screen after install this ROM on my phone
Any idea

Did you do the usuals? Wipe cache and data?

Wiping data isnt really needed if your going from 10.1 to 10.2 (and not vise) versa but apparently you should still do it (i dont)?

Your problem might be not doing factory reset before installing? Try that? Idk? Did you get it working yet... Either way this rom is a slow buggy version of 10.1....LoL

Last edited:
Reactions: uriel_zo and arod81

leathan

Sep 15, 2013
Wow just found one of the collest apps ever! Peerblock http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2382356

It solves my bandwidth problem, it did what xprivacy couldnt and fully allows me to control internet use :) its so awesome! Now when i boot everything is stuch at 0.00kb AND THAN I CAN ALSO USE ONLY CERTAIN APPS TO BROWSE INTERNET! i love it :)

The main use is for adblocking... But i don use it for that

Zn7mkUKzN1r8aCIV

Mar 20, 2013
Wow just found one of the collest apps ever! Peerblock http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2382356

It solves my bandwidth problem, it did what xprivacy couldnt and fully allows me to control internet use :) its so awesome! Now when i boot everything is stuch at 0.00kb AND THAN I CAN ALSO USE ONLY CERTAIN APPS TO BROWSE INTERNET! i love it :)

The main use is for adblocking... But i don use it for that

Why not just use Droidwall???

Xposed framework is so powerful, mabybe too powerful, it's really like opening up the gate on the fortified castle...

BTW, I built specific app_process_sdk18 from this cm 10.2(4.3) tree for Xposed :)

leathan

Sep 15, 2013
Here the message that it can not connect the camera itself.

What?

---------- Post added at 05:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:02 AM ----------

Why not just use Droidwall???

Xposed framework is so powerful, mabybe too powerful, it's really like opening up the gate on the fortified castle...

BTW, I built specific app_process_sdk18 from this cm 10.2(4.3) tree for Xposed :)

Droidwall did NOT work.

This app is EXACTLY what i wanted. Literally now i can block exactly the spam connections made by the overhang that i patched and now the corresponding errors are fixed. Droidwall did not stop certain processes from sending data and did not allow customization or actual data.... This tool combined with packet sniffers and corresponding analyzers saved my life.... Google overhang is so bad.... SOOOOO BAD!!!!!.. Even when i disabled them at boot....

Xposed is an extremely powerful "hack" that shouldnt even be needed... If people were just open sourced and not evil.... Im so thankfull to xposed developers on so many fronts. I want to marry all the people who merely had the thought.

Ive used xposed forever... In fact i wish everyone did because the development support for it is very very small due to the lack of popularity,

When you say: BTW, I built specific app_process_sdk18 from this cm 10.2(4.3) tree for Xposed

what do you mean? Are you talking about the extra bundled app processes 39 vers 37 for 10.1.

The real "destruction" is the closed source nature of certain things.... Im looking EVERYWHERE for a solution to my logcat'd problem and i find hundreds of people reporting the problem, and its always unfixable due to CLOSED SOURCE.

im going insane because this is the last problem i cannot fix on 10.1 and 10.2.

Last edited:

leathan

Sep 15, 2013
look for the posts by TONYP, he has a github that contain the patches on OMX to make camera works on 4.3 on Tegra2

TONYP also posted a bulit libmedia.so for us too

This worked for me

Download this -> http://tonyp.basketbuild.com/index.php?dir=main/temp
(The exact file i used...md5: 7925146ffe...etc..)

1)Open up (root/su) file explorer (or adb from pc).
2)Navigate to /system/lib/
3)Rename libmedia.so to libmedia.so.backup
4)Move the file you downloaded to where libmedia.so was.

<Quote>Original words.... Okay guys, I just had an idea, my compiled libmedia.so might work for you as well.
Download it here: http://tonyp.basketbuild.com/index.php?dir=main/temp
Then push it to /system/lib/
You can use Rootexplorer or adb (adb root - adb remount - adb push libmedia.so /system/lib/) etc.
<\quote>
Now do a reboot, test the camera

Replacing that one library file made it all work for me (camera)

N0w to adress the fact that logcatting anything is impossible due to the spam that i posted above....(since its also in 10.1)

Last edited:
Reactions: youcef82

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is a CM10.2 (Jelly Bean, Android 4.3) firmware for Atrix. It's not a official CyanogenMod, and it's not supported by CM team.

Disclaimer: THIS ROM IS A PREVIEW, SO IT IS NOT FOR DAILY USAGE.
    I'm not responsible by phone bricks of any kind, or any other damage this firmware may cause to you, to your phone or any accessories conected to your phone.
    All installation procedures are the same as for CM9 and CM10.
    MAKE A BACKUP OF YOUR CURRENT FIRMWARE SO YOU CAN RETURN IF YOU WANT.

This ROM uses the kernel 3.1.10, from Olympus Kernel Project: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2016837

Download:
    http://goo.im/devs/epinter/cm-10.2-20130809-UNOFFICIAL-epinter-olympus.zip

Gapps:
    http://goo.im/devs/epinter/gapps/gapps-jb-20130809-olympus.zip

WIPE DATA REQUIRED.

Thanks to all the users for using and debugging. If you want to support my work donating, click the donate button(below my avatar), or in my website.
    THANKS TO THE DONATORS. THANKS VERY MUCH.
    4hCrwEu.png
    iB7UXjY.png
    New download links for ROM and Gapps available.
    news? everything stopped ?

Inviato dal mio XT925 con Tapatalk 4

Yes, I stopped... Radio is broken yet.
    I'm working on 10.1 for now.
    Thanks a lot for the update epinter. Amazing work as usual! This is a great update, most things seem to work.

Testing results/bugs for 0809 vs 0801:

Fixed in 0809:
    1) Wi-fi is working now!!! (Mobile data still not working, calling is okay)
    2) Can now receive calls
    3) Chrome / browser now working
    4) notification bar now working
    5) Home button / settings icon now working, so is screen lock.
    6) Notifications now getting updated in notification bar
    7) Now able to setup the Exchange Account for importing contacts from Gmail.
    8) Gmail app now working
    9) Google Currents now working
    10) Play store working fine now.

Bugs:
    1) Mobile data not working. (in both 0809 and 0801)
    2) File manager can't get get into "Root Access Mode" (Settings>General Settings>Access Mode>Root Access Mode) (in both 0809 and 0801)
    3) camera/focal still doesn't work (in both 0809 and 0801)
    4) FC storage in settings (Settings>Storage). (in both 0809 and 0801)
    5) Bluetooth audio not working. Bluetooth is getting discovered and connected, but audio is not routed through bluetooth when call is placed. (in both 0809 and 0801)

I have observed that most apps now work properly (including play store), may be due to newer version of Gapps.

Still testing. Will post more soon. :)

Thank you so much. :good: