[KERNEL][SAMSUNG 4.3][01/22]SpeedWizz_N2[BETA][OC-UV]

Search This thread

Minerael

Dec 15, 2012
Warsaw
Does this kernel can be used only with samsung official roms?
if so, are you planing to do an aosp version? I would love to try it out but I hate touchwizz, running cyanogenmod pretty much all the time ;)

greetings from Poland!

Reactions: umberto1978

umberto1978

Sep 9, 2011
Huawei Mate 10
OnePlus 8 Pro
Does this kernel can be used only with samsung official roms?
if so, are you planing to do an aosp version? I would love to try it out but I hate touchwizz, running cyanogenmod pretty much all the time ;)

greetings from Poland!

This is planned for the near future.

Off topic: I respect your point of view and i love cyanoven or aosp too: but i think that note devices give their optimum features state with samsung rom.... aosp is missing too many things, by my point of view.

Inviato dal mio GT-N7100 con Tapatalk now Free

umberto1978

Sep 9, 2011
Huawei Mate 10
OnePlus 8 Pro
Sorry for double post.
https://db.tt/I2SOJMQa
Here you can test a beta version of the kernel.
There is not a changelog but to track the difference between this and the previously released image just check github.
Slide2wake is ported from siyah for s3 kernel (credits go to gokhanmoral) and is obviously adapted to our hardware (as long as note 2 uses a different touch panel).
The feature is working but if device enter deep sleep this stop working (you need to swipe 8 or more times to wake the screen).
To manage this you can use trickstermod.
I will not release until the feature is not working well.
Enjoy.

Minerael

Dec 15, 2012
Warsaw
Thank you, will take a look at beta and if course will be waiting for fully working one :)

Off topic:
Well, you may be right however in my case, I've bought note 2 only because of the screen and 2 gb of ram, what's more i don't really use samsung features, excluding spen gestures which i have on cyan as well :p
I don't like stock Samsungs rom because it's slow, full of useless things, which can of course be deleted with little help of root but still. Lastly, i don't like the look of touchwizz, it's just ugly haha.
Anyway, Thanks for your responses, good luck in further developing! :)

Wysłane z mojego GT-N7100 przy użyciu Tapatalk

Last edited:

frezd

Dec 27, 2007
PARIS
Thanks a lot. Perfectly working.

Waiting for the v3? official release. We do use your kernel ! :) The best for me now combined with viper4android and some tweaks elsewhere...Perfect combination !

Cheers,

--------------

Very strange. Anyway i will provide asap and attach the standalone apk here.
Kernel check at boot if the app is present either in system and data: you are saying that it never installed this application before, from the first install? Or have you removed in some strange way? Just curious to know what is the issue....

Reactions: umberto1978

myaslioglu

Nov 20, 2012
Istanbul
I am now on 4.3 leak. I was using your kernel and very happy with it.. there aint no official or unofficial source for 4.3 is there? I would be happy to use this kernel again

Sent from my GT-N7100 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

D

Deleted member 308374

Pretty silent in here! ;)
Just a little note: Android logger is enabled in my configuration, but it seems to have some little glitch, an app called light manager, which uses it to change led color according to the app which is giving a notification (ex blue led for facebook, green for SMS and email... ) doesn't work on speedwizz kernel and shows only blue led for each app. I experienced this issue once before,i think on Perseus kernel, and it was due to my error, since I disabled Android logger.now on speedwizz I enabled it but I am having the same issue, hence I think there might be some bug with it..
Can't wait to see what goodies will come with new version ;)
Cheers!

Note 2 N7100 - Alliance ROM - SpeedWizz kernel

8thphloor

Oct 8, 2012
Just a little note: Android logger is enabled in my configuration, but it seems to have some little glitch, an app called light manager, which uses it to change led color according to the app which is giving a notification (ex blue led for facebook, green for SMS and email... ) doesn't work on speedwizz kernel and shows only blue led for each app. I experienced this issue once before,i think on Perseus kernel, and it was due to my error, since I disabled Android logger.now on speedwizz I enabled it but I am having the same issue, hence I think there might be some bug with it..
Cheers!

Here on latest speedwizz release light manager works without any kind of issues (it shows the right colors) with android logger disabled and also if i enable it. So it's not a logger problem nor kernel related issue/bug.

D

Deleted member 308374

Here on latest speedwizz release light manager works without any kind of issues (it shows the right colors) with android logger disabled and also if i enable it. So it's not a logger problem nor kernel related issue/bug.

That's strange since light manager relies explicitly on Android logger to manage led events... Moreover, it was alright with previous kernel version, now I only see blue notification and none of the colors I set up are respected..

umberto1978

Sep 9, 2011
Huawei Mate 10
OnePlus 8 Pro
Cheers!

There will not be any new version. Development is stopped because I don't have this device anymore.
Despite my git hub is updated with the latest changes I had to include...I don't really know if I can release a new version (very busy for the next weeks).
Very sorry. But I don't want to play with a device that seems to me like a walking dead....
I really hope that Samsung will left aside those stupid things from official updates in the future.
See you soon brothers. And thank you for giving a try to my project.

stam91

Aug 18, 2010
Tashkent
Oh, nooo! The only kernel with incredible performance and battery savior) Frustrating, wishing you good luck and thanks for tasting this nice project. Btw, if you don't bother, please, send me name of the best kernel you recommend to use in exchange to SpeedWizz via PM. Thanks again!

umberto1978

Sep 9, 2011
Huawei Mate 10
OnePlus 8 Pro
Oh, nooo! The only kernel with incredible performance and battery savior) Frustrating, wishing you good luck and thanks for tasting this nice project. Btw, if you don't bother, please, send me name of the best kernel you recommend to use in exchange to SpeedWizz via PM. Thanks again!

If i ever had the chance to find the best kernel for my person do you think I could ever had the need to start myself a project?
Go, and try to figure out what fits better your need.

RobbyRobbb

Aug 17, 2012
Well damn it. This kernel makes the pen unusable. Is it really that difficult to add such information to the topic header? This is the Note II after all and people deserve to know before they flash.

Now i have to figure out how to get the stock kernel back. But before that i might as well ask; how am i supposed to configure this kernel anyway? Do i even need to configure it or does it activate good settings automatically? The SpeedWizz app has a lot of options that i doubt anyone who isn't a developer knows what to do with. Would be nice with a guide on how to actually configure this.

8thphloor

Oct 8, 2012
Well damn it. This kernel makes the pen unusable. Is it really that difficult to add such information to the topic header? This is the Note II after all and people deserve to know before they flash.

Now i have to figure out how to get the stock kernel back. But before that i might as well ask; how am i supposed to configure this kernel anyway? Do i even need to configure it or does it activate good settings automatically? The SpeedWizz app has a lot of options that i doubt anyone who isn't a developer knows what to do with. Would be nice with a guide on how to actually configure this.

There aren't info about pen because there aren't knowed problems with pen and this kernel. This kernel rocks and the speedwizz app is so easy, complete and confortable to set up. Maybe, if you feel unconfortable with the option that dev gave to us, you need to improve your basics skills on android world before posting as you made without respect for the dev's great work.

Easy man! ;)

RobbyRobbb

Aug 17, 2012
There aren't info about pen because there aren't knowed problems with pen and this kernel. This kernel rocks and the speedwizz app is so easy, complete and confortable to set up. Maybe, if you feel unconfortable with the option that dev gave to us, you need to improve your basics skills on android world before posting as you made without respect for the dev's great work.

Easy man! ;)

The option that the dev gave us wasn't supposed to include breaking s-pen. When you get a hair in your soup at a restaurant it doesn't matter if it's the best soup in the best restaurant in the world. You're still disgusted.

When a person flashes a kernel for which every announced feature does work except one (the pen in this case), which there isn't a single mentioning of in the OP, it's common practice to assume that this feature isn't supported rather than you having the bad luck of that ONE feature for some reason not working on your completely stock phone. That just doesn't happen. That's how the world works, "man".

With that said, since the pen doesn't work for me having flashed this kernel over a 4.1.2 stock Samsung rom, when the pen does work with other kernels, something is clearly lacking with this kernel. As much as i appreciate people working hard to make the products of others run better, i can't really enjoy a kernel that disables a feature that to me is majorly important unless the developer helps me analyze and fix the problem. If not i'll simply have to stay with another kernel with respect and appreciation replaced by frustration and disappointment when thinking of this kernel, don't i?

Easy yourself.

Last edited:

umberto1978

Sep 9, 2011
Huawei Mate 10
OnePlus 8 Pro

The option that the dev gave us wasn't supposed to include breaking s-pen. When you get a hair in your soup at a restaurant it doesn't matter if it's the best soup in the best restaurant in the world. You're still disgusted.

When a person flashes a kernel for which every announced feature does work except one (the pen in this case), which there isn't a single mentioning of in the OP, it's common practice to assume that this feature isn't supported rather than you having the bad luck of that ONE feature for some reason not working on your completely stock phone. That just doesn't happen. That's how the world works, "man".

With that said, since the pen doesn't work for me having flashed this kernel over a 4.1.2 stock Samsung rom, when the pen does work with other kernels, something is clearly lacking with this kernel. As much as i appreciate people working hard to make the products of others run better, i can't really enjoy a kernel that disables a feature that to me is majorly important unless the developer helps me analyze and fix the problem. If not i'll simply have to stay with another kernel with respect and appreciation replaced by frustration and disappointment when thinking of this kernel, don't i?

Easy yourself.

The reason why you don't see any advice related to s-pen functionality is, as stated by some one else before, BECAUSE there is NOT any issue with s-pen, or at least no one (including me) has noticed nothing like this. Also i didn't broken intentionally nothing related to s-pen.
All phones are not equal and maybe something is wrong with your hardware and code included in my kernel...but i don't think it's really this the problem...too easy and superficial explanation.
Since this is a free of charge project, let me say this, all is possible: errors, mistakes...i am a human that is sharing something with a community. For this reason i can say that you entered this thread with the wrong key: your claim (you pretend explanations like a "ready dish" and pretend an advice for something that you have discovered for the really first time) shows that you are acting like a noob.
Anyway i don't own this device anymore (selled it also because of people like you :p :p ) and this thread will be closed soon (under my request) and please leave this thread and go switch to any other kernel.
But if you want a suggestion: change your attitude, mate. This is a community, not a market. You can't pretend NOTHING.
And if you can't enjoy this kernel....well i DGAF. Keep in mind.

Easy, very easy to understand :good:

Last edited:

RobbyRobbb

Aug 17, 2012
And if you can't enjoy this kernel....well i DGAF. Keep in mind.
Easy, very easy to understand.

Oh i will keep that in mind. Your goal is indeed very easy to understand. Admitting your true spirits and lack of interest is an important part of helping the community too; it makes it easy for people with high standards to know who's projects to avoid in the future. :good:

As you've revealed yourself to be such a hypocrite in the regard of providing for the community, i have a suggestion for you too: don't loose your professionalism over negative feedback. It smittens the aura of your products as well as your own. People won't remember my input, but they certainly will remember yours.

Now that we both have given each other valuable suggestions (some more valuable than others) to carry with us over our continued journey on this road we call community, i wish for the best of luck with your future endeavors in this, to some, most enigmatic realm of supply and demand.

Peace out, Seacrest.

umberto1978

Sep 9, 2011
Huawei Mate 10
OnePlus 8 Pro
Oh i will keep that in mind. Your goal is indeed very easy to understand. Admitting your true spirits and lack of interest is an important part of helping the community too; it makes it easy for people with high standards to know who's projects to avoid in the future. :good:

As you've revealed yourself to be such a hypocrite in the regard of providing for the community, i have a suggestion for you too: don't loose your professionalism over negative feedback. It smittens the aura of your products as well as your own. People won't remember my input, but they certainly will remember yours...........................................................

I am not afraid of negative criticism (had many every day and they help me to understand meny things, even they help me to get better on what i do), as well as your's is not a negative criticism but only a non sense advice.

Do you want to know the right way to expose an issue? Right...here you go.

Normal User: "Hi. Anyone with an issue with s-pen?"

NON-normal user: "Why don't you advice in OP that s-pen doesn't work with your kernel?"

There's a huge difference between the two kind of statement.

The first one introduce an issue for the first time, causing on developer the interest on investigate on what is causing the issue, if possible.

The second one introduce a sense of arrogance and a sense of claim that cause on developer anger and frustration due to the fact of having to deal with people like you.

Hope you understand my message and change your way of seeing things.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    onlinelogomaker-090313-1938.png

This kernel is the result of a study aimed at achieving a balance between performance, efficiency in resource consumption and stability of use.
    In any case I do not have the presumption to say that I reached the goal, for two reasons: it is still a project work - in - progress and secondly keep in mind that I am simply a person with a minimum of experience that attempts to understand how does a linux kernel and above all trying to figure out what are the implications of the introduction of a change compared to another.

The latest builds from are intended to use with any Samsung JellyBean 4.3 rom (stock or custom), so please see full details on download section in this post to avoid confusion, thanks.

Here is the complete features set at the actual date build,

- ONLY for Samsung 4.3 JB rom

- Based on latest kernel sources from OSRC n7100-update3

- Linux kernel version 3.0.101

- LZMA compression for zImage and initrd.img

- CPU Boost driver

- Gentle Fair Sleepers disabled from kernel code

- SELinux state is disabled
    WARNING: in case you want to switch to a different kernel that lead to SELinux permissive or enforcing mode you MUST reflash your rom entirely and then flash a different kernel. SELinux needs to boot on a labeled system: until you run a disabled selinux kernel labeling is NOT present and system will refuse to work unless you perform a labeling again.
    Be aware.

- Ported almost all the features from old 4.1.2 kernel:

1. Overclock up to 1920 mhz
    2. Undervolt
    3. GPU control - undervolt and overclock
    4. Many optimizations
    5. Fade led notification
    6. TouchWake with slide2wake feature (timeout 0)
    7. zzmoove, pegasusQ, LulzactiveQ and others governors
    8. Sio, row, zen, cfq, deadline (tweaked) and noop schedulers
    9. Proportional rate reduction for TCP congestion
    10. Disabled many logs
    11. Android logger as module
    12. Frandom built-in
    13. Dynamic file system synch
    14. Boeffla sound engine
    15. Zipallign optional feature
    15. Post-init tweaks
    16. Init.d full support with busybox run parts

- Rewritten all the scripts to use SpeedWizz Manager app to configure almost every feature of the kernel, enjoy!

Known issues:

- Touchwake, especially the slide2wake feature, is not working properly: sometimes device maybe un-responsive

TO DO: Add a proper custom bootanimation support and increase kernel stability.

SpeedWizz kernel 01/22

Changelogs from version 01/17

- More workaround to gain stability and exactly:
    - input: evdev: Move wake_lock_destroy call
    - ext4: prevent kernel panic in case of uninitialized jinode
    - updated toolchain to 4.7.4 (target linux kernel 3.0.101, the actual kernel state)

- Boeffla-Sound: Engine 1.6.5

- mmc: disable crc for better performance

- Added some script to handle GPU threshold (psndna88 for inspiration)

- When flashing zip version from recovery you will get a backup of init.d folder BEFORE this will get erased, directly on your internal sd card.

DOWNLOADS

INSTALLATION​

Download kernel as zip archive and put in recovery. Reboot in recovery and wipe your cache. If you are switching trough kernel compiled with different toolchain a wipe dalvik-cache is also suggested. Flash kernel and reboot.

If you are using Odin (mobile or desktop) than download kernel as TAR archive. Reboot in recovery once time to wipe cache and (optional) dalvik-cache. Turn yor phone off and rebbot in download mode. Attach usb port to a PC (make sure you have installed proper drivers) and open Odin program as administrator: connect phone to usb cable and wait for communication port initializing. Now select from PDA tab the TAR file with the kernel and click on start. Wait for the process until it ends and when your phone reboot de-tach usb cable. Enjoy!

HOW TO USE​

To configure kernel parameters you can use SpeedWizz Manager inlcuded application. This app is based on the original script manager written by HMCarbide (thanks for let me use).
    After flashing the kernel in /res/scripts (on the root of the ramdisk) will be stored many scripts that, when selected using the app, will be loaded in init.d folder and will be executed instantly. For each option selected corresponds a script. This is a work in progress, and in future will be added many more option to let configure the kernel for almost all the supported features.

NOTE1: The options selected will be operational ALSO at each reboot. If you accidentally have enabled some weird option (too many low voltages for example) to make your device boot properly you may need to reset the init.d folder and remove all scripts from here. JUST reflash the kernel using RECOVERY: in updater-script there is a command that will remove totally init.d folder and his contents.
    At next boot, kernel will create a new folder.

NOTE2: To enable logcat just run speedwizz manager application and hit the check box related. Reboot and use logcat normally. To disable open application and deselect that option: at next boot logcat is disabled (this is the default setting).

NOTE3: Kernel comes with autoroot. So if you don't care of counter increments you can flash this on top of a stock rom to obtain root and busybox. On the other side, if your phone is already rooted or have busybox or both, the root process is bypassed leaving untouched the situation.
    To disable root (for example to use SkyGo application or similar) just create an empty file called
    Code:
    noroot
    in your sdcard and reboot. At next boot kernel will remove root feature TOTALLY. To re-enable root just delete this file (of course you can use stock file manager to do this, no root needed :p ) and reboot again.
    This feature is currently unavailable

CREDITS​

The speedwizz kernel includes many patches from other experienced developers. Keep in mind that ALL commits in my github are already credited in detailed and proper way.
    Anyway here is a list of people that i would to thank for their awesome work.

- AndreiLux (for gpucontrols, SDS and exynos exploit fixes)
    - DerTeufel1980 (GPU interface on OSRC Update 3 and many fixes)
    - GokhanMoral (for PegasusQ governor tweaks and other patches)
    - Simone201 (main linux version updating, several patches and boeffla sound control)
    - Hardcore (speedmod S3 patches used for my initial kernel releases)
    - ptmr3 (for Overclock interface)
    - psndna88 (many patches here and there)
    - Googy_anas (some ideas and patches)
    - AndiP (Boeffla sound mod and application)
    - Angelom (my favourite developer)
    - Faux123 (dynamic fsynch and many patches)
    - FranciscoFranco (main linux kernel patches updates)
    - Netharchy (Gpu control)
    - Wanam (undervolt interfaces)
    - Sakuramilk (for custom boot logo inspiration)
    - Pluccio (Tester)
    - loudness79 (tester)
    - Acr101 (for suggestions across kernel testing and governor tweaks)
    - HMCarbide (for his awesome script manager application
    - Stratosk (for his customization scripts)
    - Sarcastillo (many patches and ideas)
    - Chainfire (Superuser and for being God of root)
    - Nazar78 (for bootanimation support)

A special thanks to my voyage companions of the Blue Oyster Team
    - Giuros77
    - Janobifronte
    - Crisgen
    - Picciotto

Reminder: You can find all credited developers directly on kernel page and in my github. If i forgotten anyone please advise me

SpeedWizz Kernel is powered by Blue Oyster Team

e9k6.jpg

XDA:DevDB Information
    SpeedWizz N2 , a Kernel for the Samsung Galaxy Note II

Contributors
    umberto1978, simone201,AndiP,AndreiLux,DerTeufel1980, GokhanMoral,Hardcore, psndna88, ptmr3,Googy_anas,Angelom,Faux123,FranciscoFranco,Netharchy,Wanam,Sakuramilk,Pluccio,loudness79,Acr101,HMCarbide,Stratosk,Sarcastillo,Chainfire,Nazar78
    Kernel Special Features: Support only for samsung based roms, custom boot animation support, HardFloat and NEON support, ARM specific CPU topology, Overclock, Undervolt, GPU control, EXFAT, Linaro toolchain 4.7.4, Custom Boot Logo.

Version Information
    Beta Release Date: 2014-01-22

Created 2013-09-24
    Last Updated 2014-01-27
    Reserved

old changes log

SpeedWizz kernel 09/30

Changelogs from version 09/24

- tmpfs: fix mempolicy object leaks
    Patched mm/shmem.c to avoid several memory leaks caused by mpol allocated memory, errors parsing remount options will leaked mpol and multiple mpol per mount leak mpol. Credits as per related commit. Follow the link on description.

- mach-exynos: cpuidle-exynos4: set logging default to disabled
    Trying a proper way to optimize kernel resources usage. From gokhan moral source tree.

- power: reduce regulator initializations to regulator minima
    With this modification we now use more undervolt (less voltage level) for Gpu and running stable.
    Before applying this patch, I can't use even -25 Mv. Now i can reach *a stable -75 Mv without crash neither graphics glitches.
    Anyway, at the moment, *the undervolt scripts in ramdisk are the same of the previous release.

- cpupower: update the cpu_power according to cpu load
    When the lowest frequencies are used, we are in a light load use case and we increase the cpu capacity to keep these light tasks on CPU0. This patch was originally used by AndreiLux in his Perseus, and i think it could be implemented to reach a better balance between performances and battery life.

- Correctly applied the screen sharpness to our hardware

- Moving boot partitions to probe
    This should grant Triangle Away support, need to be tested by others than me.

- Added fast charge - thanks Yank555-lu
    With this modification we now should, i repeat SHOULD, be able to use the same power output for both A/C and USB charging case. And also we should be able to set our custom power level for both.
    Default is disabled, you can use speedwizz manager to set things as desired.*
    PLEASE IGNORE THE OUTPUT PRINTED BY TRICKSTERMOD, i will investigate why it show an ENABLED message despite the real state of the sysfs interface.
    Also you should know that for your safety i deliberately omitted the option to enable FAILSAFE: It can be used to *allow anything up to 2.1A to be used as AC / USB custom current. The sysfs interface is there but there isn't a script to manage this option because i think it's too dangerous for your data. Use it at your own risk.

- Linux 3.0.74

- RAMDISK: Corrected almost all scripts to let show the coerent increasing order as per choice.

- RAMDISK: fixed the scripts for sched_mc_pwersavings, now will echoes the correct values.

- RAMDISK: simplified the GPU overclock scripts removing the frequencies steps from description choiche menu (i noticed overlapp between values). Now you will see only Low, Medium, High, High+, High++.*

- RAMDISK: Added the related scripts for all the new features.

- RAMDISK: Made the Zipallign feature as optional. Use the speedwizz manager to manage the feature.

- RAMDISK: removed the option for manage the gentle_fair_sleepers, as this debug feature is totally removed since 24/09 release, sorry for the inconvenience.

speedwizz kernel 09/24

changelogs from version 09/17

- enabled hardfloat and neon kernel support
    we have an arm v7 architecture machine, so i think it's better to unleash his power, to gain optimum performances;

- sched/nohz: Rewrite, fix and add more accurate load-avg computation

- updated linaro toolchain to 4.7.4.

- enabled veno tcp congestion and set as default. Now you have three kind: Veno, reno and cubic.

- linux 3.0.70

- rwsem: Tons of optimizations. Read/write semaphores are very important in linux kernel and give those the correct attention can give best overall performance. To gain more details on what i introduced (patches are from other developers) give a sneakpeak to my github.

- lib/memcopy: Use glibc version.
    Glibc of linux memcpy and memmove are way better than the standard one. Pure efficience.

- asynchronous i/o latency: Removed the plug from do_io_submit, to gain improvement on i/o latency

- cpu-supported unaligned accesses: Enabled one of the critical performance feature of our arm v7.

- input: Send events one packet at a time. On heavy event loads, such as a multitouch driver, the irqsoff latency can be very high. And trasferring those data after accumulating in a frame can reduce the latency a lot.

- dynamic fsync: Many fixes and improvements from latest faux123's commits. Updated to version 1.2.

- mali: Gpu control: Introduced voltage and clock control sysfs interface, major credits to andreilux and simone201;

- mali: Reduce utilization sampling timeout. Reduced the time needed by the kernel to make computation on mali usage.

- let the asv settings be applied at init process, during boot.

- added more gpu frequencies. Also restored the default steps configuration and modified the related asv tables.

- disabled haptic debug

- enabled exfat. Those are the new samsung opensource drivers for exfat. No performance or efficency loss, despite few debug features enabled on kernel configuration.
    Many thanks to my friends loudness79 and pluccio, for the beta testing.

- enabled sched_mc_powersavings support.

- ramdisk - rewritten all the scripts to let the application interface be more comprehensible and immediate. Also to avoid selecting more of one option for the same cathegory.

- ramdisk - added the new mali scripts to control gpu. Now we can select various level of overclock and also we can select different sets of voltage to be applied for all 5 gpu steps. Voltage settings are dynamic: No need to re-apply after frequency modifications. Too high clock and too low voltages can give instability. You've been warned ;)

- ramdisk - added new script to manage the sched_mc_power savings. Default seto to 0 (disabled)
    Please read all the entire post, before flashing anything.

SpeedWizz kernel Beta 01/17

Changelogs from version 10/8

- ONLY for Samsung 4.3 JB rom

- Based on latest kernel sources from OSRC n7100-update3

- Linux kernel version 3.0.101

- LZMA compression for zImage and initrd.img

- CPU Boost driver

- Gentle Fair Sleepers disabled from kernel code

- SELinux is present but it's disabled at each boot.
    WARNING: in case you want to switch to a different kernel that lead to SELinux permissive or enforcing mode you MUST reflash your rom entirely and then flash a different kernel. SELinux needs to boot on a labeled system: until you run a disabled selinux kernel labeling is NOT present and system will refuse to work unless you perform a labeling again.
    Be aware.

- Ported almost all the features from old 4.1.2 kernel:

1. Overclock up to 1920 mhz
    2. Undervolt
    3. GPU control - undervolt and overclock
    4. Many optimizations
    5. Fade led notification
    6. TouchWake with slide2wake feature (timeout 0)
    7. zzmoove, pegasusQ, LulzactiveQ and others governors
    8. Sio, row, zen, cfq, deadline (tweaked) and noop schedulers
    9. Proportional rate reduction for TCP congestion
    10. Disabled many logs
    11. Android logger as module
    12. Frandom built-in
    13. Dynamic file system synch
    14. Boeffla sound engine
    15. Zipallign optional feature
    15. Post-init tweaks
    16. Init.d full support with busybox run parts

- Rewritten all the scripts to make them working with the new kernel code (due to some changes on GPU Overclock and undervolt). You can use the embedded app to configure almost every feature of the kernel, enjoy!

Known issues:

- Touchwake, especially the slide2wake feature, is not working properly: sometimes device maybe un-responsive

- One of my testers and in random situation had suffer of random kernel reboot. Actually i am trying to understand on wich line of code the issue is addressed. In case of spontaneous hard reboot (kernel panic) the kernel will automatically dump a last_kmsg and then reboot itself (remember: this log will be dumped ONLY in case of kernel spontaneous reboot, if you force reboot (in freeze case) YOU will give kernel the command to reboot, so last_kmsg is unuseful).

Unfortunately i do NOT have any problem, kernel runs great and without any issue :mad:

Anyway, in case of problems of this kind, please report:

1. Your actual rom
    2. Your bootloader
    3. Attach the log

To grab you last_kmsg, pick terminal emulator from playstore and:

Code:
    su (enter)

cat /proc/last_kmsg > /sdcard/reboot.txt

Then open your archive manager and pick your log.

TO DO: Add a proper custom bootanimation support and increase kernel stability.

Flash at your own risk as always, but doing a nandroid backup you are OK to return back to a working state (in case of problem), so don't be a smurf and lets give a try to this kernel :victory: :p

Thank you guys!
    FYI for those using other variants of the Note II:

Tried Speedwizz Kernel on a rooted T889 (T-mobile Note II) running Tweaked 2.5 (TW/Samsung based ROM). Phone seemed snappy enough, but no mobile network signal detected, despite two dalvik/cache wipes.

I hope the T889 will be supported in the future.

Sorry to say but i do not want to work for something designed for a device i don't own. Very sorry, but i prefer to not do it. I hope you understand....

And a new updated kernel image is up for testing. Here is a changelog.

SpeedWizz kernel 09/30

Changelogs from version 09/24

- tmpfs: fix mempolicy object leaks
    Patched mm/shmem.c to avoid several memory leaks caused by mpol allocated memory, errors parsing remount options will leaked mpol and multiple mpol per mount leak mpol. Credits as per related commit. Follow the link on description.

- mach-exynos: cpuidle-exynos4: set logging default to disabled
    Trying a proper way to optimize kernel resources usage. From gokhan moral source tree.

- power: reduce regulator initializations to regulator minima
    With this modification we now use more undervolt (less voltage level) for Gpu and running stable.
    Before applying this patch, I can't use even -25 Mv. Now i can reach a stable -75 Mv without crash neither graphics glitches.
    Anyway, at the moment, the undervolt scripts in ramdisk are the same of the previous release.

- cpupower: update the cpu_power according to cpu load
    When the lowest frequencies are used, we are in a light load use case and we increase the cpu capacity to keep these light tasks on CPU0. This patch was originally used by AndreiLux in his Perseus, and i think it could be implemented to reach a better balance between performances and battery life.

- Correctly applied the screen sharpness to our hardware

- Moving boot partitions to probe
    This should grant Triangle Away support, need to be tested by others than me.

- Added fast charge - thanks Yank555-lu
    With this modification we now should, i repeat SHOULD, be able to use the same power output for both A/C and USB charging case. And also we should be able to set our custom power level for both.
    Default is disabled, you can use speedwizz manager to set things as desired.
    PLEASE IGNORE THE OUTPUT PRINTED BY TRICKSTERMOD, i will investigate why it show an ENABLED message despite the real state of the sysfs interface.
    Also you should know that for your safety i deliberately omitted the option to enable FAILSAFE: It can be used to allow anything up to 2.1A to be used as AC / USB custom current. The sysfs interface is there but there isn't a script to manage this option because i think it's too dangerous for your data. Use it at your own risk.

- Linux 3.0.74

- RAMDISK: Corrected almost all scripts to let show the coerent increasing order as per choice.

- RAMDISK: fixed the scripts for sched_mc_pwersavings, now will echoes the correct values.

- RAMDISK: simplified the GPU overclock scripts removing the frequencies steps from description choiche menu (i noticed overlapp between values). Now you will see only Low, Medium, High, High+, High++.

- RAMDISK: Added the related scripts for all the new features.

- RAMDISK: Made the Zipallign feature as optional. Use the speedwizz manager to manage the feature DEFAULT DISABLED.

- RAMDISK: removed the option for manage the gentle_fair_sleepers, as this debug feature is totally removed since 24/09 release, sorry for the inconvenience.

You can find all in first page and in my blog as always.
    New beta release in few days

4pxq.jpg