Nexus 4 Indian Thread [Pricing, Availability, Reviews, Support and More]

Are you facing any issues or drawbacks?? (Nexus Owners Only)

• Total voters
Search This thread

mor_1228

Oct 3, 2010
Delhi
Just a quick poll from you guys, So how many of you actually got tempted by KitKat or any of its features or UI overhaul..?? Seriously speaking I'm not, the only thing that caught my attention was that dialer icon and nothing else, used it for a day i guess and finally decided to revert back to PA for now, seeing how iOS revamped their OS in the present iteration don't you all think android is taking their success very lightly, seeing the OEM's update list makes it clear that though Android talks of removing fragmentation with KitKat by supporting 512MB devices(Which is KitKat's top feature BTW), we all know only flagships are gonna recieve its update and not any low end device. You all can judge by yourself by seeing transition from Gingerbread to ICS and JB to JB and to JB :p to KitKat, that where we were and where we are heading to.
There's no point to false praise just 'coz we own Nexus and think of us as core android users.
Π £ x {_} $⁴

Mr. how did u try it ?

chaitanya87

Jul 14, 2011
Hyderabad
Just a quick poll from you guys, So how many of you actually got tempted by KitKat or any of its features or UI overhaul..?? Seriously speaking I'm not, the only thing that caught my attention was that dialer icon and nothing else, used it for a day i guess and finally decided to revert back to PA for now, seeing how iOS revamped their OS in the present iteration don't you all think android is taking their success very lightly, seeing the OEM's update list makes it clear that though Android talks of removing fragmentation with KitKat by supporting 512MB devices(Which is KitKat's top feature BTW), we all know only flagships are gonna recieve its update and not any low end device. You all can judge by yourself by seeing transition from Gingerbread to ICS and JB to JB and to JB :p to KitKat, that where we were and where we are heading to.
There's no point to false praise just 'coz we own Nexus and think of us as core android users.
Π £ x {_} $⁴

First of all iOS has copied it new features from Android. They have revamped their os like what in 3 years. Did you check the 4s after the iOS 7 update? It is very slow than nexus one. IOS 7 is designed for iPhone 5 and 5s . That's their marketing strategy. Kitkat is for the newer phones that are coming in the low and midrange models. As most of the android users complaint that the low end phones are not fast because of low RAM. KitKat solves this issue. Also yesterday's build was a preview or alpha build. They would like us to taste and have fun with it. I would say better try the stock 4.4 and you will change your opinion.

Sent from my Nexus 4

saintsinner25

Mar 25, 2011
Jaipur
'Geeky stats' lol

Sent from my Combat Cross

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1383362331115.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1383362331115.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 194
Reactions: yoshimitsu1234

adidas007

Nov 7, 2012
Kikat has improved the battery life! It's giving me 4hrs SOT when I have over clocked my phone. No under volting and full brightness

Sent from my Nexus 4 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

avinashjirapure

Dec 19, 2010
Google Pixel 2 XL
Something hidden at 4.4 .....

There were lot's speculations about 4.4 launch date... I used to hear a new theory & new date almost every day. It was pretty confirmed that it was delayed but what could be reason? lets see,

If someone noticed, just few days back Google acquired a new French company called FlexyCore for 23 million & they said, flexycore developer team will join to core android development team. What this FlexyCore guys were doing?? check this link for their amazing work.. video link .

For last many years, FlexyCore were working on android runtime compilers to make android super faster on low end devices. hmmmm...now we can understand that how 4.4 is supporting low ended devices :good:
Now android has two runtime compilers dalvik-vm & ART. Android 4.4 source also includes a dex2oat program to convert ODEX files into OAT files compatible with ART. More detailed at XDA

I guess ART must be last minute addition to the new KITKAT 4.4. & same has delayed the launch. Same could be understood by knowing that brand new Nexus 5 requires system update & can not run without new system update. As they were shipped with earlier version & of-course now there is system change :p. LINK

It seems 4.4 is undergoing system change for performance boosting, so we should expect few more update in short time after receiving our first 4.4 OTA,

Three cheers for Android :good::good::good:

saintsinner25

Mar 25, 2011
Jaipur
Gigs I just ordered a black carbon fiber skin for my n4 from ebay.would it look nice with the ringke fusion?

---------- Post added at 12:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:57 AM ----------

Gigs I just ordered a black carbon fiber skin for my n4 from ebay.would it look nice with the ringke fusion?

*guys

punitthereddevil

Jun 26, 2012
Belgaum
Xiaomi Poco F3

---------- Post added at 12:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:57 AM ----------

*guys

Yep...it definitely will look great...with black and also the white fusion case...it will have a nice contrasting look with the white one...

------------------------------------------------------
| NEXUS 4
| SLIMBEAN 4.3 BUILD 1 OFFICIAL
| ZIDDEY'S OTG KERNEL r184
| TWRP 2.6.3.0

Reactions: saintsinner25

punitthereddevil

Jun 26, 2012
Belgaum
Xiaomi Poco F3
There were lot's speculations about 4.4 launch date... I used to hear a new theory & new date almost every day. It was pretty confirmed that it was delayed but what could be reason? lets see,

If someone noticed, just few days back Google acquired a new French company called FlexyCore for 23 million & they said, flexycore developer team will join to core android development team. What this FlexyCore guys were doing?? check this link for their amazing work.. video link .

For last many years, FlexyCore were working on android runtime compilers to make android super faster on low end devices. hmmmm...now we can understand that how 4.4 is supporting low ended devices :good:
Now android has two runtime compilers dalvik-vm & ART. Android 4.4 source also includes a dex2oat program to convert ODEX files into OAT files compatible with ART. More detailed at XDA

I guess ART must be last minute addition to the new KITKAT 4.4. & same has delayed the launch. Same could be understood by knowing that brand new Nexus 5 requires system update & can not run without new system update. As they were shipped with earlier version & of-course now there is system change :p. LINK

It seems 4.4 is undergoing system change for performance boosting, so we should expect few more update in short time after receiving our first 4.4 OTA,

Three cheers for Android :good::good::good:

:eek:
That's really a good analysis bro...and makes perfect sense...!! U really got a good observation there...:thumbup::D

| NEXUS 4
| TWRP 2.6.3.0

Reactions: avinashjirapure

rjunraj

Apr 4, 2012
surat
Did anyone here tried kitkat ported stock rom ?
Reviews are 90% positive

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4

saintsinner25

Mar 25, 2011
Jaipur
Yep...it definitely will look great...with black and also the white fusion case...it will have a nice contrasting look with the white one...

| NEXUS 4
| TWRP 2.6.3.0

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2177634

The guy who has started the thread has the same setup I'm looking to use..damn it looks sexy :D

---------- Post added at 12:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:41 PM ----------

Did anyone here tried kitkat ported stock rom ?
Reviews are 90% positive

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4

I'm running it.runs slick and yet to face any bugs.

punitthereddevil

Jun 26, 2012
Belgaum
Xiaomi Poco F3
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2177634

The guy who has started the thread has the same setup I'm looking to use..damn it looks sexy :D

---------- Post added at 12:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:41 PM ----------

I'm running it.runs slick and yet to face any bugs.

How much are u getting it for...?

| NEXUS 4
| TWRP 2.6.3.0

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi Fellow Indians,

Welcome to the Indian Discussion Thread for Nexus 4.

Pricing & Purchase

For importing it..

I suggest you to head over to saptakmohanta.blogspot.in

for a detailed info about importing and the steps with a short and sweet review for dessert. :)

Thanks, saptak1990

Statistics​

All of those who have ordered from play store, please fill in this Nexus 4 Indian Users' Play Store order statistics form. This will help us help each other and get an overview of ordering and shipping statistics.​

Reviews​

My N4 - Timeline

Well well well..guess who just knocked at my door today? :D
    I'm seeing a lot of Jan 29 early birds like me getting their Nexi (oh, was that not the plural? ;)) today. I could've got it a lot earlier if it wasn't for the snail-paced Bangalore customs who made my phone sit in their office for one whole week. :mad:

Well, BLR customs may be dead slow but as someone already pointed out, they won't charge ridiculous customs duty I guess. You will come to know why at the end of this post.

Timeline of My N4

Stage 1: Google Play

Order Date/Time: Jan 29, 2013 9:27 AM PST
    Items: 1 x Nexus 16GB, 1 x Official Bumper (same order)
    Shipped to: HSG
    Shipped Date: Jan 29, 2013 2:41 PM PST (same day!)
    Payment Mode: US Credit Card

Order Progress:
    yuC9RKM.png

Mails Received: (in order)
    1. Your Google Play Order Receipt from Jan 29, 2013 (did not go to Pre-Order, shows shipping estimate 1 - 2 weeks)
    2. Google Inc. $382.98 - Your order is on hold: Please update your credit card (Reason: High value transaction blocked by bank's fraud protection. Friend got verification call and block was released, tried payment again with same card and went through this time)
    3. Payment update confirmation - Google Order #XXXXXXXXXXXXXX
    4. Google Inc. $382.98 - Your order is in progress
    5. Your Google Play Order from Jan 29, 2013 Has Shipped

Cost breakup:
    • Nexus 4 16GB - $349
    • Nexus 4 Official Bumper - $19.99
    • Shipping to Portland, Oregon - $13.99
    • State Tax: $0
    Total = $382.98 (No forex involved and saved a bit here, hence paid only ₹20300 to friend :good:)

Stage 2: HopShopGo

HSG received Date/Time: Jan 31, 2013 9:27 AM PST
    Tracking Info:
    osluvTZ.png

HSG updated package in account at: Jan 31, 2013 6:45 PM PST (approx.)
    Nexus + Bumper Actual Weight: 0.5kg
    Nexus + Bumper Volumetric Weight: 0.87kg
    Chargeable Weight: 1kg
    Shipping Mode: Express (DHL)
    Declared Value in HSG: $368.99 (no taxes or Google Play shipping charges)

Cost breakup:
    • International Shipping: $25.92
    • Fuel Surchage: $2.88
    • Mandatory Insurance: $2.59
    Total = $31.39 (Paid with Citibank CC via PayPal ₹1741 including forex charges)

Stage 3: DHL

DHL Shipping Started: Feb 1, 2013 11:11 AM PST
    DHL Shipment Reached BLR & Paperwork Submitted: Feb 4, 2013 6:20 AM IST

Stage 4: Bangalore Customs

This part of my life is called as "deadly wait" :( :fingers-crossed:
    DHL assisted me in all possible ways so there is nothing to be blamed on them here.

Tracking Info:
    9Df1MvH.png

Finally got physical inspection clearance yesterday night only. Phew! :rolleyes:

One shipment box = Nexus + Bumper = Total customs duty = ₹1051/- :highfive:
    The logic/rule of 16% accessory rate on whole shipment did not apply for me. My shipment box and phone box were open and inspected.
    So people who are in Bangalore and worried about ordering both phone and accessory in same Google Play order - sit back and relax! :cool:

Customs breakup:
    • Basic customs duty: 260.00
    • Counter vailing duty: 263.00
    • Storage charge: 120.00
    • Handling fee: 350.00
    • Service tax 12%: 56.40
    • Education Cess 2.00%: 1.13
    • Higher Education Cess 1.00%: 0.56
    Total: 1051.09 (paid to delivery guy)

Stage 5: Delivery

DHL processed for delivery early morning today.
    DHL delivered today at 3:15 PM Feb 9, 2013
    Box status: Opened for inspection
    Documents received: DHL customs invoice, Google Play packaging/delivery slip (not invoice)

Total cost incurred for Nexus & Official Bumper: 20300 + 1741 + 1051 = 23092 INR :good:

If you see the first few pages, you will know how hard it was for me to keep this thread open that was even closed by the moderator the first day i opened it.
    I thank all the posters for keeping this thread alive..
    I would also like to thank IllUMINATUz for this wonderful thread.
    Let us all continue the good work of sharing and helping others and increase our N4 user/fan base. :)

Hope the info shared here is useful for other buddies and don't forget to hit
    SPGLWI2.png
    if it helped. :)
    Any clarification or info needed guys, ask here or PM me anytime!
    Happy to help! [P.S.: Yeah, I just went and got a new microsim from nearby Vodafone store too :p]
    Hi guys

Two days back I posted that my Nexus 4 had fallen and its display was broken. Today I went to local lg service centre . They were very helpful and agreed to change the screen. I was surprised to hear that. They assured me that I was their 4th customer bringing a Nexus fur screen replacement. So I was happy to know that. Also the total cost will be 46oo rs.
    If you're from hyderabad looking for a screen replacement , you can go to

Bhagya communications
    Maheswari complex
    Masab tank
    Hyderabad.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2
    So finally my nexus 4 is here..​
    here are the details

Service Used : PPOBox.com

Ordered on 28th of November
    Delivered to my friend on December 31st

Then my friend had to ship it to ppobox so excluding the two day delay for my package to reach ppobox,

Wednesday, January 09, 2013 14:20 NEW YORK SHIPMENT RECEIVED IN US HUB
    Wednesday, January 09, 2013 20:20 NEW YORK SHIPMENT LEFT US HUB TO INDIA
    Wednesday, January 09, 2013 21:21 NEW YORK SHIPMENT IN TRANSIT TO INDIA
    Thursday, January 10, 2013 23:21 MUMBAI SHIPMENT REACHED INDIA
    Thursday, January 10, 2013 23:33 MUMBAI SHIPMENT UNDER CUSTOM CLEARANCE

Then Thursday Night got an email that i have to pay for shipping and custom clearance
    I paid it on January 11 around 1pm

Custom Office works only half day on Saturdays and it is a holiday on Sunday, I guess.

And then from here the tracking(on ppobox) still shows that shipment is under custom clearance :p
    but on Monday, January 14, 2013 @ 19:51
    i got a mail from ppobox that my package has been dispatched locally, I was also provided the bluedart tracking number.
    From then on, i had to track my package from bluedart website
    Then finally,

Tuesday, January 15, 2013 16:27 the phone was delivered to me :)
    and the seal was not broken :laugh:

The Cost breakup :

The Google Part

Shipping Status Quantity Item Price
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Estimated Ship:
    4-5 weeks 1 Nexus 4 (16GB) $349.00
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Shipping: $13.99
    Tax: $24.84
    Total: $387.83 = 21,211.86 INR

PPOBox Part

Total fees for shipment are below:

Item Actual Weight Including Volumetric: 600.0

ICC Shipping, Handling & Taxes: 618

Duty & Clearance Fees: Rs. 573

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Total Due: Rs. 1,191

Octroi Part

had to pay for Octroi aswell since I reside inside Maharashtra

Octroi: 953INR
    Service Charge: 100INR
    Total Payable: 1053INR

Grand Total

Google Part + PPOBox part + Octroi part =
    21,211.86 + 1191 + 1053 =

23,455.86INR (Inc Octroi) ( 22,402.86 Ex Octroi)

NOTE:: Since the phone was first shipped to North Carolina(NC) from where the phone was shipped by my friend to PPOBox in New York(NY), the tax was only 24USD in NC as against 32-34USD in New York(NY). However additional shipping cost was approx 10USD so in total (24+10 = 34USD)about the same of what it would have cost if the phone was directly shipped to ppobox

PPOBox Review:
    I have suggested many users to use PPOBox and would advice them again for the following reasons (as experienced by myself)

1: It is an ICC Worldwide subsidary - Read on google what it is, they have been in this particular shop and forward service around the world for more than 30 years.
    2: Top Notch custom clearance and packaging and local shipping(Blue Dart) - took exactly two days:48 hours(you should provide them with the bill) and the seal wasn't broken (unlike from other services like HSG etc where the package is delayed, Seal is broken, Phone is switched on many a times etc item marked wrongly as electronics attracting a fine upto 20pc etc via DHL or other- that is because the package aren't shipped under ICC Next Flight service.. so custom official open each and every package and what not). The phone box was inside a thick cardboard box with lots of styrofoam packaging peanuts
    3: You pay them the custom clearance fees and shipping once your package reaches India - This results in accurate(live market) currency conversion rates and no overcharging (unlike other services who charge you beforehand and obviously more than the actual amount.. i paid only 1191INR inc shipping and custom duty )
    4: They have a physical office in Andheri, Mumbai - That always gives a sense of assurance(Unlike other services who simply transfer all shipping work to the respective Courier offices and if, god forbid anything untowardly happens, you are left at the mercy of the courier company)
    5: They have an Indian customer Care landline phone number (022-4064 1090) - Do I even have to explain why that is beneficial? :D
    6: Excellent Customer Support: It is truly excellent! and i mean TRULY EXCELLENT(sorry for shouting :p). I could always reach the online support (online website chat and email correspondence - Divyank) during the usual 8 hour office timings 9am-5pm (some times even till 9pm). All my online chat queries were answered within minutes and my emails answered satisfactorily within 12 hours.

I would again strongly suggest and advice everyone to use ppobox.com. It is cheapest,safest,best and the most experienced service for USA-INDIA and UK-INDIA(back and forth)

phew,, hope this writeup is detailed enough :angel::)
    now it is time for me to get back to my Nexus 4 :D
    and by the way, here is my nexus 4
    620423_4730714620364_509970468_o.jpg
    Comparison

Here is a comparison of the total cost for a Nexus 4 16 GB through different forwarding services.

PPO Box

Nexus 4 16 GB - 395.21 USD ~ Rs 22600 (Incl NY Tax) (Read few posts saying some people were charged only 377.5 USD incl NY tax, in that case ~ Rs 21600 )
    Shipping for 2lbs - Rs 1000 (Insurance extra but can be insured only upto 200 USD)
    Duty - Rs 600

Total : Rs 24200 / Rs 23200

comGateway / HopShopGo

Nexus 4 16 GB - 362.99 USD ~ Rs 20750
    Shipping 1kg - 30 USD incl insurance, fuel surcharge etc ~ Rs 1700 (First kg free offer valid till Dec 31st - HopShopGo, if you can avail that offer even better!)
    Customs - Rs 1000 incl DHL handling fee

Total : Rs 23450

Borderlinx

Nexus 4 16 GB - 387.64 USD ~ Rs 22150 (Incl OH Tax)
    Shipping plus customs - 56.77 USD ~ Rs 3240 (Customs is prepaid and you need to pay the complete amount to Borderlinx along with the shipping cost and includes insurance)

Total : Rs 25390