[Q] Karbonn A2+ ROMs and CWM?

Search This thread

ViKtory36

Oct 11, 2013
Hello all.
I'd like to know if there's any custom roms for Karbonn A2+. I'm already guessing the answer is a "No" so I'd like to know if/how I can port any rom with JB firmware and any CWM to my device (Please tell me what rom should I take to port
The device runs on 4.0.4 ICS, with 1ghz 256mb ram, and a 4" WVGA capacitive touch screen. I've rooted it via Framaroot and am using an additional 1gb of swapped ram.

Thanks in advance.

yogiworld

Jan 19, 2009
Root & cwm for karbonn a2+

It is a simple procedure, but it took long time for me to make it work.

Points to consider
a. After flashing my phone didn’t boot. I just flashed only the recovery, I think that would caused the problem, later I re-flashed the stock rom boot img separately).worked !

b. Instead of backup copy I tried with the stock rom imgs, It worked for me. If you don’t want to lose any data please use your phone backup copy img files.

c. I am not a developer & don’t know how the stuffs work inside the mobile, with the help of XDA contributors & developers forum messages, I was able to do something.

d. Please do read the rooting & flashing guides thoroughly.

e. Please don’t panic if something goes wrong. Stock rom is available, flash it & you get your mobile back.

ROOTING & BACK UP

1.Frama root will give you the root rights ! - http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2130276
Download & Install - open it choose install super user, then click "boromir" success message will appear, click ok and reboot your phone. You can see a message "android is updating" after you reboot your phone.

2. Dowload MTKdroid lastest version (older version also fine)-sorry I couldn’t find any working links
Backup your stock rom using MTK droid tool, before making any changes to the stock OS. MTK droid tool may ask you to root again. Please read rooting and flashing instructions thoroughly before doing any changes.

a. Install MTKdroid tool in your pc & open it, If the tool asks you to root, click root, in couple sec or mins yellow signal will turn green.

b. Click on the “Root,backup,recovery & then click backup – Please wait till the process completes
If the message says “end with error” – The backup copy will not help us to re-flash the OS
(I tried many times, but I am not able to flash the backup copy with SP flash tool, gives me some error.
(for making CWM the above copy is fine, because I hope there won’t be any error when the software creates a backup for boot.img & recovery.img)

c. Ok assuming that there is no error, the next step is Click on the button “To prepare blocks for Flash tool” – wait till it completes. This process will gives us the entire copy of the rom to flash it with SP flash tool – Can find the backups in MTKdroid tools /backups/ Karbonn-A2+_number _date_backup_ folder/file to flash tool. (MTKdroid tool is required to create CWM, so don’t close the MTKdroid tool)

d. No stock roms were available when I was testing that time, so I ended up with the service center. Thanks to XDA member “Forever Alone”. Now working stock rom is available.

3.CWM CREATING & PORTING

a. Select “To choose the boot.img file & click recovery & boot. Software will ask you to select the boot.img. Select the boot.img from the backup copy in MTKdroid tools /backups/Karbonn-A2+_ _backup_ /file to flash tool.

b. Click Yes - To make CWM automaticllay

C. Click yes - If phone isn't loaded, it is ness to flash this file...to phone? Software may show a write error, just leave it for now.

e. Click NO - Install created recovery to phone ?

Copy of the recovery & boot img will be in MTKdroid tools /recovery

Now CWM has been created & that needs to flashed via SP flash tool

4. Flashing CWM recovery

Download SP flashtool - http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1982576
Copy the scatter file from Mtkdroid backup folder to mtkdroid recovery folder to avoid confusion in selecting the image files.
Open SP flashtool – Select the scatter file from mtkdroid recovery folder & flash it. You are done. Now you can see the auto made CWM instead of stock recovery
attachment has screen shots-please refere that to this section

5.Download the stock rom from - http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2520719
Extract the files & store it in separate folder.

Last edited:

jaganrao44@gmail.com

Nov 14, 2013
chennai
Any custom rom for karbonn a2+

how can i install custom roms on karbonn a2+ i rooted my mobile and i have cmw recovery on my mobile.. any os available for karbonn a2+. karbonn a1+ support custom xperia rom but y any one make custom for karbonn a2+. plzz kindly help me..

jaganrao44@gmail.com

Nov 14, 2013
chennai
hi.. im using karbonn a2+ mtk 6575 device .i downlaod lewa os for karbonn a11 as same specification of karbonn a2+. but installed that succefully. but stuck in boot logo..but im not ported this rom.i just change boot image only.. what is the problem??

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello all.
    I'd like to know if there's any custom roms for Karbonn A2+. I'm already guessing the answer is a "No" so I'd like to know if/how I can port any rom with JB firmware and any CWM to my device (Please tell me what rom should I take to port
    The device runs on 4.0.4 ICS, with 1ghz 256mb ram, and a 4" WVGA capacitive touch screen. I've rooted it via Framaroot and am using an additional 1gb of swapped ram.

Thanks in advance.
    Bump, is there anyone who can point me to the correct guide to follow?
    I'm facing the same problem.
    hardware config.of a2+are- mt6575 with kernel 3.0.13
    brand- alps , model- A2+
    hey guys.. i got karbonn A2+ replaced via company..
    they have gave me mt6577 board with 1.3 Ghz and jellyfish 4.2.2
    Interesting, could you please dump the rom?
    "Jellyfish"?