• Dissatisfied

Votes: 4 1.2%
  • Very dissatisfied

Votes: 2 0.6%

• Total voters
Search This thread

garywojdan81

Aug 10, 2010
Coming from 2yrs with the og razr, I'm very satisfied so far.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

mrstarzan

Dec 7, 2009
Washington State
Love the battery life and the screen! The LG Ui is better than I expected and more customizable than most mfg skinned phones. Coming from a Gnex I don't miss vanilla Android like I thought I would. I know I'll be able to get the updates whether they come from LG/VZW or devs. This is the best phone available from VZW at this time, IMO.

Sent from my VS980 4G using xda app-developers app

Bigralphn

Dec 6, 2010
voted Very Satisfied

Overall great phone and I have few complaints.

I wish the phone had:
MicroSD
2nd Sim Slot
Camera Mute
Flat Screen (I don't like how screen protectors can't cover all the class because of the phone's curved edges)

Use a Skinomi protector. You just need to seal the edges with a hair dryer

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

Reactions: yyz123

mrstarzan

Dec 7, 2009
Washington State
voted Very Satisfied

I wish the phone had:
MicroSD
2nd Sim Slot
Camera Mute
Flat Screen (I don't like how screen protectors can't cover all the class because of the phone's curved edges)

What do you mean by camera mute? Shutter sound off? That's in the settings.

Sent from my VS980 4G using xda app-developers app

Bobaroo

Aug 22, 2013
Very Satisfied

I have had the phone for almost a week and really couldn't be happier. Coming from a GNex this is in every way better, especially once I rooted and got a debloated ROM going

androidkid311

Jun 5, 2011
Can't you sue them about the camera lens??

I'm confused between this and the nexus 5 lol. It's killing me. The only advantage the nexus 5 has is software updates.....

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: HotInEER

force70

Can't you sue them about the camera lens??

I'm confused between this and the nexus 5 lol. It's killing me. The only advantage the nexus 5 has is software updates.....

I had a nexus 5..it went back and now i have a G2. G2 blows the nexus out of the water imo.

If the G2 had ext sd card support and went with hard keys instead of on screen soft keys it would literally be perfect. Oh and sms LED notification capability

sent from my S4,Note 3,G2 or Nexus 5

Musicmaster

Aug 3, 2004
I had a nexus 5..it went back and now i have a G2. G2 blows the nexus out of the water imo.

If the G2 had ext sd card support and went with hard keys instead of on screen soft keys it would literally be perfect. Oh and sms LED notification capability

sent from my S4,Note 3,G2 or Nexus 5

It does have SMS LED capability. Use Textra for SMS or lightflow.

Reactions: force70

centro714

May 22, 2010
9.8/10

This phone upped my efficiency level. Amazing!

Sent from my LG-LS980 using xda app-developers app

syzwn9

May 11, 2011
Majority of the user is very satisfied with the phone.

Hopefully G2 will get kitkat in near future.

yyz123

Nov 4, 2013

shook187

Oct 1, 2010
Haverhill MA
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
I'm extremely satisfied with this phone. It my actually hold me over longer than 6 months, which is pretty much the life expectancy of my phones.

Maybe if HTC makes a phone with a 5.2 inch screen, dual boom sound speakers and 3000 Meh battery, it would sway me over back to HTC. But in the meantime this phone's a keeper

g.b.a.

Nov 19, 2012
Tokyo
try typing in meenova in your browser? its a tiny micro sd card holder which plugs into the g2 and then youll have expanded storage its a great idea and im awaiting delivery of one fot $15 dollars its well worth it

luckily, japanese G2 has this -> uploadfromtaptalk1384483403766.jpg out of the box... :p

btw, same here very satisfied with the G2!

Sent from my L-01F using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

androidkid311

Jun 5, 2011
Yeah will go with the g2 and use cyanogemod. Need that bigger battery for LTE

marcutm

Oct 7, 2011
voted Very Satisfied

I wish the phone had:
MicroSD
2nd Sim Slot
Camera Mute

put the phone on vibration and camera will be mute

dagrim1

Sep 1, 2008
Overall pretty satisfied, giving it an 8-8.5 out of 10.

Issues:
* No microsd/only 16GB. And no, an adapter like meenova is no solution for me. I want it to be available all the time, anytime... Don't want to grab something to plug it in and THEN have it available.
* Camera. Good, but has limitations in darker environments. Wonder if it can be improved more.
* Not a fan of the LG software, it's not bad but not exactly my thing. And I notice some issues with responsiveness (perhaps intentionally). For example longpressing in root explorer to get menu options... Takes longer compared to AOSP based roms. (Too long for my liking).
* Somehow kinda boring wrt design, don't feel the wow factor (then again, I guess I'm just spoilt). The almost all screen is great, but that's it :)
* LG. Have to give them a chance, but support and updates worry me.

Still switching between the Z1 and the G2 all the time... Somehow the Z1 feels more special, but the G2 has other major plusses though.

kcharng

Jul 3, 2010
bangkok
Satisfied, however this is my first LG device and I will be looking for on time updates, at least on par or better compares to Samsung or HTC devices.

-LG G2

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I would say this is the phone with highest possible satisfaction from stock. LG's devs definitely done a great job, including so many things you usually only find in custom ROMs.
    I've never been this satisfied before with any kind of phones (including windows phones and iphone, i tested them all) before i got my G2 to replace my good old Galaxy S.
    The highlights are:
    -The battery life is fantastic! It's almost impossible to kill this phone in 24 hours, even with very heavy use. It charges very fast as well.
    -The speed, again, in stock is second to none.
    -All extra features from LG are extremely useful and therefore not a bloat at all: knock on/off (can't live without it anymore), qslide, dialer pop up, etc. It's the first time for me as a former flash freak (i used to flash every custom rom available, kernel, etc) that i love the phone as it is.
    -the hardware is top notch and gorgeous. Look at the demo videos that came with the phone! Camera is one of the best. Back cover is slippery, but not an issue for me as i use a case. (i can recommend case mate tough btw, it has very nice grip, is quite slim yet protects the corners really nice.)
    -i got this phone for a deal price (around 240€ to be paid in 2 years.) that's a huge factor as well.

This is how my score goes
    Stock: 9 of 10
    Rooted/hacked: 9.8 to 10

With root i got this extra mile:
    -viper4android: ridiculous sound output now
    -with tweakbox and g2 xposed i got skip track with volume buttons long press, activate torch for example with long press, some color improvements on the status bar, phone call recording ability.
    -the hacked stock camera with better shutter performance.
    -Thats it.

The only thing i wished this phone had is micro sd slot. Meenova micro sd reader is a neat solution, but still, a slot would make it to an ultimate multimedia gear.

This is the best smartphone currently IMHO.
    95%? thats mean u are very satisfied with the phone right?

Very happy, before i have gs4 9500 and z1,this is better.

Sent from my LG-D802 using xda app-developers app
    what is the advantages of g2 over s4?

Screen,camera and battery.
    I am also very satisfied 9.5/10
    Now i have cm With LG câmera, my lvl is 95% because of no sd card.

Sent from my LG-D802 using xda app-developers app

Get this

click me!

Problem solved
    You need this! Micro SD Card Reader click the link! Most of us here have one. Best investment I made in my phone thus far

I'm expecting mine any day lol...Christmas time deliveries are a bit slow

Sent from my LG-D803 using xda app-developers app