[Q] Migration advice?

Search This thread

Dalboz

Sep 13, 2010
I am currently on Verizon Gnex that is running Cyanogenmod. When I get my Note3 it will be my first time moving from one phone to another.

What would be the best way to move my apps (especially the data saved by each app) from a rooted non-stock device to an unrooted stock device?

I currently have titanium backup but since root isnt yet available on the note 3 it doesnt sound like that will be useful.

Thanks for any help / advice you can give..

thecolorsduke

Feb 12, 2012
Although I have not tried it myself, Helium looks like a good option. Does not require root and developed by the infamous Clockworkmod.

Sent from my SM-N900V using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: Mattv111

derrtydee

Jul 25, 2013
Missouri
I am currently on Verizon Gnex that is running Cyanogenmod. When I get my Note3 it will be my first time moving from one phone to another.

What would be the best way to move my apps (especially the data saved by each app) from a rooted non-stock device to an unrooted stock device?

I currently have titanium backup but since root isnt yet available on the note 3 it doesnt sound like that will be useful.

Thanks for any help / advice you can give..

I used Helium and everything went swimmingly. Backed up everything on the Note 2, saved in Google Drive, then went to restore on my Note 3. The only drawback is that you have to have all of your apps already downloaded on your new device before you can restore them, though the app does link to that respective app in the Google Play store so that you can redownload it.

i also read about a fix for Titanium Backup users here:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2473114

FrostyOrDie

Feb 27, 2012
Helium will let you back up the full apps as well as data. It just takes far longer to do so. I like some older versions of apps and some that are no longer available.

And Boom goes the dynamite! now Free

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Although I have not tried it myself, Helium looks like a good option. Does not require root and developed by the infamous Clockworkmod.

Sent from my SM-N900V using XDA Premium 4 mobile app