[RECOVERY] [GN] [maguro] ClockworkMod Recovery 6.0.4.7 + Nightlies [Flashable Zip]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

osm0sis

Senior Recognized Developer / Contributor
Mar 14, 2012
Halifax
GT-i9250
Google Nexus 4
Ok guys since i have a Nexus 4 now i won't have time to follow the thread here so i would like to move the OP to @osm0sis if possible

On it! :) Thanks so much for everything.

OP updated, new second post with past changelog list coming soon.

how to fix every tim reboot system always asking fix root????

Known issue listed in my changelog posts. I'll try and find a place in the op for the issues (and headline features) as well.

Edit: Done! :D

Last edited:

Lancez

Aug 25, 2008
SoCal
accidently formated factory folder, now i have generic IMEI instead of my own, now i have no signal at all :( i do have a backup rom on my computer and restore it will work, but i don't think i still have that EFS folder on my backup anymore. tried Ktool and EFS professional tool, but none of them worked. dose anyone have any idea how i can get back my EFS/IMEI? thanks in advance

osm0sis

Mar 14, 2012
Halifax
GT-i9250
Google Nexus 4
thanks, 1 more favor to ask, can you show me your /factory folder?

Code:
/factory/

bluetooth/bt_addr
imei/mps_code.dat
lost+found/
wifi/.mac.info
.nv_core.bak
.nv_core.bak.md5
.nv_data.bak
.nv_data.bak.md5
.nv_state
hdcp.keys
nv.log
nv_data.bin
nv_data.bin.md5
wv.keys

You may be out of luck since you actually formatted it... That link assumes the directory still exists even though your IMEI is screwed.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lancez

Lancez

Aug 25, 2008
SoCal
Code:
/factory/

bluetooth/bt_addr
imei/mps_code.dat
lost+found/
wifi/.mac.info
.nv_core.bak
.nv_core.bak.md5
.nv_data.bak
.nv_data.bak.md5
.nv_state
hdcp.keys
nv.log
nv_data.bin
nv_data.bin.md5
wv.keys

You may be out of luck since you actually formatted it... That link assumes the directory still exists even though your IMEI is screwed.

after i restored my early nandroid backup, there's only lost+found folder in factory folder. i guess i'm screwed :crying:

P.S. i think the imei/mps-code.dat is where the imei stored

Lancez

Aug 25, 2008
SoCal
accidently formated factory folder, now i have generic IMEI instead of my own, now i have no signal at all :( i do have a backup rom on my computer and restore it will work, but i don't think i still have that EFS folder on my backup anymore. tried Ktool and EFS professional tool, but none of them worked. dose anyone have any idea how i can get back my EFS/IMEI? thanks in advance

sorry to quote my own post, but i have fixed my generic imei problem after wiped factory folder from recovery yesterday. so be extremely careful when you go into mounts and storage on 6.0.4.4, coz there's a wipe factory option and if you accidently wiped it, you'll lose your original imei and it'll be replaced with generic imei starting with "0049xxxxx" and in my case, no signals at all.

Last edited:

Lancez

Aug 25, 2008
SoCal
And how did you fix it in the end? Don't bury the lead!

i've come across this thread first, but it didn't work for me since i don't have backup of original factory folder. i've been thinking, if you can copy .nv_data.bin from /factory to /data/radio to fix imei problem, why can't i just do the backwards?

coz flashing my previous nandroid backup is the only way to get my phone working again, so /data/radio should contain the correct .nv_data.bin file, since nandroid backup only backs up data and system. so i just copied .nv_datda.bin and .nv_data.bin.md5 from /radio/data to /factory then clean install a ROM. now i have my imei back and phone is running like it's supposed to be.

osm0sis

Mar 14, 2012
Halifax
GT-i9250
Google Nexus 4
@osm0sis
Which version of cwm had again fix permission

2nd OP now contains a features added/removed list with versions. Check it out! :)

Also search the thread, cyanogen wrote fix_permissions, and said himself that it causes more trouble than it's worth in the latest versions of Android.

Last edited:
R

ronnie_1712

Just stumbled upon this to my utter surprise. Nighties for a recovery omg

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

dmarmstr

Jun 17, 2009
i've come across this thread first, but it didn't work for me since i don't have backup of original factory folder. i've been thinking, if you can copy .nv_data.bin from /factory to /data/radio to fix imei problem, why can't i just do the backwards?

coz flashing my previous nandroid backup is the only way to get my phone working again, so /data/radio should contain the correct .nv_data.bin file, since nandroid backup only backs up data and system. so i just copied .nv_datda.bin and .nv_data.bin.md5 from /radio/data to /factory then clean install a ROM. now i have my imei back and phone is running like it's supposed to be.

Lancez

Did you have do any permission changes to get those to be read from the /factory partition? I can restore my old nandroid and my phone is working, but I copied those files to the /factory partition but when I flashed a new rom the IMEI is back to the generic one. Are you still just running the nandroid backup? This really sucks that option is in there. Why would it even be there? It even shows up on the release of v6.0.4.3!

Lancez

Aug 25, 2008
SoCal
Lancez

Did you have do any permission changes to get those to be read from the /factory partition? I can restore my old nandroid and my phone is working, but I copied those files to the /factory partition but when I flashed a new rom the IMEI is back to the generic one. Are you still just running the nandroid backup? This really sucks that option is in there. Why would it even be there? It even shows up on the release of v6.0.4.3!

I'm running latest AOKP 4.3.1 nightly and I have flashed a bunch of ROMs after the "incident". everything seems to be fine. I've attached couple of screenshots, hopefully it'll help you out.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1383262880418.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1383262880418.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 675
  • uploadfromtaptalk1383262894847.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1383262894847.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 659
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ClockworkMod Recovery -- Latest maguro Official & Nightlies

This thread is for the GSM/HSPA+ (maguro) model, GT-i9250, and its international variants.

"Nightlies" and changelogs are posted in this thread each time a version bump is made in the source with no official update on ROM Manager. Zips for the latest official are also posted until another "nightly" gets made. Links to the latest "nightly" zips will be in this post, as well as links to the latest official fastboot images via ROM Manager.

http://github.com/CyanogenMod/android_bootable_recovery/commits/cm-11.0

Downloads

Current Official: 6.0.4.7 (Jan 29, 2014)
    Fastboot links: http://clockworkmod.com/rommanager
    Changelog link: http://v.ht/6047mo

Use the appropriate fastboot command to flash on an unlocked bootloader:
    Code:
    fastboot flash recovery recovery-clockworkmod-touch-6.0.4.7-maguro.img

Or use my Flashlt script or Recovery zip!

Final "Nightly": 6.0.5.1+ (Nov 4, 2014)
    Flashable Zip / Changelog link: http://v.ht/6051mf

Zips provided to flash in the custom recovery of your choice.

Credits: I take no credit for any of the fantastic work done on the recovery; I'm just making it easier for the community to follow along by sharing builds from builder.clockworkmod.com (or mirrors.reflected.net for 6.0.4.9+) and packaging them as zips with a changelog summarized from the Github contributions. CWM is open source and features ongoing work by koush, cyanogen, PhilZ and many others.
    I've never had any problem with 6.0.0.5 and I don't expect to have any with 6.0.1.0. I've made backups and restored from ics to jellybean roms with no problems.

I made flashable zips for 6.0.1.0 for whomever may have a problem with fastboot.

CWM Recovery 6.0.1.0 maguro

CWM Recovery Touch 6.0.1.0 maguro
    CWM Official 6.0.3.5 Changelog - maguro:
    https://github.com/CyanogenMod/android_bootable_recovery/commits/cm-10.1

Jul 23, 2013 - 6.0.3.4 is the previous official, update zlib, SELinux warning display changes, add "headless" mode.

Jul 29, 2013 - 6.0.3.5 is the most recent on ROM Manager, remove fix permissions, add reboot options to advanced menu, fixes to Superuser for JB4.3.

(For an unofficial list of other changes between recent versions, see my previous changelog.)

Known Bugs:
    - Key test does not have a confirmation, so if triggered by mistake a hard reset is required if no USB connection is available to make it exit.
    - Now that "No file_contexts" warning is not suppressed, it seems to display all the time on some configurations.

Fastboot Images Download: http://clockworkmod.com/rommanager

[Attachments removed as newer official was released.]
    CWM Unofficial "Nightlies" Changelog - maguro:
    https://github.com/CyanogenMod/android_bootable_recovery/commits/cm-10.2

Oct 1, 2013 - 6.0.4.0 is the most recent on ROM Manager, format external storage to custom fstype, fix refresh USB devices with key repeat, fix tgz multi-volume extraction, reintroduce Easter Egg, fix f2fs formatting from EDIFY.

Oct 5, 2013 - 6.0.4.1 allow sideload to be used with other commands.

Oct 6, 2013 - 6.0.4.2 revision bump for new device support. No other changes.

(For an unofficial list of other changes between recent versions, see my previous changelog.)

Known Bugs / Notes:
    - Key test does not have a confirmation, so if triggered by mistake a hard reset is required if no USB connection is available to make it exit.
    - SELinux in JB4.3 changes the permissions of su on every boot, so after any boot back to Android you will get a su warning in CWM; it can be ignored.
    - If you're using the SuperSU daemonsu then you may want to create /system/etc/.installed_su_daemon to suppress the CWM dialog to disable reflashing stock recovery (the install-recovery.sh it checks for is required to run the root daemon on ROMs without a native service).

[ Attachments removed as there is a newer nightly. ]
    CWM Unofficial "Nightlies" Changelog - maguro:
    https://github.com/CyanogenMod/android_bootable_recovery/commits/cm-10.2

Oct 6, 2013 - 6.0.4.3 is the most recent on ROM Manager, another version bump for new builds. No other changes.

Oct 7, 2013 - 6.0.4.4 fix touch events on some devices, updates to loki support.

Nov 11, 2013 - 6.0.4.5 remove all extra "no" options (create .many_confirm to restore), optional swipe-based touch controls on some devices, reboot more cleanly, vold fixes, new "last path" option under install zip and menu fixes, make/clean build fixes.

Jan 1, 2014 - 6.0.4.6 memory usage improvements, fix vold formatting, menu fixes, move all recovery settings to one file in /data/media/0/clockworkmod/, code cleanups, update loki support to v2.1, revert to old Andy with earwiggle (I worked around this change in the ramdisk because it was hideous).

Known Bugs / Notes:
    - SELinux in JB4.3+ changes the permissions of su on every boot, so after any boot back to Android you will get a su warning in CWM; it can be ignored.
    - Default format menu doesn't update.

[ Attachments removed since a newer nightly is available. ]