[Q] Unable to boot into recovery - Secure booting error?

Search This thread

thatbadboy

Nov 5, 2013
I got my G2 D802 (International model) about 4 weeks ago, and rooted it almost immediately. It has been working great so far, but today I decided to try the latest CM nightly - and that's where I have hit a stumbling block.

I tried first by installing ROM Manager (5.5.3.0, latest version at the time I am writing). Under Recovery Setup, I found that I supposedly had already installed both ClockwordMod Recovery and TWRP. I honestly don't recall installing either one, but the options were available. I tried to "Reboot into Recovery" first with CWM, then with TWRP - both times, after the initial LG logo, I was greeted by the broken android with the red triangle. I also tried to reinstall CWM by choosing the corresponding option "Install or Update Recovery"), but the result was always the same. Each time, I was able to restart the phone, which is still working fine.

I then decided to flash a new CWM. I downloaded CWM Touch, then used Flashify to flash the new image and reboot the phone. This time, the boot process stopped after the LG logo appeared, but an error appeared right above it. I repeated the process two more times (once with CWM Touch and once with the default CWM), and the message that I read was something like:

Code:
Secure booting error
Error: Boot Certification Verify!

At this point, I am wondering if the problem might be a locked bootloader, or if it might be something else altogether. Could someone please point me in the right direction? I am not exactly a noob, as I used to root and flash my Nexus devices in the past. After a couple of years using Asus Padfones, however, I am a little rusty.

Reactions: Technosquid

thatbadboy

Nov 5, 2013
I have the exact same problem, I installed CWM using rom manager after rooting the phone.

---------- Post added at 08:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:50 AM ----------

FIXED - Just use this method - http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2500441

Just installed CWM Touch using this method, took me less than 2 minutes... works perfect.:good::good:

I just got around to trying what you suggested... it worked perfectly. Thanks! :cool:

janukpalm

Dec 28, 2009
can you boot in to syste m , i have the same problem , do you know any way to fix it

can you boot in to syste m , i have the same problem , do you know any way to fix it i also cant boot in to system , . .

kuyankee

Jan 11, 2011
Clinton, MA
not working in lg g 2 (d802)...

I was having the same issue. I found this nice link that worked like a charm and is VERY easy. If you're rooted, just download the appropriate apk for your device and it will install twrp. I was driving myself crazy earlier trying to fix this and then I find this app AutoRec... Genius!

http://www.droidviews.com/install-twrp-recovery-on-lg-g2-running-android-4-4-2-kitkat/

Hope this helps everybody who's just as frustrated as I was.

Last edited:

underscorenorm

Mar 20, 2013
Indianapolis
Reactions: ep2610 and severly

akshouse

Mar 10, 2016
Hey, this is a long-shot but,
I ended up using the AutoRec KitKat app for the D803 variant and go custom recovery to work that way which let me instal my rom. But the rom I got is acting glitchy and I can't install another one or re-install it since I'm getting this recovery error again and the lolipop version of the AutoRec app isn't for D803.

Any suggestions?? The rom I have seems to switch network type automatically/having a network glitch so I'm disconnecting every couple minutes.

raptorddd

Jun 13, 2013
culiacan
for security boot error, and QHUSB_BULK and many drives showing up. i just used download mode and used flash tools to go back to stock..

LinkN2601

Jun 26, 2016
An Easy Fix

Here's what worked for me:
-Like all of you I would get the secure boot error. To fix it I decided to reinstall the software from the official LG app on PC (Windows) and it worked!

-You need:
Official LG app on PC
The ability to enter download mode on your phone
A cable to connect the phone to the PC

How to do it:
-Turn of the phone completely, the enter download mode by holding the vol+ button and the inserting the USB cable before it reaches the LG logo (it's precise timing so it may take a few tries). If you did everything right you should get a message saying entering dowload mode and see a screen in which there is a USB logo and progress bar and some other writing. On your PC go to the LG app and it will offer you the latest software update. Do the update. It will download the software the upload it to your phone and after installation it will power on and voila your phone is alive and there is no data loss at all :D

-I hope this works for all who have this problem and since this is my first reply/post ever I hope it's useful. :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    not working in lg g 2 (d802)...

I was having the same issue. I found this nice link that worked like a charm and is VERY easy. If you're rooted, just download the appropriate apk for your device and it will install twrp. I was driving myself crazy earlier trying to fix this and then I find this app AutoRec... Genius!

http://www.droidviews.com/install-twrp-recovery-on-lg-g2-running-android-4-4-2-kitkat/

Hope this helps everybody who's just as frustrated as I was.
    I have the exact same problem, I installed CWM using rom manager after rooting the phone.

---------- Post added at 08:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:50 AM ----------

FIXED - Just use this method - http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2500441

Just installed CWM Touch using this method, took me less than 2 minutes... works perfect.:good::good:
    I had this issue too.

I had this issue too:

Every time I tried to boot into recovery I got the error from OP. Every time i ran the loki script i got some error about reading aboot. Mind you I could still boot, I just couldn't get into recovery.

I went to this page, downloaded the apk, installed it and let it do the rest.

I got my G2 D802 (International model) about 4 weeks ago, and rooted it almost immediately. It has been working great so far, but today I decided to try the latest CM nightly - and that's where I have hit a stumbling block.

I tried first by installing ROM Manager (5.5.3.0, latest version at the time I am writing). Under Recovery Setup, I found that I supposedly had already installed both ClockwordMod Recovery and TWRP. I honestly don't recall installing either one, but the options were available. I tried to "Reboot into Recovery" first with CWM, then with TWRP - both times, after the initial LG logo, I was greeted by the broken android with the red triangle. I also tried to reinstall CWM by choosing the corresponding option "Install or Update Recovery"), but the result was always the same. Each time, I was able to restart the phone, which is still working fine.

I then decided to flash a new CWM. I downloaded CWM Touch, then used Flashify to flash the new image and reboot the phone. This time, the boot process stopped after the LG logo appeared, but an error appeared right above it. I repeated the process two more times (once with CWM Touch and once with the default CWM), and the message that I read was something like:

Code:
    Secure booting error
    Error: Boot Certification Verify!

At this point, I am wondering if the problem might be a locked bootloader, or if it might be something else altogether. Could someone please point me in the right direction? I am not exactly a noob, as I used to root and flash my Nexus devices in the past. After a couple of years using Asus Padfones, however, I am a little rusty.
    Someone should really write to lg about unlocking the bootloader.

Sent from my LG-D802 using xda app-developers app