Nexus 5 leaked

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Indiwiz

All of this drama about battery life and none of us have even touched the phone lol.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

---------- Post added at 08:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:26 AM ----------

BTW isn't Kit Kat supposed to be lighter (to support older hardware or whatever) ? So who knows what battery life will be. I would say "let's stop talking about the battery until we see results," but I see how great that worked out the last 10 times lol.

Reactions: KoRRo89

eman3316@optonline.net

Jun 23, 2007
Unfortunately the best CM experience on non Nexus is not on par of Nexus!
Then AOSP roms take much longer to get stable compared to pure Android!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 4

---------- Post added at 02:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:51 PM ----------

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 4
This is exactly on point! If anyone says to go get another phone and flash Roms to be on the latest update has never owned a non Nexus device and flashed AOSP Roms or does not care about bugs and a non stable device.

Kit-Kat will probably take months to hit other devices in a usable state and it still will be buggy no matter how many poeple post in the threads the Rom is perfect, because it is not!

Now for battery which seems to be a hot topic here. I have to agree with the users who want more battery life. I would rather see the N5 offer more juice and be slightly thicker then a smaller battery in a thinner device. I want a phone that can really shine in on-screen time. People who post pictures of their phone with 2 days of battery don't use their phone, period.

I will say the N4 has not been a true failure in battery but I am always looking for a bump up with each new device. When I am finally able to run a live wallpaper all day in addition to my regular daily use and have a nice amount of battery life left before plugging in, then I know we are where we need to be.

Right now, I still would not run a live wallpaper. People also need to realize if you are able to sit on wi-fi all day your battery will perform better. Unfortunetly a lot of people still need to rely on a data connection and it just eats into your batter all day.

Reactions: NCguy and vittogn

BoneXDA

Oct 9, 2012
All of this drama about battery life and none of us have even touched the phone lol.

---------- Post added at 08:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:26 AM ----------

BTW isn't Kit Kat supposed to be lighter (to support older hardware or whatever) ? So who knows what battery life will be. I would say "let's stop talking about the battery until we see results," but I see how great that worked out the last 10 times lol.

We pretty much know what to expect. The SD800 does better standby than the S4 Pro, the battery is slightly larger, the screen may be more efficient, but that's about it, nothing game changing. The G2/N3 delivers with their 3000mAh+ battery and 2300 just won't last through the day using pure Google experience. Why complain about a $350 product? Fair enough, but if the top-end SoC and screen made it through the competitive price, it's really puzzling why a larger battery that's neither expensive nor that large didn't. Most would agree that we'd rather have SD600, a 4.8" screen and 3000mAh no matter of 4.4 efficiency, either way, it's our opinion and don't tell us not to express it on a free forum.

Indiwiz

We pretty much know what to expect. The SD800 does better standby than the S4 Pro, the battery is slightly larger, the screen may be more efficient, but that's about it, nothing game changing. The G2/N3 delivers with their 3000mAh+ battery and 2300 just won't last through the day using pure Google experience. Why complain about a $350 product? Fair enough, but if the top-end SoC and screen made it through the competitive price, it's really puzzling why a larger battery that's neither expensive nor that large didn't. Most would agree that we'd rather have SD600, a 4.8" screen and 3000mAh no matter of 4.4 efficiency, either way, it's our opinion and don't tell us not to express it on a free forum.

Not telling you what to do, just saying we shouldn't judge a product based off what we think and not know. 4.4 is supposed to be one of the lightest versions of android in a while, I'm pretty sure it won't suck battery like previous versions. But who knows? And who cares? And the end of the day I'm going to get it.

BoneXDA

Oct 9, 2012
Not telling you what to do, just saying we shouldn't judge a product based off what we think and not know. 4.4 is supposed to be one of the lightest versions of android in a while, I'm pretty sure it won't suck battery like previous versions. But who knows? And who cares? And the end of the day I'm going to get it.

That's something we agree on. :good:

kepapas

May 21, 2012
Its a sad week for me my phone was totaled :( I couldn't sleep for a day.I really needed a phone I picked up the note 3 boy I hate it hopefully nexus 4 2013 comes out soon. No new information about release date?sorry been out for 3 days

Sent from my SM-N900T using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

eman3316@optonline.net

Jun 23, 2007
Its a sad week for me my phone was totaled :( I couldn't sleep for a day.I really needed a phone I picked up the note 3 boy I hate it hopefully nexus 4 2013 comes out soon. No new information about release date?sorry been out for 3 days

Nothing yet but I can sum up some XDA rumors for you....

Battery life will suck. The camera will only be 8MP and because of that it will also suck. 4.4 will be the lightest version of Android to date. There will be 32GB version. Battery life will suck. The camera will suck.......The camera will suck, battery life will suck.

The N5 or N4 (2013) will only be marginally better then the N4 (2012). It will be the same size, it will be smaller, it will have a 5" screen, nope it will have a 4.95" screen or somewhere in between....

It will be lighter then the current N4, it will weight the same......

One guy is buying all the stock and reselling at higher prices. Now he changed his mind after XDA backlash...oh, looking to buy and sell again.

The N5 will sell out, no it won't.....

It will be $600, nope it will be $350. Will have 4megs of ram, it will have 3 megs of ram, it will have 2 megs of ram. Will have OIS, won't have OIS.

Okay, that about sums up the last 3 days....:laugh:

Last edited:

Indiwiz

What is this comment based on? The only thing we really know about 4.4 is that we know nothing at all about 4.4. lol

http://www.phonedog.com/2013/10/03/i-love-that-android-s-kitkat-includes-older-android-devices/

That's just one of the articles. Maybe I didn't quote it right by saying one of the lightest versions but it's obviously going to be lighter than a lot of versions of android in order to be ran on older hardware.

kepapas

May 21, 2012

Battery life will suck. The camera will only be 8MP and because of that it will also suck. 4.4 will be the lightest version of Android to date. There will be 32GB version. Battery life will suck. The camera will suck.......The camera will suck, battery life will suck.

The N5 or N4 (2013) will only be marginally better then the N4 (2012). It will be the same size, it will be smaller, it will have a 5" screen, nope it will have a 4.95" screen or somewhere in between....

I just want performance and good development support .The rest doesn't bother me. Simple is good! I hate bloat ware (cough cough) Samsung. Thanks

Reactions: KoRRo89

Johmama

Apr 2, 2013

One guy is buying all the stock and reselling at higher prices. Now he changed his mind after XDA backlash...oh, looking to buy and sell again.

It will be $600, nope it will be $350. Will have 4megs of ram, it will have 3 megs of ram, it will have 2 megs of ram. Will have OIS, won't have OIS.

Pretty much this. I would add, however, that the battery life will suck so don't buy the phone.

Oh, and the battery life will be amazing, so buy it day 1.

Reactions: karthics4

yyz71

That Pretty Much Sums It Up;)

Brom2

Oct 7, 2010
Too late. I want the release to be at the 14th October, not at the 1st November.

Gesendet von meinem HTC One S mit Tapatalk 4

Hand76

Jul 1, 2010
Long Island N.Y.

Yea that's all well and good but what about the battery life?

Reactions: markjankovic

eman3316@optonline.net

Jun 23, 2007
Yea that's all well and good but what about the battery life?

Oh sorry, forgot about battery life.

Well rumor has it that it will be good, suck, good, suck, better, worse, suck, good, great, who even needs a battery in their phone just keep it plugged in, great, sucks, ok, not bad, terrible, non-replaceable, replaceable, gets hot, stays cool, wonderful, plug it in, don't need a plug, solar powered.......

NCguy

Jul 4, 2010
NC
You know its really too bad that with a fixed battery there will be no opportunity to swap with a larger 3rd party battery. To make matters worse, if you're hard on the battery, which many clearly will be, then depending on how long you own it you will probably wear the battery or kill it and then not be able to easily replace it:(

If you're hard on the battery this may be a one year phone.

eman3316@optonline.net

Jun 23, 2007
You know its really too bad that with a fixed battery there will be no opportunity to swap with a larger 3rd party battery. To make matters worse, if you're hard on the battery, which many clearly will be, then depending on how long you own it you will probably wear the battery or kill it and then not be able to easily replace it:(

That is a great point that people overlook about non-replaceable batteries. They get worse over time and stop holding a charge.

So longevity is kind of loss with a device that has a built in battery when you might only need a new battery, you now need to purchase a new device.

When Apple released their phone with non-removeable batteries and no extended storage Android users cringed and could not believe any company would do such a thing. We were all happy to not deal with this on Android devices.

Now Android manufatcures are following suite of some of the worst things Apple has brought to the table and becasue of it the users are no suffering!

Apple does soemthing right in the sense they at least copy the good things from Android each year while Android manufacturers copy the bad from Apple.

Reactions: TKardinal and NCguy

Hand76

Jul 1, 2010
Long Island N.Y.
So reasonably let me tell you what I would like to see at this point.

I want Google to announce this phone by the end of the day.
I want to be able to pre order my pre order by the end of the day.
I want Google to send me an early version of this phone to try out in preparation for the final version. (2 day shipping have it by wed)
I want Google to call me every morning at 10am to give me pro-tips and ask what last minute changes I would like to see made.
I want a Google representative to come to my door on or around Oct 30th to hand me the final version and port over all my settings from my test build.
I want a large Kit-Kat bar erected in front of my home.

Reactions: hyperspacey
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    At least it looks similar enough that my wife won't recognize that I got a new phone. :p

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=sMJ5APvE6uU#t=38

At 38 seconds, there is an Indian guy holding the next generation Nexus 4 on the left.

Screenshot below:

739ba72a2cd6091d459873fd056dd839.png

Nexus 5 Retail Packing LEAKED!!!

Retail Packing..

leak.jpg
    As someone who frequents XDA, it's a bit frustrating that all of you are cracking jokes in these Nexus 5 threads. I come here to read on any real updates/leaks, not to hear you guys wise cracking lame jokes. It's frustrating as hell to read through your comments to only find 1-2 posts with helpful information. If you don't have anything to add to the conversation, please just don't say anything at all then.

I know leaks can be faulty and many times wrong, but it's an interest of mine to follow every breaking bit of news when I'm interested in a new phone, car, etc. But seriously guys, the majority of the community here on XDA are all working adults with real jobs and lives, start acting like one.

1w58.jpg