from apple to android, huge mistake!!!

Search This thread

alim1155

Oct 28, 2013
Hello guys,

So after 5 years i decided to switch from my beloved iphone 4s, to the lg g2.
have realized it is biggest mistake ever after many problems :)
problem:
I bought the phone when i was ona trip to South korea, unlocked and good. It worked fine for some days.

I have used android encryption to encrypt the phone, after encryption the pin i have given it does not work.
everything is in Korean, even though i changed the language in the OS to english.

I tried this http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2432476

Model NUmber

LGF320S
but it hasnot helped, it still asks me for the PIN( attached screenshot)

LG support is totally useless and i have searched the internet for days.
Please help me :)
I am ready to throw this phone out the window.

Last edited:

Oli1122

Oct 21, 2009
London
Let me get this straight ; you bought a phone in another country ( this is stupid to do.). Then you encrypted it ( why?) then you didn't know the pin ( It can't simply "not work".) this is not android's fault my dear..
Sent from my LG-D802 using xda app-developers app

Unfortunately im inclined to agree, this looks more like user error than any fault of Android or LG. Why would you expect LG to give any help and support? If you purchased the phone in a different region?

Reactions: mouf32

Dr.Molestratus

Jan 5, 2013
Silkeborg
Also, encryption is used on business tier phones. There is no need to encrypt it so people can't see your pictures of your genital. Still eager to know why you encrypted it..

mgolder

Jun 21, 2010
Chorley
With the least offense intended.... You are right, it was a mistake for you to leave the iPhone!

Because clearly Android doesn't need people just doing amazingly silly things and then coming online and whinging about it as if it is Android & LGs fault!

You shouldn't buy a completely foreign phone unless you know how to change it all.

Why fully encrypt it all? There are hundreds of apps you could have downloaded to keep your pics/vids/messages/contacts safe and hidden etc without taking this massive risk.

Seems your only choice, is to factory reset and get it set up in (presumably) English and start again. This time taking more care.

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk

AndroidUser00110001

Aug 16, 2011
NYC
Are you trying to reset the phone? If so with power off, press and hold the power key and volume down at same time. When LG screen appears release both keys and then press them again. You should get into the reset menu.

Some of you people are very rude. Maybe the OP did need to encrypt phone for business reason but it really doesn't matter why OP encrypted the phone. If it is their choice to do it then so be it, remember Android is about choice?

Dr.Molestratus why is buying phone from different country stupid to do? I buy many unlocked phones that are meant for different regions and if I had an issue that I could not resolve I would expect help from a GLOBAL company...

Hello guys,

So after 5 years i decided to switch from my beloved iphone 4s, to the lg g2.
have realized it is biggest mistake ever after many problems :)
problem:
I bought the phone when i was ona trip to South korea, unlocked and good. It worked fine for some days.

I have used android encryption to encrypt the phone, after encryption the pin i have given it does not work.
everything is in Korean, even though i changed the language in the OS to english.

I tried this http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2432476

Model NUmber

LGF320S
but it hasnot helped, it still asks me for the PIN( attached screenshot)

LG support is totally useless and i have searched the internet for days.
Please help me :)
I am ready to throw this phone out the window.

Azeolus

Nov 22, 2011

Am I the only one smelling something fishy here? Lets look at the facts here, he is looking for a way to get into a phone that is encrypted with a pin and in a foreign language. Maybe I'm just cynical but it sounds to me like someone trying to get into a stolen phone.

Reactions: kingo11 and tiguy99

Dr.Molestratus

Jan 5, 2013
Silkeborg
You should learn what phones from around the world support what bands.
I am stating that it is a really bad idea buying ANY phone from ANY other country than your own.
Please stop being arrogant.

---------- Post added at 03:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:41 PM ----------

You should learn what phones from around the world support what bands.
I am stating that it is a really bad idea buying ANY phone from ANY other country than your own.

Paradoxxx

Aug 14, 2008
Krakow
Am I the only one smelling something fishy here? Lets look at the facts here, he is looking for a way to get into a phone that is encrypted with a pin and in a foreign language. Maybe I'm just cynical but it sounds to me like someone trying to get into a stolen phone.

Exactly my tough. And now he has the solution to unlock it. It seems damn fishy to me.

Envoyé de mon Nexus 4 en utilisant Tapatalk

AndroidUser00110001

Aug 16, 2011
NYC

---------- Post added at 03:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:41 PM ----------

Arrogant as in calling someone stupid for buying a phone in different country and then asking why they encrypted the phone or assuming it was to hide pictures of their private parts?

Ever think it could be a bug within android. Maybe encrypting it changed the language back to default language and the character set got hosed in translation and this is why the password is not working. I have seen strange things happen when I was porting ROMs from one country phone to another.

I am sorry to say but you were the arrogant ass from your original comments. XDA is here to help users, especially new ones so instead of bashing someone when they were looking for help you should have kept your fingers off the keyboard.

Sent from my LG-D800 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: joshnichols189

stevessvt

Nov 6, 2010
Lake Worth
this-will-not-end-well-cat.jpg

Reactions: Paradoxxx

andybites

Dec 24, 2011
Does this not work?

Power off the device and ensure it is not connected to any USB cables.
Press and hold the following keys for 8 seconds: Power key + Volume down key
When the LG Logo is displayed, release and then immediately re-hold the Power key.
When the 'FACTORY HARD RESET' screen displays, release the keys.
Press the Power key to reset or one of the Volume keys to cancel.
Press the Power key to confirm the reset. The reset will start immediately.

joshnichols189

Jun 5, 2010
Chicago
You guys are all so incredibly amusing. Because something happens that you can't explain, means suddenly OP is trying to unlock a phone that he stole? Holy crap that's a far reach. We were all noons once, it isn't too hard to believe that someone who wanted a REMOVABLE BATTERY AND REMOVABLE STORAGE bought the Korean variant. It isn't too hard to believe that someone who is paranoid about sensitive data possibly FROM THEIR OWN COMPANY or something tried to encrypt their phone. It isn't too hard to believe that encrypting the phone reset the language back to default, and here we are bashing someone for no fault of their own, because we choose to believe they stole a phone from Korea and are now trying to get into it.

How cynical can we be?

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    With the least offense intended.... You are right, it was a mistake for you to leave the iPhone!

Because clearly Android doesn't need people just doing amazingly silly things and then coming online and whinging about it as if it is Android & LGs fault!

You shouldn't buy a completely foreign phone unless you know how to change it all.

Why fully encrypt it all? There are hundreds of apps you could have downloaded to keep your pics/vids/messages/contacts safe and hidden etc without taking this massive risk.

Seems your only choice, is to factory reset and get it set up in (presumably) English and start again. This time taking more care.

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk
    Let me get this straight ; you bought a phone in another country ( this is stupid to do.). Then you encrypted it ( why?) then you didn't know the pin ( It can't simply "not work".) this is not android's fault my dear..
    Wow, you guys are being kinda harsh. He asked for help. Instead of patronizing him, how about offering suggestions on resetting the phone? Geez...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think it's because of how the OP labeled his thread. Kinda seems like an insult to the android community at first glance.
    i switched from iPhone 5, had every iPhone besides 4s and i tried multiple androids since the Tmobile G1 came out, and the lg g2 is the first android that has truly impressed me hence why i still have it and love it!! F$#@ an iPhone
    this thread is literally full of fail. OP, go back to using an iphone, please. apple makes locked down phones for a certain reason, for certain types of people.

Sent from my LG G2 using Tapatalk Pro