[ROM][5.1.1] SlimLP ---HAMMERHEAD [BETA_0.5]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

fronti90

Mar 29, 2012
60d97b83d354d6c1d6afee38721cc7f6.jpg

About " Slim is Dead "

I put this Posting in the OP and change the Thread Titel so all can read it and i hope this stops the asking and the Questions.

We read in the last weeks many times questions, statements, about SlimRoms when it goes on or is Slim Dead.

To clear it.

We write in the last weeks many Times taht we have a lot of changes done, Team Intern , Personnel, software, hardware. These are all things that need time / have needed. Completed about 90% of the process.

People ask why nothing happens in the Gerrit.

We changed the whole system and you can find the Gerrit now here

you can see, we working hard on 5.1

People ask what happens with the Slim Homepage

You can finde the new HP here

please note, the HP is under construction and not finished.

You can be sure , SlimRoms is anything but just not dead,, many things need a lot of time, I would like and can no release date call for the next update, but I can say that it will not be long.

In this sense,
Greetings

Tylog ( Team SlimRoms )

SlimRoms is a custom android operating system. The main goal is to offer users a slimmed down but still feature rich alternative to other android operating systems.
The entire SlimTeam work together to bring you this tailor-made beauty straight from Android Open Source Project (AOSP) source code.
All of the sources can be publicly viewed through GitHub and you can stop by the public Gerrit to submit patches of any type.

Please Note
A few words about the current standing. It was Christmas , New-Year , Holiday Time. After this we had to do in the last few weeks some organizational, server relocation, team structures, and more. Most of it is done. Pending Weekly's are started I will every Sunday evening an Official Build upload. Start, Sunday 01-February. I Post the DL Links allways in the Thread and here in the OP.
Let's hope we can start Weeklys in 1-2 Weeks. Thats the plan.
Regards , Tylog

Weekly 17/02/2015
http://www.slimroms.net/

http://104.236.22.120/hammerhead/Slim-hammerhead-5.0.2.alpha.0.91-UNOFFICIAL-20150204-1957.zip

Download:[/B]
Alpha Build(s)

Google Apps / How to

our custom gapps and find downloads here.

Important links:

slimroms.net - The official webpage where you find everything you need to know about SlimRoms.

Installation instructions
- Follow these steps to the letter if you're about to install SlimRoms on your device.

Latest Changelog - Read here if you want information on changes in latest build.

Slim FAQ

Kernel Source - The source of your device's kernel.

SlimLP is currently in alpha / beta stage

Contact SlimRoms at these places if you have questions, requests or feedback.

Google+

Twitter

Facebook

Forum

Disclaimer: SlimRoms are not responsible for any damages to your device.
Downloads:
ROM Downloads
Gapps Downloads

SlimKat 4.4.4

New Gapps Thread

SlimKat Theme Engine

SlimKat is the project name for SlimRoms based on Android 4.4 and offers the following original features:
  • The Real Dark Slim
    • Full system-wide dark interfaces. - If you like it smooth and classy.
  • Custom Shortcuts. Everywhere.
    • Hardware keys, Navigation Ring, Navigation Bar, Lockscreen, Tiles, Notifications etc. - We've got you covered.
  • System-Wide Keyboard Controls
    • Rotation, cursor control, optional emoticions, etc. - You'll be tapping away to your heart's content.
  • SlimCenter
    • Downloads, contact information, system app removal. - More fun than you can shake a stick at.
  • Camera Features
    • Trueview, Smart Capture. - Capture life moments with ease.

Important links:

slimroms.net - The official webpage where you find everything you need to know about SlimRoms.

Downloads - Download the rom, gapps and other addons.

Installation instructions - Follow these steps to the letter if you're about to install SlimRoms on your device.

Latest Changelog - Read here if you want information on changes in latest build.

Slim FAQ

Get in touch! - Contact SlimRoms at these places if you have questions, requests or feedback.

Google+

Twitter

Facebook

Forum

XDA:DevDB Information
SlimLP, ROM for the Google Nexus 5

Contributors
fronti90, RobbieL811, Tylog, prbassplayer, Flinny
ROM OS Version: 5.0.x Lollipop

Version Information
Current Stable Version: 9.0
Current Beta Version: Alpha 9.1
Beta Release Date: 2014-12-22

Created 2014-05-19
Last Updated 2015-07-04

Last edited:

yellowdie

May 25, 2011
Orlando, FL
about.me
Perfect timing! I was just browsing Slim's website looking for this! Then I found the thread! Thanks!

Fronti, if you're the N5 maintainer, it's nice to meet you. I look forward to the many interactions that we'll have!
As always, take your time, perfect your craft, and we'll be patient for your awesome slimness.
:):D:laugh::good:

Last edited:

Audioboxer

Aug 24, 2010
About to flash, making a nandroid first and then I'll report back.

edit: After I wipe and flash the Nexus 5 just keeps booting into recovery :/ Going to assume it may be a TWR issue.
edit2: Fixed my issue by installing faux kernel on top. It seems the boot.img included in the ROM may be broken.

Last edited:
Reactions: fronti90

Higgsy

Oct 16, 2009
Smethvegas

edit: After I wipe and flash the Nexus 5 just keeps booting into recovery :/ Going to assume it may be a TWR issue.
edit2: Fixed my issue by installing faux kernel on top. It seems the boot.img included in the ROM may be broken.

Exact same issue here and exact same fix :thumbup:

Birba

Feb 27, 2006

You mean it keeps rebooting to bootloader? Mine rebooted to bootloader and flashing faux fixed it. Thanks

fronti90

Mar 29, 2012
thanks for your input guys! I'll take another look at the kernel. About the data issues...is only data borked and you are able to make calls/send texts or signal in general?

Reactions: EQ811977

shr33kant

Nov 3, 2010
Sounds like the issue that was on the N4 when we all lost baseband when TWRP was on v 2.6.0.0. Is there another recovery you can use?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    60d97b83d354d6c1d6afee38721cc7f6.jpg

About " Slim is Dead "

I put this Posting in the OP and change the Thread Titel so all can read it and i hope this stops the asking and the Questions.

We read in the last weeks many times questions, statements, about SlimRoms when it goes on or is Slim Dead.

To clear it.

We write in the last weeks many Times taht we have a lot of changes done, Team Intern , Personnel, software, hardware. These are all things that need time / have needed. Completed about 90% of the process.

You can be sure , SlimRoms is anything but just not dead,, many things need a lot of time, I would like and can no release date call for the next update, but I can say that it will not be long.

In this sense,
    Greetings

Tylog ( Team SlimRoms )

SlimRoms is a custom android operating system. The main goal is to offer users a slimmed down but still feature rich alternative to other android operating systems.
    The entire SlimTeam work together to bring you this tailor-made beauty straight from Android Open Source Project (AOSP) source code.
    All of the sources can be publicly viewed through GitHub and you can stop by the public Gerrit to submit patches of any type.

Please Note
    A few words about the current standing. It was Christmas , New-Year , Holiday Time. After this we had to do in the last few weeks some organizational, server relocation, team structures, and more. Most of it is done. Pending Weekly's are started I will every Sunday evening an Official Build upload. Start, Sunday 01-February. I Post the DL Links allways in the Thread and here in the OP.
    Let's hope we can start Weeklys in 1-2 Weeks. Thats the plan.
    Regards , Tylog

Weekly 17/02/2015
    http://www.slimroms.net/

http://104.236.22.120/hammerhead/Slim-hammerhead-5.0.2.alpha.0.91-UNOFFICIAL-20150204-1957.zip

Download:[/B]
    Alpha Build(s)

Google Apps / How to

our custom gapps and find downloads here.

Important links:

Installation instructions
    - Follow these steps to the letter if you're about to install SlimRoms on your device.

Slim FAQ

SlimLP is currently in alpha / beta stage

Contact SlimRoms at these places if you have questions, requests or feedback.

Google+

Twitter

Facebook

Forum

Downloads:
    ROM Downloads
    Gapps Downloads

SlimKat 4.4.4

New Gapps Thread

SlimKat Theme Engine

SlimKat is the project name for SlimRoms based on Android 4.4 and offers the following original features:
    • The Real Dark Slim
      • Full system-wide dark interfaces. - If you like it smooth and classy.
    • Custom Shortcuts. Everywhere.
      • Hardware keys, Navigation Ring, Navigation Bar, Lockscreen, Tiles, Notifications etc. - We've got you covered.
    • System-Wide Keyboard Controls
      • Rotation, cursor control, optional emoticions, etc. - You'll be tapping away to your heart's content.
    • SlimCenter
      • Downloads, contact information, system app removal. - More fun than you can shake a stick at.
    • Camera Features
      • Trueview, Smart Capture. - Capture life moments with ease.

Important links:

Downloads - Download the rom, gapps and other addons.

Installation instructions - Follow these steps to the letter if you're about to install SlimRoms on your device.

Slim FAQ

Get in touch! - Contact SlimRoms at these places if you have questions, requests or feedback.

Google+

Twitter

Facebook

Forum

XDA:DevDB Information
    SlimLP, ROM for the Google Nexus 5

Contributors
    fronti90, RobbieL811, Tylog, prbassplayer, Flinny
    ROM OS Version: 5.0.x Lollipop

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 9.0
    Current Beta Version: Alpha 9.1
    Beta Release Date: 2014-12-22

Created 2014-05-19
    Last Updated 2015-07-04
    Official Statement
    Theme Engine

Due that last months a lot discussions were going on about the "Theme Engine" we want to do a short official statement.

1. Do not worry, we are still investigating the Theme Engine and it may will come.

2. There are some points we still need to figure out.

- The future rolle of TRDS which does not make sense in its current state to combine with the Theme Engine

- We differe a lot from the mainstream custom roms. Hence we have a lot differences on graphics, color redirects etc. etc. We need to decide if we go more mainstream and follow it to have theme compatibility to CM themes or if we strictly say: only Slim themes

- In addition to that we need to revisit all our color options. Are they still usefull? Should we remove or adapt them?

3. We support a lot older devices. Current theme engine solutions are still heavy in using resources. We need and want to resolve that.

4. New android version is shortly before official release. It is clear now that the changes are that huge that you will see for a while on no custom rom a theme engine till it is adapted to the new aosp release. Of course we currently investigate if it makes sense in this short time to develop further although we know that most will be obsolete in 2 months.

5. And last and most important point. You all know that quality is a very high aspect of our work. That we only want to release features which are working, future proof and bug free, even if it needs a bit longer to release it. This counts for theme engine as well.

6. Please respect we are not PA, CM or one of the thousand mainstream kanger roms. SlimRoms is SlimRoms and will stay to their politics and workflow. Theme engine is not gone. But we have other ideas for it and want to full fill all the above points to get for our users the best experience possible.

Thanks for your attention.

SlimRoms Team.
    Hey guys

So after long time offline and sitting one month on 4.8 version with 800h uptime I needed to reboot and update lmao

First of all I feel better especially health wise. Thanks for the support. Was not able to be online last month....sorry for that. Whatever now I have new and enough power to manage the other problems in life.

Whatever.....Josue and Anthony already started this week to merge 4.4.3...great job!!! :) yesterday I had a bit time and started a 12h coding marathon :D result is that hammerhead is fully 4.4.3 now and buildable from source. Aside that I added some fixes on top on kernel, frameworks base and dialer to fix some old minor issues.

For the ppl who want to follow what codewise happened do not check gerrit...you need to look on github. With big merges like this most goes bypass so you do not see it in gerrit. So check the first three repo pages :D

I published an hour ago an unofficial build on SlimROMs.net. dirty flash worked here. As usual if you have strange bugs do a clean flash.

Known issues are:
    - Dialer colors if trds is enabled are off.
    - fingerprint need to be updated (well that is just cosmetic in build.prop and does not effect anything)

That's it...all other seems to work very well. The notification led problem is fixed as well (I saw the report here last night)

So busy day today .... I will end my post....the team will now work on the other devices

Thanks and have fun and cheers

Kufi

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    7c597f29142d0f83976cd25aac8a9e4d.jpg

e6297bc011f9ad04ce58ba61aed919b4.jpg

;)

---------- Post added at 01:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:03 AM ----------

BTW sorry for the delay of new build....wanted to fix and merge a lot background code we need for all features. Last 2 days we merged 10k lines pur slim code to have the base for features like this.

So stay tuned...tomorrow will be a new build with exciting new stuff for lp ;)
    About " Slim is Dead "

To clear it.

https://review.slimroms.eu/#/q/status:open

http://slimroms.eu/

In this sense,
    Greetings

Tylog ( Team SlimRoms )